Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91146 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
I''ll arrive at the mansion around 8:45 then? I can just edit the little bit to reflect the later arrival since it shouldn't affect anyone. As much as I'd love to head over to Junes and sing the jingle help out against the Yakuza, my first priority is getting to Patchouli and Koakuma. Where I head after that will depend largely on Kojiro and Zei.

I'll have my first post up in just a bit...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
oh then in that case i'll wait for you to finish your post haha. i was about to start my own post just now XD since Zei forced my character out of bed. I'll wait on you man go for it hehe
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
There, I'm waiting at the door now... I'd use my supplies to help, but I think you might be covered on that already. I'll be back in a few minutes to check out what happens.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »
man i just realized that i'm giving away 3 of my characters! XD I'll just have Minoriko and Remilia left after a while. Now i need Xan to make a story so we can give him Youmu. 
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2009, 07:15:39 PM »
Please note that it was an entire shipload of questionable reading material, including such titles as PlayMaid, Sexy Devil, Librarian Love, Drain Me! Mistress Vampire, and Can't cut the Tentacle amongst others.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2009, 07:17:16 PM »
Oh, you.

I guess Kojiro and I will just complete the transition of characters, and we'll be ready to move on. Gpop won't be mentioned, so he can do with his characters as he likes (provided we don't get into a serious situation)... Actually, it may be best to lay low until he can get back on. I may check the channel later.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »
Please note that it was an entire shipload of questionable reading material, including such titles as PlayMaid, Sexy Devil, Librarian Love, Drain Me! Mistress Vampire, and Can't cut the Tentacle amongst others.

o_o; holy shit. I think i'll...keep them for myself then ^^;

Oh, you.

I guess Kojiro and I will just complete the transition of characters, and we'll be ready to move on. Gpop won't be mentioned, so he can do with his characters as he likes (provided we don't get into a serious situation)... Actually, it may be best to lay low until he can get back on. I may check the channel later.

Yeah we'll transfer Patchouli and Koakuma soon so we can move to other more pressing things. Pearl hasn't come back from shopping yet and i need to make her get back here soon with a legitimate reason for being late haha 8 hours of shopping? even for girls that's kind along isn't it? XD

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2009, 07:39:09 PM »
Ok, Koji, you can pick up a few new characters I suppose. How that's going to happen is a little sketcy. Maybe we can come across a RAI Force convoy on day 3 carrying one or two characters with prototype portable mana generators?

Hmm, perhaps the mana generators will be destroyed in what ever transpires (shot by a tank or something) but we might be able to recover the remains and begin reverse-engineering them (thank goodness for team Shakin' and team Tank, eh?). Though that will take at least a few months, otherwise things would be too easy.

Hmm, something like that?

Anyhow, I sorted out the timeline. It's up in the summary/status update thread. I edited a few timestamps at my own discretion to allow Koji and Gpop the opportunity to join us at the department store.

Btw, yes, it's the same 'Junes' department store from Persona 4. Don't bother if you haven't heard of or played Persona 4 (pssst, it's an awesome game). Part of the inspiration for Karuisuwa stemmed from Persona 4 so for those of you who've played, Karuisuwa is that sort of a laid back rural town.

As for TranceHime and Meira, I'll get to you in a moment. Though you are free to act at your own discretion, you realize that, right? XD

Anything else?

« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
Looks like the story is starting to revolve more and more around tanks.

That means Thirtyfour's dream is going to happen sooner or later.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2009, 07:52:51 PM »
yeah that's fine, although i don't know exactly if i want to take new characters just yet. Having a smaller party is easier to manage. I might pick up one more.But i dont' know yet. Don't worry about the Yakuza brawl though haha. I want to keep my times the way it was. My character was exhausted after,
1)escape collasping gensokyo
2) hiking through the forest near lake suwa
3) setting up 5 links at once
4) getting little rest at the hot spring
5) giving more mana to the girls to suppress their hunger
6) hiking MORE to get home
7) cooking pizza

All that stuff and how much sleep? XD yeah i'd be deader than roadkill tired man. I'm fine how i am haha. Although i'll need the details of this important meetin or whatever o,o since you want everyone there soon or somethin hehe. I'll think of something or if someone provokes my existance in their story i'll work with that too. its all gravy with me  8)

i MIGHT pick up Hina and/or Rumia
Curses and Darkness fit my backstory so that would be shweet.

