Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91114 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #750 on: May 10, 2009, 10:08:59 AM »
I don't mind interacting with the players more often. Hirowaza/Meira and Taihou + co already formed some band with eachother ever since Tourist's helpers.

I decided I will delay my character plot development so that is no problem for me. Even I seperated Sakuya from her Mistress I was eventually planning to make team butler fuse back slowly with Koji, Zei and Gpop. But I don't see a possible route right now.

Though I still heavy object against the fact Taihou has been turned in a female. I am not going to play him like that. I am fine with everything else but not this.

Now I am off for the rest of the day for Mother's day. Will read on my mobilephone or later on the discussion.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:11:31 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #751 on: May 10, 2009, 10:17:34 AM »
Oh yes, I know what like everybody feels here. It's that kind of day in RP when random number GM decides to strand you into an artillery torn building, wounded and bleeding, while your hoped medical attention coming via a hovercraft gets fucked up by a Hind, and those reinforcements you called with radio are shot by flak, and when the GM sends that Hind to kill you. And your Stinger decides to misfire. Twice.

I can deal with this kind of bullshitting because I've already seen it much in RPs. GMs are tards like that, even if it wasn't caused by MTG. And it wasn't a shitty RP I was in.

Rather sensitive subect indeed, which just proves that most of here haven't been RPing for long enough to feel the wrath of GMs pulling out unfunny or retarded stunts.

but thank god it's temporary, I'm not saying here that just because I'm used to a typical GM I would want to be a wiminz for rest of the RP.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:52:22 AM by T34G3 »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #752 on: May 10, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »
I think the problem here is peopel haven't been RPing enough to be able to stand things happening to their pwecious widdle characters that they don't want happening to them.

Well, technically speaking, this is a "bunny bullshit." This is NOTHING like the kind of asshattery that Thirtyfour's referring to, this is a different case.

Well, the only solution is to make deliberate, forced concessions.

I, personally, will embrace this opportunity with open arms.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #753 on: May 10, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »
didn't exaggerate

the only one being an asshat in the RP was I, so the GM decided to be an asshat too
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:51:24 PM by T34G3 »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #754 on: May 10, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
didn't exaggerate

This isn't about exaggeration, your case is just being an asshole.

I fail to see how MTG is pulling off bullshit especially when he can easily devise a way to counter-act what he's introducing. :3

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #755 on: May 10, 2009, 01:12:31 PM »
This is my impression of the reactions to MTG's genderbend post:

it's just a game, lighten the fuck up

Wow! Uh, I actually agree for some reason. Besides, ONE of those pills in Eirin's possesion has to be the way back.

« Reply #756 on: May 10, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »
Besides, ONE of those pills in Eirin's possesion has to be the way back.

PEELZ HERE

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #757 on: May 10, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
it's just a game, lighten the fuck up

seconded

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #758 on: May 10, 2009, 02:08:51 PM »
I so far haven't been dissapointed in MTG's choice of events, I hardly doubt he can be called an asshole. He dismanteled the Sky FailRay ship in a rather original way and inmediately throw us back at the shrine with a nice underground mystery to explore.

I am going to throw this entire keyevent into 'Mokou bashes Taihou and the rest'-storyline. Because Mokou is a bitch. So her true nature will be revealed here. I wouldn't be suprised if E-mouse will start rampaging with Yukari molesting the (fe)males.

I'll write my post tonight, right now I am way too busy.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #759 on: May 10, 2009, 05:00:16 PM »
Yikes, every time I hear derogatory words I feel one of Reimu's needles pierce my heart, even if they weren't exactly directed at me....though considering it was my post that caused all the cussing and negative sentiments to start flying around.... ^^;;;;

As I said, exceptions granted. You get to stay male and laugh at those who turned female. Just make sure you don't eat the breakfast served for whatever reason. The food's been spiked by the three mischievous fairies.

But as some people pointed out, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Really, give the idea a chance. You don't have to take things too seriously ^^

Btw, Helepolis, let me know if you need to me to edit out Taihou's transformation in that last post.

Right, my final exams are rapidly approaching (one week's time) so I may be posting a little less for a while. I might relay plot suggestions to the other GMs/Co-GMs (currently Trance, Xan, and E-mouse) but otherwise they'll decide things amongst themselves....I hope... (sorry that I didn't give an earlier heads-up, though I did say early last week that I'll be quite busy ^^;;). Off course, you're also free to discuss ideas for potential plots amongst yourselves. Post here or go to the chatroom.

