Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91109 times)

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #930 on: May 14, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »
Oh god I hope not, but then I really think they would be busy with other characters at that point in time, either way, I wasn't originally thinking that my character would make it to the end of the entire story, I was thinking of a heroic sacrifice/beating a high ranking bad guy going out in a blaze of glory. But then I'll wait for things to unfold to come up with the final results.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #931 on: May 14, 2009, 10:22:35 PM »
@Pedonymous

Team Lunatic will only engage if Team Ahoge attacks Teams Pirate and/or Shakin. Resolve it peacefully and Lunatic does not attack. Even if Lunatic attacks, there will be no mind-destroying or body-bolting. Unless, of course, you seriously injure Kaguya. In which case, Arreku's life ends on Day 5.

Yes, not Day 4. Day 5. The execution will be long and painful. Bolting Ahoge to to ground happened when Eirin was being merciful. Hurt Kaguya and see what happens when Eirin is not merciful.

I count those electrical discharges as attacks. Same with kicks, punches, lunges...you get the idea.

@Heliopolis

He told himself that it would be a bad idea. Even if his idea for the soup happened, it would use up the soup's mana, not any of the player's.

@Anthony

Pray it isn't Team Lunatic that gets to you first.

Edit: Also, snaps at those complaining of cold? Wait until the air around you condenses from the cold. That would be an irony I find funny. Also, being used to cold mean that napalm will hurt juuuust a bit more.
Eheheh, remember, Ahoge attacks out of self defence. They don't feel threatened, and Arreku's too busy with Kaigomi to care wether there's weapons pointed at him or not.

However, Eirin's sensitivity about Kaguya... A bit of Meido-style fake flirtation might be a good device for lulz... >8D

mad

« Reply #932 on: May 14, 2009, 10:23:51 PM »
@Anthony

The only two high-ranking bad guy I see you defeating at this point happens to be a pacifist of sorts and a General who isn't cut out for personal combat.

The only other high-ranking bad guys are masters in their respective combat arts.

I think that covers all high-ranking baddies in town so far.

Well, it's the beginning. I hope to see some awesome growth from you. Remember, when you sacrifice your life, you are also sacrificing Letty and Genji.

@Pedonymous

Etch had Arreku and Kaigomi shout out that they weren't copulating.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:25:51 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #933 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
I see, gotta remember that, also at Madness, the whole snaping at people who complain about the cold is due to my character's body temp making it feel about 50 Degrees hotter for him, so if it's 0 F, it's like 50 F for him, and if it hit's max aka 80 F, it's like 130F for him, so basically, the only way cold would cause him to complain is that it starts turning him into an icicle, and thats only for the beginning, since this story is still some what in the begining, my character still has a bit of time to develop, plus I've let a few hints of soon power up's for my character.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:34:01 PM by Anthony »

mad

« Reply #934 on: May 14, 2009, 10:47:32 PM »
Dude, You'd be an icicle long before the air around you condenses due to cold. Humans need special devices to get air that cold. Can he withstand being naked in Antartica at night? I'm pretty sure that would turn him into an icicle. The air does not condense at that temperature. You'd need to get even colder. Some gasses need to get down to 2 digits Kelvin. That is at least 281 degrees Farenheit below 0.

I see your point, though. This means he's much more vulnerable to fire than I thought.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #935 on: May 14, 2009, 10:49:17 PM »
Etch had Arreku and Kaigomi shout out that they weren't copulating.
That doesn't mean they still won't be fighting...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #936 on: May 14, 2009, 11:08:03 PM »
Dude, You'd be an icicle long before the air around you condenses due to cold. Humans need special devices to get air that cold. Can he withstand being naked in Antartica at night? I'm pretty sure that would turn him into an icicle. The air does not condense at that temperature. You'd need to get even colder. Some gasses need to get down to 2 digits Kelvin. That is at least 281 degrees Farenheit below 0.

I see your point, though. This means he's much more vulnerable to fire than I thought.

Yea, basically you're right, and the fire things is going to be a main point as a weakness, and for something I was planning for later.
Note: I'm somewhat basing the heat weakness and cold resistance on myself in real life, but then taking it to the extreme, in a way.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #937 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
Yea, basically you're right, and the fire things is going to be a main point as a weakness, and for something I was planning for later.
Note: I'm somewhat basing the heat weakness and cold resistance on myself in real life, but then taking it to the extreme, in a way.
You seem to be basing him quite a bit on yourself (not that that's a bad thing.)

I happened to base Arreku on myself as well, albeit in a much more unusual way (most self-inserts tend to be badass...)

mad

« Reply #938 on: May 14, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »
Umm...That wasn't Eirin right?

I said they set up the ambush.

I suppose I could work around it. The only reason Jalal isn't mentioned is because he's hiding in wait. I'm preparing a response.

