Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91099 times)

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2009, 04:45:36 AM »
holy shit. that's one uber bad message. ._.

So all 4 of your sites are fricking gone now? that sucks all in the same day? man Hina must be nearby or something. Well that sucks >_>  Truly.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2009, 05:01:39 AM »
holy shit. that's one uber bad message. ._.

So all 4 of your sites are fricking gone now? that sucks all in the same day? man Hina must be nearby or something. Well that sucks >_>  Truly.

That strike in the same month.
However My term project of MULTIPLE courses were hosted there
So I changed the team project and resubmitted the proposal in one of the courses
The others... I redo the codes.

Now I have only one site...
The 6te.net one, the one I used as the archive of this RPG, together with a lot of other stuff.

If that's down, I'm screwed.

So I'll try to take Hina, and let her absorb Amarillo's bad luck.
The only thing left is how to Arrange that to happen...

Break anything that stands between you and them!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #362 on: April 29, 2009, 05:31:54 AM »
All I can say is "ow."

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #363 on: April 29, 2009, 06:55:30 AM »
Ouch indeed, nemoma, did you had backups of your work? Else it is a full loss >.<

PS is everyone going to sleep at Tourists Helpers or we are going to return to the shrine? Depending on that, I'll write my next post.

Edit:

Here is the profile picture I have been working since yesterday evening. Behold, Scarlet Devil Mansion: the butler, the mistress and the maid.

I am not quite satisfied with the result yet. For example Taihou's left leg has a weird position, aswell as Sakuya's overal stance looks odd + her head needs tweaking.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:11:27 AM by Helepolis »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #364 on: April 29, 2009, 08:27:32 AM »
Helepolis: Sakuya probably looks odd to you because her arms seem a little off... That's about it, really. I mean, my own drawings are probably worse than that, I'm not very good in drawing. I'm more verbose than anything, heh.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2009, 08:51:02 AM »
I am just wondering if MTG, Xan or TranceHime ( who is sleeping I think ) can give us small hints of what the next key event(s) is going to be.

I will (hopefully, if I have the time) cover most of our priorities at the 'meeting'. But for the next day -
1) go find the Saniwa shrine's Keystone
2) Go about making the shrine and inn livable and suss out security issues.

There'll be one other key event on day 3. Let's say it'll be an enemy encounter, one that doesn't involve humans.

Go ahead and suggest other things.

I'm skimming through the discussion thread here as I have very little time. If you have pressing questions, PM me.

On hind-sight, we should've just played mahjong instead. I was too dead last night to think that post through properly (which is why my encounter with Austin turned out so terribly-written).

Let's play mahjong next then ^^.

Helepolis, really nice sketch. APPROVAL!

I need to draw my own character one of these days. Ugh...wish I had more time....

Oh, and Nemoma, sorry to hear about your sites. Do you have the stuff backed up? I know a few reliable server providers if you need them.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »
Also it seems five card poker was played and not Texas Hold'm XD Not that it matters. You should have played strippoker with Yukari.

Ahem, eh the Saniwa Shrine stone. Ah yes. I read about that, which allows to share spiritual force without having the partner around. So we move as a whole group back to the shrine I guess? (atleast the teams who stay at Saniwa shrine)

@TranceHime & MTG, thanks. Indeed Sakuya's arms seem to be off a bit, I'll have to adjust those and perhaps try to scan in in my PC and clean it with photoshop (if I can manage it.)

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2009, 10:29:14 AM »
@All the people who care about the old sites:

Thank you .

Well, I didn't have the backup of the old sites.

However, I have done my recoding so the things on 6te.net are the newest.

http://nemoma.6te.net/
This include the Archive Site.
http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/index.php

(The other thing from top to bottom:
ONE ~To a Radiant Season~ Chinese Localization Release Site [ONE is a great game, produced by the member of KEY, who had created KANON and AIR]

Neo Dango Battle Royale - Currently Chinese Only, a funny/bloodless representation of the film/novel Battle Royale

A Forum Core for researching Usages.

My Own Blog - Which I didn't update much...

Mysterious Database - You all know what this is.

VMason - Currently Building, When finished it will become a Niconico-like site, which features have the comments directly on-video-display.

There is a uncilckable link called TypeMania, it have went down with my old Site, together with all the XML Typing Sheets I wrote. And I don't feel like recode it again, so I let it be.)

AND NOW I'M BACKING THINGS UP EVERYDAY...... JUST IN CASE......

Server Providers are fine. But there are 3 things that need to mention:
1: It supports (at least)PHP and have (at least) one MySQL Database.
2: It is free. (Advertisements are ok, but the advertisements can't in the form of Embedding Pages since it will mess up any CMS System.)
3: It's visitable in China Mainland (A lot of freehosts failed at this.)