Let's see, plans for day 4 - maid training for all partners. Day 5 - shrine maiden training for all partners. Plenty of opportunities for random antics. Thus later they'll be able to alternate between the two roles as required.

Plus a few random events for day 4....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:03:40 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #760 on: May 10, 2009, 06:10:45 PM »
Well my original post of images was taken down so i moved them here instead haha

Hopefully a visual representation would help motivate or something? Enjoy guys ^_^ hehe.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #761 on: May 10, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:11:09 PM by Helepolis »

Gpop

« Reply #762 on: May 10, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
Looks like I found a secret passage. Where it will take us will have to wait. I just wanted to get over with this part, but as you can see, I'll have to finish up my day 3 with fillers.

Maybe it could be related to the RAI Force? I'm open for ideas here while I do some fillers.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #763 on: May 10, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »
If it comes down to people trying to beat up Eirin, McWallace will come down on them. Hard. Eirin is a lunarian that was not trained in a Earthling's Western style medicine. That means she never took the Hippocratic oath. You see what kind of a fight it will be. Also, I already mentioned tentacle pills. Tentacles plus magical girls...

McWallace and Eirin are ready and waiting for your assault.
Being outnumbered 10 to 1 is a nontrivial disadvantage. But yeah, we'll see how this pans out.

Now to try and finish my catchup flashbacks...

EDIT: Etch, Marx and Cirno are not getting into the shrine, let alone the Covenant underground, without being detected. First, the alarm system activated from a deliveryman. An unannounced fairy and her mana battery would be at least as unusual. Second, if Marx is male, anyone that sees him is going to notice very quickly that he's unfamiliar and worth interrogating. Even if he's (apparently) a renegade and essentially on our side.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:57:50 PM by E-mouse »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #764 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:19 PM »
Uh, In the Profile, Marx is just the nick name the real name is Marylin Dyrnara, a female character.

While she is renegade, I have plans for her to join at a later time.

As for the alarm system not going off, she excels at stealth. She would not be detected.

Anyway's I'll have some people follow her. Just a sec

Edit: Ok, done.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:07:59 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

mad

« Reply #765 on: May 11, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »
When I said "Ready and Waiting," I meant entrenched position.

Eirin is in Team Lunatic's room(492) preparing more drugs to try out on Mitaka. She is wearing Lunarian power armor with a tiny mana generator in it. It has psychic connection hooked up to machine dartguns loaded with a powerful sedative. This sedative is a one shot knockout drug for anything Less powerful than a greater youkai. Then it is as many shots at it takes. While one dart will knock out a human in one shot, one hundred more shots will have no further effect. (Indeed a miracle of Lunarian medicine)

Jalal has a different suit of power armor. It transforms as the user does. This suit also allows the tentacles he grows to in turn grow sharp blades when and where they are needed. With Eirin able to sew someback up with casual effort, he has no qualms about lopping off limbs. After all, The injury isn't going to be permanent. He is helping Eirin out. When I said he's coming down hard, I meant hard.

The hallway leading to them has movement sensors, heat sensors, magic sensors, cameras, and those dart guns. The room is a suite at the end with a hallway. Eirin's lab is thought to take up the entire fourth floor, but she is only using that one suite at the moment. That said, One would have to ingore the do not disturb sign and a locked door to enter the hallway. The locked door has a video phone.

This is to make the battlefield a bit more favorable for team Lunatic when the charge happens.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #766 on: May 11, 2009, 05:24:48 AM »
TEAM MERGE REQUEST:

Etch, if you don't mind, I request a team merge of Marx's team and team TOURIST.

You can stay at Tourist Helpers and Amarillo will pick you up.(During the afternoon or evening of day 4.)

(Why is the above statement looks like a mission briefing or something...)

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Gpop

« Reply #767 on: May 11, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
It seems that Ramus and Pedo signed up. I wonder what they'll do...

Also, I guess I'll go and start with the rest of Day 3. This will include:

-Merlin wakes up.
-Merlin explains situation with her sisters
-Merlin officially befriends Gpop
-Buy stuff from the village/Rinnosuke
-Learn some magic with Jan and Patchy
-Go back to ruins and Merlin and Gpop find themselves alone with Komeiji sisters are somewhere else.
-They sleep.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #768 on: May 11, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
Puyoh, it's Arreku again!

