Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91054 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #480 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:02 AM »
Right. I'm having a hard time getting caught up here. I haven't forgotten you all. I'd like to see Aya using her spped in a combat context, and am working on that.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #481 on: May 02, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »
[What's the age rating of now? PG? XD]
Very much now. Just exclude one of my posts about MURDERING bloody self-defence.

I actually had my char walking the backyard of Tourist Helpers, and found an undetonated 250kg incendiary bomb from Tokyo halfburied in the ground. Removed that post because it was kind of... shitting on the moment.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:10:33 AM by T34G3 »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #482 on: May 02, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »
Very much now. Just exclude one of my posts about MURDERING bloody self-defence.

I actually had my char walking the backyard of Tourist Helpers, and found an undetonated 250kg incendiary bomb from Tokyo halfburied in the ground. Removed that post because it was kind of... shitting on the moment.

A bomb will post no difficulty for someone from 21XX

Break anything that stands between you and them!

« Reply #483 on: May 02, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »
A bomb will post no difficulty for someone from 21XX
You will certainly die from it within 35 meter radius in an open space. My char only got 7 meters away, so...

ああああああああああああああああああ

Year twothousandsomething?

that means my tractor is 150 decades obsolete

DEAR GOD
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:33:05 AM by T34G3 »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #484 on: May 02, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »

DEAR GOD

Not only that it's Year Two thousand and One hundred and something,
but Amarillo is resist to all mind-based and elemental attacks.
(In the Pre-Story Arc of An Age Of Chaos she was tortured by both ELPOD (a machine that can extract people's nightmare and realize it, in her case that is being the fact that she is a clone of someone else) and MIEMES (A machine that can detect one's doubt and make it like it's real))

The only attack that can hurt, (and it's super effective) is the melee attack.
such like knives, bullets, and probably radiation.

OH WAIT A NUCLEAR BOMB?

Then better stay away from it.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #485 on: May 02, 2009, 11:24:22 AM »
Having a 14-year-old girl appearing in the male side of hot spring will bump up the age rating A LOT.

Don't do that, for the age rating's sake. XD

[What's the age rating of now? PG? XD]

About PG-13/4. If you're old enough to watch anime, then you're old enough for this. No, it won't bump up the age-rating at all, I think. There's plenty of steam and confusion to provide adequate censorship. But oh, wait, I forgot, this is a TEXT MMORPG, so it shouldn't matter at all ^^.

Right. I'm having a hard time getting caught up here. I haven't forgotten you all. I'd like to see Aya using her spped in a combat context, and am working on that.

Hmm, yes, I can see how catching up can be a problem. I'll post up a summary of day 2 on the summary/update thread later on today. Good to see you back, by the way. Sumire and Aya are quite important in terms of information gathering, after all.

You will certainly die from it within 35 meter radius in an open space. My char only got 7 meters away, so...

ああああああああああああああああああ

DEAR GOD

No, we're not in year twothousand something. Amarillo is a time-traveller from the future. Said future has been 'destroyed' by a major history shift, by the way (Sorry for doing that, but I wanted to see how Amarillo would react to that. Can easily be changed if it interferes too much with your plans, Nemoma).

By the way, I finally cooked up an explanation as to how everyone is so strangely superhuman despite being outsiders. As Reimu pointed out in my previous post, Yukari must have 'selected' the outsiders based on who would be suitable batteries for the escape plan. Yukari argues that it was merely a result of Darwinian selection, that only the strong survive in Gensokyo.

Still, it'd be nice if you could have some sort of explanation for your powers...and perhaps some sort of consequence from using it.

Alex has a pretty plausible explanation - he's been training in martial arts and ki-control from childhood.

Jeremy's power(?) is attributable to his 'drill' which amplifies the mana surge from his emotions and feelings. As a consequence, any drop in his mood can have disastrous repercussions.

Mitaka is (at the moment) a fast developer who develops fastest in dire situations due to emotional and physical stress, especially when near death. It is a culmination of the high mana demand from his contracts and a strong pressure to survive. Essentially this makes use of the game's mechanics, where any physical and mental development also increases your mana stores.

Mitaka's 'power', if you could call it one, comes at the price of his sanity and mental stability which just can't keep up with the pressure and burden of his rapid growth (which is also further damaged by the contracts). This 'power' is essentially available to all average human players who face great demands and experience hardships and overwhelming pressure to survive, i.e. it wouldn't work for superhumans as life for them is easy enough as it is.

Hiroko has some sort of dormant 'psi' power which an inner alter-ego of hers has decided to suppress to protect her (I think).

