Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 79813 times)

Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:55 AM »
> Perhaps the bees react to music?
> Play Locked Girl

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »
> ...Oh great.
> Are we going to have to go get BEES.MP3?

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2010, 03:03:50 AM »
> ...Oh great.

> BEES.MP3 is with Parsee

> Attempt to HATE the bees TO DEATH

> Or just wait 'till our cards recharge and spellcard attack the bees into submission.
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2010, 04:07:08 AM »
> Perhaps the bees react to music?
> Play Locked Girl

>You attempt to do this, but the song does not seem to want to play. Apparently it has been locked in time with the other things here.

> ...Oh great.

>Given the prior attempt, you are not sure if it would work.

> BEES.MP3 is with Parsee

> Attempt to HATE the bees TO DEATH

> Or just wait 'till our cards recharge and spellcard attack the bees into submission.

>You attempt to hate the bees to death. Damn stupid things! It's probably all their fault, anyways! Sadly, this seems to work about as well as you expected it would.
>It would take several hours for this to happen, you are not certain if you have that kind of time.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2010, 04:09:02 AM »
> Go inside Moriya Shrine
> See if Kanako is frozen

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2010, 04:15:45 AM »
> Go inside Moriya Shrine
> See if Kanako is frozen

>You leave and appear inside the Moriya Shrine.
>Kanako is frozen in place, more or less in the same position that she was when you last saw her.
>Despite this, something about her feels different. It feels like she is paying attention to you, rather than that she is simply a statue like Aya, Remila, and the rest were.

>_

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2010, 04:18:21 AM »
> "Kanako? If you can hear me, I really need your help..."

> Relove to have a child with Marisa and name her after french white whine
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2010, 04:29:37 AM »
> "Kanako? If you can hear me, I really need your help..."

> Relove to have a child with Marisa and name her after french white whine

>The wind around your starts to blow. Within it, you can hear a voice. "You are not alone in that regard."
>You decide to react to this scenario by going to your happy place. What would you name the second one, though... There's no more time for this.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2010, 04:36:27 AM »
>"As far as I know, only 3 people other then me can move right now... Jeff, who doesn't quite exist, a very slowed down Rumia, and a slightly slowed Suwako. The latter two are being swarmed by seemingly immortal bees... so, I'm the only person who can really do anything right now, do you know anything that could help me fix this? How to fix the world, or stop the bees?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2010, 04:46:17 AM »
>"As far as I know, only 3 people other then me can move right now... Jeff, who doesn't quite exist, a very slowed down Rumia, and a slightly slowed Suwako. The latter two are being swarmed by seemingly immortal bees... so, I'm the only person who can really do anything right now, do you know anything that could help me fix this? How to fix the world, or stop the bees?"

>"Not immediately," says the wind. "I can sense, however, that there is an...entity of some kind here, everywhere that the wind touches. Those things you mentioned seem like the keys to it. What caused this to pass?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2010, 04:51:44 AM »
>Tell Kanako everything you know and have heard from Jeff about the current situation, all about Jeff and the Dream Cutlass and the bees and the "words". Its especially confusing considering that this happened in the erased history Jeff is from...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2010, 04:51:54 AM »
> "An entity, everywhere the wind touches? Well, the sky is filled with strange, unnatural colors..."
> "Anyway, I am personally unsure as to the reason of this disaster. However, it might be the result of some sort of resonance, between the sword known as the Dream Cutlass, and Youmu's longer blade. Right now, the two blades are touching... Considering that Remilia is the one wielding the Dream Cutlass at present, perhaps her own power might be involved as well..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2010, 05:04:54 AM »
>Tell Kanako everything you know and have heard from Jeff about the current situation, all about Jeff and the Dream Cutlass and the bees and the "words". Its especially confusing considering that this happened in the erased history Jeff is from...

> "An entity, everywhere the wind touches? Well, the sky is filled with strange, unnatural colors..."
> "Anyway, I am personally unsure as to the reason of this disaster. However, it might be the result of some sort of resonance, between the sword known as the Dream Cutlass, and Youmu's longer blade. Right now, the two blades are touching... Considering that Remilia is the one wielding the Dream Cutlass at present, perhaps her own power might be involved as well..."

>You explain things as quickly and concisely as you can to Kanako.
>"This seems to suggest, to me, that the weapon Remilia has is connected to everything else in some way," says the wind. "It seems obvious that these bees have something to do with Rumia and perhaps Suwako. As for your friend and yourself, I don't quite know."

>_
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:19:24 AM by Captain Purvis M.F.D. »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2010, 05:06:45 AM »
>Welcome the new year, Huzzah!

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2010, 05:09:53 AM »
>think back for a moment
>"... lure?"
>"... where can we get something sweet? Or... flowers. That would distract them, wouldn't it?"
>"But aren't they coming FROM Suwako right now? I think there's something more to this. We need some way to get rid of them. If it had some weakness..."
>"... for some reason I want to say mirrors... and flowers..."
>where'd we leave that mirrorflower bouquet again? Korindou?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2010, 05:19:46 AM »
>Yes. Pop over there and, if possible, retrieve the flowers. Come back to Suwako's pond see if you can see the bees in the mirrors, and if the flowers distract the bees at all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2010, 05:35:05 AM »
>Welcome the new year, Huzzah!

>It is the end of Fall! What is wrong with you?

