Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91144 times)

Gpop

Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #900 on: May 14, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »
@Gpop
10000 cat levels? Remember that in Touhou canon Sakuya only has about 73 cat levels. You can't be 130 times as strong as Sakuya at full strength when you claim to be a normal human being.

Gpop's mana level was supposed to be unique in this sense. But right now he has no power to control such a thing. He can not control the amount of mana he could carry, so it's fluctuating at an alarming rate.

And don't worry. He won't be able to solve it anytime soon. But it'll become very troublesome though, but not atm.

I was thinking of using this "secret passage" related to the RAI force. Of course, I won't fight them alone, and the exit could be located near the graveyard or wherever they all meet up. Or maybe it's a little too soon?

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #901 on: May 14, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
Gpop's mana level was supposed to be unique in this sense. But right now he has no power to control such a thing. He can not control the amount of mana he could carry, so it's fluctuating at an alarming rate.

And don't worry. He won't be able to solve it anytime soon. But it'll become very troublesome though, but not atm.

I was thinking of using this "secret passage" related to the RAI force. Of course, I won't fight them alone, and the exit could be located near the graveyard or wherever they all meet up. Or maybe it's a little too soon?
Uhh, maybe once Arreku's met everyone, he could come and help you... You'll need to stay put for a while, though.

Gpop

« Reply #902 on: May 14, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »
Uhh, maybe once Arreku's met everyone, he could come and help you... You'll need to stay put for a while, though.

I'm thinking of finding the graveyard, but we won't find the RAI force there. But we won't explore it either. We'll finally decide to to go back and tell the others about it (Gpop's selfish like that). But when we go back we might find someone from the RAI force there.

But again, I'm letting the others decide what you want this passage for =/. I don't want any massive plot twists again.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #903 on: May 14, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »
Ok, I finally altered the explosion post. There is no explosion.

also, I altered the time Marx reached Tourist Helpers. Nemoma, you can interact with Marx and Cirno now if you want.

Now, for the guns.

Marx's guns run off her mana, and considering how that in her current state she has a small amount of mana, she cannot use them.

Ria was supposed to be a gun-mad person, being able to use all kinds of them. This includes silenced weapons. If this is still unacceptable, she is decent at close quarters.

And for people compaining about too many characters ( I'm not pointing fingers, as there are too many people to point at.) Caboose and Frank will be leaving by the start of Day 5, so just bear with it for a bit longer.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #904 on: May 14, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »
WROTE A NEW INSTALLMENT DISCUSS DISCUSS DISCUSS

I've set it up so that Arreku and the others have been discovered by the competitors in the shrine, right before they begin (I didn't make any details, because we'll need some serious organizing to properly pull off this arc, DON'T START THE CONTEST.), and set it up for a chase.

REMEMBER, no killing or severe maiming, no lethal rounds (rubber shots and mana rounds are good), and NO GODMODDING.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #905 on: May 14, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »
I was eerily suspicious of why there was no profile approval in THE FIRST FUCKING place.

I decided not to call MTG out on it, though.

I designed Arreku as a sweet, loving and sensitive character, being treated like this from the very beginning is just unacceptable.

The RP does not revolve around you, the actions that are being done would be the natural reaction.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #906 on: May 14, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »
Sorry to say it,

The RP does not revolve around you, the actions that are being done would be the natural reaction.

but I have to agree...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:09:42 PM by E-mouse »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #907 on: May 14, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »
I know, I just didn't think it was particularily fair when he was snuffed out like that... Especially considering that no other character had been stabbed with arrows, stripped naked in front of a crowd of people, and bolted to the floor.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:51:28 PM by Pedonymous »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #908 on: May 14, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
Nobody got stripped naked. You should read more carefully the story post.

Besides I don't get why you let Mokou announce this:
Quote from: Pedonymous
"EVERYONE GET READY, WE'VE GOT INTRUDERS!!"

Why are you trying to move the storyline while we are trying to hold it so people can catch up and discuss a bit what is going on. Or did I missunderstood something here?

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #909 on: May 14, 2009, 03:28:54 PM »
Nobody got stripped naked. You should read more carefully the story post.

