Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91080 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2009, 11:50:05 AM »
Yeah. We're heading there as fast as we can. Why?

Because we're going to have a party afterwards.

Maybe.

Anyhow, I'll try and post something later. I don't know how  far the story's gone but I'd like to at least write out team FUBAR's actions and how we finally get to Amarillo's.

Looks like my presence as a GM didn't really matter to begin with XD. You're all getting along fine, it seems.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2009, 12:14:08 PM »
I think having a separate IRC channel would be better for this, that is, if we have a wider base of people who use IRC as opposed to... ...Uh. Well, I only know the following for sure participating here use IRC: E-Mouse, Helepolis and MTG (though I haven't seen him around #sm recently). So, yeah. That is kind of key for us to be able to have a real time feed of what's going on, what to post, etc.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »
Yea, I am standard on IRC when my pc is booted up. So mostly available, otherwise I always read back pms if anybody has left some.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »
Actually Satori wasn't in the hot Spring gang on Day 2 Morning.

Doesn't matter. We have her around, and she's shown her ability still works. Abuse forthwith!

Plus, Satori needs to know what questions to ask so that the one being interrogated will think the correct thoughts. At least it saves Nemoma's character the Mana needed to force the truth out of someone... Although there still isn't a way for us to have them go back as the sniper did. Plus, Satorin's mind-reading would take the Mana of her mater to accomplish. It's the best we've got, though.

You're right that Satori could use a few starting points, but like I did with the one line of questioning, she can pull out more questions from the victim's worries related to it. And completely debunk any attempts at lying.

Now, getting away with it so thoroughly... THAT'S a good point. Hmm.

As for mana, seeing as she apparently still can't control it anyway and mind-reading basically defaults her to a crazy high sync ratio, I don't think that's going to be an issue.

Anyway, besides E-Nazrin, who else still needs to get caught up to those of us at Night 2?

:V @ E-Nazrin

Me and Sanasan are probably the biggest offenders on that - I need to catch up to even midday, and at Maribel's we've got the whole break-in/train-jumping incident to work through. At least I have a few ideas for what to do with that...

Oh man, and then there's the dream to fight with. And I'll have to do that before getting started on anything else unless I contrive Satori avoiding me until the afternoon party.

Probably me. Last I checked, I was still running around on a train at around 12:30. I'm probably going to finish the train event now though(unless someone else wants to).

On that note, my involvement is going to require me to jump in on that. If Sana and Renko are going to back out without pursuing the 'thieves,' that'll work, but otherwise I want a piece of the action.

IRC

I have IRC stuff set up to open on startup and should be able to lurk around (and would love to get real-time feedback to keep people in character)... but I could really use some help in getting it to auto-login to multiple servers at startup. :/

On that note, I would like to know what server and channel we're talking about.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #274 on: April 27, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »
Dunno about which server would be agreable with you guys, leaning either somewhere in ppirc for those accustomed to #sm or dejatoons just because I'm a selfish ass, even though I recall it banning Mibbit users or some such.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
IRC

Ok, I admit I still can't set up ChatZilla properly....

RUN.jpg

And it seems GPop's user account is normal again..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:06:19 PM by nemoma »

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
I feel I should explain the Buggy.

Large, knobby wheels.

Rear-mounted machine gun for close encounters

Barrage launcher retracts to reload in far back

Armour plating on sides, front and rear, used sparringly for weight reasons

Hydraulic wheels allow for jumping manouvers

Excellent suspension system

seats four.

If anyone's interested.

( will make better explaination on vehicle later )
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:18:55 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

mad

« Reply #277 on: April 27, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »
Team Lunatic will head to the party, if for no other reason than the narrator told him to. I hope that the brawl in the mall will be dealt with so I could use a better one.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #278 on: April 27, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
A few simple changes in order to make things more realistic. Sorry, I'm about to rant. Please don't take this personally.

