Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 90725 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2009, 06:50:02 AM »
Ah yes that would be indeed handy. I keep forgetting the time zone but adding the characters who are involved indeed makes it easier for reference. I'll go edit my post then.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2009, 06:58:34 AM »
Due to the 8hrs cool down period of Amarillo's route, I have pre-written all the events in Tourist Helpers from 3pm to 5pm, they will get back from the grocery store at 5pm and a plot twist will be generated when they are in the grocery store or in Midnight of Day 2 depend on the story's development.

About the Satsuki Rin part, she will not directly interfere this story since it will be considered GODMODDING(Sorry about that) with her ability to resurrect any being and copy any other's abilities. Just know old Jason was Satsuki Rin in disguise is OK Enough, which leads to the conclusion that the tourist shop now belongs to Amarillo.

I'll call it a day, though.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Gpop

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
Hey Gpop? is Merlin and Sanae with you right now? When you visited us? i wanted to be sure haha. I dont' think i've seen them much lately so i was curious.

Sanae's just with herself somewhere. She's not directly connected to me. I also stated that she can live without the mana since she came from the Outside World as well. She's going to be involved somewhat later (like saving my ass or something).

Merlin is still wherever everyone else is. She's still oblivious that we're in your mansion. She's also with the rest of the Prismrivers.

Also, I agree with your story!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
Sanae's just with herself somewhere. She's not directly connected to me. I also stated that she can live without the mana since she came from the Outside World as well. She's going to be involved somewhat later (like saving my ass or something).

Merlin is still wherever everyone else is. She's still oblivious that we're in your mansion. She's also with the rest of the Prismrivers.

Also, I agree with your story!
Oh yeah that's right! i remember that. She is from this world originally so she....dood you should use to to make links with other characters XD ahhhah
Alright just checking since my last story involved you and your team i wanted to be sure of their whereabouts. I'm glad you liked it.

In fact i'm glad Satori came over since i originally wanted her she stil managed to do what i wanted her to do XD Read hearts. She (and your team now) nows about the complications of Remi's heart and now can help her (and me) develop in our relations ^,^
That's why i wanted Satori at first haha. But its good that you have her since you have Koishi too.

Yeah i think its a good idea to include the Location,Time, and other Team members groups that appear in your story as a little heads up. That would help cut down on the "catching up" time for a lot of us. Of course i still read the ones that don't involve me like Armarillo's and McWallace etc. haha

Edit:
Koishi: see? ^^ maybe I can manipulate their subconscious? be their hidden matchmaker +_+

Gpop: no Koishi dear you can't force people to fall in love now let them be. They both are having problems and i'm sure they'll figure it out themselves and things will fall into place.

Koishi: aww okay darling. I hope so
hmm this sounds familiar XD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:19:32 PM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »
Looks like I'm going to be going SOLO! Technically. For a while, heh.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
Since you all are still in the morning/noon of 2nd day I guess there is no much point at continue writing Amarillo's route, at least for now.

I'll off to build a wordpress blog to host all the previous story contents as the story is getting bigger and bigger.
(Actually I'm using this chance to test if Wordpress can become a publishing portal for my fiction... there is some really handy tool to transform a blog into a beautiful magazine you know.)

Why did this reminds me of some Online MMORPG......
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:42:06 PM by nemoma »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »
Just to note - I'm thinking of intercepting Alice and chasing down Renko (and come along on the train ride). In case things don't progress too fast.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »
Update:

Archive site completed:

http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/?page_id=5

You know how fast a Wordpress Blog could be set up, huh.

Going to class, will archive everything when I come back.

The site (including myself) don't like IE6 so beware.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:56:02 PM by nemoma »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2009, 07:24:42 PM »
The story archive of day 1 has completed

Just the beginning part of the story took about 50000 words......

Wow.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:04:10 PM by Helepolis »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »
About the archive:

Saving the entire into 1 HTML may be easy but it eats up people's bandwidth.

Since I've tried and the result is terrible  :'(

The story of 1st day is about 50000 words long, (I use the word count function when I archived it to my Wordpress System.)

I divided the 1st day into 7 parts and hosted it here.
http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/?page_id=5

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2009, 08:40:01 PM »

Oh I hope my last part in my latest post did not made people go "WTF". Destiny is unpredictable.

nah it made me go "HEY-YO!!! Go Taihou XD hahah.and i thought Mokou was an ass. Maybe its her way of showing you she cares hahh.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
About the archive:

Saving the entire into 1 HTML may be easy but it eats up people's bandwidth.

Since I've tried and the result is terrible  :'(

I don't see a html page eating bandwith because it is not more except text.

