Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 226087 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Sakuya Quest 14 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #360 on: January 20, 2018, 01:12:17 AM »
>Show her the Monday Magic scroll.
>"It's another long story, but... to put it simply, the magician who wrote the scroll has gone rogue, and I may need to stop them before they can cause any further harm. This isn't my area of expertise, but I was hoping the scroll may be useful in some way."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #361 on: January 20, 2018, 09:05:57 AM »
>Show her the Monday Magic scroll.
>"It's another long story, but... to put it simply, the magician who wrote the scroll has gone rogue, and I may need to stop them before they can cause any further harm. This isn't my area of expertise, but I was hoping the scroll may be useful in some way."

>She looks at the scroll, then lets out a long, impressed whistle. "This is a classic you have, here. Not even one of those chintzy modern editions, none of those things are any good."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2018, 05:15:11 AM »
>Chuckle. "Yes, I suppose this is from quite awhile back."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2018, 10:38:03 AM »
>Chuckle. "Yes, I suppose this is from quite awhile back."

>"Most of them these days, they're just a bunch of diced up grimoires mashed up together because they look good," Flare says. "But they're not worth anything to anyone except petty little street magicians. So, what're you asking for it?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2018, 04:32:08 PM »
>Raise eyebrows. "Oh! I didn't come to sell it. Rather, I may be facing the author of this scroll in battle... I was hoping it could be helpful somehow. I might be wrong, though."
>Frown and lower our voice. "It's important to mention that the author is... not obeying spellcard rules anymore. Another story there, but to make it short, I've been told they've gone completely berserk and blast people on sight."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2018, 04:34:40 PM »
>Raise eyebrows. "Oh! I didn't come to sell it. Rather, I may be facing the author of this scroll in battle... I was hoping it could be helpful somehow. I might be wrong, though."
>Frown and lower our voice. "It's important to mention that the author is... not obeying spellcard rules anymore. Another story there, but to make it short, I've been told they've gone completely berserk and blast people on sight."

>"Oh, you need to tell the Hakurei Goddess about that," says Flare, frowning. "She'll set them straight!"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »
>"Ah, the problem is, while the author is from here, they've run off elsewhere. She'd get in a mess sending a shrine maiden out of her jurisdiction. So instead... well, it's a personal matter for me, so the goddess has nothing to do with it if -I- meddle in other place's affairs." Wink. "She recommended you to me, actually."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2018, 05:29:25 PM »
>"Ah, the problem is, while the author is from here, they've run off elsewhere. She'd get in a mess sending a shrine maiden out of her jurisdiction. So instead... well, it's a personal matter for me, so the goddess has nothing to do with it if -I- meddle in other place's affairs." Wink. "She recommended you to me, actually."

>"I don't quite get what you mean," says Flare. "But I'm really not interested in going to fight her. But, did the Hakurei Goddess really recommend me, of all people?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2018, 05:32:22 PM »
>Shake our head. "Oh, gracious no. I'll handle all of that. The recommendation was simply for seeing if the scroll could be of help."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »
>Shake our head. "Oh, gracious no. I'll handle all of that. The recommendation was simply for seeing if the scroll could be of help."

>"Hmm...let me look through it?" she says.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »
>"But of course." Nod and hand over the scroll.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2018, 07:13:59 PM »
>"But of course." Nod and hand over the scroll.

>She takes it, unrolls it on the counter, and starts to skim. "So what sorts of things are you looking for?" she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »
> "Despite ignoring spellcard rules, it is exceedingly likely she will be using magic by that metaphorical playbook. I need to know the best ways to approach and counter someone using the techniques described in that scroll."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »
> "Despite ignoring spellcard rules, it is exceedingly likely she will be using magic by that metaphorical playbook. I need to know the best ways to approach and counter someone using the techniques described in that scroll."

>She nods. "Your best bet would be to employ antipodal elements," she says. "In this case, it would be the sun. Let me see if it describes any specific techniques, though."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2018, 07:40:48 PM »
> "Certainly."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2018, 08:22:36 PM »
> "Certainly."

>"It'll take a bit," she says. "But from what I know, and from what this is affirming, this brand of magic is largely about purifications, transformations, and madness. It doesn't weaponize cleanly or efficiently, but there's certainly ways to do it, and given how unusual those kinds of attacks are, they're difficult to defend against."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #376 on: January 22, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »
> "Take your time, then."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »
> "Take your time, then."

Flare nods absently as she unrolls the scroll a bit more. "Hmmm. Yeah, none of this stuff yet is specifically deadly, but...do it just wrong or do it right and you'll have a hard time surviving."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #378 on: January 22, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
> "The caster, or the target?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »
> "The caster, or the target?"

>"Either or, when you get to the end of it," says Flare, not looking up. "But I meant the target. I mean, this spell to cleanse the blood of foul impurities sounds nice, until you make it too intense and it just destroys your blood entirely."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2018, 11:52:11 PM »
> "That sounds exceedingly painful."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2018, 12:19:45 AM »
> "That sounds exceedingly painful."

>"Probably for a little bit, yeah," says Flare.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2018, 01:31:14 AM »
> "Does it happen instantly when she casts the spell? Or does she have to actually hit me with something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2018, 01:35:56 AM »
> "Does it happen instantly when she casts the spell? Or does she have to actually hit me with something?"

>"This one in particular?" says Flare, "They'd have to be close, but that's it. If you couldn't resist it, and you wouldn't instinctively try because it's not like sleep magic or anything that forces you to do something weird, that would be it."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2018, 01:21:08 PM »
> Grimace just a slight bit.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2018, 01:58:49 PM »
> Grimace just a slight bit.

>She doesn't seem to notice your grimace, as she is busy reading. But after a moment of silence she says, "Yeah, it's grisly. But the good news is that it's also a stupid way to kill someone. I mean, fire does it for free, you just need to tell it what to do. And rocks have all that  weight and hardness, you just need to get them moving or sharp. But stuff like this? It's not efficient at all. It's like trying to cut vegetables by putting an oni in a headlock and slamming their horn into the cutting board. It kind of works? And if you don't care what the results look like?"

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »
> "Ah, well...unfortunately, I suspect this person does indeed not care what the results look like."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »
> "Ah, well...unfortunately, I suspect this person does indeed not care what the results look like."

>"I imagine not. But you still have to wrestle that oni over to your cutting board," says Flare. "Oh, this is nasty. This one's actually a hostile spell. If it hits you, it breaks you down into your elements. I wonder how that'd affect most Youkai? ...Probably like most humans."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
> "Quite. Do you happen to know anyone who uses sun magic and would also be either brave enough or foolhardy enough to face a foe such as this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
> "Quite. Do you happen to know anyone who uses sun magic and would also be either brave enough or foolhardy enough to face a foe such as this?"

>She shakes her head. "No one specializes like that except crazy people. ...Yes I realize I'm taking about magicians, just work with me here. You have to remember this isn't a system devoted to just mastering one element, it's a system devoted to making use of every element at the times it is best to do so. And the sun's day is about as far away as it can get right now."

>_