Author Topic: Extremely low fps in th6/7  (Read 6774 times)

Extremely low fps in th6/7
« on: September 01, 2017, 08:17:11 PM »
Since I tried an early PCB trial I found here in the forums all of my installed Touhou games in the Local Disk (C:) ≻ Program Files do gradually drop from a rather fast paced 60fps to extremely low fps, the lowest I could get was 5fps. I have the vsync patch and dx8 to dx9 converter in both of the games, and the force 60fps option in custom.exe doesn't prevent the current bug.

My drivers are updated and I used to have steady 60fps before. I also tried to install eosd and pcb outside the program files' folder but still getting atrociously low fps. Only HSiFS' trial version is functioning properly with the steady 60 fps but that is in the download's folder, outside Local disk.

Thanks for reading and for your possible help.

Re: Extremely low fps in th6/7
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
Try rebooting your computer.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:09:33 PM »
Try rebooting your computer.

Restarting or shutting down didn't make any difference unfortunately.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 08:34:43 PM »
What is your OS/hardware? Is it the same on vanilla games without any mods installed? Does windowed/full screen make a difference?

Run a malware scan with Malwarebytes or something. Also try uninstalling any unneeded applications, or removing them from autostart (reboot afterwards).

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 11:56:07 PM »
What is your OS/hardware? Is it the same on vanilla games without any mods installed? Does windowed/full screen make a difference?

Run a malware scan with Malwarebytes or something. Also try uninstalling any unneeded applications, or removing them from autostart (reboot afterwards).

I think the root of the problem was that I checked compatibility mode in the trial's executable file and it somehow messed with eosd/pcb. After unchecking the compatibility modes of the pcb trial/eosd/pcb the stable 60fps returns to normal.