Author Topic: Patchy Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 91852 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Patchy Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #420 on: November 20, 2009, 06:56:51 AM »
>blush profusely and thank her in a quiet voice
>ask of the Humidity List's contents if capable of keeping your cool in the face of Abs

>This too comes to you naturally and easily.
>You aren't able to find your voice to ask, but you show her the component list. Marisa looks it over while pursing her lips to one side. "Well isn't that something? I suppose, if you wanted a sun shard, you'd have to go up to the sun and get one."

> You guys scare me sometimes

>What is wrong with you.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #421 on: November 20, 2009, 07:01:10 AM »
>we're gonna have to note down the advice for these sometime. Sometime when our hands are busy trying desperately not to molest Abs.
>thank again and dash back into the Forest of Magic to regather oneself
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #422 on: November 20, 2009, 07:13:51 AM »
>we're gonna have to note down the advice for these sometime. Sometime when our hands are busy trying desperately not to molest Abs.
>thank again and dash back into the Forest of Magic to regather oneself

>You dash away. "I'll meet you at the tavern!" Marisa calls out.
>You are at an intersection in the forest. The road continues south toward the lake and Scarlet Devil Mansion, north toward the town, and west toward the bamboo forest.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #423 on: November 20, 2009, 07:20:58 AM »
>Return to mansion to talk to Sakuya and look for the "destructor's blessing"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #424 on: November 20, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »
>writing implemention; Eighth Force where there are no shadows, Yuka about flowers (was there someone else?), Flandre's blessing
>if negatory, grumble, head to village grab one while you're there

>recheck inventory as reminderation

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2009, 07:37:29 AM »
>Return to mansion to talk to Sakuya and look for the "destructor's blessing"

>Head south, and return to the mansion. You notice nothing unusual at Alice's house as you pass by, and Meiling gives you a hearty greeting as you return.
>You enter the foyer of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Here you can see many expensive artworks covering the walls, and a few classical statues in tastefully arranged places. Grand stairways on either side of the foyer elegantly wend upwards toward a balcony that opens to the tower where Remilia stays. To the east are the maids' quarters, and to the west is the kitchen. To the south you can see elegant double doors leading outside. Off to the the side near the kitchen entrance is a small door leading to the basement.
>Obvious exits are SouthA, SouthB, East, WestA, WestB, and North

>writing implemention; Eighth Force where there are no shadows, Yuka about flowers (was there someone else?), Flandre's blessing
>if negatory, grumble, head to village grab one while you're there

>recheck inventory as reminderation

>You have no writing utensils.
>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue
>List of Anti-Humidity Spell components.
>Bottle of Frog Oil
>Glass of Lemonade (Unpaid)
>Bottle of Avalonian Colon-Killer Sauce Label

>_

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »
> Return to library, grab writing implement and paper
> Also grab any spell cards lying around; we're sorely underpowered

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2009, 07:40:47 AM »
>go check the library to grab a quill or something to make those notes with
>locate and examine door/passageway to Flandre's basement, consider her recent actions and mood
>try not to take too long lest you disappoint Marisa. Disappointing Marisa is unwise.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #428 on: November 20, 2009, 07:50:43 AM »
> Return to library, grab writing implement and paper
> Also grab any spell cards lying around; we're sorely underpowered

>You return to the Library. It misses you, you can feel it in your bones.
>You easily find a pen and a notepad.
>You obtain: Ballpoint Pen
>You obtain: Pad of paper.
>You also keep a few other spellcards here
>You obtain: Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn
>You obtain: Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon
>You obtain: Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech

>go check the library to grab a quill or something to make those notes with
>locate and examine door/passageway to Flandre's basement, consider her recent actions and mood
>try not to take too long lest you disappoint Marisa. Disappointing Marisa is unwise.

