Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 378242 times)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2016, 04:20:32 PM »
Don't know if it's been reported, but the member list works kind of funny. I'm not sure if the search there works at all; and the letter links at the top are off by lots of pages. For example, when you click "F", you end up on a page with "HA-"s.

Same Chrome tottaly hates the site IE *shudder* will let me through after an "are you sure" check, Firefox works fine. something Windows XP related and browser specific.. urk.
firefox master race browser

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2016, 04:30:05 PM »
The member search has been broken since the dawn of time. I can't remember it ever working.

Funny side note: ever since captcha was fixed, I have woken up to 2 or 3 spam posts in the approval queue every other day or so.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2016, 05:10:47 PM »
It's a tradeoff.

Captcha wasn't "fixed", we disabled recaptcha in place of captcha, which has been cracked by spambots for years.  I've been deleting a number of new spammers daily for a while myself, it's just something we gotta do until we can get a better system in place - the alternative is no one being able to register new acccounts at all. :<

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2016, 05:40:10 PM »
Yeah, I am totally fine with seeing Kim Kardashian sex tape posts in the Unapproved queue, as opposed to no one being able to sign up at all.

Personally, I think the current bare minimum of posts needed for approval before you can post with impunity is a fine solution. It's a negligible bar to clear for actual users, and has so far prevented spammers from being able to clog up the boards. Win/win, really.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2016, 10:43:07 AM »
Hi, I'm wondering if the newest Captcha update might have broken something for the Personal Messaging system? Whenever I try to send a message to somebody, I'm told that I'm "not allowed to access this section", even though I went through the Captcha correctly.

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Delfigamer

« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
If you have less than 3 posts the following items are further restricted from you.
  • Posting new threads or replies will require moderator approval before they are visible
  • You cannot view profiles of other members
  • You cannot view LettyJournal
  • You cannot send personal messages
It's possible that you simply didn't have enough posts at the time. Try again now. And read the rules, if you haven't already.

« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »
It's possible that you simply didn't have enough posts at the time. Try again now. And read the rules, if you haven't already.

I already did when I signed up about a year ago. Been corresponding with others through PM relatively often, but today when I tried to send a new PM, I got the error message. Was working fine yesterday.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #248 on: February 16, 2016, 06:12:10 AM »
Oh that's a bug I guess. You have enough posts to send PMs but not enough to send without verification (which I had forgotten to remove when we made PMs completely blocked for people under 3 approved posts). I'll remove the verification on PMs.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:14:00 AM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2016, 08:03:45 PM »

Otherwise see you guys again next year.

I'm starting to get certificate errors way ahead of time. Opera says that the certificate was valid from 04/12/2015 to 03/03/2016. (Emitted for: shrinemaiden.org; Emitted by: Let's Encrypt Authority X1)

Delfigamer

« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2016, 08:09:16 PM »
The certificate expires on: 4 March 2016; 1:49.
Current time: 4 March 2016; 2:06.
It's like Cristmas came early :toot:

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #251 on: March 03, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
*sees the previous two posts*

...good, so it isn't just me that's having that problem.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2016, 09:00:48 PM »
My brand new phone that's been able to access the site just fine for the past week has today observed that this site is insecure. And this time I'm not the only one.

Edible

« Reply #253 on: March 03, 2016, 09:32:28 PM »
We're on it.

By which I mean TSO is on it.

:getdown:

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #254 on: March 03, 2016, 09:59:34 PM »
Hello certificate my old friend....

I see you've come to block me again....
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2016, 04:45:03 AM »
I put a reminder in my phone this time so I remember to do it ahead of time D: and yeah I'm using a new SSL provider and their certs only last 90 days. They're supposed to have a automatic renewal tool but uhh... it doesn't work with the setup I have.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2016, 05:17:34 AM »
   <---- I was told the server was back up, but when I try to access the site, I get this. Is anyone else getting this error?

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2016, 05:50:11 AM »
   <---- I was told the server was back up, but when I try to access the site, I get this. Is anyone else getting this error?
You're not alone
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2016, 09:23:49 PM »
Oops, I took the webchat server down while I was running updates and I forgot to restart it. Fixed!

« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2016, 08:47:33 PM »
Apparently there's a user who is getting an error message every time he tries to post in any section on the forum. He can't send any PMs, either.
The user in question (Dioxaz).
His post on the Touhou subreddit detailing the issue.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:50:23 PM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2016, 09:30:19 PM »
I confirmed the captcha issue, and verified I fixed it this time. I've also gone ahead and lowered the threshold for verification/moderation from 3 posts to 1. The intention of the verification/captcha check was never to be a test of will to see if you're patient enough to stick around, just a way to stop spam, as we've historically have had large issues with it. Bots would slam the registration page until they finally pass it and then they'd just spam, at least with first post moderation we can remove spam posts and spambots before their posts are even visible. If we've approved your first post, the likelihood of you being a bot is extremely low (and if you are that's a LOT of work just to spam a Touhou forum), so I went ahead and lowered it to 1.

This includes PM rights as well, after your first post you should not have to perform any captchas or clear post moderation before you can PM or post. If you're still getting captcha'ed and you have at least 1 post let me know and I'll work on it. I've verified on my test account with 2 posts I can post/pm.

Sorry about that and thanks for reporting the issue to me!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:32:37 PM by helvetica »

« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2016, 09:54:11 PM »
Thank you very much for your reactivity and thanks to people helping me reporting the issue, wherever you came from.
So I wasn't becoming senile after all. I sincerely hope bots cannot be smart enough to exceed the first post.

In fact, in cases like this one, possibilities of contacting a staff member are extremely low, which can be upsetting. I hope such issues will be as rare as possible and you'd not be forced tu use more drastic solutions. I admit that bots became a real burden over the years, leading us to situations like that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:55:51 PM by Dioxaz »
FM synthesis rocks. My blog.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2016, 10:03:35 PM »
No I understand and it's why I try to be proactive as I can to not cause these kinds of situations to occur, but I admit I should have tested more thoroughly instead of just assuming the lack of complaints meant I fixed it.

« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2016, 10:57:50 PM »
I am the other person in the thread, no longer problems in Registration.  :D

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2016, 01:45:50 AM »
A friend of mine is having some issues with the captcha in registering.

« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2016, 01:53:15 AM »
I apologize for repeating things. It's been a week since ZM posted, so I'm just saying this in case you thought the bug was fixed. Someone I know is also having the same captcha issues as before.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2016, 04:17:15 AM »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Edible

« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2016, 04:41:21 AM »
Can you ask them to:

A) Try a different browser

B) Try copying the field, pasting it into notepad, then copying the data in notepad and pasting it into the captcha field?

« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2016, 04:47:29 AM »
That's probably not going to help considering that the latest new member registered almost 3 full weeks ago...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:50:41 AM by Romantique Tp »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »
Trying to edit the Danmakufu wiki gives a database error.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200