Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 229308 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2018, 12:23:43 PM »
Man, no one has any respect for elegance anymore.

>Look towards Koakuma. "I had to turn down enough offers of that from you and your entourage in the future, as it is." Chuckle.
>Look towards Patchouli. "I have a scroll your future self wrote that you can see later, if that will convince you." Grin.  "Just don't go in the library for awhile. If it doesn't explode soon, I presume it happens directly from you messing with your experiment, in which case I'd recommend either ceasing, or continuing somewhere outside."
>Look towards Keine. "Can we talk elsewhere for a moment? And, my apologies for the grim statement. Crisis averted... it's just been a rough few days. Saving history itself is no walk in the park, even if it did involve lots of walking."

> Hold up on all of these for a moment.

I think it is unwise to be so flippant - don't forget that we still need to "disappear" for a day. From Patchouli's (and Remilia's) perspective, this amounts to a sudden day off request, which is normally frowned upon even when the justification is not something as insane as "I traveled to the future before going back further in time than when I started and I want to alter the course of history". At the very least, we should be working to confirm the possibility of an explosion and prevent it permanently, not driving Patchouli into a panic and then immediately peace-ing out with Keine.

We have this to work with...

>"I'm still working on that," says Patchouli. "My suspicion is that one of my reagents had gone bad."

...so we should be looking into that, not only to help verify our story and validate our fear-mongering, but also to prevent that same reagent from being unknowingly used later on down the line, causing another explosion.

> "I have a few pieces of physical evidence I can offer to help verify my story, but that can wait. I recall that the you of tomorrow, Lady Patchouli, said she had not concretely determined the cause of the explosion, but that she suspected one of the reagents had gone bad. Perhaps we should investigate those? Without putting Miss Keine at risk, of course."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:26:50 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #511 on: June 22, 2018, 04:47:52 PM »
> "I have a few pieces of physical evidence I can offer to help verify my story, but that can wait. I recall that the you of tomorrow, Lady Patchouli, said she had not concretely determined the cause of the explosion, but that she suspected one of the reagents had gone bad. Perhaps we should investigate those? Without putting Miss Keine at risk, of course."

>"...If I do this, will you leave me alone to continue my work?" says Patchouli.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »
> "If that is what you wish."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #513 on: June 22, 2018, 05:15:44 PM »
> "If that is what you wish."

>"Fine, let's get this over with," says Patchouli, as she heads back into the library.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #514 on: June 22, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »
> Look back to Keine.
> "Please wait here."
> Follow Patchouli back inside the library.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »
> Look back to Keine.
> "Please wait here."
> Follow Patchouli back inside the library.

>"You're helping," Patchouli says to her familiar, as you follow her back inside.
>"Nuts," Koakuma mumbles as she follows the two of you back inside.
>"Is there anything you'd like us to pay attention to?" Patchouli says. "Anything else we ought to know?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
> "Unfortunately not. The future you was still recovering and did not elaborate much. She may have thought the finer details would have been lost on me, which would likely have been true. I am not even sure exactly at what point the experiment went wrong, as I was conversing with the mermaid that recently moved into the lake at the time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #517 on: June 22, 2018, 06:22:31 PM »
> "Unfortunately not. The future you was still recovering and did not elaborate much. She may have thought the finer details would have been lost on me, which would likely have been true. I am not even sure exactly at what point the experiment went wrong, as I was conversing with the mermaid that recently moved into the lake at the time."

>"I think that last part may be the most surprising bit of all," Patchouli says.
>The three of you reach the center of the library. "Petite, you will read off each of the components, and I will check over them," Patchouli says.
>"Sure thing, boss," Koakuma says, as she plops down on a chair, crossing her legs with excessive provocativeness and giving you a saucy wink as she pulls out a slip of paper from her breast pocket. She then begins to read down a lengthy list, naming things such a Butter of Antimony and King's Yellow, and other times rattling off long mixtures. Patchouli confirms each one, clearly bored. Minutes pass.
>"182 pinches of Verdigris, dissolved into Aqua Fortis," Koakuma reads.
>Patchouli gives the devil a sour look. "I have no time for your jokes, particularly I'm already dealing with Sakuya's jokes."
>"What are you talking about?" Koakuma says, frowning. "I'm just reading the list."
>"That is not on the list. Only a fool or Marisa would ever consider more than 130 pinches of Verdigris," Patchouli says.
>"Then why'd you write down 182, you butt monster?" Koakuma says.
>"I absolutely did not," Patchouli says, as she approaches her familiar.
>"Then I guess you're the words best witch who can't read, because that's what it says!" Koakuma says, as she thrusts the list in Patchouli's face.
>"...What in the world?" Patchouli says, frowning at the list.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #518 on: June 22, 2018, 06:31:32 PM »
> Blink.
> Frown just a slight bit.
> "...Is someone perhaps playing a prank on you, Lady Patchouli? That seems an oddly specific numerical error."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #519 on: June 22, 2018, 07:13:34 PM »
> Blink.
> Frown just a slight bit.
> "...Is someone perhaps playing a prank on you, Lady Patchouli? That seems an oddly specific numerical error."

