Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 79819 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #420 on: January 06, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »
>Friendly hint when dealing with the text parser: If he ever asks for confirmation, that means you are proposing a BAD IDEA.
>Um...I still don't have any ideas. It seems mostly Sanae took care of this cause she's AWESOME
>Fly to higher ground.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #421 on: January 06, 2010, 09:58:22 PM »
ffffffff
>Check inventory. See which items survived.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #422 on: January 07, 2010, 01:41:43 AM »
>dear god save the mona patchy
>Fly up, keep moving (ziggitty zaggitty), find the nearest high ground, go to it. Yuyu can't die and sanae can split the waters to make a safe haven, so they're fine.

> I will save this patient!
> Carefully fold the picture twice - the paper is less likely to tear if it's uniformly wet than if it had soggy patches, so this should be doable. There's nothing much we can do about the crayon drawing itself, but we can hope that the ones used here aren't strongly water-soluble.
> Place the folded-up drawing between the pages of Monday Magic. That should prevent any further damage, as well as start slowly leeching the water from the picture itself.
> Place Monday Magic into Box.

>You fold the Mona Patchy, by Flandre Age 501 in half carefully and place it within the pages of the Book Entitled: Monday Magic by Patchouli Knowledge: 1500☼ (waterlogged), and close it way into the Box.
>You then start to fly as fast as you can, looking for some kind of high ground. You quickly come across dead, leafless tree of considerable size. You think there are more nearby, but you cannot be sure, it is too hard to see.

>Friendly hint when dealing with the text parser: If he ever asks for confirmation, that means you are proposing a BAD IDEA.
>Um...I still don't have any ideas. It seems mostly Sanae took care of this cause she's AWESOME
>Fly to higher ground.

>Not always, sometimes it is done with perfectly reasonable things. Other times, I need to make sure that is exactly what you're planning to do, as the command may be too ambiguous.
>You try to keep to the air.
>The rain is getting harder. It is growing difficult for you to fly or concentrate in it very hard, and is stinging your exposed skin.

ffffffff
>Check inventory. See which items survived.

>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes) (Completely soaked)
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)(Completely soaked)
>Ballpoint Pen
>Lucky Coin
>Banson's Aria
>Ladle
>Floating Trumpet (Muddy)
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory) (Muddy)
>Electric Train Set (Completely soaked)
>Ruined Hat (Completely soaked)
>Box
>Pair of Black Glasses
>Handful of Charred Legos of Fuckwin
>Mona Patchy, by Flandre Age 501 (Ruined)(In Book Entitled: Monday Magic by Patchouli Knowledge: 1500☼ (waterlogged))
>Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room
>Youmu's Short Blade. (Muddy)
>Book Entitled: Monday Magic by Patchouli Knowledge: 1500☼ (waterlogged) (In Box)

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #423 on: January 07, 2010, 01:45:54 AM »
>At this rate, do we think any bees will survive Sanae's miracle?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #424 on: January 07, 2010, 01:50:05 AM »
>At this rate, do we think any bees will survive Sanae's miracle?

>You honestly have no idea. Normal bees certainly wouldn't be able to survive, but you are hardly dealing with normal bees. And trying to make conclusions about entities such as this can be risky business. If nothing else, this monsoon has certainly taken it off guard.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #425 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:23 AM »
>Hmm... could we magically make a lightning bolt or other electrical charge to shock all the bees in the water to death? It seems we've got some time to prepare if needed.
>I figure you'll say the rain will keep us from being able to concentrate; take shelter under the tree.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #426 on: January 07, 2010, 02:04:12 AM »
>Hmm... could we magically make a lightning bolt or other electrical charge to shock all the bees in the water to death? It seems we've got some time to prepare if needed.
>I figure you'll say the rain will keep us from being able to concentrate; take shelter under the tree.

>You take shelter under the tree. Which, really, turns out to be more of hiding behind the trunk, as there are no leaves to give shelter. You doubt leaves would last for long in this downpour, anyways. Regardless, it takes the brunt of the rain off of you, which does go toward making you feel less miserable.
>You still do not know any electric-based magic.
>The rain is coming down harder now. You can hear it hammering the tree like mad. If your ears aren't deceiving you, of which there is a decent probability given the circumstances, the lake may be nearby.