Quote from: kojiro
nah it made me go "HEY-YO!!! Go Taihou XD hahah.and i thought Mokou was an ass. Maybe its her way of showing you she cares hahh.
I prefer the element of suprise for my stories. Let us see how sakuya will manage without her mistress.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:08:51 PM by Helepolis »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
NGAH! I forgot to add Taihou to that last post! It completely slipped my mind. Sorry, Helepolis. I'll try to think something up. But if you can think up something for me, that'll be good to. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my last story post.

If I forgot anyone else, let me know. Thanks, and apologies in advance.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
I was just reading it because I F5'ed and forum gave a new post.

So as far as I skimmed it ( clock ticking 23:20 here , have to get early up tommorow ), you have dived into several peoples dreams which is simply do-able and cannot be resisted?

I'll leave the description for you because we the four of us are supose to sleep after the "action."

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
I was just reading it because I F5'ed and forum gave a new post.

So as far as I skimmed it ( clock ticking 23:20 here , have to get early up tommorow ), you have dived into several peoples dreams which is simply do-able and cannot be resisted?

I'll leave the description for you because we the four of us are supose to sleep after the "action."

Nah, it's a memory of last night's dream. More because our contracts are still so sloppy and fragile that everything's spilling over everywhere and also because we all slept so close to each other the night before. It probably won't happen again on that scale. More on a team scale from now on, I think.

...err, does that make sense? My words are failing me at the moment.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »
NGAH! I forgot to add Taihou to that last post! It completely slipped my mind. Sorry, Helepolis. I'll try to think something up. But if you can think up something for me, that'll be good to. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my last story post.

If I forgot anyone else, let me know. Thanks, and apologies in advance.

So it seems that at 9 o'clock everybody had arrived in Tourist Helpers?

if so I can finally patch a "Missing Plot" in my route.

And BTW have you visited my archive site?
http://nemoma.6te.net/OriZone/
If you approve with that please register an account there so I can give you the right to archive contents into "Pages"(Editor Level) instead of only posting "Posts" as of default registered users.(Author Level)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:30:31 PM by nemoma »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2009, 09:33:16 PM »
Nah, it's a memory of last night's dream. More because our contracts are still so sloppy and fragile that everything's spilling over everywhere and also because we all slept so close to each other the night before. It probably won't happen again on that scale. More on a team scale from now on, I think.

...err, does that make sense? My words are failing me at the moment.
It makes sense. So basicly it is the night at Saniwa-shrine after everybody had taken their hotspring bath. Right?

I'll read up the rest tommorow to catch fully up.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2009, 09:38:34 PM »
DIVING!! YES!!!
I wanted to bring it up when the this whole thread started! I love Ar Tonlelico ^_^ and that diving aspect would be PERFECT for this. Just another reason i wanted one of the Komeiji sisters, but then i forgot to bring it up and now you metion it haha I already had plans for the Cosmosphere (subconscious realm) for Remilia and Flandre but i scratched bringing it u psince i didn't know if anyone played Ar Tonelico. it is kinda obscure ._. I'm gonna read your post now and see what happened! This is gonna rock haha

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
Definitely didn't see the dream thing coming.
I think I'll go along with the "guilt" explanation Mind the Gap made up, since I didn't really have any prior plans or ideas.
Also, I'm male. :P

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »
I'm sorry but, what the hell is going on exactly?

mad

« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 09:54:04 PM »
^Everyone dreamed.

That dream explanation Satori gave seems a little off. After all, immortality is a massive concept that would take more time to crack a mind than say, Reisen's mindblow which a) was instant and b) did happen to McWallace at point blank range no less. Such a dream seems to suggest a lower than average sync rate to me.

This dream gives me a new ingredient to this piece. A whole dynamic of Eirin being afraid of getting left behind. Such lonliness must be explored somehow. A deep story seems to be brewing.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:39 PM »
Definitely didn't see the dream thing coming.
I think I'll go along with the "guilt" explanation Mind the Gap made up, since I didn't really have any prior plans or ideas.
Also, I'm male. :P

Oops, missed that XP Will fix now.

And again, as I mentioned, your 'internal conflict' wasn't based on anything at all unlike the others where I had something to go with. Just something I made up. XD I can change it easily if you like. Or you can develop it as you see fit.

I'm sorry but, what the hell is going on exactly?

Essentially, Mitaka was running after a distraught Alice when he bumped into Satori in front of Koji's mansion. Satori decides to take Mitaka deeper into his own memories to show what the entire team was dreaming last night while introducing to him the concept of diving.

By the way, Satori is going to spend the day waylaying people and reminding them of their dream the night before, much like she did to Mitaka. You don't have to go into ALL the details if you don't want to. Just walk away with the knowledge that from now on you can 'dive' to better understand your partners and improve your synchronization.

