Author Topic: Re: "Mod edit title: No idea what title this should be"  (Read 28523 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Re: "Mod edit title: No idea what title this should be"
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »
The thread is not going to be unlocked under any circumstances. See above:

Independent of the reasons already provided, the posts deserved to be split off and locked because they were very disingenuous about a very touchy subject.

Frankly I'm rather suspicious of anyone that wants that thread unlocked because of how obvious the political trolling was.

If there would be any sort of "compromise" (for all that any sort of compromise is "necessary"), it would be editing a note onto the locking post clarifying this.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2018, 11:10:21 AM »
The thread is not going to be unlocked under any circumstances. See above:

Frankly I'm rather suspicious of anyone that wants that thread unlocked because of how obvious the political trolling was.

If there would be any sort of "compromise" (for all that any sort of compromise is "necessary"), it would be editing a note onto the locking post clarifying this.
Right. I have nothing more to say then. You guys keep being you.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:13:01 AM by nav' »
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

CyberAngel

• Retired
Re: "Mod edit title: No idea what title this should be"
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »
Sheesh, what happened to Hanlon's razor?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »
What about Hanlon's Razor?  Dude wasn't reprimanded or given a demerit or probated. Just the thread was shut down because it was obviously baiting. Doesn't matter what the intentions were, whether they were malicious or stupid. The fact remains shit was baiting as hell.

Likewise, ain't no one been reprimanded here. Which, if there were some vast conspiracy about it, don't you think that would've happened by now?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2018, 06:28:43 AM »
Just because the staff isn't as authoritarian as possible doesn't mean that it's okay to force questionable and suspiciously biased decisions.

But it seems like your mind is set on this one so there's no point to keep arguing about that, is there?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2018, 08:36:14 AM »
Wait, you just invoked Hanlon's razor.  That is, you acknowledged the event in question was either stupid or evil. The thing is, whether it is stupid or it is evil, it was actionable.  And it really doesn't matter which is was, because no actions were taken against the dude doing it. You've ceded that something had to be done when you claimed that Hanlon's razor was an appropriate measure for the situation.

So, I mean, we're pretty much on the same page, action was necessary? Unless you just threw that out there hoping it would stick the wall?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 09:02:54 AM »
No, I'm arguing OP's words could be genuine. The first message might look fishy indeed, but OP's later response didn't feel like baiting at all, quite the contrary.

And I guess I'm calling Hanlon's razor in sense of "don't automatically assume worst intentions (trolling) if another explanation fits just fine". But it seems that you're convinced it could only be trolling so much that no other explanation even occured to you.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2018, 12:15:52 PM »
I would think that simply locking the thread without actively punishing the user in any fashion would suggest that we're at least allowing for the possibility of stupidity, if not thinking it likely. Particularly given the additional circumstantial evidence that lent itself toward the idea of bad intent!

But perhaps this line of thinking is wrong, and I am simply stupid instead of evil?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2018, 01:19:49 PM »
...Why is "but we didn't ban anyone this time" even an argument here? As if that's supposed to make you look any better. (Hint: it doesn't, and even just mentioning that has the exact opposite effect.)

But sure. I guess the latest unspoken rule now is "don't talk about anything the staff might potentially see as trolling in any way or your topic might be locked without any warning or inquiry". Got it.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
We're bringing it up because we have otherwise no idea what you're objecting to. Like, this particular user wasn't punished in any way whatsoever. What's the problem? If it's that "the thread should not have been closed because the poster may have just been dumb" then I would say the reasons that we do not leave honeypot threads open just because the OP might be dumb should be screamingly obvious.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:46:06 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »
This is not going to be the "CyberAngel whines endlessly about every mod action" thread.