>You find the door to the basement easily, as it is right there in the foyer. It is marked with a few sigils of your and remilia's design to keep it from being destroyed. From what you recall, Flandre has not been particularly problematic lately.
>You are able to conclude this analysis quickly.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #429 on: November 20, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »
>the need to be hasty may impede negotiations with the Loli of Annihilation. We'll deal with her later.
>note "give her candy?" as a possibility for gaining Flandre's blessing. Along with all the other notes, if that hasn't been done already.
>recall whatever help Remilia may have given you about the anti-humidity listing
>If nothing and it would be wise to speak to Remilia about the ingredients, go forth to enquestion. Hopefully evading the maid.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #430 on: November 20, 2009, 08:18:33 AM »
>the need to be hasty may impede negotiations with the Loli of Annihilation. We'll deal with her later.
>note "give her candy?" as a possibility for gaining Flandre's blessing. Along with all the other notes, if that hasn't been done already.
>recall whatever help Remilia may have given you about the anti-humidity listing
>If nothing and it would be wise to speak to Remilia about the ingredients, go forth to enquestion. Hopefully evading the maid.

>You decide to put off dealing with Flandre for purposes of speed. But on the other hand, it's not as though Marisa is going to get bored in a tavern.
>Remilia had little to do with this project; she seldom does.
>You head up the stairs to the landing, and then climb the staurs to the clocktower where Remilia's chambers are.
>You are at the top of the clocktower. To the west are a set of double doors leading to Remilia's Chambers; and to the north is a smaller door that leads to Sakuya's room. A large portrait of European knights in battle dominates the eastern wall. Obvious exits are North, South, and West.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #431 on: November 20, 2009, 08:22:01 AM »
> Head to Sakuya's room first. If she for some reason goes insane and knifes you, Remi might be more sympathetic and willing to help... Theoretically.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #432 on: November 20, 2009, 08:25:31 AM »
>first, examine portrait
>if uninteresting, gently knock on Remilia's door and ask if she would be willing to share her wisdom
>wait, would she be awake right now? And what would Sakuya be up to?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #433 on: November 20, 2009, 08:28:18 AM »
> Head to Sakuya's room first. If she for some reason goes insane and knifes you, Remi might be more sympathetic and willing to help... Theoretically.

>first, examine portrait
>if uninteresting, gently knock on Remilia's door and ask if she would be willing to share her wisdom
>wait, would she be awake right now? And what would Sakuya be up to?

>You find that Sakuya's door is locked.
>The portray seems to be a scene from the Hundred Years War. What scene, you're not exactly sure.
>Remilia tends to be awake this time of day. She's something of an insomniac.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #434 on: November 20, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
>gently knock on Remilia's door and ask if she would be willing to share her wisdom

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #435 on: November 20, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »
>gently knock on Remilia's door and ask if she would be willing to share her wisdom

>"Come in," Remilia calls.
>You enter Remilia's chambers. She has a small suite up here, with her own sitting room, dominated by a huge loom, a dining room with balcony, and an expansive bedroom with an equally expansive four-poster bed. Obvious exits are east.
>Remilia is in the sitting room, currently messing with the loom. She looks back as you enter and gives a fangy smile. "Patchouli, my dear! It's so rare you come up and visit us anymore. Sit down, sit down! Tell us everything on your mind." She moves over to a well-stuffed chair at a table in the sitting room.

>_

theshirn

« Reply #436 on: November 20, 2009, 08:49:17 AM »
> "Us?"

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #437 on: November 20, 2009, 08:51:31 AM »
>"It's the weather, I'm afraid. The heat is so bad I can barely read. However, I'm trying to put together a spell to manage the humidity, which would help. I know what components I need, but I'm not certain where to find most of them. Here - do you have any advice, Remilia?"
>"Also, may I ask about the loom? I'm not sure I recall you having any particular interest in making clothing."

theshirn

« Reply #438 on: November 20, 2009, 08:55:17 AM »
> AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

(I really need to stay out of CPMC)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:57:42 AM by theshim »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #439 on: November 20, 2009, 08:55:55 AM »
> AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

>Collapse in a fit of asthma

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #440 on: November 20, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »
>"OH GOD, THE BEES!"

theshirn

« Reply #441 on: November 20, 2009, 08:58:56 AM »
>"OH GOD, THE BEES!"
(...you know, I specifically refrained from posting that this time)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #442 on: November 20, 2009, 09:06:06 AM »
> "Us?"