>"Come look at this," Patchouli says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #520 on: June 22, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
> Move over and have a look at the list.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #521 on: June 22, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »
> Move over and have a look at the list.

>You look at the list, and make your way down the esoteric ingredients.
>When you get to verdigris in aqua fortis, you...aren't immediately sure what it says. Either it is 182 pinches, or it is 102 pinches and there is a very unfortunately drop of stray ink in the middle.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #522 on: June 22, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
> "Huh...it looks perhaps like some ink accidentally dropped onto a very unfortunate location. I assume that is intended to be 102 instead of 182?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #523 on: June 22, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »
> "Huh...it looks perhaps like some ink accidentally dropped onto a very unfortunate location. I assume that is intended to be 102 instead of 182?"

>"See?" Patchouli says.
>Koakuma crosses her arms, her headwings clenched tightly. "That is an 8, who are you trying to fool?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #524 on: June 22, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
> Sigh.
> "I believe we have found the source of the prior explosion, then."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #525 on: June 22, 2018, 08:15:59 PM »
> Sigh.
> "I believe we have found the source of the prior explosion, then."

>"This would definitely cause an explosion, yes," Patchouli says. "The Verdigris would retain too much reified ether, and then when the casting was completely, it would all go up."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #526 on: June 22, 2018, 08:27:55 PM »
> Nod.
> "At least we have averted a crisis and saved Miss Keine from danger. There are now other tricky things to attend to, but none as important as this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »
> Nod.
> "At least we have averted a crisis and saved Miss Keine from danger. There are now other tricky things to attend to, but none as important as this."

>"...Yes, yes you have," Patchouli says. "Frankly, I thought you flipped your frilly headband; and I think you still have; but I must acknowledge that you stopped what could have been a real problem. Thank you."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2018, 10:21:16 PM »
> "You're quite welcome, Lady Patchouli. And here, a novelty I happened upon in the future that may turn out to be more useful than expected."
> Take out the Monday Magic scroll and hand it to her.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2018, 10:29:39 PM »
> "You're quite welcome, Lady Patchouli. And here, a novelty I happened upon in the future that may turn out to be more useful than expected."
> Take out the Monday Magic scroll and hand it to her.

>You hand her the scroll. She takes it, frowns at it, then unrolls it and starts to peruse.
>"...What in the world? Did Marisa make this?" she says at length. "D-did she publish me without me even knowing?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2018, 10:43:16 PM »
> "I would guess not, she had been dead for a very long time."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2018, 10:50:09 PM »
> "I would guess not, she had been dead for a very long time."

>"That's not what I-" she starts, then sighs. "I give up. Fine, you've been to the future."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2018, 11:11:42 PM »
> Smile just a bit.
> "My apologies for infecting you with the crazy."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2018, 11:46:10 PM »
> Smile just a bit.
> "My apologies for infecting you with the crazy."

>"Yes, thank you," Patchouli says. "I suppose we'll need to do something about this, in the meantime."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #534 on: June 23, 2018, 12:04:02 AM »
> Do we actually still have the Picture of Future Flan, or was that a copypaste error?
> "Well, this is where things get a bit awkward. We should probably have Miss Keine rejoin us before I go on, however. And I imagine Mistress will wish to hear about this as well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #535 on: June 23, 2018, 12:58:23 AM »
> Do we actually still have the Picture of Future Flan, or was that a copypaste error?
> "Well, this is where things get a bit awkward. We should probably have Miss Keine rejoin us before I go on, however. And I imagine Mistress will wish to hear about this as well."

>You still have it.
>"I would be just as happy that she not hear about this little near disaster, if I am being quite honest," Patchouli says.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #536 on: June 23, 2018, 01:07:32 AM »
>"Oh, I don't mean the potential explosion. I mean the other matter."  Gesture towards the scroll. "Finding a scroll you wrote is far from being the only thing that occurred during my trip through time."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #537 on: June 23, 2018, 01:16:14 AM »
> "Such as this. Which I will want to keep for myself, at least until I am confident I won't be dragged forward in time again."
> Pull out and offer the Flanpic.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #538 on: June 23, 2018, 01:38:27 AM »
>"Oh, I don't mean the potential explosion. I mean the other matter."  Gesture towards the scroll. "Finding a scroll you wrote is far from being the only thing that occurred during my trip through time."

> "Such as this. Which I will want to keep for myself, at least until I am confident I won't be dragged forward in time again."
> Pull out and offer the Flanpic.

>Patchouli looks at it and furrows her brow. "You're just full of surprises today."
>"Wow, you can't even recognize her," Koakuma says.
>"You just did, we both did," Patchouli says.
>"That's not what I meant!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #539 on: June 23, 2018, 01:46:59 AM »
> "Mmhmm. And there's one more that you will care about, though it is a delivery for Margatroid for services rendered."
> Put the picture away and lug out Alice's research.