Edit: did ANYONE catch the song by DOPE i slyly inserted in my dream posting? hahah
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:55:41 PM by Kojiro »

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »
Edit: did ANYONE catch the song by DOPE i slyly inserted in my dream posting? hahah
yes, and the whole length of it

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »
hehe when i think about my character i think about that song sometimes. Good song btw. so yeah x)

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
I'll just make my way inside to take a look at those magazines you have for sale, then...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
oh shit XD hahahahha. anything goes. anything goes XD

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »
Oh, and Nemoma, very nice work there. Everyone, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you to go take a look at the great work Nemoma's done with the RPG information and give her a good hearty pat on the back for all the effort.

I'm thinking of adding a separate thread for diving/dreams as they seem to be cluttering the story thread ~_~. And one for glossaries too, though Nemoma has generously volunteered to add that to her site. Hmm...I'm tempted, but I don't think I should irritate the mods any further...

Again, if there's anything pressing, PM me. I'm going to write up a post now.

Uhh...I seriously didn't see this coming.

Oh, which brings me onto another separate issue - from now on, can everyone please stick to the same timeline if at all possible? Please don't jump off to 2 PM in the afternoon when the last post was still at 9.15 AM. I would advise against taking naps in the afternoon as well if you can avoid it (though I suppose Nemoma's cool-down is obligatory) as you'll have plenty of time at night, even if it's for diving purposes. Again, avoid fragmented storylines whenever possible.

Although i'll need the details of this important meetin or whatever o,o since you want everyone there soon or somethin hehe. I'll think of something or if someone provokes my existance in their story i'll work with that too. its all gravy with me  8)

i MIGHT pick up Hina and/or Rumia
Curses and Darkness fit my backstory so that would be shweet.

Meeting takes place at Amarillo's store, Tourist Helpers, sometime in the evening, followed by an impromptu party celebrating the official formation of Team Gensokyo (we'll also fight over the team name, so think up something catchy!)

In the meeting, we'll officially agree to work together to restore Gensokyo. We decide that our first priority is to set up shop in Karuisuwa and strengthen ourselves in case we have to defend against those men in black. We will continue investigating the destruction of Gensokyo and find out who hijacked the leylines. The remains of the mana leylines are still in the mountains so we can go there and see what happened on a later day. If it was indeed Kikuri then we will have to prepare to confront her AND the government. Patchouli and Satori will reveal another new system to gauge our individual strengths and mana supplies. We will also agree on forming our new team, though we'll probably fight over the team name.

Then day 2 ends, day 3 begins.

Any other questions?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »
I guess this means we'll just have to find a reason to leave the mansion then... I'll finish my bits with Kojiro soon, I hope, and then we'll have to get Zei's group down there with us.

mad

« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
Jalal will travel there along with the others in the shrine. My plans involve him getting back to the shrine before 2:00 AM Day 3
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2009, 08:10:10 PM »
Uhh...I seriously didn't see this coming.
Well, it's my problem because I started it all. That's why I'm going to be ballin' with my Zetor.

I find digital 12-hour clocks confusing as hell so I type always on military time.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
Day 2 Timeline Archived:

http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/?page_id=29

Well, Actually I'm asking that is there someone who is also interesting on doing the archiving and stats(XD), if there are he/she/it can PM me and I'll provide a Editor Account so you can archive the posts into static pages.

since I have a glossary to doXD

And,yes, profiles on the Internet may lie, XD
The black texts is just a illusion created by Amarillo.

Team Name?

PrimaTech? Pinhearst? Earth Federation Army?(Not to mention that Amarillo was fight alongside with it.) Team Icarus?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:34:05 PM by nemoma »

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »
Before I post my Team's actions, did Team FUBAR run away w/ the Yakuza group giving chase?

If so I'll probably post my Team intercepting them...or something.

mad

« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2009, 08:35:01 PM »

Well, I as far as I can tell, this is how the seed of Thirtyfour's tanks grew.