Edit: Also, It would take much much more than that to fluster Eirin. She could keep a straight face even if everyone around her started an orgy. ...she'd probably join.

Edit2: Actually, looking again, you could have described Austin's current body. Etch tells me that situation would fluster him/her.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:28:28 PM by Madness Chaser »

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #939 on: May 14, 2009, 11:29:10 PM »
Umm...That wasn't Eirin right?

I said they set up the ambush.

I suppose I could work around it. The only reason Jalal isn't mentioned is because he's hiding in wait. I'm preparing a response.

Edit: Also, It would take much much more than that to fluster Eirin. She could keep a straight face even if everyone around her started an orgy. ...she'd probably join.

Edit2: Actually, looking again, you could have described Austin's current body. Etch tells me that situation would fluster him/her.
BRB EDITING

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #940 on: May 14, 2009, 11:55:52 PM »
Done with response.

Now, Pedo. What's your answer to this one?

Edit: Um, it was actually ok before dood. Memory hack can only occur in the Dream Realm. I changed it.

mad

« Reply #941 on: May 14, 2009, 11:58:47 PM »
Actually, Those story posts could coexist.

The only difference now is that Team Ahoge is wet.

Edit: Oh yeah, memory hacking...Etch said he's limiting that to...above.

Edit2:

@slowpoke

Yuugi's taken for now. You either want to stage some awesome raid on a really high-level magician or choose someone else for a partner.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:14:28 AM by Madness Chaser »

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #942 on: May 15, 2009, 12:13:56 AM »
Actually, Those story posts could coexist.

The only difference now is that Team Ahoge is wet.

Edit: Oh yeah, memory hacking...Etch said he's limiting that to...above.
Oh poo.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #943 on: May 15, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »
Now, for the guns.

Marx's guns run off her mana, and considering how that in her current state she has a small amount of mana, she cannot use them.

Ria was supposed to be a gun-mad person, being able to use all kinds of them. This includes silenced weapons. If this is still unacceptable, she is decent at close quarters.

Gun-mad can be played with even if they can't get ahold of actual guns. If she's particularly bad about it, going into withdrawal could be entertaining.

Also worth noting (in classic asshole fashion!) is that characters are more than their combat capabilities, especially in a relatively low-action game. Even if she can't play with guns, there's a lot more to play with with her.

On a tangential note, I haven't been following closely, but why would Kaguya be a gun nut, too...? Or did I just get a bad taste in my mouth from that one post with the random SMG?

And for people compaining about too many characters ( I'm not pointing fingers, as there are too many people to point at.) Caboose and Frank will be leaving by the start of Day 5, so just bear with it for a bit longer.

Also in asshole fashion, good. I haven't seen much of what they added to the story.

I know, I just didn't think it was particularily fair when he was snuffed out like that... Especially considering that no other character had been stabbed with arrows, stripped naked in front of a crowd of people, and bolted to the floor.

I will agree that this was rather overreactive asshole move, however.

Either way, Team Lunatic is going to try it. The others might not be so hardcore and alleviate Arreku's situation.

This. I seriously doubt that most of the Gensokyo crew would be willing to stab someone through the... wherever with seriously-damaging metal bolts instead of just tying him up when they have him outnumbered something like ten to one and surrounded. Hell, even numbers and gentle anger could be intimidating enough.

NOTICE: I will be travelling from 10 AM to 7 PM tomorrow, and will be heavily, heavily distracted after that. In fact, I should have never started on this, due to having to finish an incomplete course from a semester ago! Hopefully I can actually do it rather than wallowing in guilt now that I'm trying to actually think about it. And then, there's a convention next weekend that I'll be completely caught up in (anyone else going to be at Anime North?). I'll be traveling back the following Monday with a similar timeframe.

Effectively, this means that I will be completely unavailable for basically tomorrow, extremely sparse until next weekend, and completely unavailable next weekend, until Monday night at minimum.

To be honest, stalling until next weekend is starting to sound like a better and better idea...
There was something here once. Wonder what...

mad

« Reply #944 on: May 15, 2009, 12:31:53 AM »
I wish you good luck with your endeavors.

I thought there were others with your authority in here.

Yes, I understood that the others would have trouble bolting Team Ahoge to the ground, but Jalal and Eirin would see no problem. Those two are familiar with the concept of an area effect attack(not to say that the others aren't mind you) and would take no risks, even if that meant...that stuff. If that line had been continued, I expected serious WTFing from other teams. A few might even get sick. Some might faint. Some might start yelling about how this was going too far. Especially after a few turns of the bolts.

A nation does not get called an empire by being nice. Also, I already mentioned that there was a rebellion in its history.