>_

Toasty

« Reply #427 on: January 07, 2010, 11:37:30 PM »
>Condition to cast water magic? Something along the lines of a wall of water falling on the bees and killing them by sheer force may be the smallest bit redundant, but anything to speed up sanae's work helps.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #428 on: January 08, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
>Condition to cast water magic? Something along the lines of a wall of water falling on the bees and killing them by sheer force may be the smallest bit redundant, but anything to speed up sanae's work helps.

>You could probably do something to help the monsoon along. There is so much water falling as it is that the lack of material components shouldn't be a problem. You really can't do anything to specifically hinder the bees, as you really can't see well enough to target anything other than the rain itself. However, working over that kind of area will be draining. You might need some help getting home afterwards.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #429 on: January 08, 2010, 01:35:53 AM »
> Crush bees with water

Toasty

« Reply #430 on: January 08, 2010, 01:38:52 AM »
>Increase the weight and size of droplets over the bee swarm, to be excact. And then get far away as to not crush yourself with water.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #431 on: January 08, 2010, 01:51:42 AM »
> Crush bees with water

>Increase the weight and size of droplets over the bee swarm, to be excact. And then get far away as to not crush yourself with water.

>You probably can't target things so specifically, given you have only a vague idea where the swarm is. And making an exception for yourself would be difficult. You could try to make the rain as a whole fall harder. But that would probably catch Yuyuko, Sanae, and yourself in it. Thanfully, you're more resilient than a small insect is. But, it still wouldn't be pleasant for people without shelter.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #432 on: January 08, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »
>The bees seem to be having plenty of trouble as it is; it might be better to try and find those two, rather than make the rain worse, even temporarily.
>store Ruined Hat in box for the time being
>any idea if the electric train set runs on batteries? If we're gonna electrocute the bees, might as well do it ditching something that would electrocute US.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #433 on: January 08, 2010, 02:26:04 AM »
>The bees seem to be having plenty of trouble as it is; it might be better to try and find those two, rather than make the rain worse, even temporarily.
>store Ruined Hat in box for the time being
>any idea if the electric train set runs on batteries? If we're gonna electrocute the bees, might as well do it ditching something that would electrocute US.

>You decide against worsening the monsoon.
>You store the Ruined Hat in the box.
>You don't think that the Electric Train Set runs on batteries.
>The rain is coming down harder now. It is a good thing you are hiding behind that tree! You also hear an low, rumbling clap of thunder overhead.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #434 on: January 08, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »
>stay off the ground enough to avoid having feet in the water
>be ready to flee if the tree gets :lightning:'d.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #435 on: January 08, 2010, 02:56:10 AM »
>I don't care how good at danmaku battles we may be, you can't react fast enough to dodge lightning. Don't stand quite so close to the tree; at least a foot from the trunk.
>Try to keep as much shelter from the rain as you can though, without getting really close.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #436 on: January 08, 2010, 03:01:40 AM »

>I don't care how good at danmaku battles we may be, you can't react fast enough to dodge lightning. Don't stand quite so close to the tree; at least a foot from the trunk.
>Try to keep as much shelter from the rain as you can though, without getting really close.

>You make certain that you are in the air, and stay ready in case the tree decides its done with standing, and far enough away not to get shocked by it yourself.
>You think you hear Sanae shout something to, off to your left.
>Before you can really reply, the world goes white, followed by the sound of a defeaning crackle and a roar.
>When your eyes are able to adjust and you can regain your senses, you quickly notice that the rain has stopped. As well, the oppressive darkness is gone, replaced with the gentle gloom of early evening. There seems to be no signs about of the storm or the swarm, just a placid field along the side of the lake. The full moon glows on the eastern horizon, seeing practically like the sun after the darkness. You see that Scarlet Devil Mansion is a short walk away to the east.
>You are soaking wet and muddy. It would be terribly embarrassing to be caught like this. You are also sore from numerous bee stings.
>You see Yuyuko standing in the middle of the field, surveying the ruins of her fan with a frown. You feel a little better about your situation upon seeing her, as she presently has only a meager pretense of modesty in the aftermath of the storm. Sanae is near the lake shore, quite thoroughly drenched as well.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #437 on: January 08, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »
>Did we win?
>If so, super thank Sanae
>Ask Yuyuko or Sanae what the hell just happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #438 on: January 08, 2010, 03:27:24 AM »
>Did we win?
>If so, super thank Sanae
>Ask Yuyuko or Sanae what the hell just happened.

