Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 69067 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:21 AM »
Reimu turned to Yukari. "Hey, can you get me Sakuya?"

"Sure thing, Reimu~n! Just don't blame me if she gets mad."

One portal later, Sakuya dropped down into the shrine courtyard, surprised but otherwise no worse for wear.

"Yukari, what the hell do you think you're - oh, Reimu, you here too? Why am I here?"

"We have a new gaggle of girls here, and some of them are a bit off-kilter, if you know what I mean. You're pretty good at spy-type stuff, so I was hoping you'd be able to help me with this."

"You know, you could have asked before unceremoniously dumping me here. But okay, I'll help, if only because I know Yukari won't put me back home if I don't."

Sakuya turned with a blank look toward the group of outsiders. She stared intently at a few of them before her eyes flashed wide open.

"Hold it."

Sakuya vanished from where she was standing, and instantly appeared behind Sichte, knife at her throat.

"What are you doing here, stopping time and throwing knives? Theft is not tolerated by the residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and gimmick theft is one of our most serious crimes."

There was a flash, and the roles were reversed, a smiling Sichte now holding the maid at knifepoint. "Gimmick theft? I think not. This has always been my thing. Sorry if it's your thing too, but I'm not changing me just for some Frenchwoman I've never met before."

Another flash saw Sakuya facing Sichte from several paces away. "Hmm, another one like me...Mistress Remilia would be most interested in you, I think. I must ask that you return with me so we may discuss these..." Sakuya's eyes wandered, and her lips curled just a bit. "...developments further."

"Heh. Fine by me. I'll meet this "mistress" of yours. Grolla, you stay here while I'm gone."

"Understood, Lady Sichte."

Reimu lazily waved a hand at Yukari. "Okay, she's got one. Send 'em back."

"Wait, not just yet."

Out of nowhere, Sakuya had moved right behind Strudel and grabbed her around the waist. "I want to see you as well. We are going to have a long talk about you and your kind's mischief-making ways, all the messes you make in my house that I have to clean up, and how maybe you should all stop listening to that ice idiot if you want to live to see next month. Okay, let's go."

Yukari nodded, and the last words anyone there heard before the three were gapped from sight were "Wait, who or what are you talking ab-".

Reimu turned to Yukari. "Well? What do you think? They all gone yet?"

"Hmmm...nope, doesn't seem so!"

"Le sigh. All right, time to guess at who's next."

"Wait a minute! I've had enough of these shenanigans!"

Reimu turned back to look at the protester, who continued her rant. "We are not pawns in some silly little game of yours! We are not to be thrown around and bullied and generally treated like we are objects! I demand you cease this at once!"

Reimu yawned in response. "Oh boy. Uh...Axelle, can you show...Eifer, wasn't it? Can you show Eifer back to your place? You know how things work around here and I really don't want to deal with more bullshit right now than I have to."

"Sure thing, Hakureimu! C'mon, Eifer, let's go. This is all good, really, it's just how things work around here."

"W-wait, aren't you one of us?"

"Yeah, I was supposed to be! But that never came to fruition, so I got sent here instead. Gensokyo is the land of fantasy, where forgotten things appear, so it was only natural that I ended up here. The place is actually pretty nice once you get use to it. C'mon, I'll show you!"

With that, a smiling Axelle dragged off a clearly apprehensive Eifer off, away to God-knows-where.

---

Kitten4u, playing Strudel (Mason, TOWN-ALIGNED) got caught behind the 9-ball!

It is now Day 3. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have 48 hours to vote. Good luck!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2010, 03:19:34 AM »
As promised.

As an aside, oh hey, I was right, K4U was town.

I'll be honest here. I am going to ignore most of UD and Rou's posts. They are pretty much town despite their...interesting ideas of scumhunting. This will also make the read significantly easier on you all since I won't have to rehash what I've said tons of times.

And apparently I lied

Rou, is there any explanation you can share for this?

(As an aside this from me is horribly ironic given the tunneling I ended up getting from Rou)

I'll admit, this from Zak is a little weird. It was mentioned then but exposing the supposed reaction fishing when 5 people were posting...out of 17, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Cha's subsequent response pointing this out does make it slightly less suspect.

