Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80294 times)

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #600 on: January 10, 2010, 06:11:13 PM »
>Ponder where to get a sunflower really quickly, perhaps in 5 seconds. Think about asking satori?

The five magic rolling stones

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #601 on: January 10, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »
>Ponder where to get a sunflower really quickly, perhaps in 5 seconds. Think about asking satori?

>It is late fall. You would probably have to ask Yuka to provide you with one, and she most certainly will not be inclined to do you any favors. Finding one within seconds would be impossible.

>_

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #602 on: January 10, 2010, 06:55:46 PM »
>Oh. Then talk about the time when the prismrivers had loads of fun performing a concert in a sunflower field. Bring back happy memories.

The five magic rolling stones

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #603 on: January 10, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »
>Oh. Then talk about the time when the prismrivers had loads of fun performing a concert in a sunflower field. Bring back happy memories.

>You mention one of their previous concerts, in hopes of triggering some happy memories.
>"Yeah, I remember that," says Lyrica, while petting one of the many cats lurking around the Palace of the Earth Spirits. "It was okay, I guess."

>_

« Reply #604 on: January 10, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
>"It's safe to say you all had fun, right?"
>Wait for them all to nod. If no objections appear, continue with the following
>"Now, be honest with me. Since you three have split up, how much fun have you had?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #605 on: January 10, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
>"It's safe to say you all had fun, right?"
>Wait for them all to nod. If no objections appear, continue with the following
>"Now, be honest with me. Since you three have split up, how much fun have you had?"

>They do nod.
>"Well...trying to get a debut together was rough," says Lyrica. "But it'll all go great now!"
>"I tried to hate Shou hard enough to give her a headache, once..." says Merlin.
>"Cirno and I have fun..." says Lunasa. "But I'm not very good at being hardcore."
>"Sure you are!" Cirno says. "We're a team!"

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #606 on: January 10, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »
> "Look, you three..."
> Pause, glance at Cirno. Her being here is a bit awkward.
>  "I would love to take the time to speak to you individually, to really think things through, but it will ultimately come down to one realisation - you are sisters, and share a deep bond. Of course this closeness will sometimes irritate you, but if you're honest with your feelings and are willing to explain them to each other, the I promise that the love you had for each other will come back."
> Spread arms in an encouraging gesture.
> "Of course, a new direction for each of you might help things along, so, please, try my suggestion. Right here, right now. You are wonderful musicians, and your music is imbued with your feelings. So, go wild with your music, each of you, and see where it takes everyone."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #607 on: January 10, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
> "Look, you three..."
> Pause, glance at Cirno. Her being here is a bit awkward.
>  "I would love to take the time to speak to you individually, to really think things through, but it will ultimately come down to one realisation - you are sisters, and share a deep bond. Of course this closeness will sometimes irritate you, but if you're honest with your feelings and are willing to explain them to each other, the I promise that the love you had for each other will come back."
> Spread arms in an encouraging gesture.
> "Of course, a new direction for each of you might help things along, so, please, try my suggestion. Right here, right now. You are wonderful musicians, and your music is imbued with your feelings. So, go wild with your music, each of you, and see where it takes everyone."

>You have to say one thing. Satori's many pets may have many faults, until to and including periodic apocalyptic urges, but they certainly aren't fools. They vacate the premises very quickly as the Prismrivers go for their various instruments, and immediately start going into a three raucous solos that do not blend well together at all. Quite frankly, it makes you feel like you forgot to close your eyes before going through one of Yukari's gaps again. But it looks like they're enjoying themselves.
>Cirno looks about as dismayed as you feel.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #608 on: January 10, 2010, 08:32:54 PM »
> Still, we're getting somewhere.
> Endure it, Patchy! It's for the greater good.
> Wait for them to finish. We've been through worse. When they do:
> "All right, girls, that's a great start, but I feel it needs a little work. What you're doing now is playing for yourselves, and that's only half of what music is meant for. After all, music, like all art, is also there to instill joy and wonder in others. Music is there to show the world what you feel, and let the world affect what you feel in turn, creating a self-perpetuating loop of growth and inspiration."
> Look at each of the Prismrivers in turn.
> "So that's what I'd like you to do now. For the moment, let's keep our world small. Right now, you three are everything that exists in the world, so each of you, play for everyone else, not just yourself."
> Sit back down.
> Hope.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2010, 05:33:03 AM »
>They don't really stop so much as slow down, but it is enough to allow for conversation and the throbbing pain to ebb away.
>You explain the next step to them. "You mean, um, play something they'd like?" Asks Lunasa, gesturing toward the others.
>Lyrica smirks. "Heh. Like I want to play stinky music."
>Merlin smirks. "You couldn't do jazz right, anyways."
>"Oh yeah?!"
>This quickly leads to another cacophony of conflicting solos, only this time it seems they are trying to drown each other out as well.