And To pull things back on track... I noticed there are no replies on the Hina Part...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:37:15 AM by nemoma »

« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »
Ah, fuck.

Can't make a story post for a while if the layout is fucked up like this.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »
I need to figure out exactly HOW Team Shakin' got there. I'll think of something.

Also, I'll need to strengthen on of the bonds, but how, exactly, should I go about it?

hmm...

Gpop

« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »
Ah, fuck.

Can't make a story post for a while if the layout is fucked up like this.

Same here -_-

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »
Same here -_-

Post it on my Archive Site, then transfer it here.

Register at http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/index.php and you will have the right to post posts at the beginning.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »
Ugh, a lot of the arguments in that post was terrible. But I'm too brain dead today. Sorry.

Let me know if any changes are required.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2009, 04:23:16 PM »
I love how fubar'd the layout became.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2009, 05:04:46 PM »
Well, the Quick-Reply still works fine. I should be able to get something done with what's been given to us.

Edit: The second I used the quick-reply, the layout fixed itself. Anyone still having trouble? It might be worth mentioning in the bug thread if it's not just me.

mad

« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
Looking over Mitaka's cat level...37 out of 96 seems late-beginning power-level, but Mitaka is suppose to be weak in power level.

How are these levels calculated?
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #376 on: April 29, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »
Looking over Mitaka's cat level...37 out of 96 seems late-beginning power-level, but Mitaka is suppose to be weak in power level.

How are these levels calculated?

In answer to that, cat level refers to mana levels. Your physical and mental strength all add towards it. It then gets divided up between your team members. Mitaka's 37 cats is divided amongst his team based on how synchronized each team member is with him. Therefore, in any team, the team leader's cat level must always be higher than the whole. i.e. the whole must be greater than the sum of its parts.

37 cats means exactly what it says. Mitaka has mana reserves equivalent to that of 37 cats.

mad

« Reply #377 on: April 29, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »
Few questions then

What can one cat power?

What can the average human power in comparison?

How much mana does it take for a human to survive, even barely? (I'm assuming that humans also need mana to survive, but they generate more than they need. On this basis, I built the anti-magic gas's lethality to humans.)

Will a full overlord then, have a powerlevel that's OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!! (joking)

What happens then if two characters linked to the same source gain over 50% syncronization?
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #378 on: April 29, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »
Humans run on HP, not on Xerox.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #379 on: April 29, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
A bit of an side: For Koakuma, I'm going to use a little synthesis of the fanon and ZUN-confirmed personalities.

Fanon portrays Koakuma as a obedient and generally quiet; I'll be giving her this personality when she's with Patchouli, as she still sees herself as Patchouli's contracted spirit.
In an interview, ZUN said that she would be more carefree and mischievous. I'll be playing this as her more usual, out-of-work personality.
H-Doujins have had Koakuma appear as a succubus; I'm going to use this to both facilitate dream sequences for myself and others, as well as to give her a more concrete ability.

If you have any question or concerns, feel free to bring them up here. For more, see Koakuma's article at the wiki here.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #380 on: April 29, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »
Few questions then

What can one cat power?

What can the average human power in comparison?

How much mana does it take for a human to survive, even barely? (I'm assuming that humans also need mana to survive, but they generate more than they need. On this basis, I built the anti-magic gas's lethality to humans.)

Will a full overlord then, have a powerlevel that's OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!! (joking)

What happens then if two characters linked to the same source gain over 50% syncronization?

This is all just made-up on the spot, really. Things may change as we go along.

One cat level of mana can power a small matchstick's worth of a fireball spell.

One average human produces about 20 cats of mana on average, perhaps.

Humans need about at least 2 cats of mana to survive, just barely, with minimum functionality.

When the mana is limited, the sync ratio differences only affect how the mana is divided. For example, if everyone in Mitaka's team gains the exact same sync ratio, whether it's 10, 20, 30, or whatever, they would divide the mana equally between them. Essentially, if Mitaka had a mana level of 30 cats, each girl would receive 5 cats, and he would receive the remaining 5 (he still needs some to survive).

However, when there is a huge surplus, say Mitaka produces 1000 cats of mana, the amount of mana the girls can get depends on their sync. Say Alice has a sync ratio of 5%, she would only be able to syphon off about 30 - 40 cats of mana. Something like that.

Feel free to propose a better system.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »
Quick question: Are we supposed to be putting up our own Cat numbers? I'd imagine Jan's isn't very high, since he contracted Patch&Koa about 30 story-minutes ago.

mad

« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »
However, when there is a huge surplus, say Mitaka produces 1000 cats of mana, the amount of mana the girls can get depends on their sync. Say Alice has a sync ratio of 5%, she would only be able to syphon off about 30 - 40 cats of mana. Something like that.