Besides I don't get why you let Mokou announce this:
Why are you trying to move the storyline while we are trying to hold it so people can catch up and discuss a bit what is going on. Or did I missunderstood something here?
That's the thing though, nobody's been discussing anything. I'll get rid of the second part, but now that you've got something to say about it, SAY IT! What is it that you want to do!?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #910 on: May 14, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
That's the thing though, nobody's been discussing anything. I'll get rid of the second part, but now that you've got something to say about it, SAY IT! What is it that you want to do!?

Please note this:

~~~~
Starring teams: Fubar, Butler, Dai-Yakuman, Makai, Onii-san, Samurai, Library and Starlight
Red team vs White team!
Red team members: Owlbear(L), Mitaka, Hirowaza, Kojiro along with their girls.
White team members: Jan-san(L), Taihou, Sanasan, Zei along with their girls.

Round 1: (Kojiro vs Zei) Cleaning; laundry, window cleaning and dusting.
Round 2: (Hirowaza vs Jan-san) Massage; each team giving two jury members a full body massage.
Round 3: (Owlbear vs Taihou) Catwalk; presentation and appearance.
Round 4: (Mitaka vs Sanasan) Cooking; three course menu - soupe, main, desert.
Round 5: (Red vs White) Karaoke; Sing it out.

Sakuya then announced the rules: 'The rules are easy: Each two persons along with their girls will be competing. The Jury will be: me, Youmu, Ruukuto and Yumeko. Nobody is allowed to interfear except the competing ones. Cheering and motivating or coaching is allowed. No special powers are allowed such as danmaku, flying, extra strenght or other overpowered. Upon cheating you will be disqualified and lose a point for your team. The team with most points at the end of round 5 wins.'

Everybody nodded and started shaking their arms and shoulders or cracking knuckles, staring towards the oposing forces. This was going to be HEAVEN OR HELL. May the best maid team win!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

-------------------------------------------
Note:
- Please post in order as displayed above. You must automatically grand usage of your characters if this is required.
- Allow both competing sides to post something (half half) decide by pming eachother who makes the "finishing post" for that round.
- Don't forget this is TEAM vs TEAM. Meaning involve your girls aswell, make some healthy competition out of it.
- I tried to make sure people have always a handicap. EXAMPLE: Taihou is not cooking/cleaning/robinhood. This would be lame, unfair and not amusing.
- Try to make your posts amusing, such as total embarassment or clumsy execution.
- I haven't decided yet who will win, but let us pray Mokou doesn't win before we all get abused
- Questions / complaints / disagreements?  --> PM.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #911 on: May 14, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
I'm... aware of that, but no progress has been put toward actually starting the events. Considering that there seems to be a rather long pause between actually getting them started, I had the idea of Ahoge being forced into the games too, after being chased, a good start to merging them with other teams...

What do you think?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #912 on: May 14, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
I'm... aware of that, but no progress has been put toward actually starting the events. Considering that there seems to be a rather long pause between actually getting them started, I had the idea of Ahoge being forced into the games too, after being chased, a good start to merging them with other teams...

What do you think?

It has to be done in order, is the thing. It would be started as soon as Kojiro/Zei make the appropriate post, which they haven't >_>

Anyway, I'm leaving for Hong Kong tomorrow (I have to get up in a little under 6 hours zz) so please PM things to me if you want to take up some stuff with me.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:39:18 PM by TranceHime »

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #913 on: May 14, 2009, 03:46:22 PM »
It has to be done in order, is the thing. It would be started as soon as Kojiro/Zei make the appropriate post, which they haven't >_>
Uh... huh. I wasn't saying it had to be done out of order, but to get Ahoge integrated before they start.

Anyway, I'm leaving for Hong Kong tomorrow (I have to get up in a little under 6 hours zz) so please PM things to me if you want to take up some stuff with me.
G'night.

As a sidenote... Uhhh...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:52:31 PM by Pedonymous »

mad