I'm not quite sure how and where the pirates came from. Is there a plausible back story for them? Etch, slow down with the alternate characters, we can't keep track of all of them. And many of them are running off on their own and fragmenting the storyline, unfortunately. As a rule (which I've posted at the beginning) you have to stick together with others, whether it's team Gensokyo or RAI Force 1.

Anyhow, regarding the pirates, I don't think Japan has a wasteland...yet. I think it's more belieavable if you make the cruisers capable of water, underwater, and air operations (like Gundam Seed Destiny's Archangel). That way the pirate cruiser can hide in a huge underground lake underneath the Yatsugatake Mountains which has an underwater channel connecting it to Lake Suwa and the sea.

I did say 'anything goes', but please keep it believable.

Again, I can't emphasize this enough, it's highly important that we stick together. Fragmented storylines are difficult to follow. The purpose of an MMORPG is to play together as a group. Stay in groups of at least 3 whenever possible. More is preferable.

I'm reading through the story posts now. I'll try and post something in a bit.

mad

« Reply #279 on: April 27, 2009, 06:46:04 PM »
I do believe the Outcry Incident referred to in his profiles refer to that forum game in the last forum.

link: http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1850.0
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #280 on: April 27, 2009, 07:34:21 PM »
It is good that you are ranting MTG therefor I'll quote my own post again because I didn't receive a reply / info about it yet.

I have slight feeling without MTG being available it will be hard to stay on track. Even I lost the storyline a few times which I had to read several times over to type my own or adjust myself. I don't know what Xan and TranceHime will do now. I'll view it for the time being.

I was hoping I could be dragged by MTG so the regrouping would actually occur so we can continue our true goal which is restoration of Gensokyo, or finding out who is behind this, why and how. But we don't seem to get there yet.

I myself can't be that active anymore aswell after two weeks when school starts to get annoying again.

Quote from: Mind The Gap
If and when we move this RPG to the new forum, do you all want to just continue it? Or shall we reset it, post new stuff and repost old stuff from this version as we go along? Most of us will have plenty of time over summer break so I think it'd be possible. If we do the latter, I'll be able to properly organize and plan everything this time. Thoughts? Discuss.
I am generally no roleplayer at all. I love to use fantasy to create fictional stories as entertainment. Also improves certain language skills over time ( I hope ). But if this all goes to a new forum I am affraid I won't be taking place there.

If that occurs someone else have to play Taihou or I'll execute my character development + story in one post which then automatically people can take over Mokou Keine and Sakuya.

« Reply #281 on: April 27, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
I do believe the Outcry Incident referred to in his profiles refer to that forum game in the last forum.

link: http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1850.0

That bit is actually incomplete.

The full story will be posted eventually for reference.

The Pirates and the escapees will meet up with the gensokyoites. How the others want to deal with them, I cannot determine. If they really wnt to kill em off, they that's their opinion.

Also, the wasteland. It could just be the result of a failed experiment. I sort of have an idea for the wasteland, to be posted later. However, underwater capabilities is a good thing to consider.

I'll try to bring in the Escapees after the port scene. The pirates will come along at a later time, still undetermined.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #282 on: April 27, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »
:V @ E-Nazrin
wat

I did say 'anything goes', but please keep it believable.

Again, I can't emphasize this enough, it's highly important that we stick together. Fragmented storylines are difficult to follow. The purpose of an MMORPG is to play together as a group. Stay in groups of at least 3 whenever possible. More is preferable.

I'm glad you were able to get that addressed... The RP was starting to go in way too many directions at once, what with the sudden influx of pirates and Yakuza at an otherwise unremarkable rural Japanese town. If you're willing to wait for something plausible, then I guess I am too.

And it seems GPop's user account is normal again..
Good news at last! Once Gpop and Zei are at least caught up, the whole Opposite Mansion group can go to Tourist Helpers and wait for the rest. I'd really like to get some progress done today, and it looks like it may be possible now...