Hey, first rather notable post of the game, from Sodium. I already said my piece on it, but I'll say it again. It's still terrible, hypocritical, and reporter style.

Hmm...something somewhat notable

UsuallyDead: (7):
UncertainKitten
Edible: Dayvig
Carthrat
Arashi Kurobara
Nietz
Chaore
Kanako

Out of all remaining, does anyone think there's another scum? I...want to think so given the speed of the wagon, but I did just reread UD's behavior and am like "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah"

this post makes K4U look amazing.

Despite being right about Kana, this post is again as terrible as the last time I read it. Same reasons.

this post bugs me. It reads to me like a summary, with a protection of Chaore and then a shift to Kanako. Of course, I did some similar stuff, didn't I? Difference being this was Serpentarius' first post of the game. I'm not sure I like this at all

this feels like a summary from Jam...but it's somewhat more expected from someone who's new. That said, it was a contributing factor to Cha's case.

Rereading this, it feels like a protection of Sodium. contrasted with the Kanako attack, I'm not getting good vibes from either Serpy or Sody.

this post is curious. I...well, it's a lot of words and "lol you all suck", but I don't see much analysis except effectively a throwaway vote on Pesco. I don't know how to read this, to be honest. It seems to be "Well, UK might be scum...well, one of UD and UK is scum. UD could be scum UD rage quitting."

What. is. your. stance?

Rereading this, Keri misunderstood. I was assuming UD town and analyzing the bandwagon without his flip. I don't see myself tying myself to his flip in any proximity to your post.

As I said before, this was the first semi decent post out of Sodium.

Another effective throwaway vote from Tom. Granted, it DID have some good points in it.

This from Sodium reads badly. It's some summary, some clearing of people who have flipped town, some poking a hornets nest but running away. Why did you say that about Carth if you weren't planning to follow up?

This post looks amazingly worse in retrospect, much for the same reasons some of mine do, except Serpy is saying Cha won't flip scum, whereas I had him second on my list.

The "How to falseclaim 101 by Serpent Tarius" post has already been belabored.

this feels a lot like "please, shut Cha up before he screws us up more." Is the us town or scum, I wonder? Given my inability to really read him before, this strikes me as scummy.

this is more Nietz tunnel from ET. Then again, he kinda needs to at this point.

Did I miss a page? Jam has 5 posts at this point? Yeesh. She definitely needs to be more out there.

Quote from: Alice
The key issue here is that while Serpentarius is suspicious for trying to start a secondary wagon on a sitting duck target late in the day when the primary wagon is a Scum wagon, on the other hand Kanako is being terrible, providing garbage posts with no content, and always making excuses with promises for actual content later that never winds up manifesting itsself. I'm fairly certain that one of these is Scum, and that they're not BOTH Scum, but I'm not sure which of them is the Scum at the moment. Nietz is higher-priority right now anyway for me.

Checkmate. I have been drawing the same conclusion myself at this point. Well, except for the Nietz thing, though granted I found him scummy D2.

Ok, here's the thing about the quickly building Nietz wagon. So far everyone has good reasons for it, before we get to K4U's actually decent case on me.

this is terrible from the first line. Bragging much? Dear God, why the hell would you ever point out the Pesco NK like that? Considering the rest of it is more summary, it does not look good.

this post bothers me slightly. Why point out Nietz doing this and not EvilTom?

The most notable thing about this post is the vote for Rou. It's understandable but also somewhat unforgiveable given the circumstances. She has good points, but the evidence points to dumb town on both parts.

this post, while better then most previous posts, has one problem. Where's Sodium in it? Where are a lot of players, but definitely sodium.

this feels well reasoned on Nietz. Makes me feel slightly better about ET but...I still don't like the "quick, shut him up" that came accross wrt Cha, and the throwaway votes.

Zak doesn't really seem to post much, the few times he does post. Not sure I like that.

I think I'm done

K4U, Carthrat, Edible and probably Alice and Rou are town
Serpy, Sodium, and possibly Zak and/or EvilTom are scum
No strong reads on other players. Jam should post more original content. Arashi is kinda there, but she has been posting.
Keri needs to post more.

