Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 90545 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2009, 05:02:00 PM »
Do you really need five threads for this?

Yes, unfortunately. See for yourself. This is the bare minimum we need. A story thread, a discussion thread, a registration/profiles thread, and a summary/status thread. Otherwise we'd clutter the discussion thread beyond recognition. A proper freeform RPG would have at least two more threads.

*shrugs* Please tolerate it until around end of May. I'll move this somewhere else then. Thanks.

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
I know an active forum with 6 subsubforums under a subforum.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
I know an active forum with 6 subsubforums under a subforum.

Game design related?

I did something like that too, and it's only for a translation project..

Break anything that stands between you and them!

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2009, 05:24:43 PM »
Robert-class battle tank, huh...

Somebody in my team is interested in disassembling that.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2009, 05:49:37 PM »
---
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:33:30 PM by Helepolis »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2009, 07:10:14 PM »
I somehow have to agree with Edible here though. Why there are Five threads for this? A discussion thread and story thread would be more than enough?

I am fearing we are going to lose overview very soon (I lost it already). Now I have to read through five threads to start writing my own part. =|

Edit: Ok, it seems like the majory group is at the shrine which has a hot spring aswell ( am I right ? )

I don't know how I got there so I'll write from the part after the SWAT invasion at the previous location following a solo route (because it was wise to split up before) towards the shrine+hotspring to chill. More details in the other thread.

No need to read all five threads ^^;; Just read the story thread, that should be enough to get you going. The summary/status thread is just there for what it says on the cover. And you definitely don't need to check back on the profile thread ALL THE TIME, right?

Anyhow, we've settled down in the new Saniwa shrine. We've been charged with reopening it. For now we're going to get settled in, that's all.

Unless you wish to go off on your own, which is fine too.

Btw, Taihou, I believe you came with us after the abandoned Hakurei Shrine was attacked. You're now at the Saniwa shrine with everyone else.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »

There's 6

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

Everyone, I would like to make a very sincere apology. I realize this issue is my fault and my fault alone for not setting this out at the very beginning of the game. At first I had conceived it as an informal RPG, something casual to pass the time. As I said before, I hadn't organized it as well as I normally organize my usual RPGs. But now that we've come so far, I think it's best that I raise these concerns now before the game is ruined for everyone.

Which is why after the reset I decided to add a proper profile thread which is usually standard practice BEFORE beginning an RPG. Now that I've reviewed a good few of your profiles, I have a few concerns to raise.

I won't point any fingers, not yet anyway. I'm sure you'll be able to review your own profiles by yourselves and see if this applies to you or not.

These are the concerns:
This RPG is freeform. It gives you a lot of freedom of choice and room for character development and I always urge players to take full advantage of that freedom and power. But with great power comes great responsability. Do not abuse it. Do NOT GODMOD. How does one godmod? By empowering oneself out of proportion. By making it such that every battle, every problem, becomes a breeze for yourself, cheating yourself and other players of the great challenge, the sweetness of victory when you snatch it out of the jaws of death.

Remember, we always enjoy hearing stories about underdogs, weaklings, who are oppressed at first and go through many sufferings and hardships, crawling along, climbing, yet falling back down time after time, yet gritting his teeth and climbing once more to finally grasp sweet victory. We love seeing the lowly weakling who was beaten into the ground unfairly in the beginning slowly rise up against all the odds before finally showing it up in the face of the opposition who had kicked his ass in the beginning. Is that not so?

So don't cheat yourself and others. Make your battle a hard one. Make your challenges difficult and interesting. Pile up obstacles and opposition in your own path. Persevere! Endure! Fight against all the odds! It makes the victory at the end so, so much sweeter.

However, when you have the strength of a god, where's the challenge? Where's the sweet victory? You end up the big bully on the playground, toying mercilessly with your enemy. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad, you're still crushing your enemies underfoot like they are ants. Where's the fun in that?

Or things like giving yourself tons of money, wealth, everything else. Have you ever heard the saying, 'bread won through blood and sweat tastes richer than the feasts of kings?'. Earning every cent, bit by bit, building your cottage into a castle, that's where all the fun is. If you spring into existence with an invincible fortress, where's the fun in that?