First, he made his tank.

Second, escapees find the Roberts class battletank.

Third, they begin attacking Thirtyfour in an attempt to hijack his tank.

Fourth, McWallace hummed the Pirates of the Caribbean. Frank raises the Jolly Robert.

Fifth, Etch-E-Sketch told me that if we're going to have Pirates of the Caribbean tank-style, there must be that port scene, where the Dauntless gets taken.

Sixth, General Qwai is born to facillitate said scene. He quickly takes a life of his own and gains many tanks and mobile artillery. He becomes the theater commander of this town.

Seventh, Ria is born to ply the Wastes as a Pirate.

Future: I foresee that with the capture of the Dauntless, Qwai will gain more authorization as Council 42 reassess the threat in the Region.

Ria must make sure that the Sky Ray is not spotted by Qwai's forces or the land cruiser Suzaku will be deployed.

The land cruiser Shinigami will be deployed to counter the threat of the Dauntless. Also, as the threat level increases, air strikes will become available to RAI, allowing Thirtyfour's dream to become completely true, down to the model of helicopter that kills him, though it is more likely to be an F-22 or A-10.

The mafia will react to the increased presence of the tank pirates of the wastes and the military. They will become divided over what position they should take among the new factions of the pirates, the Gensokyo, and the RAI. They may even split or align themselve with one of the factions, for free.

Gensokyo will have to deal with sniper squads and the RAI working together. They also have to make sure that don't seem enough of a threat that Council 42 decides to cut their losses and give Qwai the authority to make this small town into a parking lot, complete with street lamps and hobo.

Mansion resident may face more raids.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:55:22 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »
Day 2 Timeline Archived:

http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/?page_id=29

Well, Actually I'm asking that is there someone who is also interesting on doing the archiving and stats(XD), if there are he/she/it can PM me and I'll provide a Editor Account so you can archive the posts into static pages.

since I have a glossary to doXD

And,yes, profiles on the Internet may lie, XD
The black texts is just a illusion created by Amarillo.

Team Name?

PrimaTech? Pinhearst? Earth Federation Army?(Not to mention that Amarillo was fight alongside with it.) Team Icarus?

Sorry, I'd help but I'm a little busy in real life at the moment. I'm stealing time to participate at the moment XD.

*exploded with laughter at the team names, especially team icarus, thanks to Futakoi Alternative*

Before I post my Team's actions, did Team FUBAR run away w/ the Yakuza group giving chase?

If so I'll probably post my Team intercepting them...or something.

I'm writing up a post now. Alex is beating up a few in the park. team FUBAR is holing up in the deparment store. The yakuza know we're inside and have requested reinforcements. They're going to siege the department store.

Hirowaza and Taihou are in there with team FUBAR as well.

« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
Got my little bit done; I'll probably be off for a while... But don't wait up if you have places to go; the Library group can sustain itself for a bit. I'll be back!

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »
Tank goodne

In my opinion tank is more game-breaking than material artists and ESPers (Humans).

Well, so SCIENCE RULES!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2009, 09:08:29 PM »
nah its fine i can work off that. its all creamy like gravy baby  8)
 i just hope Xan posts soon so we can get Youmu to him >.<
Anyway i'll make a post and finally transfer Patchy and Koakuma to you.

mad

« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2009, 09:39:09 PM »
In my opinion tank is more game-breaking than material artists and ESPers (Humans).

Well, so SCIENCE RULES!

Well, I thought the Gensokyo faction's goals were simply to get home. The way it is set up, it seems that they were not meant for a direct conflict, and thus must make use of stealth and diplomacy. Stealth so that Qwai does not bring down the hammer and diplomacy so that other factions can screen them from the worst of it.

The yakuza could be a valuable resource, but their hold on town is being challenged by the newly arrived pirates of the wastes.

The pirates have no special interest in Gensokyo for the time being as far as I can tell. They have no reason to align themselves with Gensokyo, unless Gensokyo proves valuable against the military.

Edt: Oh yes, Junes. Will they enter the television. Etch-E-Sketch told me of his desire to have the pirates raid the electronics department, taking the television the party entered through.

