Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80270 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #690 on: January 12, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »
> Gather up courage
> A lot of courage
> "...Actually Marisa?  If you're going to store your books here, there's something I'd like back..."
> COME ON PATCHY!
> "...my non-directional laser"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #691 on: January 12, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »
>Or we could wait until she leaves and look to see if its in the chest.
>Then, we copy and or steal it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #692 on: January 12, 2010, 08:32:07 PM »
> Gather up courage
> A lot of courage
> "...Actually Marisa?  If you're going to store your books here, there's something I'd like back..."
> COME ON PATCHY!
> "...my non-directional laser"

>Marisa frowns. "Well...I guess. But I've gotten really attached to it. Are you sure you need it back that badly?"

>Or we could wait until she leaves and look to see if its in the chest.
>Then, we copy and or steal it.

>You doubt she'd just leave it around. ...You really really hope she wouldn't just leave it around.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #693 on: January 12, 2010, 08:37:55 PM »
> "After the events of today, I realize how important it is to have a non-spellcard danmaku.  I'd like to have that back since I'm used to it."
> Is there a way to learn new non-spellcard danmaku?
>> If it's possible: "Or maybe you could help me get a new one, one that doesn't belong to someone else."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #694 on: January 12, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
> "After the events of today, I realize how important it is to have a non-spellcard danmaku.  I'd like to have that back since I'm used to it."
> Is there a way to learn new non-spellcard danmaku?
>> If it's possible: "Or maybe you could help me get a new one, one that doesn't belong to someone else."

>It's possible, just time consuming like most magical things tend to be. You've never really needed to until today, though you'd periodically lament the theft. It also bothers you to be using something that someone else is using; although Yuka apparently doesn't have this problem.
>"Well...maybe I could," says Marisa. "I've never really worked on a big project like that before with someone else."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #695 on: January 12, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »
> "Well, it's a bit to big to take on alone, and the help would be most welcome.  It'd be nice to work together with you again."
> Try not to swoon
> Extend your hand
> "Can I count on your help?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #696 on: January 12, 2010, 08:59:46 PM »
> "Well, it's a bit to big to take on alone, and the help would be most welcome.  It'd be nice to work together with you again."
> Try not to swoon
> Extend your hand
> "Can I count on your help?"

>Marisa nods and takes your hand. "I'd be delighted!"
>...Oh god, you think your feeling bones pop out of place...

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #697 on: January 12, 2010, 09:02:53 PM »
> Mukyu loudly, half in pain and half out of joy, while pulling your hand back

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #698 on: January 12, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
> Mukyu loudly, half in pain and half out of joy, while pulling your hand back

>You mukyu and free your hand. Thankfully, Marisa lets go. You massage your poor hand, and decide it was worth it. Working with Marisa all throughout winter~

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #699 on: January 12, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
> Examine hand and confirm that it isn't actually broken.
> Examine quests

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #700 on: January 12, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
> Examine hand and confirm that it isn't actually broken.
> Examine quests

>You are pretty sure your hand is alright. Just feels like it was put in a vice.
>Your current quests are:
>Making Amends
>Get a Map of Gensokyo
>Reunite the Prismrivers
>Now it is Personal
>You note that you've met all the obligations others have asked of you. All of these things are quests you vowed to take on your own.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #701 on: January 12, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »
> Examine "Now it is Personal"
> What time is it and how tired are we?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #702 on: January 12, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »
> Examine "Now it is Personal"
> What time is it and how tired are we?

>Now it is Personal
>You have vowed revenge against a certain Tengu for making a fool of you.
>It is a little before 9 PM. You are moderately tired, but you still have some energy left in you. Likely, though, you're not going to bother with going out and doing much of anything tomorrow or the next few days. Or weeks. It's been a week since your could use the library properly, and the only reason you really started roving about was due to being stir-crazy. You fully intend to make up for lost time, and then some, unless a proper Incident arises.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #703 on: January 12, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
> Well, we got the Prismriver sisters together for now, and Sakuya is pretty passed out, so that only leaves the other two.
> Ask Marisa if she'd be able to help us get a (current) map of Gensokyo, or to get Aya.
> Oh crap, Suika still has that paper stuck through her horn.

« Reply #704 on: January 12, 2010, 09:35:21 PM »
> Ask Marisa if she'd be able to help us get a (current) map of Gensokyo
>First, try to recall if we already have a reasonably recent map of Gensokyo in the library. If that is the case, no need to bother Marisa about it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #705 on: January 12, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »
> Well, we got the Prismriver sisters together for now, and Sakuya is pretty passed out, so that only leaves the other two.
> Ask Marisa if she'd be able to help us get a (current) map of Gensokyo, or to get Aya.
> Oh crap, Suika still has that paper stuck through her horn.

>You imagine it'll take some time for the Prismrivers to really reunite. And things with Sakuya are going to be on hold for awhile.
>"I don't have a map," says Marisa, "But I've been lots of places! I can tell you how to get pretty much anywhere that anyone knows about. Why do you care about Aya? Let the tengu catch her again, they're the ones who let her get loose in the first place."
>Suika may well have that note stuck to her, still. You would not be surprised if she's still where you left her last time.

>First, try to recall if we already have a reasonably recent map of Gensokyo in the library. If that is the case, no need to bother Marisa about it.