« Reply #914 on: May 14, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
I see...though he made the mistake of trying to infiltrate the shrine, he does not get the interrogation. Jalal and Eirin really don't care how sweet Arreku is at the moment as they never met him. The stripping and bolting is standard Lunarian procedure. Thus, whatever tortures and whatnot Eirin puts him through is nothing personal. They strip the target of all possible equipment to avoid hidden gadget surprises as best they can. They bolt the target to the floor to restrict movement and the bolts can be tightened if the prisoner needs more convincing to spill his guts.

Either way, Team Lunatic is going to try it. The others might not be so hardcore and alleviate Arreku's situation.

Remember, Eirin is being merciful. If you had let the plot stand for a bit, I would have adjusted it to the Spanish Inquisition a la Monty Python.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #915 on: May 14, 2009, 05:15:33 PM »
Ok Pedo. This should be alright. Continue from the post I made.

( You can convince the teams to watch the competition together, if you want.)

No problems in the story bit, right people?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:18:00 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #916 on: May 14, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »
As a sidenote... Uhhh...

I don't think so. There's a difference between having a few people screwing things up and Open Roleplaying Decay.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

« Reply #917 on: May 14, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #918 on: May 14, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »

ummm friends? this is my third time sayin it but i have frickin finals here ^^; Like MTG. My finals are THIS week and his are next week soooooo.....slack please? ^^;
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #919 on: May 14, 2009, 05:42:46 PM »
Ok, I'm going to trust you... But I want you to write the whole scenario, because if I get involved, I'll mess it up. Remember, I am trusting you. Don't disappoint me!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #920 on: May 14, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »

What do you think?
I don't understand why you as newcomer feel like you are isolated and a complete stranger. You can simply act as if you were always with us. Hence the idea why most people have been catching up from Day 1 story.

I even wrote in the very beginning of my story post on Page 10:
Quote from: Helepolis
Note: I have no idea excactly who is where now due to heavy clustering. Feel free to PM if want to involve too
Basicly only Madness had PMed me but I didn't get a single clue of his post. I don't want weird plotting or story movement. If you want to get involed I will add simply another round to the competitions when two teams fuse.

Quote from: Kojiro
ummm friends? this is my third time sayin it but i have frickin finals here ^^; Like MTG. My finals are THIS week and his are next week soooooo.....slack please? ^^;
In that case I will switch rounds so MTG Kojiro and Trancehime occur after some people which should give some time.

So teams who want to be involved in the competition simply PM me and modify/write your story up to the part where the teams were being divided. I will then modify my story post aswell.
-No need for frikken infiltration
-No need for sudden fights / actions
-No need for secret tunnels or stealth mode or parachutes

Just PM -> Write/modify -> Wait. How hard is that?

@Etch,  Seriously how can you possibly post blatantly a story post about the "noise in the bush" when Pedonymouse crossed out / modified it two hours before you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 06:23:45 PM by Helepolis »

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #921 on: May 14, 2009, 06:59:47 PM »
Crossed out  because that was for people inside the shrine. Etch did a very good job of improvising.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #922 on: May 14, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
It would be also very apreciated if you would read your PM and atleast reply. Assuming you are online for almost an hour when I wrote it.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #923 on: May 14, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »
I haven't caught up yet. Here's my first post for the maid competition. I'll leave the main dish to Sanasan.

Here goes -

Session 4 ? Culinary Expertise

Stereotypical army bootcamp marching song plays in the background?

?All right you maggots, listen up! This here?s no longer pre-k. The kitchen is the woman?s battlefield, it is her pride, her joy, her everything!" Sakuya roared as she walked up and down the ranks of nervous-looking girls in traditional Japanese maid costumes (kimonos with aprons, essentially).