I meant that, suppose Alice had 69% and Marisa had 70% how much mana, out of a pool of one thousand, would each have, since 69%+70%>100%. I understand that such levels are nigh impossible, but I'm curious.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2009, 06:35:46 PM »
Might want to check the math.

From what I understood, the 100% of the player character's Mana is split evenly by the Touhou characters and the PC. For example, if Jan has 100 cats and can perfectly split it with his two partners, then each would have 33.3(repeating) cats to use.

Although, there is one more issue: MtG's cats split leaves him with -1.4 cats, so I guess I may have missed something.

« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »
yeah this cat system has confusing math i don't see why it needs to be some funky 96 system like patchu rates sakuya why can it be something simple like how much cats a person produces how much of that the girls get from that via their links don't want to use the current thing unless you are gonna do it for me (us?) or give us a easy to use system of finding ourselfs.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:53:38 PM by AJC »

Gpop

« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2009, 06:43:04 PM »
I really have to get myself to you guys.

Alright, I'll start my part when I get home, and get myself to you guys =/.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »
No worries; I've left an opening for you to talk to Patch, Koa, and Jan on the way to Tourist Helpers so you can get what you need, as well as establishing some rapport with the team.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »
Quick question: Are we supposed to be putting up our own Cat numbers? I'd imagine Jan's isn't very high, since he contracted Patch&Koa about 30 story-minutes ago.

Up to you, really. It's just fun to have, I think. Not obligatory, off course.

I meant that, suppose Alice had 69% and Marisa had 70% how much mana, out of a pool of one thousand, would each have, since 69%+70%>100%. I understand that such levels are nigh impossible, but I'm curious.

There's no set maths (rather, I'm too tired to think up a proper formula). But no, the sync rates don't stack up like that. Say, if Mitaka had 1000 cats of mana, and all the girls had 70% sync rates, they would all get about 150 cats of mana. The sync rates don't determine the NET amount of mana the girls get, it simple determines how much of a share they would get and how efficiently it is transferred.

Might want to check the math.

From what I understood, the 100% of the player character's Mana is split evenly by the Touhou characters and the PC. For example, if Jan has 100 cats and can perfectly split it with his two partners, then each would have 33.3(repeating) cats to use.

Although, there is one more issue: MtG's cats split leaves him with -1.4 cats, so I guess I may have missed something.

As I said, the maths are not absolute. No, it doesn't always split evenly. It depends on the person, how efficient he/she is at managing his/her own mana, the sync rates and mana transfer efficiency, etc.

Really? GAH! Fail maths is fail! I intended on leaving Mitaka about 4 cats, but I think something went wrong along the way. Fixed. I gave Mitaka 43 cats.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2009, 07:23:22 PM »
Hmm, me no get funky cat math -\(o_O)/-

I have a question; say the girl receiving the mana is, in hindsight, a god (Shinki). Would the amount of mana needed to sustain her be higher than usual or would it be the same as say any of the others.

If is indeed higher, then Owlbear's mana reserves would have to be 40-50 at the least and that's probably not counting his physical endurance levels.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:27:24 PM by Demonlord OwlBear »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2009, 07:24:43 PM »
Might i make a proposal system?

How about we go with Ether as a measurement of energy *took a generic name that would be used for special energy in video games*

We can use a 1-100 Ether scale *just picked a good high number* and base it off of this chart?
10 = average human
30 = strength of a ⑨  (D) layer being
40 = strength of a C layer being
50 =  B layer
80 = A layer
100+ = S layer

or we can just give ourselves Ranks like S, B, A, levels of Ether to determine our energy levels.
just an idea

Edit:  I'll go ahead and say yes it should be fine for  say an average leveled human to be able to support an A or S ranked being. This system only goes for their strength alone. The minimum to live would be like 1-8 Ether or something. So for Mitaka who has Yukari lets say he has a Ether level of 10
Yukari would probably be about 7  just to live from him, the lowest amount for an average human to live from can be 1 Ether for all i care haha. If i WAS to add some math i'd say...10 units of mana equal 1 ether or soemthing but we can simply ignore math altogether if we can and just go with something simple like i said about with a 1-100 scale of Ether. We can be totally flexible in how we gauge our own powers of existance (shakugan no shana reference)

I'd imagine Shinjuro, Owlbear, Zei and me would be among the B-S ranks haha 2 of us were former Overlords at one point. Shin seems powerful and Zei has the Midnight Lost child which theoretically gives him infinite Mana (its drained and then at midnight it restores itself back to full. another Shana reference) and he's powerful. I've lost near all of my old abilities but i'm still A or S rank. But thsi is all speculation of course. I just think its a good system to try. hehe.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:39:34 PM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.