Author Topic: The Aki Sisters Appreciation Anthology  (Read 40892 times)

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
The Aki Sisters Appreciation Anthology
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
The old thread: http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1902.0

...So, what has happened? Did anyone get a green light for starting? I haven't at least, even though he sent me a template for information to display in the artists' list, I'm not there, and I haven't heard from him since. Are we still doing this?

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
Re: The Aki Sisters Appreciation Anthology
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 01:42:44 AM »
Observer to the rescue!

Ok, I'm not there on the pub-site either but did you check the master list where everyone shows up? (it's another link, I'm PM'ing it to you just in case as it's not directly visible on the site and I guess it's not meant to be either) I got the approval and then a request that had a link with the templates (text files and images). New templates were provided this week too.

Also, Nakasako posted this a couple of days ago:

参加が決定している人で連絡用リストをもらっていない方はメール下さい。
If there is a person who don't know the list to report, please mail me.

He replied a couple of times to me (about promotional material, sent in two banners and a big image) and I appear on the table along with Pus2Meong and a couple more (including KirbyM). So don't hesitate to mail him and ask about this.

Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:44:24 AM by Observer »

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 04:44:01 PM »
Myself, I haven't heard anything after sending in the rough draft, despite trying to find out whether or not I got in after that as well.  It's getting to the point where I might finish and turn in an entry and then find out I was declined...

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
Nakasako in the website said waiting for Promotional Illustration. I wondering what this mean?

I'm in, since my rough was accepted. And Nakasako said now if will not replying using email, but using the website.

I have check the message today and it seems the template was different from the printers, so we need to download the new one when available ^^

Is anyone can tell me what is promotional Illustration. I'm making manga, does Promo Illust mean some kinda front cover of the manga chapter (just like in normal serial manga) ?

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »
Well, I've mailed him twice, but I'm still not on the list.
Most of the participants seem to be japanese... wasn't this an foreign artist collection?

Wait.. I saw this now... http://reine-musik.com/temp/aki/rough.htm
That's another e-mail address... I sent it to his personal mail. But.... I got the template and filled it in, so... Hurm, I dunno.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 09:02:41 AM »
Wow looking at the "hidden list" there are some badasses in the list  :o

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »
Alright, he finally replied and I'm in! ;D
Now I know what to do the next week.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 02:48:17 AM »
Alright, he finally replied and I'm in! ;D
Now I know what to do the next week.

Yes: better hurry and deliver everything before the 9th may deadline. D: (kidding, just the roughs according to the schedule posted in the old forums)

If you have something finished you can send Nakasako whatever you think might work as your promotional illustration (or the prettiest, the craziest, etc.) and he'll add it to the site. Mine was put up today and we might be added to the public list (the one visible for everyone, better take out the template link =P) soon.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 12:52:01 PM »
Aaaah, so that new image was yours  ;D

Oh, check out the template list. The deadine for the real submission is made early: 13 june.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:23:16 PM by pus2meong »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 05:48:35 PM »
Where is this list posted?

I am interested to see whom other westerners are inside.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 06:16:09 PM »
Aaaah, so that new image was yours  ;D

Oh, check out the template list. The deadine for the real submission is made early: 13 june.

Yep, that's my work. Apparently, it good a quite good reception among the japs, which is seriously awesome considering for my stuff all I got from a bunch of people was: "Wow, weird. Can't you do a little dog or a flower vase?" No, I can't. xP

And about the deadline: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... Yeah, this kinda shocked me as it leaves me with far less time than I originally had in mind.

Now I have to make haste.

Where is this list posted?

I am interested to see whom other westerners are inside.

Check the link Ragathol slipped away a couple of posts above.

I see Gensokyo.org, KirbyM and a couple more.

I also see TAM, Happy Flame Time, Nakasako himself, a guy from Maikaze and a couple more. Stassy was right, there are several badasses in the list. Quite weird to be in the middle with them.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
Previously I'm not even paying any attention about the badass list ^^. But now you mention it, and I start feeling weird too... "What the heck I'm doing here? I'm in the middle of great people! I hope I'm not causing disgrace or something to them"  ;D

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 03:04:10 AM »
I think in the realm of fanworks, you all should be equally great.

It is necessary to think you and them are mere artists working for a better future of your own through a community platform, so no one is on top of one another you know.

Thanks for the link, missed that earlier.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 04:19:52 AM »
... erm.. somehow i got in... ... any other writers got in? I'm having.. a bit of... hard time accepting this...

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »
Huh.  Did you also get in just now?  I received my notice yesterday because my e-mail got lost in the confusion... which was because the name that shows up when I use gmail was different from my given pen name.  (Not anymore... I changed it to keep a farce like that from happening again!)