The fun part about RPGs is the character development element. Your characters can grow, develop, turn into better or worse people as the story goes, as circumstance tamper and twists them around. They go up from humble beginnings to become victors at the end. Isn't that the sort of story we like watching? Don't we enjoy seeing Simon rise up from his hole in the ground up to become the pilot of the mecha that drills into the very Heavens themselves? Don't we enjoy seeing Naruto get beaten into the dirt again and again, only to finally rise and defeat his opponent? Isn't this the sort of story you want to be a part of?

So, I implore you, everyone, please review your characters now. Step back and look at them. Will it be fun playing with these characters? Will it be fun to WIN with these characters? I'm not asking you to lower your strength for others. I'm asking you to do it for yourself, so that your victory, your achievements, your glory, can be so much greater at the end.

I may go so far as to use my own character as an example. I'm not saying I'm an expert at creating characters or roleplaying, but I think my character is somewhat passable. He is an average human, clumsy, rather simple-minded. When he created his contracts, he was so weakened that he almost died. However, he's striving to become better. He wants to overcome his weaknesses. He'd swallow his pride and learn from others if he had to. But he will grow stronger, for his own sake, and for others. It'll be a slippery slope, with many defeats, lots of stumbling along the way, lots of false starts, lose hope and despair again and again, but he will rise out of it a better, stronger man (one hopes)

There are a few other characters that are even better than mine. Well written with great personal challenges. I wont' point them out. But you might know who for yourself if you've been reading so far.

Once again I'd like to reiterate, we're all outsider humans. We may have a few quirks up our sleeves, but we're not Goku from dragonball Z. We're not aliens from planet Saiya with the power to blow up planets.

Thank you. Sorry for the rant, and thank you for reading. Again, this is nobody's fault but my own. I apologize very sincerely.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2009, 09:30:13 PM »
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

Once again I'd like to reiterate, we're all outsider humans. We may have a few quirks up our sleeves, but we're not Goku from dragonball Z. We're not aliens from planet Saiya with the power to blow up planets.

Thank you. Sorry for the rant, and thank you for reading. Again, this is nobody's fault but my own. I apologize very sincerely.

About Character Balance......

Amarillo's every "special move" or "special attack" drain down her energy super fast (even in Gensokyo)so basically all these are one shots. (Multiple shots with super long cool down time = =, and they are not THAT useful.)
She is a 14-year-old girl after all.

Satsuki Rin is a GOD MOD, however her ability are all locked out currently, which I will explain that in the story.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »
Good concerns man but yeah teh out of sync-ness could be hard to make the story follow and fun for anyone. I was wondering if we should throw all the factions in one story thread or something. If anyone can make their own setting then all we need to do is have all the enemies set up or you can set up the enemies since your like the DM (or GM lol). Yeah i'm sure we're aware of the powerful abilities we have but i think its somewhat fitting. The outside world has no magic but has science and technology while Gensokyo is vice versa with lots of magic and little technology. Oh and don't worry about my character I use him everywhere i go, video games, RP'ing everywhere. XD I'm no stronger than a A or B rank Touhou character (if you don't know what i mean by that i can post a pic o,o) All that background stuff is simply that background old history. My abilities are gone and I'm no stronger than Marisa or something. All that old stuff was just that...stuff as far as teh story was concerned. It will be fun and contributing i assure you ^_^
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »
---
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:33:24 PM by Helepolis »

Gpop

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2009, 09:47:02 PM »
I got myself lacking magical powers, but with great physical strength. Of course, this has its limitations.

I'm thinking of leaving the group during the night for a little...fun (no, not that kind of fun. I'm keeping it SFW obviously).

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »
Basically my opinion is that if you GOD MOD a character, you must GOD MOD two of their enemies.

The reason Satsuki got resurrection is simply because the enemy in An Age of Chaos: Touhou Heroes contains Sylar( ;D Killing Machine).

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »
About Character Balance......