^Everyone dreamed.

That dream explanation Satori gave seems a little off. After all, immortality is a massive concept that would take more time to crack a mind than say, Reisen's mindblow which a) was instant and b) did happen to McWallace at point blank range no less. Such a dream seems to suggest a lower than average sync rate to me.

This dream gives me a new ingredient to this piece. A whole dynamic of Eirin being afraid of getting left behind. Such lonliness must be explored somehow. A deep story seems to be brewing.

I just mentioned Reisen's mindblow because you had it in your profile and I had little to go with XD. Perhaps it may be a result of a low sync. I don't know. But drinking the hourai elixir alone, dying repeatedly (at the hands of Eirin's meds), may be enough to crack a mind. Yes, I know, fanon seems to suggest that it takes more time than that, but I had nothing else for McWallace XD. Sorry. Feel free to suggest a change if you like.

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2009, 10:38:35 PM »
By the way, Satori is going to spend the day waylaying people and reminding them of their dream the night before, much like she did to Mitaka. You don't have to go into ALL the details if you don't want to. Just walk away with the knowledge that from now on you can 'dive' to better understand your partners and improve your synchronization.
Meh. I'll listen. Probably could learn something new.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
By the way has anyone else played Ar Tonelico? where the idea of Diving comes from? Its my second favorite RPG (for PS2) series so i totally understand the divin and totally approve of it for this thread XD if you choose to do it is up to you of course but i'm already pretty much mapped out ^_^ hahah.
good job MTG i presonally think that your section for my charaacter was spot on. I totally like that depiction ^_^
I'm getting a headache thous so i'm gonna take a nap. Later fellows. I guess my next post will be our first (typed and planned out) dive since remi just went to sleep.

I guess you can't dive if only one of you is asleep hahah if i stay up nothing will happen XD

mad

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2009, 11:20:59 PM »
I always thought the trouble with immortality was boredom and leaving others behind. This scenario is interesting and he has others to stand the test of time. However, I remember that even dreams are not perfect methods of seeing someone's problem. After all, one person can look at the same scene and interpret it differently depending on the time of day.

I'll let this dream stand. McWallace would be intrigued with information he either doesn't remember or never had. He likes seeing other views of a thing. He will stay to hear this. Eirin, though, may be uncomfortable to say the least. After all, this is indicative of a signifigant rift between them, not enough to break a bond at the moment, but signifigant nonetheless. He would want to deal with the rift as soon as possible, probably a serious conversation with Eirin. He'll probably start calcifying his personality if the changes cause him(or me) too much trouble, but he will alway be able to respond directly to the narrator.

Edit: Also, it's not entirely his dream. Eirin could be blaming herself.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:43:18 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gpop

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2009, 11:23:19 PM »
I never played Ar Tonelico, but I think I understood this "diving" thing.

Only question is that if we "dive", how are our bodies on the outside? Are they completely limp or something as others from the outside see it?

Also, the dream MTG gave for me gave me an idea...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2009, 01:47:51 AM »
I never played Ar Tonelico, but I think I understood this "diving" thing.

Only question is that if we "dive", how are our bodies on the outside? Are they completely limp or something as others from the outside see it?

Also, the dream MTG gave for me gave me an idea...

Diving in this RP means you must dream, so I'm fairly sure you're sleeping in the actual world as supposed to the subconscious. Mhm.

Well, I will post soon enough, except I don't have much material to work with other than "hey let's run around and look for people onoz Meira why you look angry"

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2009, 02:22:42 AM »
Diving is a subconscious experience so yeah you'll be asleep the entire time your experiencing each other's subconscious world (called the Cosmosphere so i'm gonna start calling it that from now on....well i'ma start calling it the Submosphere instead as a pun off of Ar Tonelico's haha)

While in the Submosphere you basically relive any issues or concerns the other person has. So for Koishi, I'd imagine in her past she had anti-social issues that caused her to close her eye. Those concerns and experiences you'll relive and you have to help her grow spiritually by encouragements since no one else helped them back then. Thus this will increase your spiritual link

Of course that's how the game went so you can put your own twists or make up concerns for your partner if you want since thsi is a RP haha

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:18 AM »
Well, seems I understand how diving worked, even though I didn't play any games you guy mentioned above.

(However we always have wikipedia.)

However, the dream of Amarillo didn't quite suit her, notice she is only 14.

Well, I'll get this plot hole patched really soon, just you wait. and Actually this out-of-character dream had helped me constructing the story for now.

And I'll continue to do the Archive

UPDATE:
All main story content up to now has been archived.

Start to Archive The Path of Chosen ---> DONE

Character Details will be Archived after thatshortly.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:30:05 AM by nemoma »