>"Oy, such a literalist, Patchouli!"

>"It's the weather, I'm afraid. The heat is so bad I can barely read. However, I'm trying to put together a spell to manage the humidity, which would help. I know what components I need, but I'm not certain where to find most of them. Here - do you have any advice, Remilia?"
>"Also, may I ask about the loom? I'm not sure I recall you having any particular interest in making clothing."

>"Ah, don't I know it! It's so hot you can hardly breathe! What is going on, that's what I want to know! Are the Akis getting lazy? Oy, what is this world coming to..." She looks over the list, and shrugs. "It's all greek to me. But I am thinking, if you want bamboo flowers, you'll be talking to that stuck up girl at Eientei. And keep that sun shard away from me if you find one!"
>"Well maybe if you come and visit us up here once in awhile! You're always working away in that library, never a thought for us. We worry for you, Patchouli, what with your condition and that little demon of yours running around at all hours..."

> AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH
>Collapse in a fit of asthma

>Ah man. And you were doing so well, too.
>Remilia screeches. You're not sure what happens next, given the circumstances, but when you can finally breathe again, you see that you are laying on Remilia's bed. If it weren't so hot, it'd be quite comfortable.
>Your current condition is: Breathless.

>"OH GOD, THE BEES!"

>You are in no condition to shout right now.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #443 on: November 20, 2009, 09:08:54 AM »
>"... hello? What just happened?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #444 on: November 20, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »
>"... hello? What just happened?"

>"Another one of your attacks is what happened!" says Remilia. "You worry us so much, Patchouli! You need to take better care of yourself! What are we going to do if we lose you?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #445 on: November 20, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »
Well, Remilia is being awfully kind.

>"Thank you... for helping me. I think I need a lie-down for a minute, but I need to meet Marisa to pay for my drink from earlier before sundown..."
>"... now that I recall, isn't the bamboo forest rather difficult to navigate? Remilia... you went to that Lunarian house once, right? Was there any real trick to getting there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #446 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »
>"Thank you... for helping me. I think I need a lie-down for a minute, but I need to meet Marisa to pay for my drink from earlier before sundown..."
>"... now that I recall, isn't the bamboo forest rather difficult to navigate? Remilia... you went to that Lunarian house once, right? Was there any real trick to getting there?"

>"What, you're drinking now!" Remilia puts a hand to her forehead and looks toward the heavens, "Oy! I watch over you for a century, a century! And this is what happens? Where did I go wrong? I've always told you those things were bad for you health! Now look at you! It's that oni's fault, mark my words Patchouli! You give up the sauce now or it'll be the end of you! Then where will I be?"
>"Hmm? That bamboo forest. I'll tell you a little secret, Patchouli, but you must never tell anyone else. I was following the miko. She looked like she knew where she was going. Not that she did..."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »
>"Remilia, stop jumping to conclusions. I'm quite well aware of that, I had lemonade, not sake."
> "So basically, you have no real idea how to get to Eientei?" *sigh* "I suppose I'll try and ask Mokou if I see her..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »
>"Remilia, stop jumping to conclusions. I'm quite well aware of that, I had lemonade, not sake."
> "So basically, you have no real idea how to get to Eientei?" *sigh* "I suppose I'll try and ask Mokou if I see her..."

>"Don't be like that, Patchouli! You have an attack, you're talking about drinks and that thief. What am I supposed to think? I worry for you for, that's all! Is it such a crime to worry about you now?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2009, 10:14:47 AM »
> "No, of course not. I appreciate your concern, I just think that you're worrying a bit too much, even if you do mean well."
> Examine room again
> "By the way, do you happen to have some idea what in here might have triggered my attack?"