Author Topic: Control lag?  (Read 54445 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Control lag?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2009, 02:26:15 AM »
It's worked for me for PCB, IN, SA, MoF. But It doesn't like TH09. anybody been able to get it to work for that one? Kinda a shame since the input lag on that one is about as bad as pcb too for me.

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2009, 03:32:13 PM »
I just noticed - the error message that shows when I try to run th06 under the vsync patch is gibberish, does this mean that I don't have all the language packs that I need? (I can type in and see japanese text usually)
Advocate of Transhumanism

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2009, 09:09:15 PM »
I just noticed - the error message that shows when I try to run th06 under the vsync patch is gibberish, does this mean that I don't have all the language packs that I need? (I can type in and see japanese text usually)

Dunno. works for me, here's what I did.
1:regional and language options in control panal->advanced, checkbox Japanese (10001)
2: -> languages (next to advanced), check "install files for east asian languages
Apply and restart computer
3: Download both files at:
http://alcahest.club.fr/perso/apploc/applocale.html
4: install the msi, then install the reg (just double click on it).. MAKE SURE you install the one that says install not uninstall >=P.
5: rightclick the vsync patch in esod folder, and select "locale Japanese".

I realize this is an awful lot like the sticky post but meh, who knows.

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »

System messages should be gibberish if you're running a non-Japanese locale - even if you have Japanese fonts installed. Anyway, Works For Me on Vista, but then, I'm running on a Japanese locale in the first place. Maybe you could try switching. If it still gives you the error, make a screenshot of it.

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
System messages should be gibberish if you're running a non-Japanese locale - even if you have Japanese fonts installed. Anyway, Works For Me on Vista, but then, I'm running on a Japanese locale in the first place. Maybe you could try switching. If it still gives you the error, make a screenshot of it.

IT
WORKS
HAHAHA
THANK YOU! <3
/caps

For bjw (if you still have the problem):
Ok so I changed two things - my display language and my non-unicode language. I still got the error after merely changing my display language, so I know that it was the non-unicode swap that made the difference, but it might still require the display language to be changed.
For the non-unicode language change, simply go to control panel --> regional and language options --> admin tab --> change system locale --> etc (it just occurred to me that this is probably what Phar meant... guess I took the long route, computer noob that I am)
For the display language change, I found a freeware program called 'Vistalizator' that allows you to, uh, change the display language by downloading microsoft... oh, just go here.

I am now going to switch my display language back to english to see if only the non-unicode language change was necessary or not.

edit:
Oh lol, I cannot but help laugh at myself. I went on a wild goose chase through google and forums, and rebooted my laptop several times to finally change my display language, and it turns out that all I had to do was change an option in the control panel.
Still.
Thanks again Phar :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:49:03 PM by Schpwuette »

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »
(it just occurred to me that this is probably what Phar meant... guess I took the long route, computer noob that I am)

Haha, sorry about that, I should have been more clear. Good to hear it works, though. The display language changing thing is a standard feature in Vista Ultimate, by the way, but it's not necessary at all to change it.

So Applocale apparently works on XP, but not on Vista?

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 12:17:40 AM »
Haha, sorry about that, I should have been more clear. Good to hear it works, though. The display language changing thing is a standard feature in Vista Ultimate, by the way, but it's not necessary at all to change it.

So Applocale apparently works on XP, but not on Vista?

Yeah XP and '03 only.
And I have Home Premium (old laptop I guess), so I needed to download that program to change the display language.

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2009, 11:53:43 PM »
I was already in Japanese Locale. Also, I tried Vistalizator; no dice. :(

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2009, 12:05:22 AM »
That is not enticing me to get Vista even more. But I have no choice. D: I don't think I can go back to playing laggy EoSD and PCB, I just don't.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2009, 01:36:01 AM »
Hi, I've been trying to get the vsync patch to work on EoSD - it works perfectly on PCB and others. I've tried everything mentioned in the thread so far (I'm on Vista) and am now running a Japanese locale and have renamed the game to 東方紅魔郷. What I now get is an error message in Japanese characters instead of gibberish. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It'd be greatly appreciated - after playing the patched PCB, EoSD now feels like the characters are flying through cheese instead of air. <_<

Edit: Okay actually nevermind, I just fixed it somehow by moving my EoSD folder over to my other hard drive. I think having Windows 7 installed on the same drive as what was going on with the whole japanese and locale stuff screwed up somewhere? I can't think of any other reason for something weird like that to have happened.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:41:19 AM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2009, 01:53:21 AM »
I heard Applocale works on Vista, it's just that you need to do the following steps(gotten from a quick search on google)
Quote from: some random forum
The installation problem is likely caused by User Account Control security measure. If you turn off User Account Control, the error likely to go away and Applocale can be installed properly. However, here is another workaround that do not need you to take security risk by disabling UAC.

1. Run an elevated command prompt by right clicking on Command Prompt on Start Menu and then select ?Run as Administrator?.

2. Click on Continue when User Account Control dialog prompt comes out.

3. Change directory to the folder where you put the apploc.msi Windows Installer Package.

4. Type apploc.msi to start the setup.

5. The Applocale installation will complete successfully.
Quote from: other post on said forum
If you really want to run Applocale; you need to run it as an elevated command. I needed to install it for some Japanese programs I use, and have found that the following solution helps.

