Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91095 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »
Wait so do I have to write my own dream before MTG can dive in it ? Or ? I am slightly confused now because after MTG, everybody seems to have posted this dreaming thing.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »
However, the dream of Amarillo didn't quite suit her, notice she is only 14.

Well, I'll get this plot hole patched really soon, just you wait. and Actually this out-of-character dream had helped me constructing the story for now.

And I'll continue to do the Archive

UPDATE:
All main story content up to now has been archived.

Start to Archive The Path of Chosen ---> DONE

Character Details will be Archived after thatshortly.

I mentioned in the dream that Mitaka found you out of character for some reason. Satori explained that in dreams people sometimes act or behave differently, sometimes because their inner selves come to the surface, or sometimes just because dreams are random like that.

PS: Thanks for the archiving. Though I might mention that we're moving most of the things here to the new RPG forum I'm setting around the end of May and I'm hoping most, if not all of you could come join us there. In case you missed the thread in the previous forum, the new forum will be a forum dedicated to all manner of Touhou text roleplaying games (not just this RPG, off course). Thus the whole 'too many threads' thing would resolve itself quite soon, I think.

Wait so do I have to write my own dream before MTG can dive in it ? Or ? I am slightly confused now because after MTG, everybody seems to have posted this dreaming thing.

No, no, the dream isn't obligatory. Use it as a plot device whenever  you feel there's a serious underlying problem that you can't discuss openly. Diving allows you to delve deep into your partner's subconscious, find out issues that may be in the way of your relationship developing, and solve them (or use the information you get in the dream to solve it in real life).

When you're 'diving' in a dream or actively, you'll be a part of the dream itself. Mitaka was removed from everything because those were his memories of his dream, i.e. he wasn't dreaming, he was delving into the memories of the dream from the previous night.

Mitaka's memory flashback takes place at around 9.10 AM in the morning of day 2. Now they plan on chasing down Alice. Jeremy might come along as well. Once we find Alice in the park and rescue her, we will find ourselves surrounded as we exit the bathroom. And lo and behold, it's the local yakuza, who were just tipped off that the Saniwa shrine is reopening and they want us to pay security. As who tipped them off, there really is only one person who may benefit from seeing the Saniwa shrine fall - Amakawa.

Anyhow, team DRILL and team FUBAR find themselves surrounded. Most of the other teams (bar the ones who went off to Kojiro's mansion, the ones fighting the tank(?), Amarillo (who is unconscious atm) and Taihou (I think)) should be nearby in the department store and can join us if need be. Team FUBAR will learn through this battle that they don't need powers or magic to fight, that they can rely on teamwork and wits to get them through.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2009, 07:58:24 AM »
Ooh, I thought Mitaka and Satori were simply curious in all peoples dreams because you covered alot of the people and also mentioned that everybody was sleeping close together in the beginning.

I am currently at my work =P so I cannot write a story. And I think i'll skip the dream thing. I rather keep everybodies internal thoughts a secret and slowly bit by bit reveal it to the surface. I still have to visit Karasuwa town which never has been done.

Also I plan to develop Taihou not trough training but simply expirience. Else it will become like those "train to powerup" anime/manga such as *barf* Naruto *barf*  and Bleach. Not my style.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2009, 08:02:59 AM »
Well, since I'm so hellbent on Team <insert random mahjong hands here> trying to find other signs of life, it would only make sense for them to run off to a department store, no?

Well, I honestly don't know, I don't have much material anyway >_>

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2009, 08:09:48 AM »
Well, since I'm so hellbent on Team <insert random mahjong hands here> trying to find other signs of life, it would only make sense for them to run off to a department store, no?

Well, I honestly don't know, I don't have much material anyway >_>

We can challenge the yakuza to a game of mahjong?

I had this thought where the inn needed a lot of money for something. We come across a mahjong tourney and sign you up without you knowing. And you somehow end up playing against the Yakuza we beat up. Queue froth-at-the-mouth tension as Meira proves just how intimidating she can be as a bodyguard.

Oh, and Rabbit made a post! *goes off to read*

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2009, 08:27:10 AM »
We can challenge the yakuza to a game of mahjong?

I had this thought where the inn needed a lot of money for something. We come across a mahjong tourney and sign you up without you knowing. And you somehow end up playing against the Yakuza we beat up. Queue froth-at-the-mouth tension as Meira proves just how intimidating she can be as a bodyguard.

