Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 229289 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2018, 03:15:37 AM »
> "That was more or less what I meant."

>"Well, yes, let her know it is safe," says Patchouli.

>"Well, I shall go get her. Just a moment."

>Patchouli nods.
>Heading out to the front hall, you find that Keine is examining one of the paintings idly. She glances over. "Is everything okay?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2018, 03:27:24 AM »
>"Yes, they checked the ingredients and found an error that would have caused an explosion. The problem has been solved. You're free to continue viewing the library, if you wish. However, I was also planning on gathering the Mansion's residents soon to explain what just happened. Not the potential explosion, so much as the reason I knew it would happen; my aforementioned trip to the future. You're welcome to join, of course."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2018, 03:55:38 AM »
>"Yes, they checked the ingredients and found an error that would have caused an explosion. The problem has been solved. You're free to continue viewing the library, if you wish. However, I was also planning on gathering the Mansion's residents soon to explain what just happened. Not the potential explosion, so much as the reason I knew it would happen; my aforementioned trip to the future. You're welcome to join, of course."

>"Are you sure that's what actually happened?" says Keine.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2018, 04:13:49 AM »
>Nod. "Not only was I there for days, I still have all the possessions from my trip. Patchouli gave up and admitted it was true, much as she didn't want to, after I gave her a scroll she wrote in the distant future. I eventually discovered someone had tried to drag my special stopwatch from this era to theirs, and I had been pulled through time along with it. I suppose it had been lost over the centuries, causing them to resort to such an extreme method."
>Chuckle. "Further details will need to wait until everyone is present, so I don't have to explain twice. Although, I did learn something I wanted to ask you about."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #574 on: June 27, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
>Nod. "Not only was I there for days, I still have all the possessions from my trip. Patchouli gave up and admitted it was true, much as she didn't want to, after I gave her a scroll she wrote in the distant future. I eventually discovered someone had tried to drag my special stopwatch from this era to theirs, and I had been pulled through time along with it. I suppose it had been lost over the centuries, causing them to resort to such an extreme method."
>Chuckle. "Further details will need to wait until everyone is present, so I don't have to explain twice. Although, I did learn something I wanted to ask you about."

>"...Maybe it would be best if you didn't do that?" says Keine.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #575 on: June 27, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
>Frown. "...mmm. I suppose you might have a point? Although first, the question I wanted to ask you... it's actually not directly related to my story, or anything that happened in it. Rather, right before I came back, I was given a very ominous warning. It wasn't for you, but you're one of the only two people I currently suspect might be able to do something to help; it's about history. And not in the scholarly sense."

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #576 on: June 27, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »
>Frown. "...mmm. I suppose you might have a point?"

> This much is fine, but...

>"Although first, the question I wanted to ask you... it's actually not directly related to my story, or anything that happened in it. Rather, right before I came back, I was given a very ominous warning. It wasn't for you, but you're one of the only two people I currently suspect might be able to do something to help; it's about history. And not in the scholarly sense."

> Hold up on this.

This should not be discussed around Patchouli, because she's going to get super-nosey about it. Frankly, I don't think anyone other than Keine and the Yakumo family should be told about it; no one else in Gensokyo will be in a good position to do anything about it, but that won't stop a lot of them from trying (and possibly making the situation worse).
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #577 on: June 27, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »
>But Patchouli isn't present right now, right? So it should be fine?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #578 on: June 27, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »
> Check to make sure no one else is around before saying anything of that.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #579 on: June 27, 2018, 06:53:27 PM »
>But Patchouli isn't present right now, right? So it should be fine?

> Check to make sure no one else is around before saying anything of that.

>Patchouli is not in the front hall.

>Frown. "...mmm. I suppose you might have a point? Although first, the question I wanted to ask you... it's actually not directly related to my story, or anything that happened in it. Rather, right before I came back, I was given a very ominous warning. It wasn't for you, but you're one of the only two people I currently suspect might be able to do something to help; it's about history. And not in the scholarly sense."

>"Go on," she says.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #580 on: June 27, 2018, 10:08:59 PM »
>?Some time from now, I don?t know how long, a week or so of history... disappears. No one knows what happened. No one will remember what happened. Not even the likes of the future?s hakutaku had any idea. My only hint was a warning I am to give to Yukari Yakumo; ?Beware the formless one.??

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2018, 12:59:21 AM »
>?Some time from now, I don?t know how long, a week or so of history... disappears. No one knows what happened. No one will remember what happened. Not even the likes of the future?s hakutaku had any idea. My only hint was a warning I am to give to Yukari Yakumo; ?Beware the formless one.??

>Keine blinks. "I'm sorry, I have no idea what could cause that."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2018, 01:20:29 AM »
>?I don?t imagine you?d be able to tell when it might happen? I suppose it hasn?t disappeared yet so probably not...?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2018, 02:32:05 AM »
>?I don?t imagine you?d be able to tell when it might happen? I suppose it hasn?t disappeared yet so probably not...?