?Here, women are free from oppression! Free to do whatever they choose! Free to cook as they see fit?.? Sakuya said, with a faraway expression. Everyone was following her gaze, trying to see what far off paradise she was envisaging. ?BUT?!? She roared, causing everyone to jump in fear. ??With such freedom and power comes great responsibility! We women fight wars here against fire and salt, against dough and adversity!? She roared, causing everyone to flinch in utter terror. ?If you die here, nobody will come back to retrieve your corpse! Remember that!? She leaned in so close that her face was a mere inch away from Jan, causing her to lean backwards in fear. ?Upon us is that burden of serving the very best culinary delights worthy of the delicate taste buds of our masters, mistresses, and guests!? She screamed in Zei?s face, showering her with spit. ?We must prove ourselves and the pride of our kitchen at every turn as we pursue that every elusive new taste!?

?Wow?that?s intense?? Sanasan murmured. ??gosh, I?m glad I?m not in cooking 101.?

?I sure hope you know what you?re doing.? Renko sighed. ?Cause I don?t.?

?But?.you?re a girl!? Sanasan exclaimed.

?I?m a theoretical physicist first and foremost!? Renko cried. ?Besides, what got it into your head that ALL GIRLS have to be able to cook?!?

??.well?.? Sanasan shrugged. ?Err?.don?t all..err?.girls know how to..err?cook? Isn?t it something that comes with having two X chromosomes? You know, something in your genes? The cook gene. Y?know, that one gene that the Y chromosome lacks??

??.great, the fate of the team rests in our hands and NEITHER OF US CAN COOK?!? Renko cried in exasperation. ?Plus the other team outnumbers us 3 to 1. Don?t we get some sort of handicap?!

They both looked sidelong at team FUBAR?.who, were living up to their namesake very, very nicely. Alice was eyeing a pressure cooker with all the intellectual curiosity of a Neanderthal appraising a pencil. Reimu was glaring at the oven as if daring it to challenge her or explode for that matter. Suika was holding a spatula as if she had never seen one before in her life. And Marisa was experimenting with using her mouth to lift up objects due to the lack of arm functionality?.and perhaps that of her brain too.

Renko and Sanasan?s eyebrows twitched perceptibly. They

As for the team leader?.

?Don?t worry, Sanasan. I?m going to do this blindfolded.? Mikoto said with a friendly grin. Suika and Alice were holding her up by her shoulders. ?Marisa?s not using her arms, Alice is used to leaving her cooking to her dolls, and Reimu?.well?.she?s Reimu.?

?HEY! What?s that supposed to mean?!? Reimu demanded, indignation etched all over her face.

??and Ruukoto?s not here because she?s busy?err?.? She strained her ears for a bit. ?Ah, yes, Ruukoto?s busy keeping Sakuya and Yumeko from murdering the trainees.?

??.I don?t think we need a handicap?? Renko murmured. ?In fact I?m seriously wondering why the fire alarm hasn?t gone off yet??

??.that?s not making me feel any better?.? Sanasan sighed. ?Are you even FIT to be ALIVE, let alone cooking?? She asked Mikoto.

?The rest of the team?s working hard. I?ve got to keep up.? Mikoto said determinedly. ?Plus it?s good training.?

?Training?? Sanasan blinked, but before she could elicit an answer from Mikoto, Yumeko had stepped out onto the battlefield, carrying a meat-cleaver.

?Ready?? Yumeko tossed a watermelon into the air. ?Set!? She raised her meat-cleaver. ?START!? She split the watermelon in two.

The two teams blinked at the battle?s first casualty, the poor watermelon, looked up at Yumeko, gulped, and got to work.

====flashback===

A few hours ago, in room 202?

?Mukyuu?..? Patchouli murmured, her eyebrows furrowed in an expression of deep concentration. ?There really is nothing, I?m afraid.? Patchouli said finally.

?So there really is nothing?? Alice sighed. ?I know Makai mages have nothing for it.?

?I?m blanks toos, ze.? Marisa said.

??I see?? Mikoto bowed her head in disappointment. Magic has always seemed to hi?err..her like something omnipotent, something that will always have an answer to everything?given enough mana. But if even Gensokyo?s most knowledgeable mage was stumped?

?But that doesn?t mean there WON?T be something.? Patchouli said. ?Magic isn?t a static field. There?s always room for development and as they say, necessity is the mother of invention.?

?How do we do that?? Mikoto asked, suddenly enthusiastic once more.

?How am I supposed to know?? Patchouli asked. ?You?ve got two passable mages and a miko on your team, I?m sure they?ll be able to scrounge up SOMETHING. Contracts and mana sharing are something rather poorly understood as we mages have never really bothered with it. You may find something to take advantage of there.?

?Now, if you?ll excuse me, I have a massage contest to go to?? She said, as if dreading the coming of some evil entity out to rob her soul. And with that she left.

?Hmm?so how do we use our contracts to our advantage?? Mikoto asked.

?Fufufu?I have the perfect plan?? Marisa began. ?We?.psst psst psst? She whispered. Everyone bent into listen, nodding fervently.

??.you?re seriously going to do that?? Reimu asked, her eyebrows twitching.

?Hey, any port in a storms ze.? Marisa said.

??.Can I switch teams, please?? Alice asked.

??.I wanna do it! I wanna do it!? Suika leapt up and down.

?Umm?err?? Ruukoto looked around at her team mates worriedly. ??please?be careful?? She finally managed.

?All right!? Marisa grinned. ?That?s what we?ll do then. Team FUBAR, MOVE OUT!?

======Back to the present===

Unfitting music plays - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HGQS5XSoJ4

?And they?re off!? Aya shouted from her commentator box. ?First up is the soup. That should be easy, right? What does the head-maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion think??

?The soup is more complex than you think.? Sakuya began, steepling her fingers in front of her face. ?It initiates the gourmet on his journey of culinary exploration. It has to be enticing to his tongue, a prologue, a preview if you will, of the grandeur that is the main dish. The soup must be delicately appetizing in its own right but it musn?t spoil the main dish. It has to be planned well and coordinated with the main dish. A perfect balance of flavour and texture, that?s the key. And?.?

?Oooh?.!? Aya cried. ?Team Starlight seem to be planning it out all right. They?ve even got a blueprint out.?

Indeed, team Starlight seemed to be seriously appraising a blueprint hanging above their counter. It was either plans for a really interesting take on French Potage or an ion flux drive to send humans to Jupiter. They pointed things out to each other, argued, scribbled new annotations, took out calculators, punched out equations, wrote them down, argued more, before finally nodding and shaking each other?s hands over the blueprints.

??.It seems they?ve reached some sort of conclusion.? Aya said. ?As for team FUBAR?.?

?Zzzzzzzzzz?.daze? Marisa snored atop her counter, her eyes hidden underneath a wooly nightcap.

?It seems Marisa is sleeping?.? Aya said, her eyes twitching.

?Idiot black white! How can we sleep too if you?re snoring that loudly!? Alice shouted, throwing a frying pan at Marisa.

?DAZEEEE!? Marisa yelped.

?So much for diving. I knew that wasn?t going to help?? Mikoto muttered, shaking Suika awake from where she was lying comfortably in the oven. ?Oy, Rei?? He looked around and found Reimu curled up in a futon under the counter?.

?WAKE UP!?

?That should have been obvious. Diving only works when you?re ASLEEP! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO COOK?!? Alice shouted in Marisa?s face.

?Then it?s time for plan B!? Marisa declared. ?Battle stations, everyone!?

??.back to team Starlight?? Aya said, a little weary. ??.they seem to be?err?I don?t know, what are they doing??

Renko was using a compass to measure the diameter of a potato. Sanasan was taking notes carefully. She then raised into the light, turned it around so that it caught the light at different angles, before giving it a quick lick and smacking her lips appreciatively. Then she placed it in what looked like a make-shift mass spectrometer made out of an empty can, aluminum foil, and a dismantled microwave. Sparks and ungodly light filled the room for a moment. Then, seemingly satisfied that the potato had fulfilled whatever insane criteria she had cooked up, she placed it in a box marked ?qualified?. Next to it was a box marked ?Rejected? which now contained a tomato, an egg, a piece of celery, a leg of pork, a turkey, an elephant?s foot, a boar, and an upset-looking Minoriko Aki who was sniffling quietly with her back against the rejected boar.

??..aha?.ahaha?.ahahaha?.? Aya?s eyebrows were twitching dangerously now. ?Ummm?.I?m no master cook, but I have a feeling they?re doing something wrong??

?I see, that?s the Haversian method?? Yumeko?s eyes flashed.

?Whu?WHA?!? Aya blinked.

?Yes, yes, truly impressive.? Sakuya nodded. ?It?s an unorthodox method of cooking that had long been disputed, a brainchild of East Anglian Monks who perfected the method of quantitative cuisine management.?

??ok?.? Aya blinked. ?Back to team FUBAR?.err?.what on earth???

?Minds eye?.minds eye?.minds eye?.? Mikoto chanted over and over again as she groped across the counter.