Oh, and Rabbit made a post! *goes off to read*

Sure, that's fine by me~ Well, I will post in a bit lah. xD

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »
Mahjong
Team name
Team Akagi/Akagiron/Nose
There was something here once. Wonder what...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »
Team Akagi/Akagiron/Nose

Team Akasaki <3~

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2009, 08:41:48 AM »
Team Dai-Yakuman TSUMO ? TranceHime (Yoh Hirozawa)
Meira

Something like that?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2009, 08:48:11 AM »
Hmm, yeah, that is sort of the raw idea xD

It is kinda really long though... I say Team Akasaki, just because, but~

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »
Hmm, yeah, that is sort of the raw idea xD

It is kinda really long though... I say Team Akasaki, just because, but~

You're free to suggest your own team name, off course. Will edit Kojiro's and the others later as requested.

Btw, two character requests are at odds with each other. Xan and Kojiros have both laid claim to Youmu. Etch-a-Sketch and Cleartailcat have both laid claim to Momiji. Please discuss this amongst yourselves. If no agreement can be reached, it'll be a first-come-first-serve decision. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:31:10 AM by Mind-The-Gap »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »
Btw, two character requests are at odds with each other. Xan and Kojiros have both laid claim to Youmu.

Yeah after i took Youmu when we left Gensokyo i posted if Xan wanted her still. o,o or any other character for that matter since you said we should take chars related to our main. Since he has Yuyuko it just make sense in that logic. If he wants her still and still wants to do this RP we can "meet up" in the story and I'll transfer the link to him that way. If so i'll have to think of another person to be Remilia's rival for his attention. Youmu only sees him as her sensei but Koji praises her alot thus making Remi jealous. I was gonna go with that and develop them both (plus i like Youmu, she uses a sword :p)
Well i'll think of something if he wants her in his party. I got 5 people i can break with 1 or 2 hahah
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:39:57 PM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

mad

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »
Something relevant, I think - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOxopQSVWs&feature=PlayList&p=7F3AEC2DA1B1EF23&index=18

prequel to that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eFEXpIacyI&feature=related

Also somewhat relevant - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8PctS1nnk&feature=related

Is that the kind of firepower Remilia and Flandre will be using? I could see that happening as they are linked to someone with an effective power lever that's quite literally over nine thousand, even with the seal. That means that the tank regiments I had in mind would not be too much.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2009, 04:12:56 PM »
tank regiments
Cool, then I'll be renting a tractor.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2009, 04:22:37 PM »

Is that the kind of firepower Remilia and Flandre will be using? I could see that happening as they are linked to someone with an effective power lever that's quite literally over nine thousand, even with the seal. That means that the tank regiments I had in mind would not be too much.

Not yet, no. It'll be a long while before they get to that stage.

Though I have no idea what sort of strength Remilia has right now as a result of Koji's contract.

Anyhow, slight change of plans. Jeremy did say he wanted to intercept Alice AND go find Maribel. The yakuza brawl takes place at 9.18 in the park. Renko and Sanasan leaves for Maribel's place at 11.30. Will he finish his fight in time to catch the train and join Sanasan? (I don't know why but that sounded like one of those cliffhanger ending rhetorical questions, one so lame it sounded funny).

By the way, Rabbit, Owlbear, mind if I borrow Ben and Shinjiro for the following post? And Rabbit, ok if I move Ben's arrival ahead by one week so he would be present for the action? They will encounter Jeremy and Sanasan's groups while searching Maribel's apartment.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »
Tweak the archive site a little so it's easy to browse through the large portion of pages and stuff:

http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/

I'm currently researching a best way to archive the story as fast as possible.

It turns out both this story and Wordpress are AWESOME

And I'll archive the character profiles shortly since I solved the problem in browsing and ordering. (Without a tweak it's hard to arrange 30 or more pages  :'()

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2009, 04:48:57 PM »
Not yet, no. It'll be a long while before they get to that stage.
Though I have no idea what sort of strength Remilia has right now as a result of Koji's contract.

hey MTG? There is one thing i never understood fully about Ar Tonelico and that was Synchronization rate. mostly in the first game with that graph that went up and down in the status menu? and has the percentage next to it? i never understood that and seeing how Mitaka saw his synchro rates i was curious as to how to gauge it appropriately for my chars too. Thing you can explain that for me?
As it stands Koji has a friendly relation with everyone in his group with Remilia being the highest and youmu after her. however its still pretty low at the moment. so it'll be a while before they get their powers back.

Remilia has spiritually grown on her part. She comes to grips that she loves the human who has protected her and supported her. Thus is why her vampiric features returned but she still has no power, and the Sun still doesn't affect her yet. The only thing she got is her physical features. Koji however hasnt' grown a bit yet. I still have the next scene in place FOR him to grow a bit. but i want to understand that one bit before i do much else haha. Plus i kinda put Gpop to sleep so if he wants to post a new dream or something he can. Since he's sstillat my home i don't want to be too far ahead of him haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Gpop

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2009, 04:50:50 PM »
Actually, I got a totally new dream coming up. Here we go!