>"I don't even know what "it" might be," says Keine, "Let alone when it might strike."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2018, 05:59:40 AM »
>"Hmm... I suppose I'll just have to hope Yukari has a better idea, given I was told to give the warning to her. Still, if something strange does begin to happen to history in the near future, at least I have given you a heads up."

WELL THAT'S ABOUT ALL I GOT FOR THAT MATTER

I'll leave the intricacies of how we handle sharing or not-sharing our future trip news to Kilga

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2018, 06:27:46 AM »
>"Hmm... I suppose I'll just have to hope Yukari has a better idea, given I was told to give the warning to her. Still, if something strange does begin to happen to history in the near future, at least I have given you a heads up."

>"I'll try to keep it in mind," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #586 on: July 12, 2018, 02:58:13 AM »
Ugh I intentionally stopped reading out of irritation at this going exactly the direction I didn't want it to only to check back in and find it was specifically abandoned and left to me to clean up! Well then OKAY

> "Regardless, to more immediately important matters, this is where things get a mite tricky. In order to save the future, prevent any further time travel, and make preserving present consistencies as unaggravating for the hakutaku of the future as possible, two things must happen. One is that I must either vanish for about a day, or enter my own special brand of stasis for the same amount of time. Whichever path is chosen, I will be depending on you to at least support my story, so it does not seem as though I am simply trying to get out of my job for a day for no reason."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #587 on: July 12, 2018, 03:00:54 AM »
> "Regardless, to more immediately important matters, this is where things get a mite tricky. In order to save the future, prevent any further time travel, and make preserving present consistencies as unaggravating for the hakutaku of the future as possible, two things must happen. One is that I must either vanish for about a day, or enter my own special brand of stasis for the same amount of time. Whichever path is chosen, I will be depending on you to at least support my story, so it does not seem as though I am simply trying to get out of my job for a day for no reason."

>Keine doesn't seem to quite fully comprehend; in fact she seems a tad glassy-eyed. But she nods. "I'll be sure to tell them you're not just trying to skip out your job."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #588 on: July 12, 2018, 03:22:45 AM »
> "Excellent. And the other thing that needs to happen, which I understand may be a tremendous undertaking, is that, upon my return to normal society, I will need you and Miss Fujiwara to accompany me to the Lunarian manor for a meeting with Miss Houraisan, Doctor Yagokoro, and Reisen."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #589 on: July 12, 2018, 03:42:13 AM »
> "Excellent. And the other thing that needs to happen, which I understand may be a tremendous undertaking, is that, upon my return to normal society, I will need you and Miss Fujiwara to accompany me to the Lunarian manor for a meeting with Miss Houraisan, Doctor Yagokoro, and Reisen."

>Keine frowns. "...That may be a little difficult. Mokou and the Princess...don't get along. But I'll see what I can do. We may have to meet somewhere else."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #590 on: July 12, 2018, 04:03:08 AM »
> "I understand, and that is fine. Frankly, the fewer unrelated people around, the better. But it does need to be all five of you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #591 on: July 12, 2018, 04:13:38 AM »
> "I understand, and that is fine. Frankly, the fewer unrelated people around, the better. But it does need to be all five of you."

>"I'll try to warm her up to it tonight," says Keine.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #592 on: July 12, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »
> "Thank you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #593 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:23 PM »
> "Thank you."

>"Well, it's the least I can, if you really did save us from some kind of accident," says Keine. "Having a dinner isn't that much of a request, even if it does involve getting those two to sit down together. They're adults, though, even if they act like children sometimes."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #594 on: July 12, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »
> "Indeed. And I imagine they will have a vested interest in resolving this situation; the future is not particularly kind to either of them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #595 on: July 12, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »
> "Indeed. And I imagine they will have a vested interest in resolving this situation; the future is not particularly kind to either of them."

>"Assuming they believe you," says Keine. "It...might be a good idea to play down that sort of angle, if you ask me."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #596 on: July 12, 2018, 07:27:26 PM »
> Grin just a bit.
> "I'm not too terribly worried about that. Even if you don't recognize these, the Lunarians will."
> Pull out the future Reisen gems.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #597 on: July 12, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »
> Grin just a bit.
> "I'm not too terribly worried about that. Even if you don't recognize these, the Lunarians will."
> Pull out the future Reisen gems.

>Keine raises an eyebrow. "Huh. Those look like they might be valuable. I think I remember seeing one of them at Kourindou, a long time ago."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #598 on: July 12, 2018, 08:17:48 PM »
> "They presently belong to Reisen. I imagine she will be surprised to see them when she presumably still possesses them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #599 on: July 12, 2018, 08:22:09 PM »
> "They presently belong to Reisen. I imagine she will be surprised to see them when she presumably still possesses them."

>Keine nods. "I imagine she would be... Are they unique?"

>_