Amarillo's every "special move" or "special attack" drain down her energy super fast (even in Gensokyo)so basically all these are one shots. (Multiple shots with super long cool down time = =, and they are not THAT useful.)
She is a 14-year-old girl after all.

Satsuki Rin is a GOD MOD, however her ability are all locked out currently, which I will explain that in the story.

Just so you know, the request was given out to everyone to review their characters, I wasn't referring to anyone specific.

Now, regarding your characters in particular, for now I'll let you decide what is godmodding and what isn't. The issue isn't really character balance. Otherwise I could issue a rule such that each and every power must have a corresponding weakness, i.e. a cool down period.

The issue is, I would like you to reflect, would it be more fun to spring into existence with an arsenal of powerful abilities? Or would it be more fun to develop them slowly, learn them, perfect them? Become a master through a long hard road of apprenticeship? I realize that your character doesn't have all the available lightsaber stances, only a few of them. However, that's still a great advantage. Didn't Luke Skywalker start from absolute nothing, having never touched a lightsaber, and work himself up to becoming the Master of the new Jedi Academy?

I personally think it'd be quite fun. I can imagine many scenes, subplots, where we all train together to become stronger, together. Where we come up with tactics and strategies for combination attacks together. Overcome obstacles together as equals. Defeat enemies who are ten times stronger than us using only our perseverance and endurance as weapons. Something like that.

It's really up to you. If you feel you will earn a sense of achievement and satisfaction from playing your character as he/she is now then I'm not going to stop you.

If anyone else would like to discuss their characters and raise any concerns, I'll be around for about another hour or so. Sorry for the inconvenience but it's best if we fix any issues now so we could have a nice enjoyable game down the road.

Good concerns man but yeah teh out of sync-ness could be hard to make the story follow and fun for anyone. I was wondering if we should throw all the factions in one story thread or something. If anyone can make their own setting then all we need to do is have all the enemies set up or you can set up the enemies since your like the DM (or GM lol). Yeah i'm sure we're aware of the powerful abilities we have but i think its somewhat fitting. The outside world has no magic but has science and technology while Gensokyo is vice versa with lots of magic and little technology. Oh and don't worry about my character I use him everywhere i go, video games, RP'ing everywhere. XD I'm no stronger than a A or B rank Touhou character (if you don't know what i mean by that i can post a pic o,o) All that background stuff is simply that background old history. My abilities are gone and I'm no stronger than Marisa or something. All that old stuff was just that...stuff as far as teh story was concerned. It will be fun and contributing i assure you ^_^

Yeah, I can understand RPG hopping with the same character (I used to do that a long time ago.). The thing is, sometimes we have to adapt an old concept for new settings. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. I think we'd all be more comfortable being more or less around the same level, or at least human. Don't you think so? And when you say you're as strong as Marisa, the current Marisa is so weak she might lose a fight against a kid in sixth form. I seriously don't think your current Kojiro is that weak.

Yes, we can merge the factions if need be. But I think it's fun for some to roleplay members of the opposition. I think we should continue that for a bit and see how that goes. But as for merging the threads, I think that can be done, especially as the members of RAI Force 1 are moving to Karuisuwa.

Oh, I also invite everyone to raise any other concerns regarding the RPG now. I believe Helepolis also mentioned that we have too many threads. Does everyone feel it is so? If so, I'll ask a moderator to merge a few threads together.

Any other concerns? Let's tackle them as a team, people!

I was AFK for a good hour or two leaving my story window open ( trying to finish it up now ).

About the point you raise MTG. I too have read few DBZ / Naruto powerup things but I guess it is everyones way of RPGing. They probably power level.

Just incase someone is wondering the power outburst I wrote in during the Border fight. I'll spoil you this: It is not power which I learned or developped suddenly because I was in anger / despair. It did kill the fun with the first fight and MTG pointed it out, which is good. I kind of rushed there when I actually tried to write something else. But there is a bigger reason behind that outburst. Which I am keeping a secret so far but MTG knows where Taihou's development might/is heading. Ofcourse he can twist it if he thinks it doesn't fit, which I told him to do if needed.