>think back for a moment
>"... lure?"
>"... where can we get something sweet? Or... flowers. That would distract them, wouldn't it?"
>"But aren't they coming FROM Suwako right now? I think there's something more to this. We need some way to get rid of them. If it had some weakness..."
>"... for some reason I want to say mirrors... and flowers..."

>You did indeed leave it there.

>Yes. Pop over there and, if possible, retrieve the flowers. Come back to Suwako's pond see if you can see the bees in the mirrors, and if the flowers distract the bees at all.

>You appear within Kourindou, and find it has been frozen like everything. You find the Mirror Flowers have been placed into a vase.
>You obtain: Vase of Mirror Flowers.
>You return to Suwako's Pond and hold out the vase. The bees do not seem to take an interest in it. But they are also swarming in the middle of the pond, some distance away.
>"Find anything?" Jeff asks.

>_

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2010, 05:39:03 AM »
>STOP LIVING IN THE PAST PATCHY, FREE YOUR MIND.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2010, 05:40:34 AM »
>"Ahh... its just a vase of flowers with mirrored petals. I suppose I thought flowers might distract the bees... or perhaps the mirrors. You can't be seen in a mirror; now I want to figure out if the bees can."
>Get close enough to the bees to see (or, well, not see) them in the flower's mirrored petals.
>After you determine whether they show up in mirrors or not, get close enough to find out if the bees take an interest in the flowers. I mean, they ARE bees D:

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2010, 05:46:38 AM »
>"I suppose I should stop trusting my gut about this Giy... particular cosmic horror. Why did I think it was weak to mirrors of some sort?"
>... try and get a look at yourself in a mirror or something, is Patchu also covered in bees?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2010, 05:50:18 AM »
>"Ahh... its just a vase of flowers with mirrored petals. I suppose I thought flowers might distract the bees... or perhaps the mirrors. You can't be seen in a mirror; now I want to figure out if the bees can."
>Get close enough to the bees to see (or, well, not see) them in the flower's mirrored petals.
>After you determine whether they show up in mirrors or not, get close enough to find out if the bees take an interest in the flowers. I mean, they ARE bees D:

>You try to get closer, but there is not really much you can do beyond the banks. Glancing at the petals, you can see a reflection of the swarm. To get closer, you would have to get into the pond, and you can see that it is very deep right from the edge. Swimming is not one of your strong points.

>"I suppose I should stop trusting my gut about this Giy... particular cosmic horror. Why did I think it was weak to mirrors of some sort?"
>... try and get a look at yourself in a mirror or something, is Patchu also covered in bees?

>"Well, it came from a mirror, right?" says Jeff. "So there's a thought."
>You look at your own reflection in the flowers. It is distorted, but appears to be free of bees.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2010, 05:52:38 AM »
>Can't we just fly closer, though?
>"Wait... it came from a mirror? I don't remember you saying that... you told me that you said "the words" and then was sucked into some terrible place with bees that Suwako's frogs and Rumia ate, and thats about it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2010, 05:57:43 AM »
>Can't we just fly closer, though?
>"Wait... it came from a mirror? I don't remember you saying that... you told me that you said "the words" and then was sucked into some terrible place with bees that Suwako's frogs and Rumia ate, and thats about it."

>Yes. Yes you could. It certainly isn't too hot to do so anymore. Ha ha ha.
>"Yeah, but it came from the mirror first." says Jeff. "Then we got pulled into that place. I dunno how it happened, I was kinda caught watching it come out and trying not to wet myself. I guess it's just something that happens when its nearby. Oh...one other thing that's weird I forgot to mention. Uh...it talked. Sorta. I don't think it actually listened to anyone, but it could talk."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2010, 06:00:09 AM »
>Ponder if flying over and trying to attack the bees with Youmu's sword is a good or bad idea.
>"Hmm... it talked? Did it say anything that you could understand?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2010, 06:13:44 AM »
>Ponder if flying over and trying to attack the bees with Youmu's sword is a good or bad idea.
>"Hmm... it talked? Did it say anything that you could understand?"

>You don't think a sword would do much against a swarm of bees.
>"Yeah, it spoke more or less normally," says Jeff. "It just kept saying weird things. Saying it was happy, that it felt good. Creepy shit like that."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2010, 06:19:10 AM »
>"Wonder if it's a masochist."
>wonder where Tenshi lives when she isn't at the bar
>"Do you have any idea why it was happy? Maybe getting out of that mirror? Then what would be IN that mirror, or is that just an arbitrary portal?"
>sigh
>Yukari was frozen, right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2010, 06:23:55 AM »
>Really? Don't tell me we have to make somebody pray nine times in order to fix this :<

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2010, 06:26:42 AM »
>"Wonder if it's a masochist."
>wonder where Tenshi lives when she isn't at the bar
>"Do you have any idea why it was happy? Maybe getting out of that mirror? Then what would be IN that mirror, or is that just an arbitrary portal?"
>sigh
>Yukari was frozen, right?

>"I dunno," Jeff replies. "I'm not gonna even pretend to know how it thought. Only that it just wanted to swarm the hell out of me.
>You suspect Tenshi probably returns to the Celestial Realm.
>You sigh, and recall that Yukari was frozen.

>Really? Don't tell me we have to make somebody pray nine times in order to fix this :<

>If what Jeff says is correct, praying didn't even solve the problem originally.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »
>well, maybe it wasn't the RIGHT person praying...
>wonder who in Gensokyo would most fit with wielding a frying pan

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2010, 06:29:58 AM »
> Try slashing the bees with Youmu's Short Blade, just to see if it has any effect

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson