Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80276 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #780 on: January 14, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
> "Don't play games with me, Aya, you know exactly what's wrong with what you do. And lose that hero complex, you did not save anyone's life - I had the situation perfectly under control."
> Phew, we are being pretty dickish. Eh, the tengu had it coming.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #781 on: January 14, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »
> "Don't play games with me, Aya, you know exactly what's wrong with what you do. And lose that hero complex, you did not save anyone's life - I had the situation perfectly under control."
> Phew, we are being pretty dickish. Eh, the tengu had it coming.

>"Keep telling yourself you did," says Aya. "Doesn't that break your heart, Remilia, to hear Patchouli saying she doesn't want people other than herself to help you out? Even in a situation like that, when she might not have even been able to come through for you on her own."
>Remilia is most certainly giving you a look now. "Maybe you should be reconsidering some of your words, just a little bit?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #782 on: January 14, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
> "You think you've got everyone figured out, tengu. After all, you spend your life doing nothing but looking at people, observing their every move, invading their privacy to expose their innermost feelings. Of course you would believe yourself superior to them, those ants crawling about their daily life while you are free to do as you please. Oh, it's a wonderful feeling, at first. But then you feel unsatisfied, incomplete. But you don't go out to fulfill yourself in the company of others. After all, why waste your time on those beneath you? And soon...soon you realise that you are alone, with no friends or allies to stand by you or protect you, and you are lash out with rumormongering and slander at those who do stand together, in a desperate bid for attention."
> Glance at Remilia, then look back at Aya.
> "And that's the crux of the matter, isn't it, tengu? You can't even speak without sensationalising your subject, without your hollow fantasies warping the truth of the matter. So don't you dare speak about my relationship with Remilia with your filthy mouth."
> Slump shoulders. Sound tired.
> "Let's go, Marisa, we're taking her back to the tengu."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #783 on: January 14, 2010, 12:56:57 PM »
> "You think you've got everyone figured out, tengu. After all, you spend your life doing nothing but looking at people, observing their every move, invading their privacy to expose their innermost feelings. Of course you would believe yourself superior to them, those ants crawling about their daily life while you are free to do as you please. Oh, it's a wonderful feeling, at first. But then you feel unsatisfied, incomplete. But you don't go out to fulfill yourself in the company of others. After all, why waste your time on those beneath you? And soon...soon you realise that you are alone, with no friends or allies to stand by you or protect you, and you are lash out with rumormongering and slander at those who do stand together, in a desperate bid for attention."
> Glance at Remilia, then look back at Aya.
> "And that's the crux of the matter, isn't it, tengu? You can't even speak without sensationalising your subject, without your hollow fantasies warping the truth of the matter. So don't you dare speak about my relationship with Remilia with your filthy mouth."
> Slump shoulders. Sound tired.
> "Let's go, Marisa, we're taking her back to the tengu."

>"You think that all up by yourself?" says Aya, as you and Marisa make your way off the roof. "It sounds an awful lot like you're just trying to pin some of your vices on me. The only reason you're calling it sensationalizing is because it makes you look bad. Who's the one that said saving Remilia is worth a cheap mug? And who was saying that taking pictures was akin to burning down a house in comparison? Those weren't my words. You were the one so desperate to make me look bad that you were willing to say them."
>Marisa shifts her grip on Aya, tucking the tengu under one of her arms. In most cases, you wouldn't consider this a rather secure grip. But most cases don't happen to involve Marisa. You doubt Aya is going to wriggle out any time soon; she doesn't even seem to be trying.
>"How did things go with the sun, anyways?" Marisa asks. "I saw it got dark for awhile."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #784 on: January 14, 2010, 03:17:56 PM »
> Glance at Aya. Consider answering. Think better of it.
> Explain to Marisa the whole sun incident.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #785 on: January 14, 2010, 03:28:54 PM »
> Glance at Aya. Consider answering. Think better of it.
> Explain to Marisa the whole sun incident.

>You decide you've exchanged enough words with Aya. It would be terribly embarrassing if you said something poorly and got made a fool of in front of Marisa again.
>You detail the whole fiasco with the sun along the trip to tengu town. Both Marisa and Aya listen with some attention as you describe the rocket that Nitori made, your trip up to the sun, the encounter with Yuka, and the aftermath of talking Reimu off the warpath and getting Utsuho to replace the old sun. You tell the last part as you pass Nitori's warehouse, presently closed, and note a sheet of plywood has been put over the hole Utsuho made in the roof when she crashed back down to earth.
>Reaching tengu town, you see there is a light on in the jail.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #786 on: January 14, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
> Knock on the door of the jail.
> "We've got a runaway crow with us, I assume you want her back?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #787 on: January 14, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »
> Knock on the door of the jail.
> "We've got a runaway crow with us, I assume you want her back?"

