Author Topic: 東方 guitar tabs: Let's rock!  (Read 270646 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I have a tab of Riverside View written up if you want it. I got the notes from a sheet I found and arranged it for guitar.
It is not really guitar friendly I noticed as majority of the time you are playing on 1 string also misses like the "pre-chorus" in the middle of the song plus some parts make no sense.

Will you accept arrangements for other instruments?
It wouldn't be a guitar thread anymore then would it? I think there was a thread somewhere for general music for any instrument.

I think I'm hoping against hope here, but hear me out. While I don't play guitar my brother does, and while I enjoy the Touhou series, my brother condemns it. I recently had the idea to plant a touhou tabular sheet in his stuff and see if he takes to it. The problem is that tabular sheets aren't common, and I need to be careful about which song is planted. Anyone want to help with spreading Touhou music through the air?

Besides that though, great work with the music compilations.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
QQ post. difficult song is difficult. did anyone try it?

the stretching chord that goes 8 7 10 0 x 12 is fucking agonising

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

It is not really guitar friendly I noticed as majority of the time you are playing on 1 string also misses like the "pre-chorus" in the middle of the song plus some parts make no sense.
I always thought it was quite easy to play, but maybe thats just me because thats the way I learnt it. In what ways could I improve it without removing some of the harmonies? (Such as at the beginning.) As I don't really write stuff for other people to play much. Also I have a large amount of sheet music that I could give you if you wanted it, incase you are getting stuck figuring out some things. (Its all for piano though which is a pain.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:23:09 PM by TechyKat »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
@ flurk, I don't even dare to attempt that yet =S

@ Mr_bob, maybe time to pick up a guitar aswell? It is never bad to try it.

I always thought it was quite easy to play, but maybe thats just me because thats the way I learnt it. In what ways could I improve it without removing some of the harmonies? (Such as at the beginning.) As I don't really write stuff for other people to play much. Also I have a large amount of sheet music that I could give you if you wanted it, incase you are getting stuck figuring out some things. (Its all for piano though which is a pain.)
Mainly I focus my tabular on lead electric guitars. So the rythm guitars are missing, that is why I don't pay much attention to harmonic notes. Unless you ofcourse want to write a tabsheet for an acoustic guitar.

On topic:
Maybe I should stop slacking off and finish Rin's theme. Though the last part of her theme either requires going up real high on the scale or drop it one octave and continue it. Depends on what sounds better, need to figure out this week.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:07:05 PM by Helepolis »

Gekko

• Likes Suika lifestyle
I think piano notations are fine as well. It doesn't take that much effort to make a tab out of the notes.

I found a Night of Knights guitar tab, I don't know how good they are as I can't open the .ptb or .gp5 file extension (if someone could convert into a .txt that would be GREAT).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzm1mkwjenj

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
I've been trying to do tabs for "The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky" from PCB. I found this great acoustic cover on youtube and started to make tabs for it long ago. I might finish it some day soon.

found the tabs. .pdf

also by the same guy (i'm led to believe that he arranged these himself) : Septette for the Dead Queen.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:23:12 PM by flurk »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Those are nice finds! I should really start practising fingerstyle, as that song on youtube should be relative playable with that tempo. Though I seriously need to get my hands on an acoustic guitar aswell.

Bob, though it is called 'Night of nights' or more like 'Flowering Night' from the original PoFV. The tab you found is a remix which sounds pretty good which reminds me of the version Souryu plays. However somehow Guitarpro is acting bitchy and skipping over some parts making it sound weird on the playback.

I will update all three findings on first page hopefully soon.

Edit: First page updated.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:51:37 PM by Helepolis »

Gekko

• Likes Suika lifestyle
I've been trying to do tabs for "The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky" from PCB. I found this great acoustic cover on youtube and started to make tabs for it long ago. I might finish it some day soon.

found the tabs. .pdf

also by the same guy (i'm led to believe that he arranged these himself) : Septette for the Dead Queen.

Interesting find. I was about half way done with mine, and noticed how wrong most of my notes were. Suprisingly, lots of stuff was also correct, so I am very proud of myself.

Thanks for the tabs! It's a super fun song to play

gnts

hmm im having problems open the owen was her file, along with the lunatic princess one, i was wondering if anyone would post a .pdf or a .txt version of those two, would be very appreciated

i also stumbled across a rar of a bunch of tabs at another forum

http://rapidshare.com/files/135889334/Touhou_Tabs.rar

unfortunately the only two files contained in that rar are pdfs and ptbs  i dont have any of those fancy guitar programs so i cant open those guitar tab files, was also wondering if anyone would be kind enough to post some pdfs or text pad version of these

enjoy

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
The UN Owen file is an too many times looping file. Sax was supose to upload a fixed version but dissapeared forever it
seems.

About the other tabs, I'll see what I can do.

Gekko

• Likes Suika lifestyle
Well, as I promised exactly a month ago, here's U.N. Owen Was Her?

Link~

@Gekko: could you upload a .gp4 ver? Seems my gp5 can't open it. Must be the GP version.

