Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91086 times)

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2009, 05:11:26 PM »
I hope you guys liked the music i posted in my part a few posts back ^_^ I listen to that stuff all the time and i think it fits the mood of my character and home rather well hehe its a remix of megaman x music but its so jazzy and transient i frickin love it ^_^

It seems my firefox is blocking it, I'll go back and check, and post that alongside on the Archive site as well.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

mad

« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2009, 05:32:48 PM »
I am going to have SO DAMN MUCH to catch up on.

However, for the Gensokyo faction's name:

"Gensokyo Liberation Front."

"... what?"

"... no, we aren't liberating anything. What's a better word for... oh! Restoration!"

"Why are you making us sound like some sort of terrorist group?"

"Because that's what we are.

Or 'freedom fighters,' if you prefer that term for it."

Call it the Gensokyo Liberation Army if we're running with this theme.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2009, 06:09:48 PM »
Call it the Gensokyo Liberation Army if we're running with this theme.

...So we can build Tunnel Network everywhere for quick transport

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »
Shall I have Ria lend Rocket buggies when that time comes?

« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »
inb4 tank rush

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2009, 07:03:44 PM »
Quote from: Etch-E-Sketch
OwlBear, do you mind the fact that I just saved you from Yakuza with idiots?

just curious, that's all.
Ara? Oh nah, I don't mind, I'l have to rethink my next post a bit, but it's alright with me.

Also, are the Moonbitches Watatsuki's in the outside as well, it's kinda confusing being I'm not sure if the moon in Gensokyo is the same moon on the outside. I ask being I might do something with the (2nd) Reisen and the 4th faction (the one that isn't really affiliated with anyone)...I dunno. It just struck me as an interest during work today.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:11:44 PM by Demonlord OwlBear »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2009, 07:11:32 PM »
Lets just say they are for the sake of simplicity haha. For all we know the moon and gensokyo could have their own barriers thus be independant from one other or something. Or they escaped to the outside world via their own barrier haha. i dunno we can make up anythin here.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »
Or we could just say that the Nation of Lunaria has declared war on the Earth to get revenge for the collapse of the border, due to disrupted trade. Freedom of trade and all that jazz.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2009, 07:14:08 PM »
The fantasy/Gensokyo moon is violently isolationist, isn't it? I don't think they'd get involved unless someone tries to invade. Again.

Unless the Watatsukis really insist on getting revenge on Yukari even after Gensokyo is destroyed... she may have been a bitch (or at least an obnoxious prankster) to them in the past, but I somehow doubt they'd be strongly inclined to kick her while she's down.

Although... I don't know why Reisen2 was on Earth in the first place...
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »
If I remember correctly, it was stated that the barrier separating the rest of the moon from the Lunarian's settlement was similar to the Hakurei border. Depending on how Kikuri took down the borders of Gensokyo and other earthly magical hideouts, it's possible that the same happened to the moon as well. Of course, even if low on Mana, the Lunarians would likely scramble to Earth since the moon isn't a safe place...

Edit: Reisen2 fled the moon in much the same way as the original, but went back when Eirin had her deliver a letter to the Watatsuki sisters. I kinda feel bad for her...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:20:48 PM by Jan-san »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2009, 07:33:17 PM »
Did I miss a mention of her bringing down magical borders in general...? It isn't just Gensokyo?

Because I'm not so sure about that.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #251 on: April 26, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »
Hmm... Well, I did have to do a bit of a speed-read when I signed on, but I thought she was taking the world's Mana flow under her control, not just that which would affect Gensokyo. I'll do a quick check.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #252 on: April 26, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »
As far as MTG has hinted us, it was not Kikuri who broke Hakurei Border, was someone else.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »
Regarding the Lunarians, they live in a sanctuary much like Gensokyo. As I said in the beginning (and this will hopefully be revealed soon at the meeting at Amarillo's), all the sanctuaries in the world (Shangrila, Avalon, Tir a Nog, etc.) have similarly collapsed. Gensokyo was perhaps the last to do so. Thus the Lunarians too found themselves in a rapidly imploding cocoon. Whether or not their technology saved them is another issue entirely.

I must apologize again - I'll be really busy for the next week at the very least, perhaps for a good 4 weeks at worst. Exam season is upon me, finally. I'll be able to come in for half-an-hour a day at best to answer any questions. If you PM them to me, you'll most likely get a reply. I may or may not have time to sift through the entire discussion thread. I will most likely not have time to go through all the story posts if we continue at the high rate of fire we've been going at. I definitely didn't expect things to develop this fast and it was again a product of poor planning on my part.