Anyways, now we have Team Ahoge in a room, owing a usage fee(or whatever they call the fee to stay in an inn, hehe), near Team Lunatic still in the mindset that would lead to such actions in the room(except the narrator's intercession on Team Ahoge's behalf prevents said actions), and giving off the impression of having had a wild round of sex.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #945 on: May 15, 2009, 12:36:15 AM »

Yes, I understood that the others would have trouble bolting Team Ahoge to the ground, but Jalal and Eirin would see no problem. Those two are familiar with the concept of an area effect attack(not to say that the others aren't mind you) and would take no risks, even if that meant...that stuff. If that line had been continued, I expected serious WTFing from other teams. A few might even get sick. Some might faint. Some might start yelling about how this was going too far. Especially after a few turns of the bolts.

A nation does not get called an empire by being nice. Also, I already mentioned that there was a rebellion in its history.

Anyways, now we have Team Ahoge in a room, owing a usage fee(or whatever they call the fee to stay in an inn, hehe), near Team Lunatic still in the mindset that would lead to such actions in the room(except the narrator's intercession on Team Ahoge's behalf prevents said actions), and giving off the impression of having had a wild round of sex.
This is delicious.

I'm having fun now...

It's your turn! (Be nice.)

Gpop

« Reply #946 on: May 15, 2009, 12:44:29 AM »
Alright heading back. I still have that plate from the fairies still in the fridge, so I can allow myself to turn female anytime I want.

Well anyways, while I let everything unravel, I guess I'll start filling in the huge hole between Day 3 and Day 4 that I made.

mad

« Reply #947 on: May 15, 2009, 02:04:40 AM »
Entertaining, but that seems more of "alright you paid your rent" as opposed to "you proved your case that you didn't copulate."

The medical examination will still continue, unless Team Ahoge abandons that position.

I really have no idea why they threw Arreku into the pond. I mean...If Jalal came up with the idea, I would understand because he's insane, but Eirin? Maybe because she's stoned right now.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #948 on: May 15, 2009, 02:10:49 AM »
Entertaining, but that seems more of "alright you paid your rent" as opposed to "you proved your case that you didn't copulate."

The medical examination will still continue, unless Team Ahoge abandons that position.

I really have no idea why they threw Arreku into the pond. I mean...If Jalal came up with the idea, I would understand because he's insane, but Eirin? Maybe because she's stoned right now.
It was Kaigomi's idea, she knew he had charged a gigantic ammount of electricity, so it would have to be discharged. A decade of experience with him makes for some unorthidox solutions.

About the experiment... There's subtleties of both "pay the rent" and "prove you didn't smex".

HURRY UP AND GET WRITING!

mad

« Reply #949 on: May 15, 2009, 02:22:13 AM »
I have finished my response.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #950 on: May 15, 2009, 02:32:59 AM »
I have finished my response.
Uhhhhhhhh...

I'm stumped.

I`ll just leave this to you.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #951 on: May 15, 2009, 02:34:02 AM »
Dear Pedo:

Patience is a virtue.

Further assholery,

Fatmus

* E-mouse heads to bed.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #952 on: May 15, 2009, 02:36:36 AM »
Dear Pedo:

Patience is a virtue.

Further assholery,

Fatmus

* E-mouse heads to bed.
Yup, I'm being... patient...

o-o

mad

« Reply #953 on: May 15, 2009, 02:38:06 AM »
So I can take it that they are speechless from being restrained in a bed, naked, and probed.

I'll come up with something...eventually.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #954 on: May 15, 2009, 02:39:55 AM »
So I can take it that they are speechless from being restrained in a bed, naked, and probed.

I'll come up with something...eventually.
I'm... speechless...

mad

« Reply #955 on: May 15, 2009, 03:39:48 AM »
@Pedonymous

Modified story post so that there is a question for you to answer.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #956 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:35 AM »
**Face palms at all the posts above and the ones in story thread**

Pedo, why are you PMing me you wish to fuse with the maid vs maid competition but yet compeletely do something else ahead with Madness. I have no time for this crap right now. I am off to work will probably read from my mobile phone if I have the time.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #957 on: May 15, 2009, 08:57:05 AM »

I have similar authority as E-Mouse, however, I am posting from Hong Kong where my internet access in this hotel is sporadic, I am actually lucky there is no one here right now >_>

I'll see what I can do for now but I cannot promise anything until I return to the Philippines on May 20th, next Wednesday late at night.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #958 on: May 15, 2009, 01:47:46 PM »
**Face palms at all the posts above and the ones in story thread**

Pedo, why are you PMing me you wish to fuse with the maid vs maid competition but yet compeletely do something else ahead with Madness. I have no time for this crap right now. I am off to work will probably read from my mobile phone if I have the time.
Wait... Ehrm...

When will the events be starting?

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #959 on: May 15, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
^That's what I want to know as well, so I can at least know when to post. But, before you two started posting, the RP was, I think, on a bit of a hold. I guess...I dunno, that's what I heard anyway, I was just sitting on the sidelines watching (as per the usual).