>_

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2010, 06:06:18 AM »
> This is a good thing.

> Tell the girls that they are makeing excelent progress, but you have a thing to do right now, and if they still don't like eachother they should talk to us about it.

> Consider further study in this sort of things... Would we looks good with grey hair and tiny little glasses?
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2010, 06:24:24 AM »
> This is a good thing.

> Tell the girls that they are makeing excelent progress, but you have a thing to do right now, and if they still don't like eachother they should talk to us about it.

> Consider further study in this sort of things... Would we looks good with grey hair and tiny little glasses?

>You try to express your approval, but you are pretty sure there's no way mere words are going to penetrate that wall of sound.
>Well...Koakuma did say you looked cute in the glasses you wear for reading fine print. But she's also a flatterer.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #612 on: January 11, 2010, 10:57:39 AM »
> Take out Book Entitled: Monday Magic by Patchouli Knowledge (waterlogged), brandish it threateningly. Hope that gets their attention. Whap each of them on the head with it if it doesn't.
> "All right, girls, I feel we're making some progress, but unfortunately this session's just about out of time. I have a final thought to share, and that relates to Lunasa's question."
> Put away book.
> "All relationships have to involve compromise. Ideally, your music should be the kind both you and your audience likes. Experiment, try new things out. Until I come back, I'd like you three to work on just that - music that you all like. I believe Satori would be happy to put you up here, in exchange for a few performances from you. Probably individually, though."
> Look hopefully at Satori.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #613 on: January 11, 2010, 11:29:53 AM »
> Take out Book Entitled: Monday Magic by Patchouli Knowledge (waterlogged), brandish it threateningly. Hope that gets their attention. Whap each of them on the head with it if it doesn't.
> "All right, girls, I feel we're making some progress, but unfortunately this session's just about out of time. I have a final thought to share, and that relates to Lunasa's question."
> Put away book.
> "All relationships have to involve compromise. Ideally, your music should be the kind both you and your audience likes. Experiment, try new things out. Until I come back, I'd like you three to work on just that - music that you all like. I believe Satori would be happy to put you up here, in exchange for a few performances from you. Probably individually, though."
> Look hopefully at Satori.

>You brandish the book. You have to smite Merlin on the head before it gets anyone's attention, but it brings the impromptu music duel to an end. You decide the smite the other two just to be fair.
>Satori considers for a moment. "Well. I've not really had guests before. I don't know if there's much to eat around here, we're not very extravagant. But I suppose you could stay, if you help me feed the cats and such. And no riling up the oni! It's part of our deal."
>The Prismrivers agree to that in a rather excited babble, Merlin in particular.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #614 on: January 11, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
> "Okay girls, I'll see you later!"
> Get out of dodge.
> Examine Quests.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #615 on: January 11, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »
> "Okay girls, I'll see you later!"
> Get out of dodge.
> Examine Quests.

>You get out of the Palace before you get drawn into something else or mauled by a feral cat.
>Your current quests are:
>Destroy All Humidity
>Secret Collect!
>Making Amends
>Get a Map of Gensokyo
>Reunite the Prismrivers
>Dancing Lasers
>Now it is Personal

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #616 on: January 11, 2010, 06:01:55 PM »
> I thought we got rid of all humidity?
> Head back inside the palace and grab Cirno if she's being excluded by the Prismrivers.
> Head to Wriggle's place

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #617 on: January 11, 2010, 06:10:33 PM »
> I thought we got rid of all humidity?
> Head back inside the palace and grab Cirno if she's being excluded by the Prismrivers.
> Head to Wriggle's place

>One gets so used to it being up there that it's easy to overlook.
>You head inside and snag Cirno. "Hey, whaddaya want?" she asks as you drag her along.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
> Why are we dragging along Cirno? I mean, this voice isn't against it, it's just odd.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #619 on: January 11, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »
Because the sisters can't really reunite with Cirno there.  Plus, why not?

> Arrive at Wriggle's house.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #620 on: January 11, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
> Why are we dragging along Cirno? I mean, this voice isn't against it, it's just odd.

>"What do you want, for reals?" Cirno asks, as you drag her along through the tunnels.