>No you do not. At the very least, they wouldn't have mention of Eientei, the Moriya Shrine, or the Underground. And probably have a couple things that no longer exist.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #706 on: January 12, 2010, 09:52:22 PM »
>Ask Marisa to help you draw up a current map of Gensokyo
>What places that no longer exist?
>Remind self to finish things with Sakuya/Prismrivers/Aya tomorrow, and then stay inside for a while.
>Examine remaining quests.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #707 on: January 12, 2010, 09:59:33 PM »
>Ask Marisa to help you draw up a current map of Gensokyo
>What places that no longer exist?
>Remind self to finish things with Sakuya/Prismrivers/Aya tomorrow, and then stay inside for a while.
>Examine remaining quests.

>"I can't draw very well," says Marisa, "But I can show you where things are."
>You aren't sure, they no longer exist. But you're pretty sure there used to be something on the hill Medicine lives on.
>You ponder it, and discard it immediately. Tomorrow is prime reading time, and you have catching up to do. If it's that important, someone else can deal with it.
>Your Current Quests are:
>Making Amends
>Get a Map of Gensokyo
>Reunite the Prismrivers
>Now it is Personal

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #708 on: January 12, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
>Fiiiine, we'll complete it.
>Go find an old map of Gensokyo, and get Marisa to point out stuff we should change.
>I said EXAMINE quests. Not check.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #709 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
> Sakuya won't be awake again before tomorrow, so remove "Making Amends" from Quests.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #710 on: January 12, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »
> Sakuya won't be awake again before tomorrow, so remove "Making Amends" from Quests.
>In a similar manner, the Prismriver's reuniting will also take more time then just today, so that should be removed as well. We've set them on the right path in both cases, at least.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #711 on: January 12, 2010, 10:34:44 PM »
>Well, since we've technically completed both of those... think of a plan to recapture Aya while working on the map, since that's the very last quest to do. <.>

Toasty

« Reply #712 on: January 13, 2010, 01:22:13 AM »
>Put plan to have aya draw map and then get her captured into action. Marisa might enjoy it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #713 on: January 13, 2010, 06:51:09 AM »
>Fiiiine, we'll complete it.
>Go find an old map of Gensokyo, and get Marisa to point out stuff we should change.
>I said EXAMINE quests. Not check.

>You get an old map out, and start going over it with Marisa. Not wanting to deface an old document, you quickly set about to sketching out a new map. You are able to add quite a few things yourself just from what you have seen today. Marisa adds the locations of the Nameless Mound, the Sanzu River, and a few other minor things. Soon, you have a reasonably complete map. The scale is a bit questionable, and artistic quality is lacking, but it is still quite serviceable. This would probably be pretty valuable, except that no one seems to care enough to actually make one before you did.
>You obtain: Crude Map of Gensokyo.

>In a similar manner, the Prismriver's reuniting will also take more time then just today, so that should be removed as well. We've set them on the right path in both cases, at least.

>You decide you've done all you reasonably can be expected to do right now. Later on, you'll check up on them again.

>Well, since we've technically completed both of those... think of a plan to recapture Aya while working on the map, since that's the very last quest to do. <.>

>Put plan to have aya draw map and then get her captured into action. Marisa might enjoy it.

>You ponder out how to recapture Aya. There are a few definite problems to consider. Firstly is the fact that she is significantly faster than you, and seems to have no trouble with running away when she smells trouble. After that is the fact that you are disarmed at the moment, so subduing her via spellcards is right out if you could make her stay still. She's also clearly a bit wary of you, given the circumstances, so trying to ask her to do something is probably right out. All in all, it's not a pretty situation. You wonder how they caught her the first time?

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #714 on: January 13, 2010, 07:35:31 AM »
> As I said, we need Byakuren and Remilia, but that involves walking about some more, and this voice doesn't know if we're up to it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #715 on: January 13, 2010, 08:11:21 AM »
> As I said, we need Byakuren and Remilia, but that involves walking about some more, and this voice doesn't know if we're up to it.

>The night's still young. You can certainly travel around a bit more. And worse comes to worst, you can push it a bit.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #716 on: January 13, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »
> Well, no other quests are higher priority now, so let's ask Marisa:
> "Marisa, I hate to ask so many favours of you, but could you assist me in another project? It's a short one that should yield results quickly and be very satisfying if successful. The aim of the project is to hunt down Aya, catch her, and beat her about the kidneys with a sack of oranges. Oh, and turn her back in to the tengu, I guess."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #717 on: January 13, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
> Well, no other quests are higher priority now, so let's ask Marisa:
> "Marisa, I hate to ask so many favours of you, but could you assist me in another project? It's a short one that should yield results quickly and be very satisfying if successful. The aim of the project is to hunt down Aya, catch her, and beat her about the kidneys with a sack of oranges. Oh, and turn her back in to the tengu, I guess."

>"I still don't see why you care so much about Aya," says Marisa, "It's the tengu's fault she got away. Let them run themsleves silly again trying to catch her."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #718 on: January 13, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »
>The map is basically complete; can we cross that off our quests?

Fightest

« Reply #719 on: January 13, 2010, 11:38:35 AM »
>"I still don't see why you care so much about Aya," says Marisa, "It's the tengu's fault she got away. Let them run themsleves silly again trying to catch her."

>_

> Darken our expression.
> "She...saw things she shouldn't have. She took pictures. This is a matter of revenge, Marisa. Payback."