All that said, ##Vote Serpentarius

I have a present for all you who read all that stuff:

Everyone asking to be replaced can kiss my ass.  I hate replacements.

Let's go, Mr. Zeppy.

##Geisterwand: Kanako

We had better lynch Nietz after this.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2010, 03:24:56 AM »
##Vote: UncertainKitten

Related.

Need to head to bed soon, but I'll throw out that today we should watch for people who turned D2 into the false dilemma of 'we need to lynch either Kanako or Nietz'. Top of my head the two names that come to mind are Sodium and Serp, with Arashi as a third for dropping her vote somewhere useless instead (namely me) but also following both these lynches.

More when it's not 3am. -_-;

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2010, 03:26:04 AM »
EBWOP: Obviously this is all second place to the UK lynch because, well, the case has been made more times than can be counted. Stuff to do today so we have something to work with D4.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2010, 03:33:29 AM »
You probably didn't bother to read my wall. I suggest you do when I flip town

(Hey Keri, there's another one)

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »
Also, Rou, it's 3:30 AM there. Get some sleep, please?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2010, 03:49:19 AM »
People quitting apparently destroys my ability to think in any sort of rational manner.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2010, 04:06:59 AM »
People quitting is indeed irritating.

Nice wall UK. You actually do keep your word when you say you'll do some scumhunting.

You made a good point about me ignoring Tom previously so now that I've looked at his posts I'm fairly suspicious of him... He posts once in a while and despite the fact that he makes fairly logical arguments in everything he does he defended Chaore in the beginning and has each time voted for someone we now know to be Town, even if no one else was voting for them. The only exception to this is his vote for Chaore at the point where he was already doomed.

##Vote EvilTom

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »
Need to do a proper reread, right now I'm most suspicious of Serpentarius, primarily for an attempt at derailing the Chaore wagon onto what is now a confirmed (Idiot) Townie, namely Kanako, at pretty much the ideal time for a derail attempt.

Incidentally, the one thing that unnerves me about yesterday was the sheer speed at which all the wagons developed. What I find as even more worrying is that even today, I'm noticing some people playing a reactionary approach: "well, Nietz was garbagey and Scummy so we'll vote him! Oh he flipped Town. Well, DREAD THOMAS is sort of garbagey too and he pressed fairly hard for a Nietz lynch even fairly early on so let's vote him instead today!"

Hm. I definetly get the feeling that I'm missing something obvious here...
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2010, 09:28:56 AM »
Oh no! What a nightmare!

Alice summed it up, but Jam's scumhunting method of "you told me to look, so I did. Hey scum!!!' doesn't seem.. something. Proactive? Following the true spirit of investigation? In any case being wrong isn't a lynchable sin, and starting a solid train is kinda better than just tagging on. Her vote's bad.

Jam has basically regurgitated other points up until now as is. I don't find I have a lot more to say, save ##Vote: Jam, since her play has reeked of opportunism all game.

On Serp, his discussion yesterday on how scum might sacrifice each other proactively and all that seems pretty moot now that we know Nietz/Kanako are both town rather than buddies or individuals. I feel like I'll just head into WIFOM territory if I go much further into REASONS to say all this down here, but it's a bizzare line of logic I don't really buy into or find worth mentioning in general. It's not the usual 'if x lynch y' he railed against, but it still kinda points people in both directions.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
You probably didn't bother to read my wall.
I was in a rush to get my vote out before I got hauled to bed, and on top of that your wall cut me. Reading over I see that we seem to at least share opinions on Serp and Sodium.

Rou, is there any explanation you can share for this?
There's an explanation, but I don't think it needs to be given right this minute.

The wall you've posted is...surprisingly coherent given our earlier squabbling. Like I said, I'm looking awkwardly at Serp and Sodium given their efforts to turn the lynch into a two-Townie-race. Arashi is third on my list, though, for trying to
a) Press an even MORE useless three-horse-race - Nietz, Kanako and myself
b) In doing so, leave her vote well well away from the rising wagons.