Quote from: A bunch of others
IRC
I don't use it often, but if you get a channel set up, I'm sure I could set it to open up automatically, like what E-Mouse said his setup was like.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #283 on: April 27, 2009, 08:45:21 PM »
Actually same thing I am wondering, what is the sudden hype with Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield, EVE online, hypertechnology, star-wars/trek, Command & Conquer alike elements? Aren't we all supose to be mere "humans" or youkais who trying to find the true culprit behind Gensokyo collapse and restore it? Someone explain me.

Butler group is still lost because it is supose to meet up with team Fubar.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »
Actually same thing I am wondering, what is the sudden hype with Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield, EVE online, hypertechnology, star-wars/trek, Command & Conquer alike elements? Aren't we all supose to be mere "humans" or youkais who trying to find the true culprit behind Gensokyo collapse and restore it? Someone explain me.

Butler group is still lost because it is supose to meet up with team Fubar.

With great power comes great responsibility.
Restoring Gensokyo is great responsibility. Thus we need great power......

FOR EXAMPLE:

Actually,NO

Actually It's only a way to make games funny, such like TANKS......
And it will give the enemy a reason to be strong -- if the Enemy is strong enough to destroy Gensokyo, then it shouldn't be roam down with a group of powerless humans, right?

It's hard to divide "strong" from "godmodding", as MTG said. But I'll try...

OK,so MTG's team made it before the supper, so as most GALGAMEs' the people staying at Furukawa Bakers Tourist Helpers at night get free supper! \^o^/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:17:52 PM by nemoma »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2009, 09:24:11 PM »
It is good that you are ranting MTG therefor I'll quote my own post again because I didn't receive a reply / info about it yet.

I have slight feeling without MTG being available it will be hard to stay on track. Even I lost the storyline a few times which I had to read several times over to type my own or adjust myself. I don't know what Xan and TranceHime will do now. I'll view it for the time being.

I was hoping I could be dragged by MTG so the regrouping would actually occur so we can continue our true goal which is restoration of Gensokyo, or finding out who is behind this, why and how. But we don't seem to get there yet.

I myself can't be that active anymore aswell after two weeks when school starts to get annoying again.

If that occurs someone else have to play Taihou or I'll execute my character development + story in one post which then automatically people can take over Mokou Keine and Sakuya.
I am generally no roleplayer at all. I love to use fantasy to create fictional stories as entertainment. Also improves certain language skills over time ( I hope ). But if this all goes to a new forum I am affraid I won't be taking place there.

Good that I'm ranting? XD Was it really that bad? ^^;; *is worried* Sorry if it was.

Anyhow, wrote you into the post, Taihou.

And I strongly encourage you to join us there, even if it's just to take part in this RPG. It's a good opportunity to have fun and, as you said, improve language skills (though, Helepolis, I can't see why you see a need for that, your English is sufficiently good). It would do me a great honour if you and everyone could take part in the foundation of this new RPG venture.

Sorry, Nemoma, I'm altering things a little again. I read over your posts and nothing suggested you were alone in the Tourist Helpers store so I sort of inserted us in between your posts. So now we're at your store, ready for the meeting.

Now we just have to wait for the opposite mansion group to arrive.

I wanted to have team FUBAR exhibit a sneakpeek of their synchronization in a mad chain combo of attacks, but I suppose I'll save that for later. I wanted to involve everyone more in that post.

If anyone sees any problems with my post, let me know.

Gpop

« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
Alrighty I'm back. I got Kojiro to post my part.

But I'm not planning on taking Patchouli in any way. I'm just going to use her to help me out, that's all, and develop a friendly relationship with Jan.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
Sorry, Nemoma, I'm altering things a little again. I read over your posts and nothing suggested you were alone in the Tourist Helpers store so I sort of inserted us in between your posts. So now we're at your store, ready for the meeting.

That's all right, as I said before, the team first come get free supper \^o^/

mad

« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2009, 10:55:22 PM »
I discussed this with Etch.

The Americans did not complete the A bomb in time. They invaded Japan with as much might as they could muster. The Japanese surrendered when the battle raged there. The wasteland itself is not a desert. It rains too much. It is a cratered land full of mines and chemical weapons. Many daimyo were also buried there with their treasures. This attracts treasure hunters who quickly fall prey to the pirates.