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »
hey MTG? There is one thing i never understood fully about Ar Tonelico and that was Synchronization rate. mostly in the first game with that graph that went up and down in the status menu? and has the percentage next to it? i never understood that and seeing how Mitaka saw his synchro rates i was curious as to how to gauge it appropriately for my chars too. Thing you can explain that for me?

In Ar Tonelico, the sync rate determines how fast your reyvateils can charge up their spells and how effective they would be (I think that was it, not so sure now, been a while).

For the time being, RPG-wise, the sync ratio only determines how much you and your partners have opened up to each other, soul-wise. This depends on trust, openness, and understanding between your characters. It affects how efficient the contract would be in sharing mana as a link between souls is required to transfer mana. It also affects how much mana is conserved in the transfer and how much is lost due to interference and such.

Your own mana level is a different matter altogether and I'll introduce another plot device later at Amarillo's meeting where Satori convenes with Patchouli to create a new standard for judging strength and mana (the 'cat level' standard). This too will become available to the players alongside their sync ratio.

For sync ratios, as Satori said, 100% denotes complete merging of souls into 1. Best friends are around 10%. Average married couples are around 20%. Twins are around 30%, which is where you start to think, speak, and act alike. 40% probably denotes a psychic link of some sort. Satori probably manages 40% when she reads minds.

In addition, syncs give you an added edge in battle. 30% sync would allow you to act and react together as a team, linking up your attacks and defenses together to create one smooth unbroken combo that would besiege your opponent relentlessly and leave them little chance to counter.

SPOILER = 40%-50% would allow combination attacks such as Marisa and Alice's combined MALICE Magicannon attack, with the attack power increasing with increased sync. 80-100% sync would allow you to utilize the technique Amarillo described where you combine with your partner. (if you've seen Elementar Gerad, it'll be something like that).

Something like that.

mad

« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2009, 05:28:33 PM »
@nemoma

Some of my dream was cut out of the archive, mainly Eirin being accused of murder.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:44:22 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »
Sweet. Yeah i remember what Satori said about the %s in terms of us and i took note of it. I just didn't get it game wise when i was playint Ar Tonelico. i just knew the higher it was the better XD
Shurelia would go from 70% to 0 if you took off her Linkage outfit. it sucked XD.

Edit:  Alright Xan is gonna be taking youmu from me soon *sniff* so I'll soon edit my profile to take her out. This is gonna change my plans but its totally cool i can still work with everything no problem ^^

I might pick up Rumia somehow as a replacement and train her/get spiritually close enough to make her an EX Rumia with the real power for darkness haha. i dunno

Oh and does anyone want Patchy or Koakuma? i still kinda want to change some things around. They aren't really my faves really but i can keep em if need be. I'm pretty dam flexible with ideas nonetheless. hehe.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:47:47 PM by Kojiro »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2009, 07:02:47 PM »
@nemoma

Some of my dream was cut out of the archive, mainly Eirin being accused of murder.

All the thing I did is copy and paste so I'm really sorry about the overlook, I'll found the missing piece and archive it with the next group of the archive contents.
Just to make sure is it in the 1st part in here: http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/?page_id=83

Or you can register and post that part, when you register you have the right to post anything on it. And I will move the post into archives XD

The newest posts can be found here,http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/?cat=7
It can be accessed from below the menu, and there is a Current Content Dropbox.

Oh and does anyone want Patchy or Koakuma? i still kinda want to change some things around. They aren't really my faves really but i can keep em if need be. I'm pretty dam flexible with ideas nonetheless. hehe.

If it's in Gensokyo I'll take patchy since she have a spell card that will restore one's energy.

But as we are out of there, I'll think twice before that ::)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:16:23 PM by nemoma »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »
I might pick up Rumia somehow as a replacement and train her/get spiritually close enough to make her an EX Rumia with the real power for darkness haha. i dunno

Thanks Kojiro. You da man. Somehow Youmu fits better with team Ghostbuster. Did you PM Xan?

Regarding Patchy, she would complement team FUBAR nicely, being part of the Marisa 'circle', but there's no chance of that happening, especially with Mitaka the way he is. Only a serious, serious emergency could get something like that to happen...and it would drive team FUBAR to death's door, if not beyond. So maybe not team FUBAR.

@Nemoma, saw the work, well done. I approve. Though, as I said before, we'll be out from under the mods feet around end of May.

There's a yakuza battle going on now. Get to it if you can! We're going to battle in the department store for now. Yay for the hardware department!