I think Tom worked too hard to connect himself to a Nietz lynch, IMO. Seems more Townie to me.

The only Jam post I remember is 353, where she decides 'scumhunting' = 'giving vague suspicions of four different people'. This however reduced to suspicions of Nietz, Kanako, and (interestingly) Serp.

I want to see posts from Serp, Sodium and possibly Arashi before I decide what to do with my vote. For now UK still seems a solid choice (and I'm uncertain as to whether or not we can really afford to let her live given the last two days...)

EvilTom

• Reimu is always welcome on /d/
« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »
So a great big wall of text that reads like a big summary (UK). Sure there's a couple of insights (I agree with the bits on Sodium somewhat), but I'm sick of all this reporter-style posting (ironically what UK attacked Sodium for doing).

What really bugs me though, is this shit:
You know, I'm about ready to vote myself at this point.
Commenting on how essentially hopeless my situation is now. I'm rather tied to Cha, my attacks on Kanako were wrong, and make me look worse.
I'm painfully aware of how bad I look. As I thought I said earlier, when I saw Chaore's flip, I went into today expecting my lynch. The fact it didn't happen is good, but I don't think I'll survive this game. I will approach tomorrow assuming I'll be lynched. But I won't be a useless stump. I will produce content as long as you'll let me live. I figure that's the best I can do.

It's already been pointed out as completely unnecessary, but it's also a bullshit appeal to emotion. "Woe is me, I'm going to die, but I'll give you all this useful advice which you must heed because I will flip town! I'm such a martyr!"

Yes, UK looks horrible. The only thing to be gained by pointing it out constantly is sympathy, which makes me even more wary.
Also, the quick switch from DeadKanako to 'FastHammerNietzNow' is a bit weird, and reads like an attempt to cut off conversation with hammer before attention can be brought upon those pushing for Kanako.
And of course then there's the whole UK/Chaore thing. Both those points were well illustrated by Kitten4u (http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4654.msg225180#msg225180).

##Vote UK looks good.

Ninja by Rou~ I'm mostly in agreement. Serp was polarizing between Kanako and UD on day 1 though, I just noticed.
Kanako's my favored lynch right now, followed by UD. 

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »
Day 3 Vote Chart

Serpentarius (1): UncertianKitten
UncertainKitten (2): Roukanken, EvilTom
EvilTom (1): Jam-Kiske
Jam-Kiske (1): Carthrat

Need 7 for a lynch. About 36 hours to go.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:31 PM »
Serp tells me he's getting blocked from this site. He's currently working on fixing things, but if you're waiting on a post from him, you might want to find other things to do in the meantime. No ETA on his reappearance.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »
Well, that's awkward. :V
We still have Sodium on that topic, at least.

In other related news, once you get a controller you're comfortable with RKS Grollschwert is absolutely incredible. More entertaining than Tia by a considerable margin. Except for CROSS WALL JESUS CHRIST HOW DOES LETTY MAKE THIS LOOK SO EASY

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »
Alright... gonna post what I was supposed to post before Kilga closed the posting.
Screw you >:(
Anyways, I might not be for the rest of the day since Calc test is coming tomorrow.

------
@Nietz & Kanako: ... *insert several censoring beeps*.

@Arashi/Jam about Serp's "roleclaiming instructions": I'm going to side with Arashi here. Day one would probably lead to suicidal, and you could talk through the PMs. (Although, can scum talk through PM at day in this game?)

@Serp: I do agree in that Zakeri's vote against Chaore early one doesn't seem much of a clear grasp of a scumtell and more like a shot-in-the-dark. Although I don't really agree with your theory of the auto-scum-bus. Out of everything, it would make people a little more suspicious in my eyes, (say, if a scum person didn't say anything in the first game and then tries to point out and make a wot trying to point out somebody who nobody cared to look at that moment).

@UK:
I'm going to get an aneurysm if I keep responding to the misreps Rou throws at me. Since he's still likely town I think I will make good on just ignoring any rehashes of the old arguments against me by him. It's liable to just piss him and I off.
You know, I'm about ready to vote myself at this point.
If this is not anti-town, I do not know what it is, really.
-----

For the reasons above, and the previous posts:
##Vote: UncertainKitten
Proper reading after the test.