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 11:59:17 PM »
yes... it was a shock.. and i scrambled to get everything settled...

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 05:50:34 PM »
Hmm, it seems like the deadline got changed back at the last minute or something.  And here I was working until sunrise worrying whether the deadline was in Japan's time zone...

However, I did get my stuff done.  Finally.  How's everyone else holding up?

Anyway, sample page:

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 12:01:55 AM »
Oh, now I can finally release some frustration!

Let's see... The microphone we had for our piano broke last week, right when my brother was planning to do the final recording. The piano was also completely out of tune due to the heavy classical work he always does.

Result? Emergency race to a studio with piano to do the final recording.

As for my artwork, well, you guys probably saw that already. It's also on my sig, the surreal/shiny/abstract Shizuha firing crazy autumnal space danmaku. That is finished. My short story+poem are also finished but I let the text rest a week and now I'm going through one last editing session tonight in order to update that and send it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 12:04:48 AM by Observer »

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »
wait what? I can?t submit anything for the Anthology anymore?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 01:02:34 AM »
dateline has been passed ages ago for submission if you paid attention..

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »
I have sent the script yesterday. Thank God the deadline was pushed back because I still not finished editing the pages at 13th. I make alot of change from the original rough, that's why I need more time to draw and thinking the alternate scene ^^;

Here is the first page sample:

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 02:11:28 AM »
Not bad, but do you have an editor for your script? Some of that English looks a little odd.

"This place not belong to you! But mine, don't forget that!" should probably be "This is my place, not yours! Don't forget that!"

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 05:04:37 AM »
I never heard anything back after sending in my rough, so... darn

I'm still going to clean it up though because I don't have time to make fresh sample comics for Otakon :s

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 05:43:40 AM »
Not bad, but do you have an editor for your script? Some of that English looks a little odd.

"This place not belong to you! But mine, don't forget that!" should probably be "This is my place, not yours! Don't forget that!"

I still learning to improve my English skill >.<

And I already sent the manga to Nakasako san :P

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
Yeah, I guess you can't do much about it now. And the since most of the people reading this are Japanese anyway, they probably won't realize it, hehe.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 03:42:16 PM »
Yeah, I guess you can't do much about it now. And the since most of the people reading this are Japanese anyway, they probably won't realize it, hehe.

This is something that worries me a bit because my stuff will go in spanish but I did an engl/rish translation for them and while I tried to make it as accurate as possible but translating is a task that demands finesse and still some words and intentions still get lost. I have an aussie friend who helped me with this, which means the text reads more like what aussies write rather than british/USA stuff. Bloody awesome, mate.

Pus2meong: Looking forward to see the rest. The art looks neat!

Someone needs to translate those Aoneko's 4komas available on the site too. I wonder what they say.

Weird news of the day: did anyone get a reply in japanese when doing the final submission? I ran it through google translator (yay for inaccuracy!) and it apparently said something about thanking and looking forward to see if they spot something weird and/or mistakes?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:46:51 PM by Observer »

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 12:14:38 AM »
Weird news of the day: did anyone get a reply in japanese when doing the final submission? I ran it through google translator (yay for inaccuracy!) and it apparently said something about thanking and looking forward to see if they spot something weird and/or mistakes?

I got one like that, too.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it said the exact same thing.  I also ran it through a translator (Babel Fish), and it seemed to say something to the effect of "we would like to write to each of the participants individually, but due to the massive amount of mail we ask for your patience".  So I guess they sent out a single cover-all message for each e-mail with entries attached... although it's a little disorienting for us foreign artists.

Other than that I think you got the gist of it, so we're pretty much done now.  Congrats to everyone who got some stuff into C76!

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:40 AM »
i got bumped by Reinemusik personally so i was @_@..

anyways, even if i am shortlisted, apparently i'm the only english fiction submission... that's kinda meh

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 03:57:15 AM »
@Observer

Yeah, I got the same reply too. And just like Graph said, Nakasako probably sending mass email to reply at once using blank carbon copy. Some of the line are make sense to me, but there's one line telling about "hemp" or something, which I never asking this kind of question XD

Oh I was wondering, since I not expecting to get paid by this project (but love if get paid XD), do we got the copy of the book?
I mean, it would be nice to have the book. (I can use it for bragging and show off to my friend, hahahahaha :D)

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
Pus2meong> (Sorry, too big to quote xP)

You're welcome. I spotted pretty fairies too and that's always good!

We are so many in this thing that I doubt any earnings will be made, especially if they go for that crazy "quality" mode that some japanese tend to take.

It would be indeed nice to get at least one copy per participant. Ah, the bragging rights, eh? To get it published is already awesome and might open the gate for future contributions and other weird stuff.

So the message was a mass mail. Heh, interesting nevertheless!