He did post it just after my Cirno one.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Touhou guitar tabs: Let's rock! [Latest update: Rin's theme] Nya~
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 10:47:56 AM »
I need to get my eyes checked =S

Edit: Rin's theme finally added =.= Though the last part is like for me impossible to figure (yes I am somehow being lazy but even if I listen to it 50x I cannot figure it out swiftly. There are too many note jumps like skipping strings. Anyway the first part sounds the sweetest so Nya~

gnts

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 06:44:57 PM »
cool, dont intend to be pushy or anything but no progress on turning those tabs into pdfs? XD  i would "get" a program to use those but i dont have a computer of my own haha (lame i know) so i usually use libary and print them, which works out great right now =)

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
hmm im having problems open the owen was her file, along with the lunatic princess one, i was wondering if anyone would post a .pdf or a .txt version of those two, would be very appreciated

i also stumbled across a rar of a bunch of tabs at another forum

http://rapidshare.com/files/135889334/Touhou_Tabs.rar

unfortunately the only two files contained in that rar are pdfs and ptbs  i dont have any of those fancy guitar programs so i cant open those guitar tab files, was also wondering if anyone would be kind enough to post some pdfs or text pad version of these

enjoy

for some reason i can't open those .ptbs either.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 09:33:16 PM »
Ptbs are powertabs as far as I know. So you need Powertab (which is a free programs afaik)

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »
i have powertab. i can open only one of those .ptbs. the rest seem to be broken/corrupted

gnts

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »
hmm that doesnt sound good, which one were you able to open?

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.

Silverdragon

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
Found this a while back on poolshmer guitar tabs thread.

http://rs309.rapidshare.com/files/135889334/Touhou_Tabs.rar

13 tabs including necrofantasia, septette for dead princess and bloom nobly, cherry blossoms of sumuzione ~ border of life.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 03:05:18 PM »
^ the same thing has been posted here. it's the .rar with the broken .ptbs. <_<

here you go, mokou's theme Reach for the Moon ~ Immortal Smoke

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rohVo3-QowU HOLY SMOKES I WANT THE TAB
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:32:40 PM by flurk »

FrozenHalo

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 04:50:47 AM »
The .ptb files are not broken. PTB cannot read unicode, you have to rename the files to something without any non-english characters.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 06:54:03 AM »
Oh it has been a long while since I updated this thread. That is mainly because I have been practising fingerstyle on the guitar as well. Dropping fully the "electric" practising. But didn't fully ignore the touhou themes.

With the release of UFO few weeks ago, I guess I will be trying to tackle a few songs ( which I have been doing with Kogasa's, Murasa's, Byakuren's and Ichirin's theme ).

I will be also updating Yuyuko's theme the missing part.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »
^^FrozenHalo is right. thanks mate.

^Helepolis: bet you're having more fun with fingerstyle :D try that mokou theme i put up, should be good for you to exercise on.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:55:21 PM by flurk »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
^Helepolis: bet you're having more fun with fingerstyle :D try that mokou theme i put up, should be good for you to exercise on.

Indeed! Fingerstyle is very fun to play. But takes alot of effort and practise. I just started with it for like three weeks, cannot really play songs yet =3 But I will try out the fingerstyle songs for sure soon ( if I only knew how to place my fingers properly )

However, focussing on fingerstyle does suffers my regular play for Touhou themes. I was suddenly unable to play the most easiest theme of them all: "Faith is for the transient"  I felt like an idiot. Perhaps I should split my training sessions with fingerstyle + regular practise.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 12:02:28 PM »
Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room.

Only took one night to make the entire thing :D

I'm gonna admit that again, I can't play this flawlessly. the part with the harmonics is pretty tricky, but very possible. the hard part is in the 40th bar. ugh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 12:10:40 PM by flurk »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 07:00:06 PM »
Fuck, I need to get better at the guitar.

Lowkey, one of the things that drove me to start learning guitar again was a guy playing the Flowering Night remix on guitar wearing a Noh mask.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2009, 04:53:32 PM »
:P too bad i'm not a fan of flowering night. anyway,

Septette for the Dead Princess for solo classical guitar.
I turned his .pdf into .gp5. Watch the fucking wizard play here. It's the same guy who played the classical guitar solo of Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess i posted earlier on this thread.

It is DIFFICULT. on his website, he rated Septette as "Hard" and Lunatic Princess as "Lunatic". I think it Septette should be "Lunatic" as well. This one will keep me occupied for a good long time D:

I wrote him a PM to thank him for sharing his stuff, but he hasn't replied yet ):

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Touhou guitar tabs: Let's rock! [Latest update: Remilia + Patchy] SDM!
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »
Septette!! I must learn that. My true goal is to master Remilia's theme whatever happens!

PS updated first post, sorry it took so long. Thanks flurk and everybody else.

Edit: Flurk, in the septette solo file, bar 27: is it me or should the 6 be a 5? Like this.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:01:03 PM by Helepolis »