Author Topic: Touhou not working on Windows 7? Click here.  (Read 96539 times)

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Touhou not working on Windows 7? Click here.
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 05:52:24 AM »
Yay!  Glad that helped.  o/

Kumori

• BLAAAAAH.
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
DriverX says "Failed to create D3D device" and then I get a regular error saying "Failed to initialize". I've installed this on an XP computer the same way and it worked fine. What do I do?
I cannot think of a good signature, and probably never will.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
Did you make sure to install the DirectX 9 installer that came with the game?  If not, you can download it from here.

Kumori

• BLAAAAAH.
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 06:29:25 AM »
When I try to install it, it says:

"DriverX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary."

Should I just uninstall my DriverX and then replace it with that one?
I cannot think of a good signature, and probably never will.

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
So my English patched version of EoSD was working fine until I switched it to windowed mode to record something. I recorded it and then quit the game afterwards, but since then I haven't been able to open it properly; it gets to the loading screen and then crashes. This means I can't switch it to fullscreen either. Help?

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 01:58:05 AM »
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:04:57 PM by MasterProX »

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
Delete the configs (th11.cfg and th12.cfg) and try again.

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:05:18 PM by MasterProX »

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
Running them from your flash drive is a totally different setup, you should probably copy your configs into the game folders on the flash drive.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 10:07:13 AM »
For some reason if I load TD in Windows 7, it has no music, just sound effects, and certain actions, such as pausing, cause the game to crash entirely. So it's basically unplayable. It also displays a "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" message before loading, when the other games don't.

This occurs with both the original Japanese and English-patched versions. I've already tried removing the .cfg file, removing the entire AppData th13 folder, running it as administrator, and loading in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 and a few others. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Any idea why this is? All the other Touhou games I have run without any problems.

Edit: Seems the thbgm.dat file vanished when I transferred the Touhou games over. No idea why. I retrieved it from the old computer and it's working now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:05:03 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2013, 08:04:06 PM »
Well, this might be irrelevant and also really easy to solve, but I've been having a problem getting any of the games to load after I recently got them on my new Toshiba laptop.

The game starts, but they only start in fullscreen. I see the loading screen flicker, but then it all goes black and I'm sent right back to my desktop with the icon on the taskbar as if the window was open. I can't figure out what to do, and I was really looking forward to playing Touhou again on my new laptop because my old one decided to break. When I opened TH08, I heard the title screen music playing, and I heard one little *blip* that you hear when selecting an option, but try as I might I just couldn't open it.

Does anyone have any advice on this? It's been bugging me all day.

Drake

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »
If I'm to guess, if you're using Windows Vista and on you can alt-tab and you will probably see the window in there. Clicking the icon doesn't do anything. Switching the the application from task manager doesn't do anything.

Just try reinstalling them first. I've had this problem once, a few other people have had this problem, but none of them have ever had the same solutions so it's hard to tell what will work.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 03:03:29 AM »
I'm having trouble running any of my games on my laptop. I'm using the bootcamp partition of my mac, Windows 7 64bit.
EoSD loads the background of the game menu (where it says start, extra start, practice start, etc.) but I don't see any words. I can get to character selection, but I only get the background of the character selection screen, even when I start the first level all I see is the character selection background. I can hear all the sound effects, but from what I can hear it seems the game is running really quickly. I can hear the menu switch to the demo immediately after taking my finger off of any button and the demo runs really quickly too, the screen doesn't change when it goes to demo mode either.

7-9 are similar graphically as 6 (only see backgrounds and no gameplay), but seem to be running at the normal speed

10 onward just stop responding while loading. 

They have all worked on my desktop, which is also windows 7. I am probably just missing some drivers, but would like to know if there is a precedent for this kind of error before I shell out for Bootcamp drivers, which apple does not offer freely.
my Twitch Stream I play shmups sometimes

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 03:49:32 AM »
My computer has started crashing while playing Imperishable Night. It never did this until last weekend and now it's doing it consistently.

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 02:43:47 AM »
Anyone have the issue of massive screen flashing while even trying to start up?

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2015, 08:25:32 PM »
Hello,
I'm planning on buying a stronger laptop this month so I can start recording my 1CCs (such precious memories :)), and I was planning on getting either Windows 7 64 Bit, or Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit. Will all the Touhous (PC98 included), Seihous, and Danmakufu work with both these versions of Windows? Thanks for any help!  :3

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2015, 08:57:52 PM »
Hello,
I'm planning on buying a stronger laptop this month so I can start recording my 1CCs (such precious memories :)), and I was planning on getting either Windows 7 64 Bit, or Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit. Will all the Touhous (PC98 included), Seihous, and Danmakufu work with both these versions of Windows? Thanks for any help!  :3

It'll work on Windows 7, but I have no idea for Windows 8.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2015, 03:54:19 PM »
Thanks Lollipop, I'll play it safe and go with Windows 7 then :)