?Open your third eye, see the light. C?mon baby, I?m on the set. Do the impossible, see the invisible, raw raw fight da POWAH!? Marisa rapped.

?Do you think this is working?? Alice asked, banging a wooden spoon against her pan, too frustrated to care. ??seriously, echo-location??

?It?s fun!? Suika laughed, rhythmically beating her saucepan with a hammer.

?Yes! This must be the pepper!? Mikoto declared, having found a tube of laxative.

?Oh wow, we must be beating the saucepan wrong?? Alice said. ?If we beat it like this?? She increased the tempo of her beating.

?Ah, and this is the salt!? Mikoto announced, holding up a bottle of cyanide.

??.we?re doing something wrong.? Alice sighed in defeat.

??.are they?cooking?? Aya asked, her hand grasping her desk for stability.

?I see, this is the long-lost Hoki-Doki style of cooking.? Sakuya said, appreciatively.

?WHAT?! IT?S A STYLE?!? Aya blinked.

?It was a cooking style adopted to complement blind-fighting. Hoki-Doki monks would go deep into dark caves to train blind-fighting, but they would continue their training while cooking as well. One of the highlights of this style is the complete avoidance of fire use to maintain darkness. The lack of heat created the need to compensate through flavour, creating a cold yet flavour-rich delicacy through a masterful synergy between martial arts technique and culinary prowess.? Yumeko explained in one breath.

?Ok?..and team Starlight is?.do I dare look?? Aya looked around?and immediately regretted it. She had to shield her eyes for fear of going blind.

Sanasan and Renko had donned welding masks and were applying doing *something* with a welding torch and a sledgehammer. Sanasan repeatedly beat something on an anvil with the sledgehammer while Renko applied the welding torch to it with all the finesse of a hippo attempting ballerina on a tightrope.

??.I?m lost.? Aya groaned against her desk.

?This is?.? Sakuya began.

?DON?T TELL ME THIS IS ANOTHER COOKING STYLE!? Aya snapped.

??.This is ironworking.? Sakuya finally decided, sweat droplets of apprehension on her forehead. ?Such technique. Such finesse??

?Indeed. Indeed.? Yumeko nodded appreciatively with all the air of someone utterly lost but is too much an authority to admit it. ??the hammer?and the anvil thing?and?err?.?

?Back to team FUBAR?.? Aya said weakly. ??.what?s going on there??

?Ten times clockwise, three times anti-clockwise?.? Alice chanted as she stirred the cauldron that team FUBAR has somehow managed to place atop the stove.

?Reimu Reimu?.? Suika murmured. ?That tomato is groaning.?

?Shhh?.? Mikoto whispered. ?I think sentience has evolved in there.?

?Will you shut up and pass me the sake?? Reimu demanded.

?But you don?t add the sake until?? Mikoto began.

?Just?.? Reimu grabbed it out of Mikoto?s hands. ??gimme.? She tossed a generous helping into the pan over the groaning tomato, causing it to scream a pitiful little scream of pain and agony.

??you killed it?? Suika said sadly.

?Well, it was going to dies anyways daze.? Marisa said. ?The cheese would have killed it at some point. I mean, look, it?s started to go to war with the celery.? She pointed out. ?I think the sake started it.?

?Looks like my onions have decided to remain neutral.? Alice observed. ??though it seems to be cannibalizing the remains of that tomato?.?

?Will you people shut up and let me concentrate on the soup?? Reimu asked, her voice shaking dangerously.

??..I?m?.giving up?.I can?t comment?? Aya moaned, looking around at team Starlight in a last ditch attempt at some semblance of sanity.

???.twice clockwise, three times anti-clockwise?.? Renko said, stirring something in a metal dish. ??and then spin at 300 RPMs?.? She added, turning on a centrifuge machine and emptying the contents of the dish into it. ?

?That sounds right.? Sanasan nodded with approval. ?And then we rapid-freeze it with liquid nitrogen.?

??.? Aya was squirming against her desk, unable to find words to describe the fiasco before her.

Finally?.

?And so we have the results for the soup!? Aya declared, her face twitching dangerously. ?Now for the taste testing!?

The audience took a gigantic step back...

?Team FUBAR will now present their creation to the judges.? Aya said as team FUBAR stepped up with a huge cauldron(?) of creamy mushroom soup(?).

There was palpable tension in the air?which was probably the noxious fumes from team FUBAR?s cauldron. There was a demilitarized zone around the cauldron that even oxygen and water vapour had decided to avoid.

?Cream of mushroom soup.? Alice said, flatly, gesturing at the cauldron. ?Who wants to go first??

Yumeko looked around at Sakuya?.who looked around at Youmu?.who looked around at Ruukoto?.

?err?umm?me?? Ruukoto asked, uncertainly.

?As good a warm body as anyone?s.? Alice nodded. ?Ladle?? She asked. Suika heaved a heavy-duty pholtic-resin ladle into Alice?s hand.

