Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 79815 times)

Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: January 09, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »
...Did we just ask someone to help kidnap a person who we had under our thumbs in the first place? In front of the Gensokyo Police, no less?

>"I see. I don't think a startling would get me closer to my objective. Thank you for listening anyway."
>Check if we have trumpet in hand.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #541 on: January 09, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
>"I see. I don't think a startling would get me closer to my objective. Thank you for listening anyway."
>Check if we have trumpet in hand.

>"Awww, that's too bad," says Kogasa, looking upset that her offer was left on the table.
>You do have the Floating Trumpet with you.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #542 on: January 09, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
>Go over to Merlin
>Show her the trumpet
>Don't give her the trumpet or let her take it

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #543 on: January 09, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
>Ponder if you and Kogasa could scare Lunasa and Lyrica enough to snatch their instruments. Maybe if we had all of them and all their instruments, we could threaten+help them to come to an agreement.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #544 on: January 09, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
>Go over to Merlin
>Show her the trumpet
>Don't give her the trumpet or let her take it

>You approach Merlin, with the Floating Trumpet plainly visible. "Oh!" she says, looking up from the drink she was previously nursing. "I didn't see! I've been asking about all sorts of things, just like you wanted."

>Ponder if you and Kogasa could scare Lunasa and Lyrica enough to snatch their instruments. Maybe if we had all of them and all their instruments, we could threaten+help them to come to an agreement.

>You wonder if you could blackmail them into getting along.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #545 on: January 09, 2010, 08:09:10 PM »
>"Oh, you did? Wonderful! What have you found out?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #546 on: January 09, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
>"Oh, you did? Wonderful! What have you found out?"

>"All kinds of things!" says Merlin. "Someone told me Utsuho would know all about those Sun Splinters you were looking for. And someone else heard Alice talking about that Eighth Force thingie once! Oh, and that Murasa had a Secret thing. And Yuugi found one. And Rinnosuke was selling a secret disguise. Wriggle has a secret thing, too! Oh, and they said there was some doll with one way to the north."

>_

Toasty

« Reply #547 on: January 09, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »
>Tell her she's been invited to do a gig at satori's place, playing her own instrument, of course - satori loves trumpets.
>Hand over floating trumpet
>Say hi to reimu and moemiji.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #548 on: January 09, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »
>Tell her she's been invited to do a gig at satori's place, playing her own instrument, of course - satori loves trumpets.
>Hand over floating trumpet
>Say hi to reimu and moemiji.

>"Hot diggity damn!" says Merlin as she snatches her trumpet, and is out the door in a flash.
>"...Oh dammit," says Tenshi, frowning at Merlin's wake.
>You say hi to Reimu and Momiji. Momiji waves back, while Reimu gives you a nod.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #549 on: January 09, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
>Go after Merlin to see if Satori enjoys the music.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #550 on: January 09, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
>Go after Merlin to see if Satori enjoys the music.

>You follow after Merlin. But much like following Lyrica, she's just too fast for you to keep up with for very long. Thankfully, unlike Lyrica, she does not get mugged by Kisume on the way down. But it means that she outdistances you easily.
>You arrive at the Palace of the Earth Spirits. Satori is outside right now, sitting on the the edge of the path and petting a gray cat with white feet; while a parakeet perches on her headband.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #551 on: January 09, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »
>"Hello Satori! I presume the Prismrivers are inside having an argument?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #552 on: January 09, 2010, 08:44:58 PM »
>"Hello Satori! I presume the Prismrivers are inside having an argument?"

>"How did you know?" Satori asks. Then she frowns. "Oh, that's how. Well, you meant for the best."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
>"Yes... I did. I better go inside to make sure this ends well. It's just not right when they're all upset with eachother."
>Go inside and find the Prismrivers, eavesdrop~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #554 on: January 09, 2010, 08:51:23 PM »
>"Yes... I did. I better go inside to make sure this ends well. It's just not right when they're all upset with eachother."
>Go inside and find the Prismrivers, eavesdrop~

>It is not hard to find the Prismrivers. They are in the front hall, loudly arguing among themselves. It also seems that Cirno is involved in it, too. It's really hard to make out the general flow of the argument, due to there being a whole lot of shouting at once. But you hear snatches of accusations of bad taste and spying.
>They do not seem to have noticed you yet.

>_

Toasty

« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2010, 09:21:40 PM »
>Call over satori to see what they're thinking. Infact, she could resolve this is she's subtle enough - knowing excactly what each of them thinks.
>Ask the names of these two new pets.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »
> Yeah, confirm what each of them wants from their music. Once we know that, the problem's probably solvable.