Powerup punchin'!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2010, 06:23:35 PM »
The wall you've posted is...surprisingly coherent given our earlier squabbling. Like I said, I'm looking awkwardly at Serp and Sodium given their efforts to turn the lynch into a two-Townie-race. Arashi is third on my list, though, for trying to

It's funny how clear the game becomes when you ignore most of yours and mine posts. Well, more UD and mine posts, though you haven't made an amazing amount of non UK hate posts either.

a) Press an even MORE useless three-horse-race - Nietz, Kanako and myself
b) In doing so, leave her vote well well away from the rising wagons.

This is a good point. I guess what has me not looking at her closely is that voting you was pretty much retarded, and I'd think scum would rather not do something that retarded when they are being handed two town lynches.

I think Tom worked too hard to connect himself to a Nietz lynch, IMO. Seems more Townie to me.

Could you cite anything on this? I think I get it but that "oh, Cha's going down anyway, I better be on the wagon" bothers me a bit much.

So a great big wall of text that reads like a big summary (UK). Sure there's a couple of insights (I agree with the bits on Sodium somewhat), but I'm sick of all this reporter-style posting (ironically what UK attacked Sodium for doing).

I think each post I cite has a stance. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise, it is rather convenient to accuse someone of "reporter style posting" without backing it up, ne?

It's already been pointed out as completely unnecessary, but it's also a bullshit appeal to emotion. "Woe is me, I'm going to die, but I'll give you all this useful advice which you must heed because I will flip town! I'm such a martyr!"

And when I flip town?

(There it is again Keri!)

Also, the quick switch from DeadKanako to 'FastHammerNietzNow' is a bit weird, and reads like an attempt to cut off conversation with hammer before attention can be brought upon those pushing for Kanako.

Excuse me? I don't believe I supported "fasthammerNietznow". I think I supported "Well, might as well hammer Nietz with 13 hours left. However, I'd like Serpentarius to weigh in first"

Which Rou ignored.

Hmm...that's odd regarding Serp :S...hmm...

EvilTom's latest post, combined piggybacking, misrep, and probably one decent point that's been beat to death does NOT make him look townie.

Anyway, I'll wait for a post for Kerigis that reflects the current game state. Unless that was supposed to do it.

« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
ffffff I don't wanna think I wanna nap I'm sick ;_; But duty calls!

Arashi: Rou's meta is the tunneling you see him doing right now. lolmeta, but it's probably the reason why no one else really makes a big deal about it.

Oh. Well, that makes sense, then, y'all should have just told me that earlier. =P (Oh god why did I say "y'all" I swear to god I'm not picking up a Southern accent but it just felt... right.) In light of that, I can totally accept D1 + (D2 - Rou meta) = probable town Rou. I don't have to like it, but yeah, it's true. :V (I will point out that Rou's own vote for the majority of D2 was on a train that, while more viable than where mine was, still pretty obviously wasn't going anywhere that day either, so pot, kettle, etc., but whatever.)

Alice is still the most Towny Pro-Town Townie to ever Town (on the very small chance he's not, he's doing a damned good job of faking it). Vig means Edible is confirmed Town.

The rest of that Sodium post I quoted for the Rou point above is just kind of "yeah! yeah! UK wagon!" UK looks bad, but vague "ok yeah what they said" doesn't make you look good either. There's... actually nothing much coming out of you at all, rereading. It's all parroting other people's points (340 in particular comes to mind). Jam's much the same, but aren't you at least experienced enough to know better? Also pretty much ignoring the vast majority of anything brought up against him (e.g. 340 contains nothing re: UK's attacks in 330). Possible scum.

@UK:
Anyway, I'll wait for a post for Kerigis that reflects the current game state. Unless that was supposed to do it.

Misrep.

Alright... gonna post what I was supposed to post before Kilga closed the posting.
(emphasis mine) and
Proper reading after the test.

Post was explicitly not meant to reflect current game state. It's not a great post anyway (no mention of UK, but then "for the reasons above"?), though.