>The door opens, and a wide-eyed Momiji peeks out. "...Well I'll be," she says, "You actually caught her. I was thinking it was going to take weeks to flush out her new hideaway."
>Marisa places Aya back in her cell, leaving the tengu to sit on her bunk and mope like before.
>"I sure owe you one," says Momiji. "Thanks a lot! Um, do you have her camera? We'll need to keep it as evidence, and it's her possession and everything."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #788 on: January 14, 2010, 04:53:16 PM »
> Hand over the camera.
> "There's some new... evidence on there. Make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #789 on: January 14, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
> Hand over the camera.
> "There's some new... evidence on there. Make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands."

>"Oh!" says Momiji, blushing. "Of course. Of course. We don't let any of that kind of thing out. Trust us. We've been on the receiving end before..."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2010, 05:17:19 PM »
> Feel a bit disappointed that the very latest photographs won't be available to the public for a while. Oh well, we were there in person, and that's better than any photograph.
> "Thanks, Momiji, good luck with her."
> Leave the jail.
> "Thank you, Marisa. I wouldn't have been able to catch her without your help."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
> Feel a bit disappointed that the very latest photographs won't be available to the public for a while. Oh well, we were there in person, and that's better than any photograph.
> "Thanks, Momiji, good luck with her."
> Leave the jail.
> "Thank you, Marisa. I wouldn't have been able to catch her without your help."

>"Thank you both very much!" says Momiji, waving as you leave.
>"Things were a bit rocky," says Marisa, "But we got the important parts taken care, didn't we?" She grins.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2010, 06:18:25 PM »
> ~*hugz*~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #793 on: January 14, 2010, 06:33:04 PM »
> ~*hugz*~

>You decide if you can't hug someone after bringing in a fugitive, you might as well give up on the concept of hugs entirely. You hug Marisa. "Ah, don't worry about it, Patchy," she says as she returns the gesture, thankfully with a great more gentleness than the handshake from before.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #794 on: January 14, 2010, 06:38:12 PM »
>Ask her when a good time to work on non spell card danmaku would be.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2010, 06:45:37 PM »
>Ask her when a good time to work on non spell card danmaku would be.

>"I'll come by tomorrow afternoon," says Marisa.

>_

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #796 on: January 14, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »
>Go back to the SDM and read a good book.

The five magic rolling stones

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #797 on: January 14, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
>Go back to the SDM and read a good book.

>It's time to go home. You part from Marisa, feeling rather good from those last few moments, and return to your nice warm library as it is getting nippy out here.
>Returning without incident, you tear into a book certain specifics of water magic, portrayed as a philosophical conversation between a thaumaturge and a water entity. It is enlightening, but soon you feel too weary to properly concentrate on the pages. You decide to retire for the evening, and fall asleep moments after your head hits the pillows.
>You awaken the next day, feeling quite a great deal better for the rest. Curiously enough, you can still breath as easily as ever. Perhaps Kanako is especially pleased with some of your work? Looking out the window, you see that the grounds are buried under a couple inches of snow. Making your way toward the library, you are pleased to see that the maids have gotten the fire lit and tea on the table. It does not take long to find out why; you soon hear Remilia shouting orders from down the hall. It seems she'll be filling in for Sakuya for now. This aside, things are pleasantly peaceful and restful. You hear Flandre playing with her new puppy in the halls all throughout the day. Every so often, you look outside and get a glimpse of Meiling making snowmen outside, while keeping an eye on the gates.
>If Remilia remembers the conversation from yesterday at all, she shows no indication of it. Whether she has simply forgotten it, which is is apt to do with undesirable things or simply stored it away for a later guilting, you do not know. But you quickly forget it all yourself.
>Around midafternoon, you nearly have a heart attack when Yuka strides into the library.
>Thankfully, she has only come for tea, as is custom after an incident. She doesn't seem to hold much of a grudge for yesterday's events, though she is a little disappointed that your spellcards were destroyed, thus preventing her from claiming the ones she overwhelmed. This aside, conversation is rather pleasant, if decidedly botanical. You try to prod the secret of the mirrored flowers from her, but she only annoying hints that they were a breed she had been working on for some time. You decide not to mention the flowers you sold to Rinnosuke.
>Later that evening, Marisa arrives with another armload of books. After shelving them away; and you are surprised to see that only a few of them are yours; the two of you spend some time together working on a new formula to replace your lost Non-Directional Laser. It is a pleasant evening indeed, to say the least.
>The next day, Sakuya finally awakens; you are the first to find her when you see her staggering down the stairs as you make a trip to the kitchen. You help her to the kitdhen, and a meal is quickly prepared for her as you explain some of the things than happened since she she collapsed. Sakuya seems rather mortified her efforts weren't enough to advance things to sunset directly, and is surprisingly thankful that you were able to hold things down with her. She is also caught quite off guard when the basset hound puppy enters the kitchen and woofs at her. Then she scoops it up in her arms and cuddles it with display of affection that you honestly didn't suspect she was capable of. Who knew that Sakuya had a weakness for dogs?
>Things between the two of you are definitely less frosty as the day goes on. She even brings you some coffee with lunch later that day.
>Marisa comes again, then time bearing a letter for you. Opening it, you find two letters, both written in florid script. You start to read one.
>Dear Patchouli,
>I hope this message finds you well! Things have been quite peaceful since we parted ways. I was afraid there might have been some lingering effects from that battle, but it seems that everything is okay. Although, I don't mind saying I got some very frank stares when I passed through the village on my way home! Such is the way of things. I have enclosed a little something that I think will interest you greatly.
>Yours, Yuyuko Saigyouji
>P.S. Youmu is still absolutely furious after that trick you played on her. I think it's rather cute, myself.
>You check the other letter. Though written in Yuyuko's handwritten, you quickly come to suspect she only recorded it
>Hey Patchy! Everything worked out, and it's all thanks to you! The Yama had a hell of a time figuring out what to do with me. I had done all sorts of bad things and good things, but none of them ever happened! I almost made her start cursing in frustration when her mirror would would at all. In the end, it was decided since I didn't actually do anything, I couldn't really be damned; apparently what I went through was close enough. But since I had all these thoughts and sorta-karma, I couldn't really just reincarnate. So she sent me to Hakugyokurou to dry out for awhile until I'm ready. And I really lucked out, since Yuyuko apparently made it a mission to find me and make sure everything's okay. I think she's actually breaking some laws writing all this down for you. Anyways, I'm good. And I owe you like twenty. Thanks a lot, I mean it. I told the Yama she better give you all kinds of extra credit for that.
>Jeff.
>That certainly left you with some warm fuzzies.
>The next day, you recieve an official-looking letter. Opening it up, you find a dryly-letter with an official-looking seal, thanking you for apprehending Aya. Included with it is 500☼. After some debate, you decide to split the reward with Marisa and Remilia. Remilia refuses her share, as well you'd expect, but you know she'd be furious if you didn't offer.
>A couple weeks later, Koakuma returns! She is suspiciously tan. Upon inquiry, it seems she spent her vacation on the banks of the Sanzu River, enjoying the sun, until the heat broke. Then she spent most of it loafing around on in the Ancient City.
>Your library is dry as a bone, Marisa visits you every day now. Sakuya and you seem to have buried the hatchet. You have the quiet knowledge that you managed to save the day, and save a poor sap who got in over his head. Flandre's as happy you've seen her; and Remilia has a new toy to cackle over on top of that. It's also kinda sweet to have the dog, whom Flandre has still not named, shuffle into the library and lie down on your feet. Life in the mansion is good. At one point, you send a letter to Satori, asking about the Prismrivers. Soon you get a reply, learning that she has put them to work cleaning up some of the more neglected parts of the Palace of the Earth Spirits. She also gives you a few pages worth of suggestions for raising a dog. Apparently they really like to have their meals served on a plate. In short, life is good.
>
>You have gotten a Happy End!
>
>Credits:
>Original Inspiration: TranceHime
>Programming, Music, Graphic Design, Typos, Database Errors: Purvis Hobotech
>Story: All of us!
>See you next quest!