Worry not though, I've asked two people, our future global mods for Gensokyo-Online, Xan and TranceHime, to help co-GM for a while. However, if it turns out they're busy as well, I'll ask for volunteers to help co-GM.

When I'm properly finished with everything (around the 24th of May) I'll finish up Project Gensokyo-Online, the touhou text RPG forum I've been working on for a while now. Those of you who caught the old thread in the previous MotK would know more or less what it's all about. I'm thinking of moving this RPG there where we'll have the freedom to organize things better, I think. We'll also free the moderators here of our irksome threads. So you're all invited to join us there once it's open.

A bit of info for Gensokyo-Online, in case you didn't catch the old thread, the RPG system is similar to this, freeform with lots of freedom, but a whole lot better organized and regulated (as I said before, I didn't organize this RPG as well as I normally do). You can either roleplay canon characters or original characters and there'll be many plots running at the same time, everything from epic action/adventure plots to smaller slice-of-life and romance plots. You also have the freedom to suggest your own plots and GM them yourselves. There'll also be an alternate universe section and I suppose this RPG will be the first entry there.

Oh, and as I mentioned before, Xan and TranceHime will be the first probationary global mods there, chosen based on recommendations from other members.

So, sorry once more. I had suggested this RPG as a spur of the moment thing (thanks to that 'w'-word thread) and I never really thought about my schedule at the time. I hope you all can keep this rolling and continue having fun. As I said, I'll be available for questions. Just PM them to me. If you need story directions you can decide that amongst yourselves (discuss here or use the IRC channel), ask the co-GMs, or PM me (You'll have to give me a quick summary while you're at it).

If and when we move this RPG to the new forum, do you all want to just continue it? Or shall we reset it, post new stuff and repost old stuff from this version as we go along? Most of us will have plenty of time over summer break so I think it'd be possible. If we do the latter, I'll be able to properly organize and plan everything this time. Thoughts? Discuss.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »
Ah, thanks for the clarification and update. If we do move this to the new forum, I don't think we should restart, just because of the progress that has already been made... Of course, I do expect others to disagree, though.

Anyway, anyone online and available to start moving to the meeting point at Tourist Helpers? It's too dangerous to go alone, even with two packs of things to take. Patchouli, Koakuma, and Jan are pretty much ready to go, and while I don't necessarily have to wait for the others in the mansion, the overloaded leader of the group can't do too much in the way of combat but beat with a stick or poke with a switchblade... Especially while carrying his load and supporting two magic-users.

« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2009, 08:30:01 PM »
Just put alink to the other thing then when you're done.

Anyway, anyone online and available to start moving to the meeting point at Tourist Helpers? It's too dangerous to go alone, even with two packs of things to take. Patchouli, Koakuma, and Jan are pretty much ready to go, and while I don't necessarily have to wait for the others in the mansion, the overloaded leader of the group can't do too much in the way of combat but beat with a stick or poke with a switchblade... Especially while carrying his load and supporting two magic-users.

Would you like some help from some friendly neighborhood PIRATES?!?

( I really don't know where this pirate obsession came from... )

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »

yeah dammit i'd like to know why you suddenly got so into pirates! XD Maybe the idea of Land Pirates(tanks) instead of Sea Pirates(ships) was that tantalizing for you or something haha.

As for me I'm not gonna move until we get this meeting started. Since my afternoon events involved sleeping for 4 hours i kinda have no choice BUT to wait now ahha. if i do anything now more time will be consumed in the evening. and its already 9pm for my character. I don't mind waiting so i'ma sit tight and read everyone else(and do my homeworks ze >.>;; )

Edit:
lets see....got to my place at half past 8 ish.
Gpop Zei and my teams had a little pizza party till noon ish
Went to sleep from exhaustion we all dreamed, woke up about 8pm (hey after escaping running from enemies and trying to get to a safe place i was more tired than i let on i need that 8 hours of sleep XD...was raided 2 hours prior)
Met Jan and transferred 2 of my chars to him.
now 9pm

plus originally i thought i should adjust to Remilia's daily waking/sleepin scheldule  just to be considerate for her. but meh guess i shouldn't have done that haha.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:53:19 PM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2009, 08:40:32 PM »
Good point... Too many people are still at 10 AM.

