Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91072 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2009, 06:54:52 AM »
Quote from: nemoma
Actually It's only a way to make games funny, such like TANKS......
And it will give the enemy a reason to be strong -- if the Enemy is strong enough to destroy Gensokyo, then it shouldn't be roam down with a group of powerless humans, right?
Fun is no problem at all which we add regular but I was more talking about the different story plots suddenly popping up.

Quote from: Mind The Gap
Good that I'm ranting? XD Was it really that bad? ^^;; *is worried* Sorry if it was.
It wasn't bad. It was just we were losing track before and as I explained in my previous post.

Quote from: Mind The Gap
And I strongly encourage you to join us there, even if it's just to take part in this RPG. It's a good opportunity to have fun and, as you said, improve language skills (though, Helepolis, I can't see why you see a need for that, your English is sufficiently good). It would do me a great honour if you and everyone could take part in the foundation of this new RPG venture.
My grammar and spelling sometimes fail. And mostly having hard time trying to find the right word (slim vocabulary) >.<. About the moving: I don't know, it totally depends on my spare time and school. I'll see what I can do.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 07:13:36 AM by Helepolis »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2009, 06:55:56 AM »
quite noisy. and that's why you slow down their speed near enemy so you won't get detected. but oh god, Abrams is the noisiest when you remove it's turret.
Expect to be beset by Violence when I next see you. I haven't read the tank parts yet but making town-wide noise strikes me as a very bad idea if we're trying to avoid notice.
Y'know, like we are.

Also, hooray at still not having caught up with page one of the current story thread! Despite trying to write for several hours tonight! ヽ(`Д?)ノ
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »
town-wide noise
tanks aren't that noisy. even the ones in WWII weren't that noisy. the only thing that makes town-wide noise is the cannon.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2009, 10:56:29 AM »
I'm still not happy with there being a wasteland smack dab in the middle of Japan. You're going to have to give me a stronger argument than that.

Anyone else who agrees with me, say 'aye'.

Hiding your tanks/cruisers/whatever in and around the mountains surrounding the region sounds more plausible. ...no, seriously, tanks and cruisers weren't plausible to begin with, but I'm making a huge allowance here.

By the way, I ended the yakuza fight, but feel free to write in anything extra regarding the fight. I left a lot of holes to exploit there.

Anyhow, will be busy again, so don't expect long posts like the one I just made for a while. Might post a shorter post later, might not.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »
The wasteland in Japan needs to have some sort of justification, a wasteland of such magnitude wouldn't be feasible given the size of Japan and the fact it's... y'know, an archipelago. Logically speaking, the geographically disallows such a sizeable wasteland to exist. >_>

(This is an aye)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »
YEAR 2077 TIMEWARP
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:20:08 AM by T34G3 »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »
OI!

Wait a sec here.

Ria WAS on board the Sky Ray. I can be flexible.

HOWEVER!

There was only one buggy involved. Any others would come to help out a buggy in trouble, with their own buggies. Ria, however, would not hesitate to blow a captured buggy into small pieces of scrap metal.

ALSO!

Ria IS a great pirate, but no pirate in their right mind would make themselves sound like a magic girl from a cheesy anime. How did she go from a calm, gun-crazed captain of a Land Cruiser to a MAGICAL GIRL?!?

I do not see her declaring her name to petty thieves.

Hmm, sorry, her profile just said she was 'easygoing'. *shrugs* I can change that a little, but I couldn't think of any plot devices to introduce her name. The presumption I was working with was that pirates aren't usually in a right mind to begin with and with their great freedom comes great arrogance.

I didn't see a specification regarding the number of buggies, but one extra isn't too bad, right? Ria did try to blow up the stolen buggy...but failed as a certain android maid got in the way of her buggy...

Also, I always try to feature named characters whenever possible. Thus why I brought in Ria. I want her to encounter team Gensokyo, get interested in them, and at some point get involved. I'm trying to introduce plot devices to prevent any more diffuse storylines.

Again, please, avoid diffuse storylines. The pirates are too autonomous, i.e. their storyline is too removed from ours. link them up with RAI Force or Team Gensokyo if you want to keep them in the story.

Also, how did the pirates come into being? I was working with the assumption that they were RAI Force renegades, but it's rapidly becoming clear to me that that isn't the case. How on earth did a band of pirates sprout out in the middle of Japan? Think up a plausible backstory.

I'm still rejecting the wasteland.

And a sleepy little rural town may have yakuza, may have rival inns, but I somehow doubt it would have a batallion of tanks. Rika's tank is plausible because it's Rika. Other tanks....not so much. Please provide a good explanation.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »
Aye, Keep the tank of Rika, destroy the wasteland and everything else hyper-modern. I still find it extremely unsuitable for a Touhou Gensokyo based story.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:04:11 PM by Helepolis »

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »
I don't know. I thought a wasteland would be nice to have around. Besides, wouldn't the tree's get in the way?