She dipped it into the cauldron carefully, eliciting a hiss and a huge puff of steam from the soup?s surface. The surface cracked under the ladle?s assault, allowing something that resembled soup?.and probably molten lava, out.

She carefully lifted a ladle-full over Ruukoto?s bowl. A small bead of soup gathered under the ladle and threatened to drip?

?the audience leapt for cover behind every available cover including the rejected boar and elephant?s foot.

?and it dripped onto Ruukoto?s bowl?.

?.rather harmlessly?

?causing everyone in the room to feel rather silly.

Alice casually let the rest of the ladle?s contents spill into the soup bowl before placing it reverentially in front of Ruukoto. ?Enjoy.? She said, with relish.

Ruukoto looked up at Alice, then looked around at her fellow judges who had abandoned her to her fate, around at her team who looked expectant and hopeful?

?she gulped?

?drum roll?

« Reply #924 on: May 14, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »
Just for the hell of it, can we have a Danmaku battle between the dish- OW

Ignore him. He's just being an idiot.

But... Danmaku between soup and another dish...

NO

Curse you, common sense..

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #925 on: May 14, 2009, 07:57:48 PM »
Again I repeat cause obviously you don't read: The idea of this event is to stall or slowdown progress to reflect, think, and filter/fix/modify.

And Danmaku powers couldn't be used since the collapse of Hakurei border. Trying to use it will kill your girl and you.

Gpop

« Reply #926 on: May 14, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »
Meh, I want to barge in the middle of your "competition", and go all WTF at everyone, then laugh at all females, especially Mitaka.

But that's after I venture through the passages.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #927 on: May 14, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
Oh god, this is gold. I wonder what other antics will take place?

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #928 on: May 14, 2009, 08:27:56 PM »
Ok, I got my character more set up for the current weapon restrictions, so I can get this to work, and I'm changing my character's objectives.

Day 5 starting at 5:00 AM
-Anthony's objectives 
       -(from 5:00 AM to 7:00AM) Try to finish current car project (this is gonna fail anyways to move Anthony towards the plot
       -(7:00 AM to 9:30AM) Head out into the forest to search for parts (this is gonna take a few hours like 2-3 hours)
       -(9:30 AM to 10:30 AM)Get's the idea of going to the Saniwa Shrine after remembering that he found the mysterious charm there, and heads there.
       -(10:45 AM to 11:00 AM) Once finding the shrine, notices that the Shrine is filled with people now, and then tries to head back to his cabin (due to the cough Anthony has, he gets discovered and captured by the group at the shrine, Anthony is thought of as an enemy due to his mana level, which is due to it being locked in his body)
       -(11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)Try to convience the main group that he is not an enemy, and go through any trial to prove so
       -(1:30 PM to 2:30 PM) Then join the group, and make links with Letty and Genjii.

Edit: also, this cooking part looks rather interesting.
Edit2: added times for the plan, decided to do it for day 5 since day 4 is already half way over from the looks of it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:29:48 PM by Anthony »

mad

« Reply #929 on: May 14, 2009, 10:12:50 PM »
@Pedonymous

Team Lunatic will only engage if Team Ahoge attacks Teams Pirate and/or Shakin. Resolve it peacefully and Lunatic does not attack. Even if Lunatic attacks, there will be no mind-destroying or body-bolting. Unless, of course, you seriously injure Kaguya. In which case, Arreku's life ends on Day 5.

Yes, not Day 4. Day 5. The execution will be long and painful. Bolting Ahoge to the ground happened when Eirin was being merciful. Hurt Kaguya and see what happens when Eirin is not merciful.

I count those electrical discharges as attacks. Same with kicks, punches, lunges...you get the idea.

@Heliopolis

He told himself that it would be a bad idea. Even if his idea for the soup happened, it would use up the soup's mana, not any of the player's.

@Anthony

Pray it isn't Team Lunatic that gets to you first.

Edit: Also, snaps at those complaining of cold? Wait until the air around you condenses from the cold. That would be an irony I find funny. Also, being used to cold mean that napalm will hurt juuuust a bit more.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:25:26 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.