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #798 on: January 14, 2010, 08:50:52 PM »
>Shut down Z-Machine

The five magic rolling stones

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #799 on: January 14, 2010, 10:52:52 PM »
>check special features for any unlocks about alternative routes or missed endings
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #800 on: January 14, 2010, 10:54:13 PM »
>Check completion percentage.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #801 on: January 14, 2010, 10:58:16 PM »
>Shut down Z-Machine

>You ain't got the stones.

>check special features for any unlocks about alternative routes or missed endings

>Specials:
>Sound test
>Q&A
>Turkish Release Details - CANCELED

>Check completion percentage.

>Oh man, I wasn't counting. Uh...132%? Yeah, that's good enough.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #802 on: January 14, 2010, 11:01:04 PM »
>Activate Sound Test
>Activate Q&A

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #803 on: January 14, 2010, 11:06:05 PM »
>Activate Sound Test
>Activate Q&A

>Sound Test
>Name an ingame BGM, and it shall be played.
>Q&A
>Ask, and maybe you shall get an answer~

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #804 on: January 14, 2010, 11:07:54 PM »
>Medicine's battle theme
>Who are you?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #805 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »
>How long did Patchy Quest take to plan?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #806 on: January 14, 2010, 11:15:04 PM »
>Medicine's battle theme
>Who are you?

>Medicine's Battle theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzbvdzhtVqw
>I'm a parser. Why are you asking this, a parser is simply a delivery tool.

>How long did Patchy Quest take to plan?

>The basic plan was made over the course of time before the game was started. Side things, like Jeff's quest, were backgroundish things that were kinda planned upon, but not really built up until interest in Jeff demanded something come of it. Other things were more spur of the moment, such as Secret Collect. The planning for Reisen Quest began on about day two or three of Patchy Quest, before you ask.

« Reply #807 on: January 14, 2010, 11:23:09 PM »
> Is there a backup of the start of Barren Path somewhere? The original topic appears to be missing...

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #808 on: January 14, 2010, 11:23:47 PM »
> Had you written any endings ahead of time?
>> If so, how many endings were possible?
> Would it have been possible to die?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #809 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »
>BGM: Remilia Vs. Youmu
>BGM: Oh god Utsuho is going to kill us
>BGM: Lets punch Yuka in the face!
>What were the inspirations for all these small quirks you added to characters?
>When did you finally cave in on the Jeff quest?