So, pirates sprouting up because the people of the wasteland that was created when the Americans invaded with their tanks and chemical and crapola like that had no alternative way to get supplies is not plausible?

also, to get back story on the Sky Ray, refer to Ria's updated profile.

« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »
post me a part from WWII where America invaded Tokyo and it's vicinity with ground units. we will be playing on Hestonworld modo.

Hestonworld:

1. bombing of tokyo will not be accepted, of course
2. need 3 reliable sources of whatever you found

« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2009, 01:23:36 PM »
no no, it's an alternate Japan. America got the bomb too late.

If it's too much, well then, we'll hide them in the mountains.

« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2009, 01:25:18 PM »
you're just jealous

Gpop

« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2009, 01:26:53 PM »
Ok, seriously I'm totally confused with this pirate stuff.

But whatever this "wasteland" is, uhh...what?

mad

« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
you're just jealous

Who?

And a sleepy little rural town may have yakuza, may have rival inns, but I somehow doubt it would have a batallion of tanks. Rika's tank is plausible because it's Rika. Other tanks....not so much. Please provide a good explanation.

It is possible for a small town to house an army tank base. It base could be recent or always been there. I was working under the assumption that is a new base.

As for the wasteland itself, the only property of it that was described in the story wasthat regular human had a hard time surviving the deep wastes without help. That's it. I see all details that are not mentioned directly in the story as subject to change as needed.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »

« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2009, 01:41:23 PM »
bah internet gave out on me last night has i was making my post thats annoying as hell.

getting back to posting.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
Thanks Mind the Gap for taking care of Team butler for a while. Now I finally caught up again with the entire storyline. I could fit in my story right after Amerillo's. Hope you don't mind I took over the cooking, since you were having trouble with it =P

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »
oh...MTG I forget that you implied that every character (created) should have a touhou patner correct?

Well if that is the case I'll have to give my daughter Pearl a teammate too correct?

I can work with that. hehe (if allowable)

Since she uses a sycthe (convenient no?) I'd like to give her Komachi (and maybe Elly but i'll probably be advised to take Shiki instead right? hehe)
Well just let me know if that's alright. We can work out how she gets them if allowable later. I'm off to class.

Like i said i'm just gonna read for now until others get to the "Meeting place" its 9pm for my character so  yeah.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
Thanks Mind the Gap for taking care of Team butler for a while. Now I finally caught up again with the entire storyline. I could fit in my story right after Amerillo's. Hope you don't mind I took over the cooking, since you were having trouble with it =P

OK, since @ 0600 Amarillo was talking to Rinnosuke, and also one cannot manage to cook so many things. XD

AND I SUDDENLY REALIZED THAT THERE ARE FIVE TANKS?

Break anything that stands between you and them!

« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
There's only ONE true tank.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »
two tanks enter one tank leaves...

I (might) post in a little bit, I dunno in college now and dunno if I'll have enough time to actually write. *shrug*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:07:06 PM by Demonlord OwlBear »

« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »

That can be arranged, but you'll have to wait.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #322 on: April 28, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »
So it seems all the teams had arrived eh?

Then it's settled

on 0900PM Game Time we will begin the meeting.

I'll write the first part @0200pm EST.

mad

« Reply #323 on: April 28, 2009, 04:56:57 PM »
Um...Etch.

No one is at the shrine. Jalal and Eirin already left.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #324 on: April 28, 2009, 05:51:57 PM »
In the Opposite Mansion bunch, Zei's group is poised to leave. Gpop is still a few hours behind, but Kojiro and I are ready to move out as well. Since Gpop's next move will involve Patchouli, I think it may be necessary for me to wait and see what he wants to do... (Considering he just left off around 2 PM and Jan didn't even appear until 8:30...)

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #325 on: April 28, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »
It's decided that Meeting will be held in 0900pm

I have posted.

And also in the archive site the meeting will become a separate page in Day 2.
http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/?page_id=270

« Reply #326 on: April 28, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »
Goddamn it, timezones.

Can't contribute for the next 12 hours.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #327 on: April 28, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »
Goddamn it, timezones.

Can't contribute for the next 12 hours.

0900, Game Time.

You can cut in anytime you want, just set the timestamp between 0900pm and whatever the meeting ends.

« Reply #328 on: April 28, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »
The time I'll spend reading your posts doesn't justify shit. Especially when it's a key event.

not like I have contributed for the past 2 days anyways.

Gpop

« Reply #329 on: April 28, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
In the Opposite Mansion bunch, Zei's group is poised to leave. Gpop is still a few hours behind, but Kojiro and I are ready to move out as well. Since Gpop's next move will involve Patchouli, I think it may be necessary for me to wait and see what he wants to do... (Considering he just left off around 2 PM and Jan didn't even appear until 8:30...)

I'm planning on wasting a lot of time in the forest. I'll be back and catch up with you guys soon.