I have no idea how Yagi will treat his orders, but the hierarchy states that he must complete them. He may break if he feels that he is being denied his long awaited duel, probably if Qwai shells the town.

He seems a bit more honorable than his profile "will use every available tactic" would suggest.

Mitaka, I think, will feel both relieved and even more useless if Gensokyo gets a hold of portable mana generators.

I think that the pirate buggies will break the Yakuza siege in an attempt to loot the store. The yakuza are a city fighting force, not suited to the armored warfare of the pirates and Qwai.

I do not know why Koji even fears anything in this world, his power level, taing into account the seal, is enough to pop the world like a soap bubble.

The military will respond to all disturbances, so keep a look out. A siege by the Yakuza will warrant a scout team.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:51:03 PM by Madness Chaser »

« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2009, 09:41:58 PM »
Alex just went though hell to save lily from a Yakuza guy who shot lily black and both almost died if it wasn't for alex Transfering Lily black injury to himself and Alex's youkai bloodline powers saving his ass but he's gonna need time to full heal from it.

expect more humor from Alex's party until alex recovers has it will shift to Lily Black Daiyousei and the 3 fairys helping each other to help nurse Alex back to fighting form.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
Well, I thought the Gensokyo faction's goals were simply to get home. The way it is set up, it seems that they were not meant for a direct conflict, and thus must make use of stealth and diplomacy. Stealth so that Qwai does not bring down the hammer and diplomacy so that other factions can screen them from the worst of it.

The yakuza could be a valuable resource, but their hold on town is being challenged by the newly arrived pirates of the wastes.

The pirates have no special interest in Gensokyo for the time being as far as I can tell. They have no reason to align themselves with Gensokyo, unless Gensokyo proves valuable against the military.

Edt: Oh yes, Junes. Will they enter the television. Etch-E-Sketch told me of his desire to have the pirates raid the electronics department, taking the television the party entered through.

I have no idea how Yagi will treat his orders, but the hierarchy states that he must complete them. He may break if he feels that he is being denied his long awaited duel, probably if Qwai shells the town.

He seems a bit more honorable than his profile "will use every available tactic" would suggest.

Mitaka, I think, will feel both relieved and even more useless if Gensokyo gets a hold of portable mana generators.

I think that the pirate buggies will break the Yakuza siege in an attempt to loot the store. The yakuza are a city fighting force, not suited to the armored warfare of the pirates and Qwai.

I do not know why Koji even fears anything in this world, his power level, taing into account the seal, is enough to pop the world like a soap bubble.

The military will respond to all disturbances, so keep a look out. A siege by the Yakuza will warrant a scout team.

We're taking it a little too far ^^;; Pirates? XD Oh well, we can work that in somehow. Yeah, they can walk in on the fight and we can sneak out while the pirates keep them preoccupied.

Sorry, a lot of people posted while I was writing up my post so I haven't read up on them. Will read now and check for discrepancies.

Can you please link up some of the pirates with touhou characters? Otherwise, their point in the plot is sort of, well, moot...XD

Anyhow, brawl's started, feel free to join.

Alex just went though hell to save lily from a Yakuza guy who shot lily black and both almost died if it wasn't for alex Transfering Lily black injury to himself and Alex's youkai bloodline powers saving his ass but he's gonna need time to full heal from it.

expect more humor from Alex's party until alex recovers has it will shift to Lily Black Daiyousei and the 3 fairys helping each other to help nurse Alex back to fighting form.

Hmm, I was hoping you'd be able to help us out a bit more (to keep the team together) but that's fine too. Just make sure you can make it to Amarillo's store in the evening. That gunshot was pretty bad.

With that many dead bodies, I somehow doubt the town and the police could overlook it....even if it was the yakuza...hmmm....

...can we somehow blame the pirates for it?

And please post your timeline, Alex. I'm still missing yours.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
Hmm, I was hoping you'd be able to help us out a bit more (to keep the team together) but that's fine too. Just make sure you can make it to Amarillo's store in the evening. That gunshot was pretty bad.

Remember Mana Spring have No Effect in Healing others BUT youseis/fairies/Nature Deities.

I should post the detailed Mana Spring information, Primatech style, on my archive site XD