Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 226095 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #600 on: March 15, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
> "She said something about how Lunar society has started changing, which she was never expecting to happen. She does not want them to change, because it would invalidate her reasons for doing what she did in the past. Her intent was to acquire my watch and apply her power of eternity on it after activating it, keeping the Lunarians frozen in time forever. This came with the unfortunate side effect of keeping all of reality frozen in time forever, but that was a price she was willing to pay."

>"...Honestly?" says Alice. "That's...something, isn't it?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #601 on: March 15, 2018, 05:32:54 PM »
> "It certainly is. And she did actually succeed in obtaining my watch from the Haihan treasury, and demonstrating she was capable of what she wished to do. That was...a rather frightening experience, I must confess."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #602 on: March 15, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »
>"She didn't seem to be entirely prepared for an intense fight, but given our battle took place in frozen time, neither was I. Without any of my spellcards or normal tricks, we were evenly matched... in a fight that would end as soon as I got tired of fighting the flow of time. In the end, I had to talk her down, instead."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #603 on: March 15, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »
> "It certainly is. And she did actually succeed in obtaining my watch from the Haihan treasury, and demonstrating she was capable of what she wished to do. That was...a rather frightening experience, I must confess."
>"She didn't seem to be entirely prepared for an intense fight, but given our battle took place in frozen time, neither was I. Without any of my spellcards or normal tricks, we were evenly matched... in a fight that would end as soon as I got tired of fighting the flow of time. In the end, I had to talk her down, instead."

>Alice nods. "It's good you were able to talk her down. I want to imagine she wouldn't have wanted to go through with that if she thought there was another option"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #604 on: March 15, 2018, 08:37:46 PM »
> "Well, no, she would have, if I did not present her with a unique opportunity to change the past. I am exceedingly likely to never influence Lunarian society, but she has also been abandoned, in one way or another, by everyone here on Earth that was important to her, which I *can* affect."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #605 on: March 16, 2018, 01:59:55 AM »
> "Well, no, she would have, if I did not present her with a unique opportunity to change the past. I am exceedingly likely to never influence Lunarian society, but she has also been abandoned, in one way or another, by everyone here on Earth that was important to her, which I *can* affect."

>Alice nods. "I suppose that's true."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #606 on: March 16, 2018, 02:04:12 AM »
> "After that, I returned to this region via alerting Great Sage Yakumo in a predetermined manner. I apologize for not retrieving you beforehand, but time seemed of the essence, and she is not particularly thrilled that more people than just me know where she lives."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #607 on: March 16, 2018, 03:00:01 AM »
> "After that, I returned to this region via alerting Great Sage Yakumo in a predetermined manner. I apologize for not retrieving you beforehand, but time seemed of the essence, and she is not particularly thrilled that more people than just me know where she lives."

>Alice makes a face, and gives kind of a groan. "i guess I understand, as much as I don't like it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #608 on: March 16, 2018, 03:08:51 AM »
> "Sorry."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #609 on: March 16, 2018, 03:35:52 AM »
> "Sorry."

>"Yeah, it's fine," Alice says, crossing her arms and looking away for a moment. "At least I can say I kept that Sachiko from resolving the incident before the other one did."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #610 on: March 16, 2018, 03:38:57 AM »
> "How did the two of them fare, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: March 16, 2018, 03:41:53 AM »
> "How did the two of them fare, anyway?"

>"By the time I left, they had a kettle on," says Alice. "I think it'll be alright."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #612 on: March 16, 2018, 03:44:19 AM »
> "Yes, that sounds like it will be fine."
> Frown a bit.
> "Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for me for sure, given what is on the immediate horizon in this time period."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #613 on: March 16, 2018, 03:46:54 AM »
> "Yes, that sounds like it will be fine."
> Frown a bit.
> "Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for me for sure, given what is on the immediate horizon in this time period."

>Alice nods. looking at you expectantly.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #614 on: March 16, 2018, 03:49:36 AM »
> "I apologize in advance if this gets uncomfortable for you, but I have...learned the whereabouts of a certain missing person."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #615 on: March 16, 2018, 04:24:28 AM »
> "I apologize in advance if this gets uncomfortable for you, but I have...learned the whereabouts of a certain missing person."

>"Oh?" says Alice.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2018, 04:37:44 AM »
>"I took a trip to Makai and talked to Koakuma, the devil who used to be the mansion's library assistant. ...she told me about Patchouli."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2018, 05:05:40 AM »
>"I took a trip to Makai and talked to Koakuma, the devil who used to be the mansion's library assistant. ...she told me about Patchouli."

>"...Just what did she tell you about Patchouli?" Alice says, her face going a bit white. ...Given she doesn't seem to have blood, judging from those wounds, that is impressive.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2018, 05:13:59 AM »
>"It was rather gruesome. Do I need to explain, or do you... already know?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #619 on: March 16, 2018, 05:30:25 AM »
>"It was rather gruesome. Do I need to explain, or do you... already know?"

>"No, I don't know," says Alice.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2018, 05:48:13 AM »
>Nod. "I wasn't sure. It... it's not good." Grimace. "In Makai they call her the Purple Monster, and Koakuma called her a screeching maniac, from the time she attempted approaching her. She blasts people to bits on sight, and is powerful enough that no one in Makai has managed to stop her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #621 on: March 16, 2018, 05:54:44 AM »
>Nod. "I wasn't sure. It... it's not good." Grimace. "In Makai they call her the Purple Monster, and Koakuma called her a screeching maniac, from the time she attempted approaching her. She blasts people to bits on sight, and is powerful enough that no one in Makai has managed to stop her."

>"...Urgh, I knew it..." Alice groans.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #622 on: March 16, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
For the record I'm pretty sure Koakuma has been calling her the Purple Monster behind her back since the dawn of their contract. :V It's a pet name akin to Big Red and Knives.

> "So...the Young Mistress and I intend to do something about the situation."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #623 on: March 16, 2018, 10:08:22 AM »
> "So...the Young Mistress and I intend to do something about the situation."

>"...You're going to...?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #624 on: March 16, 2018, 10:15:05 AM »
> "She and I have rather different opinions on the most appropriate way to do so, however. I have no idea how this is going to go."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #625 on: March 16, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »
> "She and I have rather different opinions on the most appropriate way to do so, however. I have no idea how this is going to go."

>"...Hm, well," says Alice. "I guess I can't be surprised by that."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »
> "I did not tell her the circumstances surrounding Lady Patchouli's reappearance, only that she has been brought back from the dead. I did not know how much or how little you would be willing to reveal."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2018, 10:57:03 AM »
> "I did not tell her the circumstances surrounding Lady Patchouli's reappearance, only that she has been brought back from the dead. I did not know how much or how little you would be willing to reveal."

>"...Thanks," says Alice. "I'm sure she'll have questions. And I'll bet Patchouli has answers. But if I could dodge around that, it'd be all the better right now. So, you're saying she's in Makai, then?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #628 on: March 16, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »
> "Lady Patchouli is, yes. The Young Mistress is presently preparing for the trip there."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #629 on: March 16, 2018, 04:02:31 PM »
>"Considering that she's likely to be... lethally aggressive, I'm glad you got back before I went. I was hoping you'd have some advice, given you made her artificial body."