This um...is terrible. I love how he clears UD...FOR THE SAME REASON ZAK DID...and then votes zak...FOR CLEARING UD!
(emphasis mine, again) also looks like misrep to me, and is probably more important than the above. Regardless of whether Sodium's "so amazingly dumb he has to be town" reasoning is any good or not, it's distinctly different from Zak's reasoning of "UD is pro-town because he's using confusion starting discussion".

Going with actual recent developments, I will say I don't think UK's wall today is as bad as Tom thinks with regards to quantity of useful content - it does come off a little play-by-play, but there's opinions throughout. On a reread of everything, though, I've finally started to manage to wrap my head around her a little bit, and I don't like it. Also possible scum.

Do want to see more from Keri and Jam in particular out of those who are posting very little. Especially Jam, since she's doing a lot of the "what everyone else said" I'm seeing out of Sodium.

Right now I'm between Sodium or UK, and it could just be because there's more content to go on with UK, but I feel like she's scummier.

##Vote: UK

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »
Misrep.

Elaborate. I see nothing regarding today, or the entire situation with Kanako and Nietz.

Post was explicitly not meant to reflect current game state. It's not a great post anyway (no mention of UK, but then "for the reasons above"?), though.

Hence why I said I WAS GOING TO WAIT FOR A POST THAT DID

But I wanted to cover all bases and sarcastically ask if that was supposed to be one that did.

It is you, milady, who is guilty of misrep.

(emphasis mine, again) also looks like misrep to me, and is probably more important than the above. Regardless of whether Sodium's "so amazingly dumb he has to be town" reasoning is any good or not, it's distinctly different from Zak's reasoning of "UD is pro-town because he's using confusion starting discussion".

Also not misrep. The "Gambit starter badge" and the "protown for starting discussion thing" ARE THE EXACT SAME THING

Ok, despite your blatant misunderstandings of what I was saying, maybe I please ask how I somehow come out scummier than Sodium, despite you basically acknowledging he's terrible?

I don't buy your case, Arashi. Not at all. You do not explain how I'm scummy. Please do so or else I'll be forced to make...connections.

Also, what do you think of Serp? I notice you very much avoided him, although he does appear to be the current counterwagon to me.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
EBWOP: Apparently I lied. It's relatively spread out, there's no real wagon against me. I just know a lot of people are like "I don't like serp. But let's vote UK/Jam/Tom/etc. instead"

Mostly let's vote UK instead, which should be very telling.

« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »
Elaborate. I see nothing regarding today, or the entire situation with Kanako and Nietz.
There's not really much of any "today" to regard yet, it seems like. Mostly you and Rou, with some near-useless fluff from Keri and Jam, "Serp's not worth mentioning but I'll mention him" from Rat, and a couple callouts on you from Tom (I've already said I mildly disagree with his remark on the actual content of the wall, but he's right on the AtE).

The Kanako/Nietz situation... I'm not sure what I can draw from it, since nearly everyone was tied to one or the other, and it's not like either looked great. Nietz definitely looked worse out of the two, but I'm not sure whether that means I should worry more in general about the Nietz voters for hopping on the easy wagon or the 'nako voters for going with someone who didn't have as much of a case on them.

sarcastically ask

Insert remark about "sarcasm, internet, lol" here. Alright, that one's a fail on my part.

Also not misrep. The "Gambit starter badge" and the "protown for starting discussion thing" ARE THE EXACT SAME THING

I dunno, I read it as Sodium saying "too dumb to be scum" (especially given 249) vs. Zakeri saying "not dumb at all, productive", which are quite definitely opposites.

Ok, despite your blatant misunderstandings of what I was saying, maybe I please ask how I somehow come out scummier than Sodium, despite you basically acknowledging he's terrible?

Sodium is looking terrible, but it's in the same lazy, a touch non-committal sort of way Nietz in that Nietz in particular has been. Looks bad, but we've all seen how Nietz turned out after looking even worse, so it gives me pause.