I'm not too sure about Yoh's powers at the moment, I haven't read the new additions to his profile just yet. But it seems to have strong repercussions when used.

Taihou's powers come across to me as a sort of 'dark side' potential. Some external force promises him power in exchange for his allegiance to the dark side. I can't think of a suitable analogy, really. Won't say more for fear of spoilers.

Owlbear seems to be attempting to artificially increase his own mana circuits....something that may prove rather dangerous in the long term. Archer-Shiro much?

Jan seems to have started off with a higher than average stamina level for your average human being.

Zei has a midnight lost child within him, an artifact that allows him to regenerate mana to max level at midnight every night. However remember that the Midnight Lost Child isn't an inexhaustible well of mana (if you're going by Shakugan no Shana). If you happen to run out of mana during the day, you die.

I can't think of anyone else's off the top of my head at the moment.

Everyone else seems to simply have superhuman powers (with no obvious explanation) or are still average human beings....I think...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »
No, we're not in year twothousand something. Amarillo is a time-traveller from the future. Said future has been 'destroyed' by a major history shift, by the way (Sorry for doing that, but I wanted to see how Amarillo would react to that. Can easily be changed if it interferes too much with your plans, Nemoma).

If you really want to know Amarillo Viridian of An Age of Chaos Timeline, read this:
http://nemoma.6te.net/wordpress/?p=19
Especially the origin part.

It's implied that after the 2nd cloning, (Which happened before she was sent into Gensokyo), the history has been altered once, and some paradox is solved.

However, since she cannot cause a rift in time(time-space travel), she is forced to stay at the current time-space frame. Which means without other's help she cannot transport between time and space, and she won't know how the future will turn out.

However, there are other people from my story that can indeed do time travel, however the connection is cut and the only way to set it back is to weaken the border of time and space, which means, create a paradox. (Like in this case, kill off ZUN)

Amarillo didn't want to go back to 21XX, she didn't have the need, and her power will not work if there is no nature presense, however, in 21XX the earth is ruined so you know that.

She knows computer, Internet and mobile device like PDA, Cellphone or GPS which is a part of the real world. But she cannot predict the future.

Basically a Normal girl with ability using nature as resource, this ability is a sharing of life force.

She is immune to mind-based attacks because she was tortured by it.

And she was weak physically. Being a 14-year-old girl.

Well, a normal mage, elemental based.

« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2009, 11:37:26 AM »
OH WAIT A NUCLEAR BOMB?

Then better stay away from it.
This is a 250kg bomb being dropped from a Stuka:

that's aloof of dead japs

And this is the Fat Man being dropped from a B29 somewhere above Okinawa:

wait for it

here it comes

it may not look like anything, but those two towns were just obliterated by an invisible heat and air wave

let's inspect the property damage

what's the speedometer say

don't know I'm just an american

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:39:27 AM by T34G3 »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #488 on: May 02, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »
Mitaka's 'power', if you could call it one, comes at the price of his sanity and mental stability which just can't keep up with the pressure and burden of his rapid growth (which is also further damaged by the contracts). This 'power' is essentially available to all average human players who face great demands and experience hardships and overwhelming pressure to survive, i.e. it wouldn't work for superhumans as life for them is easy enough as it is.

SYLAR?

His power comes with a hunger and that's why he become so found of.... TK out people's brain...

So I classified the characters based on MTG's description.
MMORPG is your typical Online Games.
HEROES use the one that Primatech uses, there are four class: Cerebral,Physical,Elemental and Biological. Since there are no people that can alter appearence or shot out dangerous things, there are no Biological Users out there.
AAOC, the way I use to define my own characters, simply have 3 ranks: Peace, Passion and Potential.

Alex has a pretty plausible explanation - he's been training in martial arts and ki-control from childhood.

MMORPG Definition : Warrior
HEROES Definition : Physical
AAOC Definition : Passion

Jeremy's power(?) is attributable to his 'drill' which amplifies the mana surge from his emotions and feelings. As a consequence, any drop in his mood can have disastrous repercussions.

MMORPG Definition : Warrior
HEROES Definition : Cerebral
AAOC Definition : Passion/Potential

Mitaka is (at the moment) a fast developer who develops fastest in dire situations due to emotional and physical stress, especially when near death. It is a culmination of the high mana demand from his contracts and a strong pressure to survive. Essentially this makes use of the game's mechanics, where any physical and mental development also increases your mana stores.

MMORPG Definition : Assassin(?)
HEROES Definition : Cerebral
AAOC Definition : Potential

Hiroko has some sort of dormant 'psi' power which an inner alter-ego of hers has decided to suppress to protect her (I think).

MMORPG Definition : Mage
HEROES Definition : Elemental
AAOC Definition : Peace

I'm not too sure about Yoh's powers at the moment, I haven't read the new additions to his profile just yet. But it seems to have strong repercussions when used.
So I can't classify this.

Taihou's powers come across to me as a sort of 'dark side' potential. Some external force promises him power in exchange for his allegiance to the dark side. I can't think of a suitable analogy, really. Won't say more for fear of spoilers.

MMORPG Definition: Sith Knight/Lord
HEROES Definition : Physical / Cerebral
AAOC Definition : Passion / Potential
Owlbear seems to be attempting to artificially increase his own mana circuits....something that may prove rather dangerous in the long term. Archer-Shiro much?
(...)

Jan seems to have started off with a higher than average stamina level for your average human being.
MMORPG Definition : Every other class besides Mage.

Zei has a midnight lost child within him, an artifact that allows him to regenerate mana to max level at midnight every night. However remember that the Midnight Lost Child isn't an inexhaustible well of mana (if you're going by Shakugan no Shana). If you happen to run out of mana during the day, you die.

MMORPG Definition : Mage
HEROES Definition :  Elemental

For Amarillo Viridian...
MMORPG: Mage
HEROES : Elemental
AAOC: Peace

I'm just bored.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:12:04 PM by nemoma »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #489 on: May 02, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »
Taihou's description is correct MTG ^.^ indeed. Ofcourse there is moar behind it, but all in development. I updated my profile with more thoughts from my team + history revealing ( not yet the relationship towards other males. I have to think of that still )

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #490 on: May 02, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »
nemoma: You do know you can read my profile in the thread itself you know >_> Since MTG himself didn't do it XDD

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #491 on: May 02, 2009, 02:26:33 PM »
Ok done

@ Nemoma

Forgive me, but I didn't see the warning. I was writing the story when you posted.

@ all players involved

I mention it in the story, but please do not kill off anyone.

EDIT: Changed the arrival time of the Sky Ray, so please keep it in mind when you post your bit.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:29:38 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #492 on: May 02, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »
Quote from: MTG
Yeah, I was going to do that, but decided not to for obvious reasons (You can't increase the amount of Magic Curcuits you have, the number is pre-determined at birth, and can really only be increased through a transplant). If I still pursue this, I'll probably have Owlbear replenish mana by eating sweets (yeah off the wall, I know). Otherwise his mana will increase by the means of physical training and, maybe, by killing his opponents in battle (for that was the Makai Kingdom way of gaining mana)

I might have him realize a Reality Marble (Akasha Arts* or Badass Arm haven't decided on a name yet) which basically allows him to 'punch' many different things using mana. Even abstract concepts, such as despair, can be 'punched' and weakened or, depending on the Mana flow, shattered. I dunno, this was all thought up like 5 minutes ago so it's less than perfect.

*cookie if you get what I'm referancing there.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #493 on: May 02, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »
Ok done

@ Nemoma

Forgive me, but I didn't see the warning. I was writing the story when you posted.

So that is already happened, now you have done it,
the age rating goes more towards R = =|||

Ok, now your gang are confused, your minds are weak, time for a counterattack!

(And with Amarillo here, no one will die. Fainting or Mind-Control may be involved, though.)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #494 on: May 02, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »
Nicking penultimate post.

So that is already happened, now you have done it,
the age rating goes more towards R = =|||

No it isn't, you're being too harsh.

Who cares about the age rating? If you're on MotK, you should /easily/ be able to handle the shenanigans that happens in this RPG

そんなことだ

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #495 on: May 02, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
I'm only joking about the age rating thing.

And now the revenge had been done!

If you don't know what song I'm referring to in the story, it's here.

Outer Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8WdHhVU-oE
(Where the Lyric is from)
Inner Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiOKM9O3sM
(Which most people will thought when they heard the 1st song, at least in 2009, Asia)

and yes, that can be treated as revenge.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:01:09 PM by nemoma »

Gpop

« Reply #496 on: May 02, 2009, 04:07:43 PM »
I kept it SFW before the dream got out of hand. If it's too much, please tell me so I can edit it differently.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #497 on: May 02, 2009, 04:31:19 PM »
Ero-ero level 9 detected for sure!

I just read it and for some reason while reading the story I could imagine it somehow. Very well written. And don't worry about the ero ero part, keep it like this.

I had to censor a word out in my post =P so yea.