Right now Taihou is nothing more than just a butler + nifty with his fists and with knives which he learned from Sakuya and Meiling. No special powers or Supersayan mode here. He only shares his life force to power Mokou, Keine or Sakuya but those already had powers.
I prefer to keep Taihou asmap nonmagic so no lightningbolts or "death" attacks, meaning he simply uses his knive/dagger or hands ( Nanaya style =P but without the death-lines ) to fight.
Basicly you can see him as a "tanker" in terms of RPG except without a shield and big ass sword.

Taihou is still developping his skills but that will follow.

Taihou is somewhat fair. Helepolis explained to me the nature of Taihou's powers in a PM when I first raise concerns about him. However, I've also asked him to develop his strength more naturally, more human-like, and I believe he has agreed. The power he exhibited at our first battle will be a plot device connected to our foe but one with strong repercussions....I won't divulge anything further for fear of spoilers.

I got myself lacking magical powers, but with great physical strength. Of course, this has its limitations.

I'm thinking of leaving the group during the night for a little...fun (no, not that kind of fun. I'm keeping it SFW obviously).

Gpop's character is quite acceptable. There is always variation between people and it's normal to have variation in physical strength in reality. However, it isn't very natural for a normal human being to have magical powers. That's all I'm saying. If you're going to have any, try and develop it from scratch.

Basically my opinion is that if you GOD MOD a character, you must GOD MOD two of their enemies.

The reason Satsuki got resurrection is simply because the enemy in An Age of Chaos: Touhou Heroes contains Sylar( ;D Killing Machine).

It's easy to create stronger and stronger enemies for stronger and stronger player characters. However, remember, we started off as outsider humans. Plus, the point of an RPG is to play with friends. If you leave your friends too far behind, it becomes a solo game and the point of a multiplayer RPG is lost. If you're the super god ctulhu when your team mates are all mere mortal humans, what's the point?

Sorry for rambling again. I don't know how else to go about this, really. So I apologize once more.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
---
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:33:19 PM by Helepolis »

Gpop

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2009, 10:16:03 PM »
Gpop's character is quite acceptable. There is always variation between people and it's normal to have variation in physical strength in reality. However, it isn't very natural for a normal human being to have magical powers. That's all I'm saying. If you're going to have any, try and develop it from scratch.

I was planning on doing that. I'm not going to magically gain powers to save others. I'm not into that.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »
I was planning on doing that. I'm not going to magically gain powers to save others. I'm not into that.

Sorry, I didn't mean to plaster those two points together in the same paragraph. I didn't mean to accuse you of trying to suddenly gain magical powers. Sorry.

Sigh, I'm really, really sorry, everyone, for bringing these things up. I know I've probably annoyed and irritated a few people now. As I said, it was my fault to begin with. But I think it's best if we sort it out now before we get too far in the RPG.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2009, 10:23:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure I won't be a problem (anymore) powerlevel-wise, but I've yet to write up a profile to fully explain it.

However, given how huge a time sink this is, I may or may not drop eventually. If I do, I've also come up with a pretty awesome finale to keep my character from becoming a burden. I'll send it to Gap for use at the appropriate moment if the time comes. Or maybe send it anyway just in case I vanish without announcing it.

As for threads, I think the profile and story archive threads could be merged. Actually, the archive could be hosted off-site and linked to in the story summary. The different factions' threads could remain split, I think (I've been avoiding the Chosen thread so I don't abuse meta-knowledge there), but we could cut down at least a little on the externals. Getting it all into a discussion thread would be pretty difficult, though. Still, I think offsite archiving of some details might be a good way to work around some of the thread clutter, especially for the static stuff.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »
I offer my own webdomain and space to store a simple website with detailed information such as
- Story archive so far
- List of characters ( not the Gensokyo girls ) with their profile / speciality etc
- List of teams

But it has to be all HTML so I can simply dump it in 1 file and upload it.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
The "status" can be updated in the first post of the story topic.  There's no real need for two story threads that I can see.  Registration/Profile should be in Discussion.