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2010, 09:45:21 PM »
>Mentally review. Did we get the secret things from Murasa, Rinnosuke, Yuugi, and Wriggle?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #558 on: January 10, 2010, 03:42:27 AM »
>Call over satori to see what they're thinking. Infact, she could resolve this is she's subtle enough - knowing excactly what each of them thinks.
>Ask the names of these two new pets.

>You call over Satori, and she reluctantly approaches. You ask her to look into the thoughts of bickering Prismrivers, and she frowns. "It's really unpleasant to hear so many complicated thoughts at once when they're engaged like that," she says. "Everything gets all jumbled up and it gives me a headache. That's why I just went outside and decided to wait for Okuu or Orin to come back and kick them out."
>Satori brightens visibly as you ask about the pets. "Oh, this pretty kitty is Commander Boots! He's such a little explorer! She'll go out and find all kinds of little things in town. And the one getting a free ride is Mira. You wouldn't know by looking at her but she's such a speed demon. and a very dignified young lady, I should add."

> Yeah, confirm what each of them wants from their music. Once we know that, the problem's probably solvable.

>"I guess they each just got sick of certain kinds of music the other ones liked, and it boiled over after awhile," says Satori says, as she draws back outside.

>Mentally review. Did we get the secret things from Murasa, Rinnosuke, Yuugi, and Wriggle?

>You got them from everyone but Wriggle.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #559 on: January 10, 2010, 03:44:31 AM »
>Tell Satori you'll be back soon
>Quickly run out of the underground and all the way to Youkai Mountain.
>Ask Wriggle about Secret Things.
>If Secret Thing is obtained, head to the human village and give it to the cloaked person.
>Either way, head back to the Palace of the Earth Spirits.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #560 on: January 10, 2010, 03:49:49 AM »
>If Secret Thing is obtained, head to the human village and give it to the cloaked person.

>one thing at a time, please.
>attempt to listen in on conversation; catch what each of them is upset about, at least
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: January 10, 2010, 04:11:06 AM »

>one thing at a time, please.
>attempt to listen in on conversation; catch what each of them is upset about, at least

>You do remember that there were lights on in Wriggle's House when you passed it by, and note that for later.
>You listen to the argument. Lyrica's quite insistent that jazz is too stilted and doesn't have enough variety for her tastes. She also squabbles with Lunasa over sound quality. Merlin seems to find the classical that Lunasa favors is stilted, boring, and lacking in points where one just goes off and does their own thing. Lunasa's objections are harder to pick out, but it seems she doesn't care for artificial-esque sounds that Lyrica's techno favors. Cirno seems to be backing up Lunasa, saying techno is real or from the heart, and jazz's sound doesn't mesh with the people anymore; you get the feeling she's just trying to back up Lunasa more than anything.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #562 on: January 10, 2010, 04:18:38 AM »
>Hmmm... what kinds of music are there other then Jazz, Classical, and Techno? Ones they could actually manage to play with their 3 instruments, that is.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #563 on: January 10, 2010, 04:22:40 AM »
>Hmmm... what kinds of music are there other then Jazz, Classical, and Techno? Ones they could actually manage to play with their 3 instruments, that is.

>Given Lyrica has a synthesizer, they could probably play damn near anything. But they have brass, strings, and keys. There's a lot of music you could do with that. And technically vocals if you want to rope Cirno in with them.

>_

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #564 on: January 10, 2010, 04:26:38 AM »
> Play your "Locked Girl" and hope they all hear it.

> See how they react to it.
Wotters gonna' wot

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #565 on: January 10, 2010, 04:27:53 AM »
>Kick self for not having BEES.mp3

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #566 on: January 10, 2010, 04:31:54 AM »
> Play your "Locked Girl" and hope they all hear it.

> See how they react to it.

>You play the music. Unfortunately, they are mostly too busy bickering to really take notice. Though you note that Lunasa glances your way for a moment.

>Kick self for not having BEES.mp3

>You wonder if even Lunasa could see the beauty of it.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #567 on: January 10, 2010, 04:49:01 AM »
>ponder how to mug Parsee
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #568 on: January 10, 2010, 04:50:15 AM »
>"STOP FIGHTING! CAN'T YOU SEE YOU'RE TEARING US APART?"
>okay that won't work
>See if you have any spellcards left. We could distract them long enough to get words in.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: January 10, 2010, 04:51:35 AM »
>ponder how to mug Parsee

>You imagine you could do it the good ole fashioned way, if you wanted to.

>"STOP FIGHTING! CAN'T YOU SEE YOU'RE TEARING US APART?"
>okay that won't work
>See if you have any spellcards left. We could distract them long enough to get words in.

>You have no spellcards on hand.

>_