>You are pretty sure that you're not dead, and the swarm is gone. You suspect that you at least didn't lose.
>You give Sanae your thanks, and then demand to know what just happened. Sanae fidgets and crosses her arms, clearly uncomfortable with her current state, and says, "I asked Kanako-sama and Suwako-Sama to work together to stop that thing. I...I think it worked."
>"Who can say?" asks Yuyuko. "But I doubt it's pleased, so we did well as far as I'm concerned! Ah, Patchouli dear? Did you get a glimpse of that confused little ghost inside that thing?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #439 on: January 08, 2010, 03:29:55 AM »
> Nod
> ''Yes, I did. It reacted to the remains of Jeff's hat, but nothing else. Strange..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:38 AM »
> Nod
> ''Yes, I did. It reacted to the remains of Jeff's hat, but nothing else. Strange..."

>"Oh did he, now?" says Yuyuko, looking at you with raised eyebrows. "I was going to mention, the poor little dear was very strange indeed. He didn't have any mind at all, not even proper instincts. Quite the little tabula rasa. What happened after that?"

>_
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:37:42 AM by Purvist Samurai »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #441 on: January 08, 2010, 03:36:11 AM »
>"I think he flew off after I passed the hat's remains through him. I don't think I caught where he went..."
>is the mansion in decent condition? This is important. Is this the Gensokyo we know?
>congratulate Sanae for courage and quick thinking
>mourn loss of 90% of inventory

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #442 on: January 08, 2010, 03:38:31 AM »
>"I... during the whole Dream Cutlass thing, I sliced a filament between me and Jeff. If what you say is true, and if that ghost was Jeff, I'm afraid I might have destroyed what was left of him... he was already erased from history in the first place."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #443 on: January 08, 2010, 03:42:58 AM »
>"I think he flew off after I passed the hat's remains through him. I don't think I caught where he went..."
>is the mansion in decent condition? This is important. Is this the Gensokyo we know?
>congratulate Sanae for courage and quick thinking
>mourn loss of 90% of inventory

>"Ah. Well. That's probably for the best. Give me a minute." Yuyuko makes her way to the lake surface.
>You look toward the mansion. Aside from the periodic bursts of red and silver danmaku overhead, it looks well like the mansion and the world you know.
>"I just gave Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama what they needed to work," says Sanae, stil fidgeting. "Oh, here's you're badge back."
>You obtain: Silver Medal (Unpaid)
>It's going to take awhile to replace those spellcards. certainly...

>"I... during the whole Dream Cutlass thing, I sliced a filament between me and Jeff. If what you say is true, and if that ghost was Jeff, I'm afraid I might have destroyed what was left of him... he was already erased from history in the first place."

>"Oh, I don't think that's the case," says Yuyuko, as she kneels by the lake, dipping her hand in the water. "Well, not exactly, anyways."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #444 on: January 08, 2010, 04:05:48 AM »
>Um...do I need to do anything else to help Jeff?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #445 on: January 08, 2010, 04:06:28 AM »
>"I don't suppose you'd care to explain? My second guess would be that the spirit was Jeff under possession by that horror. The hat woke him up, so he ran off...?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #446 on: January 08, 2010, 04:25:29 AM »
>Um...do I need to do anything else to help Jeff?

>Yuyuko motions for you to join her.

>"I don't suppose you'd care to explain? My second guess would be that the spirit was Jeff under possession by that horror. The hat woke him up, so he ran off...?"

>"Well, I don't quite understand how it happened," says Yuyuko, "But it seems that, among other things, his mind and his soul were split. I imagine he did something that allowed that thing to make some claim to his soul. I expect it doesn't quite fit into history, and thus Keine couldn't really affect it. As for his mind? Well...perhaps that was fated. My suspicion as to what happened, well, come and see."

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #447 on: January 08, 2010, 04:27:50 AM »
>Go over to Yuyuko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #448 on: January 08, 2010, 04:31:59 AM »
>Go over to Yuyuko

>Yuyuko has done...something to the surface of the lake. You no longer see normal reflections in it; rather it seems to be showing some kind of scene from elsewhere. It's a little hard to make out, with the lake rippling as it is, but you see green grass, blue water, and two people talking.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #449 on: January 08, 2010, 04:33:30 AM »
>Who are the two people? Do we know them?
>If not, ask for a further explanation.