You... NK on the person with the best case on you, I don't think makes you looks good (but that could be scum trying to make you look bad, which starts turning into WIFOM). I'd rate you up
in the people we need to look at in the "false dilemma" of 'nako vs. Nietz that Rou mentioned in 452, and even if I do agree with the end result you're putting up on Sodium, I still don't really like some the reasoning.

Also, what do you think of Serp? I notice you very much avoided him, although he does appear to be the current counterwagon to me.

362 is mostly fine as far as I can see, though less so in light of 'nako and Nietz both flipping town. The thing that worries me most about it is pegging Zak as next most likely scum, mostly because I was leaning town on Zak (see 356). I still come down on the "town" reasoning re: the Chaore roleclaiming instructions. I feel like I need to see more (and given 463, it looks like we won't be getting it for a bit) because I'm genuinely torn on that one. I want to see more from Keri and Jam even more, because at least there's something of substance in Serp's posts already, not so much with either of those two.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2010, 11:22:29 PM »
Day 3 Vote Chart

Serpentarius (1): UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten (4): Roukanken, EvilTom, Kerigis, Arashi
EvilTom (1): Jam-Kiske
Jam-Kiske (1): Carthrat

No vote cast: Edible, Serp, Zakeri, Alice, Sodium

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have about 28 hours to vote.

Zakeri and and Sodium are treating into prod territory. Serp is still trying to fix his connection issues.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2010, 11:26:26 PM »
Oh, Arashi, when I said elaborate, I meant elaborate on how I misrepped Keri
But you did in that post so yeah.

I dunno, I read it as Sodium saying "too dumb to be scum" (especially given 249) vs. Zakeri saying "not dumb at all, productive", which are quite definitely opposites.

The basis of the dumb comment was still the "Gambit"

I'd rate you up
in the people we need to look at in the "false dilemma" of 'nako vs. Nietz that Rou mentioned in 452, and even if I do agree with the end result you're putting up on Sodium, I still don't really like some the reasoning.

Ok, then explain what you don't like about my sodium reasoning. Further, as far as I can tell I basically said kill them both, then Sodium. I don't recall proposing a false dilemma. Are you reading or just hoping you get something right once in awhile?

You... NK on the person with the best case on you, I don't think makes you looks good (but that could be scum trying to make you look bad, which starts turning into WIFOM).

See, the whole "NK person with best case on me" is effectively WIFOM, and not even good WIFOM at that. If you haven't noticed, K4U was pretty much confirmed town from her early cha vote.

What about the rest of Serp's posts, Arashi? Namely the ones that I really dislike in my wall?

Your case on me still doesn't exist. I suppose you could just go back "Um...uh...what K4U said" and I couldn't counter you, but that wouldn't be the greatest idea. Here's what I think we need. Show us why Sodium sucks. Show us why I suck. Show us why I'm worse than Sodium.

Actually, do this with any case you want to propose if Sodium isn't who you want to play.

With 28 hours left, people need to post and vote. We need to either decide if we are wagoning me to the grave, in which case, I'd like people to request whatever they need from me before I flip, or we wagon someone else, like say Serpentarius, or Sodium. Probably Sodium given Serpentarius can't currently defend himself.

In fact, let's: ##Unvote, ##Vote Sodium/MSB

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2010, 12:50:40 AM »
Uh yeah, I sort of broke some stuff on my comp and spent some time fixing it. Reason for late post.

I meant "Why the hell are you just saying you're going to scum hunt. You had lots of time, because you're arguing with Rou about crap in a stupid way, so instead of doing that, scumhunt".

Yay. I can't say a case is valid, when the two people most involved pretty much asked people whether it was valid or not.

Quote from: UK
This from Sodium reads badly. It's some summary, some clearing of people who have flipped town, some poking a hornets nest but running away. Why did you say that about Carth if you weren't planning to follow up?
Which one? The cool misrep of Carth by Chaore, or that part where I tried to answer Carth's question to Rou because it was pretty relevant to me, considering I was also voting Zak at that time.
this is terrible from the first line. Bragging much? Dear God, why the hell would you ever point out the Pesco NK like that?
hurr durr. Good Job attacking me on something that wasn't supposed to be serious. It was basically "wait, what? A Pesco NK? Oh man, that's hilarious because it's really uncommon".