You can host some of this offsite if you want, but there's no reason for there to be five active threads for one RP.  I'll leave the solution up to you.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2009, 10:45:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure I won't be a problem (anymore) powerlevel-wise, but I've yet to write up a profile to fully explain it.

However, given how huge a time sink this is, I may or may not drop eventually. If I do, I've also come up with a pretty awesome finale to keep my character from becoming a burden. I'll send it to Gap for use at the appropriate moment if the time comes. Or maybe send it anyway just in case I vanish without announcing it.

As for threads, I think the profile and story archive threads could be merged. Actually, the archive could be hosted off-site and linked to in the story summary. The different factions' threads could remain split, I think (I've been avoiding the Chosen thread so I don't abuse meta-knowledge there), but we could cut down at least a little on the externals. Getting it all into a discussion thread would be pretty difficult, though. Still, I think offsite archiving of some details might be a good way to work around some of the thread clutter, especially for the static stuff.

Yes, I'm sure you're the last one to be concerned about regarding godmodding.

Yes, this is quite a time-sink, especially as we have so many players. It's rare for me to manage this many players in one plot like this (we used to have multiple players spread across many subplots). But that's exactly why we should go about addressing all the issues now, considering the amount of effort we've sunk into this.

I don't know how to manage the other things. This is how I usually organize RPGs (in fact, I usually run two more additional threads). Merging them altogether will make it highly cluttered. Remember our last discussion thread? It was difficult enough finding stuff in there, without character profiles and regular updates and summaries.

It's up to you. If you can somehow manage it then go for it.

I offer my own webdomain and space to store a simple website with detailed information such as
- Story archive so far
- List of characters ( not the Gensokyo girls ) with their profile / speciality etc
- List of teams

But it has to be all HTML so I can simply dump it in 1 file and upload it.

As I said, if you can somehow manage it, go for it. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to that stuff. Thanks for the generous offer, by the way. I appreciate it.

The "status" can be updated in the first post of the story topic.  There's no real need for two story threads that I can see.  Registration/Profile should be in Discussion.

You can host some of this offsite if you want, but there's no reason for there to be five active threads for one RP.  I'll leave the solution up to you.

The issue is, as I mentioned before, cluttering. This at least offers some semblance of organization. But if the other players believe they can manage then I'll leave it to them.

Ok, I'm dead tired. It's been another long day of studying for me. So I'll take care of any other concerns tomorrow. Sorry once more, everyone. I know I've been rather irritating today but somebody had to do it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:47:46 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:07 PM »
I will watch out from now on, and I'm not mad, Game balanacing sure is important.

(I HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT!! I BEAT EVERY SRW USING GAMESHARK!)

Actually my character is also a Game-Jump since An Age of Chaos was written in a SRW-ish format.

And as the leader of ESP Fans Club (What the **** is that title = =|||) I'd say ESP is the weakest one out of four major special abilities, even though it got a little of every other thing in it.

=Topic: Balance END=

=Hosting =
Hosting the contents off-site is sure WIN, I can open a space on my Wordpress Blog to store all these things.

Or I can open up a new Wordpress Blog for that! The installation is simple and only took about 5 minutes!(THIS IS NOT AN AD)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 11:19:54 PM by nemoma »

mad

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2009, 11:58:06 PM »
I don't see too much over powered on Jalal McWallace expect for immortality, though that is because an immortal test subject can take anything. Maybe the fire and lightning could be developed later, I haven't used it anyways.

As for Ghandi, he is a less than average human physically and average human magically, He is merely dedicated and intelligent. Also, I never received an answer as to whether or not it would be fine if he remained unbonded because I really don't see and Gensokyo girls teaming up with him and his role is not combat. It is research. The officers in the lab have the authority to give him orders. He only holds sway amiong his fellow scientists and can and does carry everything he owns except for his bank account.