1. Right Click on the Command Prompt option on the Start Menu and choose Run as administrator.

2. Click Continue when the User Account Control dialog comes up (assuming you have UAC activated).

3. From the Command Prompt, just run X:\Directory\apploc.msi (where X is the drive and "Directory" is your directory path) and it should install without any trouble at all. Hope this helps.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2009, 04:25:42 AM »
Didn't see this. I'm allowing this patch. I shouldn't, but I am.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »
I actually cannot see a difference in the controls with PCB and IN. I did do A LOT better with the patch than before; I 1cc'ed lunatic with 4 lives in stock remaining, a lot better than normal. I 1cc'ed IN on hard with 4 lives back in stock and beat my high score. Is it really the patch or did my skill just skyrocket overnight?

mark2000

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2009, 03:20:21 AM »
Holy shi~! To think that IN and earlier games could be easier to play by simply adding this thing. My skills are still crap but the fact that I can finally move my character the way I want her to is awesome enough for me.

BTW. How come there are also patches for 10 and 11? Is there still lag in those games?

P.S. Sticky this patch FOR GREAT JUSTICE! (honestly...even the touhou wiki doesn't in any way mention it)

@BoLaD

have you tried constantly switching over to patched and unpatched when playing either games? I tried just once during an EoSD run and quickly noticed how sluggish the original was. Same thing for PCB.

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2009, 06:28:43 AM »
I was getting exited when I found out about this patch but it turns out I can't use it for any of the games. AppLocal won't work and setting vista to japanese won't work either. I get the same error message as one of the post before me but moving the folder didn't work(I placed it on another HDD in the root folder(C:eosd)). It's weird since applocal always works for me.

nintendonut888

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2009, 06:36:56 AM »
Didn't see this. I'm allowing this patch. I shouldn't, but I am.

Nothing wrong with allowing something that allows better control. Your skill still determines the results.

And IIRC the lag is completely fixed from MoF on. If there's any it sure as hell is small, because I can make those elegant dodges VoWG lunatic requires no problem. Even in IN the lag, while noticeable, doesn't impact my playing in any way.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

mark2000

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2009, 01:42:26 AM »
And IIRC the lag is completely fixed from MoF on. If there's any it sure as hell is small, because I can make those elegant dodges VoWG lunatic requires no problem. Even in IN the lag, while noticeable, doesn't impact my playing in any way.

Are you talking about with or without the patch?

nintendonut888

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2009, 01:54:33 AM »
Without. I only use the patch for EoSD and PCB, the two games that spurred me to make this thread in the first place.

Matsuri

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2009, 09:09:15 PM »
Since this has kind of turned in to a vpatch help thread, I've been able to get it to work with EoSD, PCB, and MoF (the games I've been experiencing some problems with unpatched).  It apparently also has a fix for Danmakufu, but I get an error in Japanese with the letters "UPX".  That error seems to be listed in the readme file, but that's about as far as I can figure out.

It says the .exe is compressed with UPX and needs to be decompressed first. Google gives me http://upx.sourceforge.net/. You could try that (I've never heard of the program).

I tried using this, but the UPX.exe closes as soon as it opens. What am I doing wrong? :x

Drake

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »
You don't run it standaone as there's no GUI. It's for a command line.

Put th_dnh.exe in the same directory as upx. Create a new Notepad document and write udx -d th_dnh.exe, then save it as a .bat file in the same directory as upx. Run the bat file.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:26:41 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Matsuri

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2009, 11:38:08 PM »
Still not working. I'm so confused. xD

Drake

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2009, 11:48:36 PM »
If you did it as I said, it should have worked. Nothing pops up or whatever after you start the bat file. Try starting up vpatch now.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Matsuri

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2009, 01:24:59 AM »
Okay, finally got it running. It runs at a perfect 60 fps...

when I'm not doing anything. Once I play through something, after a minute, everything slows down to 30 fps.

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2009, 09:09:07 PM »
The vsync patch is awesome. It makes input lag disappear, so the PCB characters respond to controls immediately (instead of moving/bombing too late, and stopping too late). It's like playing while permanently focused, yet still fast movement.

Now I can finally abuse Reimu's hitbox the way it was meant to be abused  :V
(maybe this is how the no-focus people achieve their neat replays?)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2010, 03:39:03 AM »
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EoSD is playable on my computer now!

On my old computer that I've been using for this game, Windows 98se, there was the lag that this thread was talking about and frame rate changes that actually depended on how long the computer has been on, (starts at 60.00, hour or two later, 58.82, then hour or two after that, 62.50 and stay that way forever, until I reboot) and then I got a new computer with Windows 7 and the frame rate is near perfect (60.00 and every few seconds, drop for a second by 2 frames). It was also very blipy. Every two seconds, everything would get choppy.

Vsync really helped! No blips, frame rate still does what it does but not noticeable, and movement is AWESOME!!! I just have to remember to open up vsync every time I want to play EoSD.

P.S. For some reason, the volume is cranked WAY up on it now, and it's not me messing with my computer either, it wasn't like that before. I'm not sure what that's about.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:47:57 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>