Meanwhile, Sanasan and Jeremy have a chase! Remember, this is 3 weeks before the RAI Force people made their contracts, thus Shinjiro, Mig, and Ben don't yet have partners.

Drake

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2009, 08:00:20 PM »
Agh. I've been reading this, and it's kind of hard to follow, probably because of the fifty different writers writing stuff at the same time. There are random weak points and random strengths, and I can't quite tell if I like it or not. I probably would have joined with Sanae lest Gpop relinquish her, but I doubt I'd be able to go through the whole story anyways because I'm an incompetent douche like that.

Going to keep reading.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2009, 08:10:20 PM »
Done all the character's archive (Sorted according to the Alphabet)

Thus the archive job has been finished!(for now) Hooray!! (\^o^/)

Well, actually I'm using the chance to test out how Wordpress manages large amount of text in order to archive my stories, and it's turned out that it's [rainbow]AWESOME[/rainbow]

Well, I'll continue doing the archiving since it's better to have another source.

TO MTG: Thanks for the Approval. ;D

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2009, 08:22:04 PM »
Agh. I've been reading this, and it's kind of hard to follow, probably because of the fifty different writers writing stuff at the same time. There are random weak points and random strengths, and I can't quite tell if I like it or not. I probably would have joined with Sanae lest Gpop relinquish her, but I doubt I'd be able to go through the whole story anyways because I'm an incompetent douche like that.

Going to keep reading.

This, mostly because I've been running an RP for about a year now, and participating in online RPs for about a year before that. I'd like to join here, but it doesn't seem too accessible to new starters, what with Gensokyo being inaccessible already... Although I could either take up the offer for Patchu or intentionally handicap myself with a Nameless Fairy team or something. I'll have to keep looking around for a bit, I guess.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »

Going to keep reading.
haha well where did you leave off? the last thing your character did/see/heard?

Thanks Kojiro. You da man. Somehow Youmu fits better with team Ghostbuster. Did you PM Xan?

Regarding Patchy, she would complement team FUBAR nicely, being part of the Marisa 'circle', but there's no chance of that happening, especially with Mitaka the way he is. Only a serious, serious emergency could get something like that to happen...and it would drive team FUBAR to death's door, if not beyond. So maybe not team FUBAR.

In name of course she fits better but i wanted her for good reasons too >.<. I PM'ed Xan and next chance we get we're gonna try to "meet up" in the story to transfer Youmu so she can be with her mistress. 

As for Patchy. Lol
I'll keep her if i have to. I've no problems with it. I can work with any setting i get but i was wondering if someone else wanted her since she's not extremely high on my bonding list. I only took her cause you suggested keeping chars related to your main. but i still really kinda/sorta didn't want to ahhah.
I could make Koakuma a rival for Remilia. She is a succubus afterall (it isn't hinted what kinda demon she truly is so i'm going with that since its popular).
Well i'll think of something like i said but the only agenda on my team's to do list is to transfer Youmu at the moment but I'm gonna wait for Gpop to pass me in terms of time. I woke up from my name at 5pm *took a 4-5 hour nap* and he woke up from his dream at about 1pm so i'll wait a bit first.

This, mostly because I've been running an RP for about a year now, and participating in online RPs for about a year before that. I'd like to join here, but it doesn't seem too accessible to new starters, what with Gensokyo being inaccessible already... Although I could either take up the offer for Patchu or intentionally handicap myself with a Nameless Fairy team or something. I'll have to keep looking around for a bit, I guess.

Oh don't worry at all just find a place to start and enter the story there. Just pick a partner or a few and try to find others who you can meet up with. You can do to the tourist helper place, saniwa shrine or the opposite mansion for starters, just find a place and start there hehe its not so hard.

Edit: oh and if you want Patchy then stop by me. Just make up something like "i managed to salvage a large chunk of your library" or something I'm sure she and Koakuma would follow haha. (if you want Koakuma too that's fine as well)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:30:44 PM by Kojiro »

Gpop

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2009, 08:32:11 PM »

Going to keep reading.

Oh hey I'll give her to you if you'd like. I haven't been able to put her closely to my character.

You can manage to get in at any time you like.

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2009, 08:41:23 PM »
By the way, Rabbit, Owlbear, mind if I borrow Ben and Shinjiro for the following post? And Rabbit, ok if I move Ben's arrival ahead by one week so he would be present for the action? They will encounter Jeremy and Sanasan's groups while searching Maribel's apartment.

I don't mind.  You're the GM after all, just let me know exactly where it leaves me in the grand scheme of things with references to the relevant threads so that I know exactly what's going on.  I'm still quite lost.  I only just got the presence of mind to check the thread labelled DISCUSSION hurp derp
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.