Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80256 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #720 on: January 13, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »
>aside from her generally doing that to everyone all the time, of course
>"Regardless of that, thank you for your help with the map."
>consider quest: Doll Rebellion in G Minor
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #721 on: January 13, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »
>Wait, what?
>Also, why add another quest? We're almost done with all our quests.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #722 on: January 13, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »

> Well, someone's gotta make a stand. Considering what we've done and been through, we're a pretty good candidate for this.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #723 on: January 13, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
> Darken our expression.
> "She...saw things she shouldn't have. She took pictures. This is a matter of revenge, Marisa. Payback."

>"Yeah, but she does that to everyone," says Marisa.

>"Regardless of that, thank you for your help with the map."
>consider quest: Doll Rebellion in G Minor

>"I'm always happy to help out with little things," says Marisa. "Can't let shrine maidens be the only do gooders, you know"
>You consider another quest, but decide it'd probably be better to fob that off on the next sap that comes along. And someone will come along, it comes with being in charge of the largest library in Gensokyo.

>Wait, what?
>Also, why add another quest? We're almost done with all our quests.

>What what?

> Well, someone's gotta make a stand. Considering what we've done and been through, we're a pretty good candidate for this.

>"Anyways," says Marisa, "I suppose if you have a plan, we can try to bring Aya back in."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #724 on: January 13, 2010, 03:27:05 PM »
> "Great. We'll also need Byakuren and Remilia. I hope we can get them both, but it's Byakuren it really hangs off for that particular part. Your part in this plan, Marisa, is to look twice as amazing as you usually do. Do you think you could pull that off?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #725 on: January 13, 2010, 03:35:56 PM »
> "Great. We'll also need Byakuren and Remilia. I hope we can get them both, but it's Byakuren it really hangs off for that particular part. Your part in this plan, Marisa, is to look twice as amazing as you usually do. Do you think you could pull that off?"

>"That's asking for a lot," says Marisa. "It's not easy being amazing all the time as it is. But I'll see what I can come up with."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #726 on: January 13, 2010, 03:47:32 PM »
> Give Marisa the double thumbs-up and go to Remilia's. Ask her about participating in our little project.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #727 on: January 13, 2010, 03:50:28 PM »
> Give Marisa the double thumbs-up and go to Remilia's. Ask her about participating in our little project.

>You go up to visit Remilia, and find her much as you left her before. "Ah, you're visiting me so much these days," she says, "we're just afraid we'll get used to it."
>You ask her for help. Remilia frowns. "Well, it wouldn't be a problem to remind that crow of her place. What do you need me for, exactly?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #728 on: January 13, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »
> "While she's distracted, I would like you to tackle her, grapple her, anything you can to get her off-balance so that she isn't able to run away again for a few seconds. I hope to ask Byakuren to use her Superhuman spellcards to speed you up even faster than you already are, just in case something goes wrong."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #729 on: January 13, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »
> "While she's distracted, I would like you to tackle her, grapple her, anything you can to get her off-balance so that she isn't able to run away again for a few seconds. I hope to ask Byakuren to use her Superhuman spellcards to speed you up even faster than you already are, just in case something goes wrong."

>"Eh," says Remilia. "There's no way we'd trust the spells of a cheesy saint like that. Shouldn't need it, anyways."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #730 on: January 13, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
> Rassum frassum Remilia, she'll bring us down with her hubris. Oh well.
> "As you want, Remilia. I'm starting to think that Byakuren might object to us beating Aya with a sack of oranges, plus, she's quite far away, and I don't want to do much more walking. In that case, the plan is simple - Marisa attracts and distracts Aya, you get her, then we all beat her. If you're ready, we should get started right away, before it gets too late and she goes to sleep, or something."
> Find Sack of Oranges in SDM's kitchen or pantry. Find one more empty sack, then distribute the oranges between them evenly. Make sure we can swing our sack comfortably. If Oranges aren't available, any other citrus fruit will work, or bars of soap.
> Gather Marisa and Remilia on the roof of the Mansion. Set up some nice lighting for Marisa.
> "Okay Marisa. Your show will attract Aya, I just know it. When she shows up, Remilia will tackle her, and then you hold her down while Remilia and I beat her. Now, do your thing, and good luck!"
> Hide somewhere with Remilia, sacks at the ready, waiting for the crow. Hope she shows up. Then again, it's not like this will be a boring wait - we should enjoy the spectacle that is Marisa while we have the chance.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #731 on: January 13, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »
> Rassum frassum Remilia, she'll bring us down with her hubris. Oh well.
> "As you want, Remilia. I'm starting to think that Byakuren might object to us beating Aya with a sack of oranges, plus, she's quite far away, and I don't want to do much more walking. In that case, the plan is simple - Marisa attracts and distracts Aya, you get her, then we all beat her. If you're ready, we should get started right away, before it gets too late and she goes to sleep, or something."
> Find Sack of Oranges in SDM's kitchen or pantry. Find one more empty sack, then distribute the oranges between them evenly. Make sure we can swing our sack comfortably. If Oranges aren't available, any other citrus fruit will work, or bars of soap.
> Gather Marisa and Remilia on the roof of the Mansion. Set up some nice lighting for Marisa.
> "Okay Marisa. Your show will attract Aya, I just know it. When she shows up, Remilia will tackle her, and then you hold her down while Remilia and I beat her. Now, do your thing, and good luck!"
> Hide somewhere with Remilia, sacks at the ready, waiting for the crow. Hope she shows up. Then again, it's not like this will be a boring wait - we should enjoy the spectacle that is Marisa while we have the chance.