> Arrive at Wriggle's house.

>You drag Cirno along with you all the way back to the surface. "Hey!" she says, "I bet Letty's out now"
>You observe Wriggle's mushroom house. You can see candlelight through the window.

>_

Toasty

« Reply #621 on: January 11, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
>Hug cirno like a plushie
>Knock on wriggle's door

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #622 on: January 11, 2010, 08:03:33 PM »
>Ponder if the Prismrivers count as reunited
>Examine quests

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #623 on: January 11, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
> "I saw her fly by earlier today, right after the sun disappeared."
> Knock on Wriggle's door.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #624 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
>Hug cirno like a plushie
>Knock on wriggle's door

>You hug Cirno. She cries out and struggles. "Geroff me!" she cries. It feels like hugging a pile of snow.
>You knock on Wriggle's door. "Just a moment!"

> "I saw her fly by earlier today, right after the sun disappeared."
> Knock on Wriggle's door.

>Cirno grins. "She's not gonna believe the stories I got for her!"
>You knock again.

>Ponder if the Prismrivers count as reunited
>Examine quests

>Your current quests are:
>Secret Collect!
>A Mysterious Robed Figure, who's identity you deduced in about ten minutes, wants you to bring her secret items. Only one left.
>Making Amends
>You've resolved to patch things up with Sakuya before she poisons you. Things have gone pretty well, with the help of Remilia, and Youmu breaking in.
>Find a Map of Gensokyo
>The name says it all, no foolin'. Doesn't anyone bother to keep these things up to date?
>Reunite the Prismrivers
>You have vowed to bring the Prismrivers back together; a world with only soloists is a depressing world. They seen to have started to at least talk with each other again.
>Dancing Lasers
>You've vowed to reclaim the formula for Non-Directional Laser back from Marisa. Oy...
>Now it is Personal
>You have vowed revenge against a certain Tengu for making a fool of you.
>Wriggle opens the door, in her customary garb. "Sorry, I was just-" Her face falls to a worried expresion. "-Drek. You're not here to cause static, right?"

>_

Toasty

« Reply #625 on: January 11, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
>Aya can be used for the map of gensyoko quest. If we can copy our most up to date map, she can fly up and draw on the new locations using that birds eye view she enjoys. And then, we betray her by setting a trap. As she hands the map over to us, tengu jump out and apprehend her. Fufu.

>"I was just stopping by the say hello, and say sorry for causing you so much trouble. The heat was realy getting to me. Mind if I come in?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #626 on: January 11, 2010, 08:42:38 PM »
>Aya can be used for the map of gensyoko quest. If we can copy our most up to date map, she can fly up and draw on the new locations using that birds eye view she enjoys. And then, we betray her by setting a trap. As she hands the map over to us, tengu jump out and apprehend her. Fufu.

>"I was just stopping by the say hello, and say sorry for causing you so much trouble. The heat was realy getting to me. Mind if I come in?

>You ponder using Aya for your own purposes.
>"Oh, so long as you're not here to bleed me." Wriggle gestures for you to come in. You can see the inside hasn't changed much since you were here last time. Dirt floor, a flat rock for a table. a futon across from the door, the wardrobe off to the side. A few candles give light to the one-room house, and you can see her wind priestess clothes have been hung on the wall.
>"What's new, choomba?" she asks, as she has a seat on the futon.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #627 on: January 11, 2010, 08:45:45 PM »
>As she hands the map over to us, tengu jump out and apprehend her. Fufu.

> And by "tengu" we mean Youmu or someone else with a good whacking arm and a sack of oranges, right? Or maybe bars of soap.

> "Just coming to check up on you, Wriggle. How've they been treating you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #628 on: January 11, 2010, 08:57:39 PM »
> And by "tengu" we mean Youmu or someone else with a good whacking arm and a sack of oranges, right? Or maybe bars of soap.

> "Just coming to check up on you, Wriggle. How've they been treating you?"

>You don't think Youmu's going to have anything to do with you anymore, given what you've done. Well, she'll certainly have an interest in seeing if witches have the same internal organs as humans...
>"Could be worse," says Wriggle with a shrug. "They're a little wigly, but not bad. Sanae made fried rice for supper after she got back. She doesn't want to fix me up with what happened; so I figure you took her on a drek run."

>_

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #629 on: January 11, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
> spend time with Wriggle.
> Attemp to decipher her strange slang that makes you think of tusks and welding goggles
Wotters gonna' wot