Arreku for the time being is quite disconnected from the rest of the story (seems to be the only OOTB character at the moment...), so don't start directly using him. Both him and Kisume are clueless about what's going on, all they know is that they get weak when they are seperated enough.

However, a cameo or two will be good for the time being until I can get him integrated with the rest of you.

« Reply #769 on: May 11, 2009, 05:12:48 PM »
TEAM MERGE REQUEST:

Etch, if you don't mind, I request a team merge of Marx's team and team TOURIST.

You can stay at Tourist Helpers and Amarillo will pick you up.(During the afternoon or evening of day 4.)

evening I suppose, but elaborate on Team Merge.

Does Marx's Team get absorbed or do they simply hang around?

In other words, can I still contro Marx and Cirno?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:35:52 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

mad

« Reply #770 on: May 11, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »

I tried to be detailed in case someone decided to attack my team while I wasn't looking.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #771 on: May 11, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
Ramus, Pedonymous, welcome aboard and have fun.

Let's see....general housekeeping for today...

update charater list - done
update team list - done

I would like to remind everyone that we have a chatroom - http://www.tinychat.com/d5na

I'm there occasionally. So are a number of other players. Do visit. It's a good place to discuss future plans, plots, or just chat and get to know your fellow players in general.

No, no, it just means you're going to be going out together as a big group. I did say that you have to be in at least groups of 2 or 3 teams at all times.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #772 on: May 11, 2009, 07:44:46 PM »
Catching up on events; I have a good idea about what I need to do and where Jan should end up, but it may take a whole for me to post. Sorry about not giving anyone a heads up about my absence this weekend. Long story short, I went to an anime conventions and I thought I'd have internet access when I didn't.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #773 on: May 11, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »
Once I'm done my latest entry, feel free to do what you please with Arreku, meaning you can do what you can recruit him into your team, have a brawl with him, ect. Just be sure to abuse him as much as possible (in this way, or that way... Experimentation is a must.)

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #774 on: May 11, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »
MTG i just thought of something....It would be hilarious if someone partnered up with Kikuri XD hahaha

SPEAKING of that......she's from Gensokyo.......so is she mana dependent on something or someone? haha.  I dunno if you thought about that or had somethin in mind but just curious is all hehe.
Though i doubt we should know that information of course hehe.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #775 on: May 11, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »
Same thing I am wonder Kojiro/Kajira. But I prefer MTG keeps this a secret untill we actually bump into her during major event. He should let us speculate in the meanwhile. Afterall, this is a discussion thread no? >=)

Speculation:
Yes Kikiru seems to be a true mysterious lady. Perhaps she abuses spiritualforce from all RAI soldiers like draining them each day to death to keep herself alive. I just hope they don't have "mana regenator" because that would be overrated and lame =P. I also doubt she has a partner. So far she seems to be operating solo. Unless she corrupts people to work under her, that would be like being her "partner."

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:33:59 PM by Helepolis »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #776 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
Two possibilities on the Kikuri mana requirements thing:

1. As implied in my Hakurei Shrine post, she might be possessing the actual girl that she's hanging off of. This could very well include mana drainage.
2. She is sort of siphoning off absurd amounts of mana from the springs she's taking over. How she reached that point is a better question.

And Etch, I really hope that's your last character, since it's getting really absurd. Do Frank and Caboose have anyone? I haven't been following closely. Or are they just side characters for Austin or something? In which case I'm curious as to their purpose or importance.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #777 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:44 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:10:40 PM by Helepolis »

mad

« Reply #778 on: May 11, 2009, 11:00:45 PM »
If it goes to maids, I expect this transformation for Jalal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpPeY5PSpXE complete with sound.

I'm okay with you taking him for the task. Though if you do use him, would you rather I tell him that there is not going to be an assault on Eirin or you deal with that?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:41:17 PM by Madness Chaser »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #779 on: May 11, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »

In other words, can I still contro Marx and Cirno?

You can still control Marx and Cirno
However, the Mana acquirement of Marx will lower a little because of Amarillo's Ability, which is good for you.

Break anything that stands between you and them!