>You gather up Marisa and Remilia, and find a nice spot on the roof to let Marisa do her thing. Thankfully, for a well-stocked kitchen like the Scarlet Devil Mansion's, a sack of oranges is not that hard to come by.
>You end up selecting the roof where Youmu and Remilia had their showdown. Given the full moon, it is fairly bright out as it is, so you decide that extra lighting is not needed. A few of the maids, now that Sakuya isn't around to keep them in line, quickly catch wind of this plan by simple observation, and soon the whole staff crowds around outside to watch. Flandre also comes outside, but she seems to be much more interested in playing fetch with her puppy. The dog does also cause a stir among the maids.
>You are now left with a decision: Where to hide?
>The roof itself is terrible for hiding, though you could try to crouch behind a gargoyle. But if you pull it off, you could get right in Aya's face.
>Remilia's chamber would give you a excellent view of the proceedings and the broken window would allow for easy egress, but it is far away from Marisa and might take too long to get to Aya.
>You could hide around the old fountain on the far side of the mansion. Aya is least likely to notice you here of any place outside, but it would also be hardest to reach her if she's paying attention to the show.
>The grounds near the wing whose roof Marisa has claimed has a few hedgerows and statues you could hide behind, but if Aya comes up from behind, she'll spot you.
>You could try to hide among the crowd of maids, but if Aya pays them any attention, you would be picked out rather quickly. If she doesn't, you imagine she'd get rather close to you.
>Meiling's Guard Station would conceal you perfectly, but you'd have a hard time seeing Aya coming, and you'd be moderately far away from the show.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #732 on: January 13, 2010, 05:18:05 PM »
> If we hide amongst the maids, not only are we very close to the action, but also have the highest plausible deniability factor, meaning Aya might not get suspicious even if she spots us - after all, we could be just observing the show. Also, the crowd would only direct her attention towards what the crowd is looking at, it's a genetic trait in reporters, obviously.
> Hide in plain sight, amongst the maids.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #733 on: January 13, 2010, 05:22:56 PM »
>Seems like a sound idea...but...do you think we have time to change into a maid outfit to blend in better?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #734 on: January 13, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
> If we hide amongst the maids, not only are we very close to the action, but also have the highest plausible deniability factor, meaning Aya might not get suspicious even if she spots us - after all, we could be just observing the show. Also, the crowd would only direct her attention towards what the crowd is looking at, it's a genetic trait in reporters, obviously.
> Hide in plain sight, amongst the maids.

>Seems like a sound idea...but...do you think we have time to change into a maid outfit to blend in better?

>You contemplate things. The real question would be whether there is one that would fit. The faeries stuff is right out, and Sakuya is taller than you. And if you did that, you would lose the advantage of plausible deniability. Also, there would be the aspect of convincing Remilia to do it...

>_

Fightest

« Reply #735 on: January 13, 2010, 05:37:01 PM »
> Yeah, don't bother changing. If anyone's gonna be noticed, it'll be us, as our clothing colours stick out like a sore thumb. Remilia might blend in reasonably well anyway, with her white clothes and short stature (don't tell her we said that last part).

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #736 on: January 13, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
>wish we had a tranquilizer injector to arm Marisa with
>fairies probably are the best idea; in fact, plausible-deniability the sack of oranges by leaving it 'idle' and munching on one while waiting for the action. But keep ready!
>then again, This Patchu is not known for speed or endurance, and Kanako's blessing must be fading to some degree by now.
>what would camouflage with the gargoyles? Then again, I guess it'd be a moot point without removing the hat, which is unacceptable...
>schmooze the fairies. Consider recruiting one!
>does Remilia have to hide in the same place? Not only is she faster, but she has her own plausible deniability if stationed in her own room. She'd just have to bear to wait for the right moment without being grandiose rather than actually making use of the element of surprise, which is difficult to prevent no matter where she waits.

« Reply #737 on: January 13, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »
No, no maid outfit. Our best bet if we're going it plausible deniability would be to gather up Flandre, Remilia and Shvan and sit in the front row, as if we invited Marisa for the purpose of entertaining the mansion on the roof during a full moon. This also gives us the best chance of Ambushing Aya while she's taking a close up shot, and thus distracted. We might also want to invite Meiling up for this, since we don't want her doing her job for this mission.