I guess I'll take a break from RP for the day and come back later; hopefully, people will have caught up by then.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »

OK, even though I'm closely following the story, (archive, archive, archive..... XD)
I don't know where the pirates is coming from, either.

Seems there are multiple enemies?
First we have Kikuri
Then we have Yakuza
And now pirates?

So...

Kane :"It's time for NOD to show up, Amarillo is here and she is the TOP priority of FARGO, I should inform Tsuki soon to get the FARGO know the fact and jump in at the best moment !"

Tsuki :"No, it's not the time for us to jump in since our time-space jump will confuse others, and we don't want so many people watching us."

Also, if we move this to the new forum, don't restart it.

New stand-alone forum is good, BTW. If the stand-alone forum is opened then I'll try to translate my An Age of Chaos series onto it.

BTW, as the noon section is getting to a end I think it's time to archive the posts into pages. Just you wait.

ARCHIVING COMPLETED

WORDPRESS IS [rainbow]AWESOME[/rainbow]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:16:31 PM by nemoma »

« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »
The Pirate's aren't actively agressive to the Gensokyoites

They could end up as allies.

EDIT:

Pirate time stamp.

10:35 AM killed Yakuza.

10:37 AM Killed Yakuza.

10:40 AM Killed Soldiers.

???

6:00 PM Raided mansion.

8:00 PM departed for mana generator.

11:00 PM found Kaguya.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:39:04 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
I have slight feeling without MTG being available it will be hard to stay on track. Even I lost the storyline a few times which I had to read several times over to type my own or adjust myself. I don't know what Xan and TranceHime will do now. I'll view it for the time being.

I was hoping I could be dragged by MTG so the regrouping would actually occur so we can continue our true goal which is restoration of Gensokyo, or finding out who is behind this, why and how. But we don't seem to get there yet.

I myself can't be that active anymore aswell after two weeks when school starts to get annoying again.

Quote from: Mind The Gap
If and when we move this RPG to the new forum, do you all want to just continue it? Or shall we reset it, post new stuff and repost old stuff from this version as we go along? Most of us will have plenty of time over summer break so I think it'd be possible. If we do the latter, I'll be able to properly organize and plan everything this time. Thoughts? Discuss.

I am generally no roleplayer at all. I love to use fantasy to create fictional stories as entertainment. Also improves certain language skills over time ( I hope ). But if this all goes to a new forum I am affraid I won't be taking place there.

If that occurs someone else have to play Taihou or I'll execute my character development + story in one post which then automatically people can take over Mokou Keine and Sakuya.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:37:06 PM by Helepolis »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »
the IRC channel
Wait, what?

I'm going to try and post this evening, though I won't be advancing far. By which I mean "catching up" far.

mad

« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2009, 01:01:08 AM »
Umm...RAI guys. The briefing was scheduled for day 3 9:00 AM. That is not soon for a person in 9:15 PM Day 2.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2009, 01:04:30 AM »

"Satori.

We don't need to interrogate anyone.

We have a fucking MIND READER."

Actually Satori wasn't in the hot Spring gang on Day 2 Morning.
If the source is correct they left the Ex-Hakurei shrine because of the attack.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #264 on: April 27, 2009, 01:11:16 AM »
Plus, Satori needs to know what questions to ask so that the one being interrogated will think the correct thoughts. At least it saves Nemoma's character the Mana needed to force the truth out of someone... Although there still isn't a way for us to have them go back as the sniper did. Plus, Satorin's mind-reading would take the Mana of her mater to accomplish. It's the best we've got, though.

Anyway, besides E-Nazrin, who else still needs to get caught up to those of us at Night 2?

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2009, 02:11:15 AM »
Anyway, besides E-Nazrin, who else still needs to get caught up to those of us at Night 2?
Probably me. Last I checked, I was still running around on a train at around 12:30. I'm probably going to finish the train event now though(unless someone else wants to).

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2009, 04:32:08 AM »

And who are actually going to Tourist Helpers?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2009, 04:52:58 AM »
my group is heading there now with Zei Gpop and Jan. its 9pm for my story so if we arrive "late" that's fine

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2009, 05:01:27 AM »
my group is heading there now with Zei Gpop and Jan. its 9pm for my story so if we arrive "late" that's fine

I will take it as 0930 pm.

So I'll write more about what had happened between 0530pm and 0930pm.

No Suppers, everyone.

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #269 on: April 27, 2009, 10:54:44 AM »
Yeah. We're heading there as fast as we can.
No Suppers, everyone.
Why?