« Reply #498 on: May 02, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
You know, these threads were also to keep that shit thread made by you out of public face. You don't want unsuspecting visitors get a wrong idea of us. Keep moving, commander.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #499 on: May 02, 2009, 04:40:20 PM »
Well the waifu thread is dead and gapped so we shouldn't make it look anything like that (which we are not as far as I have seen). Besides if you would jump back to page 1 or 2 I believe where I also wrote an slight ero-ero story.

I personally don't mind: As long as it doesn't goes in details or too serious. Now and then kissing or ero-action for fun is no problem. As long as it stays fun I guess.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #500 on: May 02, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »
done again.

@ Nemoma

At least you didn't kill anyone

Also, I hope the Orcas didn't piss you guys off.

Edit: Moving Ria's arrival to a more relavent place.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:45:38 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #501 on: May 02, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
Ero-comedy I support heartily, strange I haven't really followed through on that yet. Also this thread has like 505 replies, shouldn't it have autosaged by now?

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #502 on: May 02, 2009, 04:57:35 PM »
TSO said she wanted to try going above 501 with the new forums.

Gpop

« Reply #503 on: May 02, 2009, 04:58:31 PM »
Keep in mind that it was only a dream, and it didn't even get to the good part.

And shouldn't it be a new page?

EDIT: Oh wait no for me it's every 30 posts for a new page

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #504 on: May 02, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »
Oh wow we're over 500 posts and its not locked yet? ._. hmm ah well

WELL i'm about to make a post. Like E-Nazrin punch me for this since i'm really supposed to be working on papers >_>

Edit: I REALLLY hope Xan shows up eventually. If i'm to give him Youmu i need his.... *thinks* is he still playin? ._.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:38:28 PM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #505 on: May 02, 2009, 07:06:33 PM »
AJC please check your PM, I am still waiting for an awnser =)

« Reply #506 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »
AJC please check your PM, I am still waiting for an awnser =)

Replyed to it but i need more anwsers before i can give you a solid reply back

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #507 on: May 02, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »
Yes I thought so. Tried to provide you with many details, feel free to ask if you need to know more.

@ Koji, lol. Cheating on the Mistress is death. Sakuya would skewer you if she saw this. XD

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #508 on: May 02, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »
SHE CAME ON ME!!! XD wth hahaha. its a possible situation when your drunk! give me a break ze! XD
Yeah i'm GLAD your team isn't here with me hahah. But if it did happen well i can work with that too haha.
I think Sakuya is a little tad bit overprotective haha. but then again not so much since she decided to not come here i suppose eh? hehe
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #509 on: May 02, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »

That's an accurate simplification, but it has as many drawbacks as strengths... I think they're all covered in the profile, though. Plus, the fact that Jan showed up after everyone made it out of Gensokyo means that Yukari couldn't have chosen him, since he would have never appeared in Gensokyo for the Darwin test.

MMORPG Definition : Every other class besides Mage.

...Maybe... But Jan's not really fit for any of these, I think.

Quote from: Custom Title
Support Character
This is what Jan will probably end up as, in every sense of it.
Need a pre-battle tactic? If he has the right info, Jan's the guy.
Maybe you need someone to support a long-ranged team by using close combat to distract an enemy. Jan can handle it.
The reverse is true too: Need someone to back you up when you run in? Jan can cover that too (after he learns some magic, or gains at least a bow, or even a rock to throw).
Is the team exhausted after a difficult battle, but remaining underlings are posing a threat? Jan's high stamina and general attitude of staying back means he'll have enough energy to take over for anyone who needs to rest.

Jan's psychological/anatomic knowledge also has plenty of practical applications, both in and out of battle. I won't divulge too much, both in the interest of keeping this from becoming a wall and for personal story spoilers.

Jan's level of stamina is great, but it only lasts until the end of battle. Due to his physical trade-off, Jan will feel the exhaustion like a brick wall as soon as his blood pump slows down and the blood thickens up; if he overdoes it too many times in a row (by taking the front lines more than a few times or if he doesn't get a chance to rest/drink a little), he's more likely to die of a heart attack before his Mana runs out.
However, I do have a planned device to remove this limitation... But it will take a lot of time and training before it's plausible to implement.

Anyway, Jan and patchouli will wait in the Library until approximately 9:00 AM, so if Gpop, Zei, and Kojiro want to show up, just make your post happen between 8:30 and 9:00. I'll be a bit busy today, but if I get to bored, Patchu will start teaching Jan the basics that Gensokyo-comers would already know while waiting.