Also, we should have just went with Shvan, rather than giving dog name suggestions of our own.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #738 on: January 13, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
No, no maid outfit. Our best bet if we're going it plausible deniability would be to gather up Flandre, Remilia and Shvan and sit in the front row, as if we invited Marisa for the purpose of entertaining the mansion on the roof during a full moon. This also gives us the best chance of Ambushing Aya while she's taking a close up shot, and thus distracted. We might also want to invite Meiling up for this, since we don't want her doing her job for this mission.

Also, we should have just went with Shvan, rather than giving dog name suggestions of our own.

>remind selves of input method errors. Bemoan forgetfulness.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #739 on: January 13, 2010, 06:05:01 PM »
> Yeah, don't bother changing. If anyone's gonna be noticed, it'll be us, as our clothing colours stick out like a sore thumb. Remilia might blend in reasonably well anyway, with her white clothes and short stature (don't tell her we said that last part).

>Never mention Remilia is short if you even think she might be able to hear it.

>wish we had a tranquilizer injector to arm Marisa with
>fairies probably are the best idea; in fact, plausible-deniability the sack of oranges by leaving it 'idle' and munching on one while waiting for the action. But keep ready!
>then again, This Patchu is not known for speed or endurance, and Kanako's blessing must be fading to some degree by now.
>what would camouflage with the gargoyles? Then again, I guess it'd be a moot point without removing the hat, which is unacceptable...
>schmooze the fairies. Consider recruiting one!
>does Remilia have to hide in the same place? Not only is she faster, but she has her own plausible deniability if stationed in her own room. She'd just have to bear to wait for the right moment without being grandiose rather than actually making use of the element of surprise, which is difficult to prevent no matter where she waits.

>You don't know how long you expect Kanako's Blessing to last, but it seems to be holding up so far. You can be reasonably speedy in bursts, just that your lack of endurance quickly catches up to you.
>You could separate from Remilia, but then you also leave when to strike up to someone who is fairly impulsive.

>remind selves of input method errors. Bemoan forgetfulness.

>Who the what now?

>_

Fightest

« Reply #740 on: January 13, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »
> Keep Remi with us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #741 on: January 13, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »
> Keep Remi with us.

>You decide not to let Remilia get away from you.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #742 on: January 13, 2010, 06:43:53 PM »
> Let Marisa do her thing. Watch around surreptitiously for crow tengu, making sure Remilia does the same.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #743 on: January 13, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »
> Let Marisa do her thing. Watch around surreptitiously for crow tengu, making sure Remilia does the same.

>The show gets underway! Marisa waves to the crowd, flexes, and it becomes very difficult to have any kind of conversation for all of the cheering, hooting, and various calls.
>You enjoy the show, while trying to keep vigilant. This is the best idea you've ever had.
>Some time passes. As Marisa picks lifts up one of the gargoyles, you see a flash in the distance opposite of where you are standing. You are forced to admit that you weren't being that vigilant.
>"There she is," says Remilia, as she spreads her wings. "Watch this..."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #744 on: January 13, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
> How far away is Aya? Is she within the mansion's grounds? Is it likely that Marisa can get there in one bound? If not, then put our hand on Remilia's shoulder, and quietly shake our head.
> Mouth, "not yet."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #745 on: January 13, 2010, 08:15:08 PM »
> How far away is Aya? Is she within the mansion's grounds? Is it likely that Marisa can get there in one bound? If not, then put our hand on Remilia's shoulder, and quietly shake our head.
> Mouth, "not yet."

>You cannot immediately tell, so you put your hand on Remilia's shoulder and suggest she stay put for now. She clearly doesn't like this, but she acquiesces.
>You examine the skyline, and see that Aya is still some distance away. It seems she is getting pictures of the crow in general, before closing in on Marisa. But as it stands, she is on the other side of the grounds from you right now.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #746 on: January 13, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »
> Waaaaaait for it....

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #747 on: January 13, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
> Waaaaaait for it....

>You wait.
>Aya draws closer to Marisa now, hovering opposite of the crowd and taking a few closer up pictures. Noticing the camera, Marisa poses for it with the gargoyle she just liberated from its sconce.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #748 on: January 13, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »
> Waaaaaaaaait for it... (though not too much, try to gauge Aya's body language to see if she starts getting bored)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #749 on: January 13, 2010, 09:05:42 PM »
> Waaaaaaaaait for it... (though not too much, try to gauge Aya's body language to see if she starts getting bored)

>You keep patient, and tighten your hand against Remilia's shoulder as she starts to move again.
>Aya does not seem particularly bored, yet. As it stands, she is moving about, getting different angles of photographs.
>Aya flies over the crowd now, taking a few rear shots.

>_

>