These pirates are the only source of food and supplies in the region. Ria controls a major pirate group and supplies a village, which in turn gives her a place to hide and recruits. The villagers refuse to tell outlanders the name of the village.

The Japanese government has no control over the area. The pirates are simply too powerful.

Edit: I thought Ria was on the Sky Ray. She merely sent a team for that raid. She seems to have more than one raid going on at a time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:01:53 PM by Madness Chaser »

« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
OI!

Wait a sec here.

Ria WAS on board the Sky Ray. I can be flexible.

HOWEVER!

There was only one buggy involved. Any others would come to help out a buggy in trouble, with their own buggies. Ria, however, would not hesitate to blow a captured buggy into small pieces of scrap metal.

ALSO!

Ria IS a great pirate, but no pirate in their right mind would make themselves sound like a magic girl from a cheesy anime. How did she go from a calm, gun-crazed captain of a Land Cruiser to a MAGICAL GIRL?!?

I do not see her declaring her name to petty thieves.

mad

« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:10 PM »
It looks like everyone is arriving at the Tourist Helpers already. I'll cut Jalal's training short.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #291 on: April 27, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
Ok, since Tourist Helpers is going to be a HQ and a shop, I need to "gap in" another people from Gensokyo.

Some shop-keeper......

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2009, 12:38:31 AM »
I'm just going to use her to help me out, that's all, and develop a friendly relationship with Jan.

That's perfectly fine with me; Jan's the sort to help others out. I don't think the library duo will have any issues helping you with your synch issues either.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2009, 12:59:49 AM »
So ok, how many people are now currently at Tourist Helpers?

Give me a list, thank you.

And add Rinnosuke into team TOURIST.

I promise no MANNOSUKE will appear in this RPG, ever.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2009, 01:31:48 AM »
I promise no MANNOSUKE will appear in this RPG, ever.

Several minutes later, Rika was asking me how I'd managed to get her latest invention moving again.

I didn't feel like explaining. "Manliness."

I stepped past her to...

Mannosuke flashed into my head. I quickly tried to drive him out, and saw Satori turn slightly green.

Oops.

Too late :D

I will eventually be at Tourist Helpers, given like a week to catch up with everything.

Though I'm sketchy on the dreams' mechanics, and what Satori wanted to show with her 'diving.' Give people an overview of what every groups' dreams were like, or just/mostly what they saw themselves?

How noisy are the tanks being? I swear, if anyone's making a ruckus that'd point out our presence...
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2009, 01:39:28 AM »
Too late :D

I won't make it happen.

I PROMISE.

mad

« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2009, 01:44:06 AM »
The Pirates' tanks are out in the wasteland.

Thirtyfour's tank is parked at the shrine.

The escapees' tanks are in the wasteland.

The military has its own tanks, but they are currently preparing.

The mobile fortresses are parked next to the dojo.

I think that account for all the tanks.

Also:

"What?!? Where is you manliness? Your bravery? What happened to the man I used to know? Unafraid to be himself? Where is the man who swore to me 'When Jeremy gets the drill that pierces the heavens, I shall wear it as a codpiece'? Where is he and what have you done with him?"

« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2009, 04:47:10 AM »
Time for a lone dumb yakuza to feel the wrath of Home Alone fairy style

;D

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2009, 05:03:58 AM »
I'll call it a day, seeing no more people post about their part of coming to Tourist Helpers

Will check at 6 am EST.

To AJC: Remember to have the wings of the fairies back (to prevent a plot hole from happening )when they set foot in the Tourist Helpers,  reason see the previous part, namely Day 1 night.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:05:40 AM by nemoma »

« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2009, 06:03:47 AM »
where'd the hell my Zetor disappear

How noisy are the tanks being? I swear, if anyone's making a ruckus that'd point out our presence...
quite noisy. and that's why you slow down their speed near enemy so you won't get detected. but oh god, Abrams is the noisiest when you remove it's turret.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:11:11 AM by T34G3 »