Is it me, or does UK "me too" bofh a lot?

Just because me and Zak had the same basis for an opinion doesn't mean anything. It'd be like saying two people who read a book, have differing opinions, but liked the book for said differing opinions are the same. Sure, but only on the surface.

Arashi, I believe that Rou was the one who said the false dilemma stuff. To Rou, where the hell did I do that?

bofh:(Previous Game stuff: For fun, pretty much)

answer post. need to re-read, and getting this post out before prod and such.

Where's Zak?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #474 on: January 22, 2010, 12:57:07 AM »
Which one? The cool misrep of Carth by Chaore, or that part where I tried to answer Carth's question to Rou because it was pretty relevant to me, considering I was also voting Zak at that time.

The posts are linked. If they are not I apologize and will find it.

hurr durr. Good Job attacking me on something that wasn't supposed to be serious. It was basically "wait, what? A Pesco NK? Oh man, that's hilarious because it's really uncommon".

But why did you need to bring it up in the first place? The idea is you don't do it on purpose, that it's a scum slip.

Just because me and Zak had the same basis for an opinion doesn't mean anything. It'd be like saying two people who read a book, have differing opinions, but liked the book for said differing opinions are the same. Sure, but only on the surface.

Except you were calling him out on the exact same thing at that point, and only later separated it out slightly. You both were pointing to his "gambit"

This post does nothing to alleviate concerns.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
Arashi, I believe that Rou was the one who said the false dilemma stuff. To Rou, where the hell did I do that?
Kanako and Nietz for scum.

Carth, Kitten4u, Rou and bofh are probtown.
On that note, giving probtowns publically unless they're going undersuspicion is a bad idea to begin with, as it lets scum know who they shouldn't bother accusing and just shoot. Given that one of your probtowns got hit...>_>

Alice is still the most Towny Pro-Town Townie to ever Town (on the very small chance he's not, he's doing a damned good job of faking it).
Arashi, as we can see, is also very guilty of this. T_T

I still feel the flipflopping on Chaore D1, the namedrop therein and the subsequent press on the Kanako lynch (plus the martyrdom late-D2) are enough to make UK a strong suspect, but Sodium is giving me a bit to think about as well. Arashi is, perhaps, a little too far away to consider yet.

The one thing that perhaps doesn't sit well with Sodium is this line of attack UK is taking:
this is terrible from the first line. Bragging much? Dear God, why the hell would you ever point out the Pesco NK like that?
But why did you need to bring it up in the first place? The idea is you don't do it on purpose, that it's a scum slip.
Uh, think you're pressing him a little hard for what's probably a joke...? Seems a little like you're scraping the barrel here...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2010, 01:18:55 AM »
EBWOP: 'The one thing that perhaps doesn't sit well with the case on Sodium'

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #477 on: January 22, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »
Uh, think you're pressing him a little hard for what's probably a joke...? Seems a little like you're scraping the barrel here...

You are certainly one to talk about "scraping the barrel"

The meat of my case is in my wall. He took issue with that one point. I explained it. Excuse me for actually covering everything I found scummy, as opposed to trying to float on one or two points.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #478 on: January 22, 2010, 01:22:45 AM »
Excuse me for actually covering everything I found scummy, as opposed to trying to float on one or two points.
Excuse me for not making an effort to memorise everything you said in the wall because HOLY CRAP you talk so much. Why does every case in this game need to be fully defined, explained, referenced and signed in triplicate? :|

As good a player as he is, Alice is also bad at this, I'll note. T_T

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #479 on: January 22, 2010, 01:24:30 AM »
Excuse me for not making an effort to memorise everything you said in the wall because HOLY CRAP you talk so much. Why does every case in this game need to be fully defined, explained, referenced and signed in triplicate? :|

As good a player as he is, Alice is also bad at this, I'll note. T_T

Maybe because if you DON'T reference, explain, and define things, it's a lot easier to fudge a case and be WRONG. Even when everything is explained one is wrong often enough. Allowing memory to fudge things is worse