I request feedback, because I have trouble telling if there is anything wrong.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2009, 01:19:21 AM »
I think my initial main character is alright as far as power levels go (I hope) so I think I'm straight in that field, although the next one I have for the Rai Force side is something a bit more hard to determine being I based him off Type Moon material and we all know how 'lol hax' TM can be

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2009, 01:32:38 AM »
The issue is, I would like you to reflect, would it be more fun to spring into existence with an arsenal of powerful abilities? Or would it be more fun to develop them slowly, learn them, perfect them? Become a master through a long hard road of apprenticeship?
OHHHH now i see what you meant. start from the ground up and master or start with some ability.
Well i thought about it and I'm kinda doin the opposite i guess haha. I want to make my team more powerful via learning spells and attacks outside of Gensokyo. I kinda alluded to that with Youmu and our team attack. I want to go in the direction of having abilities ready to go and jump into action but also to teach them to the girls and have this apprentice like and big bro like manner. I introduced Pearl to help teach Patchouli Koakuma and Minoriko other magics (of course anyone can probably use her to acquire new spells and whatnot. that's fine with me :p just don't rape my daughter XD hahahahaha) and for Youmu i wanted to be her swordsmaster and teach her like her father(?) did. And Remilia is gonna be the romance and will learn to like the outside world again.

And when you say you're as strong as Marisa, the current Marisa is so weak she might lose a fight against a kid in sixth form. I seriously don't think your current Kojiro is that weak.

NOOOO! XD hahah i meant Marisa or any other Touhou char before they moved out of their world man XD of course i'm not that fragile hahaha. All that "god mod" power is gone. I'm no much stronger than Alex if i was to make a comparison (sorry?) just with a sword instead. If you seen Maburaho think of me as Kazuki, a normal lookin human but had a crapload of magical ability even for from normal magi. Combine that with fencing and boom you got the current me in a nutshell.

Oh I'd like to raise another probable point about our player chars. Maybe its just my experience with my friends who play D&D or other RPG's where you can customize characters (mostly Disgaea or any other Nippon Ichi Game) but i think its an unconscious effort to make your character as bad-ass as possible XD. When i wrote about the final battle with Baal i was playin DragonForce "Through Fire and Flames" it had that kinda badassness to it. Maybe too much DBZ or Kung Fu movies have corrupted our minds or something haha. But i feel your points man.  WE shouldn't get too badass with ourselves just yet XD Its like having a party of level 3000s and having some who are level 3 just no gonna work out (and unlike an actual RPG video game your level 3 won't jump up to level 1500 when they share the EXP from killed enemies of 3000+ XD haha)
....i really need to play Ar Tonelico 2 and Disgaea 2 again and Makai Kingdom ._.
errr forget what i said there ^^.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »
Like Kojiro pointed out Alex still mostly human he just happens to have a combo of a lucky bloodline and a highly trained body protecting him so far and since he is supporting compared to the major gensokyo players some of the weakest to feeble fairys he doesn't have much of a strain on him but has my most recent storyline post shows he's far from a unstoppable force of nature as Alice's blow to his "family jewels" shows he's still a human being capable of losing and like my storyline during the dojo hinted strongly Alex only got lucky vs Yagi who would had he properly connected with his attack Alex would had been a dead man or at least not in the same shape he started out.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2009, 02:05:18 AM »
hardtokeepupwiththisthingarghsofast.

To think that last night, when I sign up, so slow, then when I go to sleep, and in fact, oversleep, there have been 12 long replies already =___=

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2009, 04:09:40 AM »
Hey Gpop? is Merlin and Sanae with you right now? When you visited us? i wanted to be sure haha. I dont' think i've seen them much lately so i was curious.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2009, 04:31:29 AM »
Just to note, verbal sparring matches with Yukari are very fun to write.

However, I just realized I have two things due the next two days and have basically not started on either so I should probably stop trying to catch up for a little while. Hooray! :(
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:28 AM »
hey guys I think it would be a good idea to start our stories with the location time AND what other teams are your including ^_^ like this for example on my new post just now

The Opposite Mansion 8:35am  (starring Zei, and Gpop)

That way any team can be caught up quickly and adjust their plans (or not) by knowing what sections have them included in ya know? Its an easy heads up for those involved in your section of the story. => Happy writing all I'm gonna head to bed now
Abayo ^^