Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220888 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #900 on: February 08, 2018, 06:11:38 AM »
> "FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES, it's a restaurant, we're gonna have our victory dinner there! I've been waiting for you to try a burger 'cause it's kind of the specialty food of this country, but they can be pretty different depending on where you get them, so I wanted to pick a high end burger joint, and Five Guys is one of the best, I mean, that's why I skipped the Burger King earlier, I mean Burger King's okay, it's got kind of a unique flame-cooked taste, but Five Guys blows it away, but I was wondering if we were gonna be lucky enough to run into one because I'd settle for a Checker's otherwise, or a Rally's - they're the same thing they just have different names for some reason - but right out of the blue, we pull off the highway and there it is!, Five Guys Burgers and Fries!!"

>"Well, isn't that something?" says Archer, smirking. "Now you have me expecting something truly special."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #901 on: February 08, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
> "And you even get free peanuts!!"
> Park the car and head in!
> "Don't let the utilitarian decor fool you, it's really good."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #902 on: February 08, 2018, 09:39:57 PM »
> "And you even get free peanuts!!"
> Park the car and head in!
> "Don't let the utilitarian decor fool you, it's really good."

>She laughs. "Okay, okay, sure," Archer says as you lead her into the establishment.
>It is fairly crowded, and it takes awhile for you to get your food. But Archer, at least, doesn't seem to mind waiting. She does attract a bit of attention from other people, what we her barely fitting clothing and blatant wearing of the Three Wolf Moon shirt, which you're sure at least one person here recognizes, But all in all, things go well. Archer decides to go all out, getting a bacon cheeseburger and every free topping they have; reasoning that is the place is as esteemed as you say there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. She does not seem to be disappointed with the results, given how she tears through it. You hope this makes up for yesterday's experience, at least.
>"You know," she says, as she works on the last quarter of her meal, having gone through a couple napkins for all the sauce that has gone everywhere, "You never did tell me what our next step was going to be."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #903 on: February 08, 2018, 11:20:12 PM »
> "Right, right, right."
> Send the rest of the conversation.
> "So, we'll get some rest tonight. Tomorrow we'll keep following my, uh, magic sense and we'll go look for the Grail. When we get close, if we're lucky we'll run into an overseer and they'll explain everything so I can make an informed decision about how I want to do things."
> "If not...I'm sure the other masters and servants are going to be on their way here as well, so if we run into one, we'll say our piece and fight it out."
> "If we don't come across them by chance, I'm thinking instead of hiding that mana battery, we could use it as a lure. I'm not sure how the other servants are going about searching for us, but a strong mana source is liable to get some attention."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #904 on: February 08, 2018, 11:30:54 PM »
> "Right, right, right."
> Send the rest of the conversation.
> "So, we'll get some rest tonight. Tomorrow we'll keep following my, uh, magic sense and we'll go look for the Grail. When we get close, if we're lucky we'll run into an overseer and they'll explain everything so I can make an informed decision about how I want to do things."
> "If not...I'm sure the other masters and servants are going to be on their way here as well, so if we run into one, we'll say our piece and fight it out."
> "If we don't come across them by chance, I'm thinking instead of hiding that mana battery, we could use it as a lure. I'm not sure how the other servants are going about searching for us, but a strong mana source is liable to get some attention."

>Archer nods as you shift the conversation.
>"I think it's likely the others are on their way here," Archer sends. "We did meet two of them on the way, if not more. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Lancer has already set up shop somewhere, if they did get ahead of us like he seems otbe taunting."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #905 on: February 08, 2018, 11:39:15 PM »
> "I'm sure he's around here, yeah. Oh, come to think of it..."
> Check our phone.
> "I've been feeling like the Grail is near the sea, and the Delaware seacoast has a bunch of national parks, so he's probably in his element. Thankfully, the woods are your element too."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #906 on: February 09, 2018, 01:36:37 AM »
> "I'm sure he's around here, yeah. Oh, come to think of it..."
> Check our phone.
> "I've been feeling like the Grail is near the sea, and the Delaware seacoast has a bunch of national parks, so he's probably in his element. Thankfully, the woods are your element too."

>You check your phone, but it doesn't seem like Lancer has taken the time to taunt you any more, lately.
>"Is that so? Well, I suppose the best thing we can do is not follow him into any of them," Archer sends.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #907 on: February 09, 2018, 02:48:24 AM »
> Finish our own burg, and then work on any free peanuts remaining, as we return to normal conversation.
> "What do you think? Worth the fuss?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #908 on: February 09, 2018, 03:25:01 AM »
> Finish our own burg, and then work on any free peanuts remaining, as we return to normal conversation.
> "What do you think? Worth the fuss?"

>"It's pretty good!" says Archer. "I'm not used to having all these sauces at once, which makes it feel really excessive in a guilty kind of way."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #909 on: February 09, 2018, 04:19:27 AM »
> "These days you can get pretty much any herb or spice in the world, cheap. It's all traded globally. I can see how that'd be a bit overwhelming to your palate."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #910 on: February 09, 2018, 05:09:13 AM »
> "These days you can get pretty much any herb or spice in the world, cheap. It's all traded globally. I can see how that'd be a bit overwhelming to your palate."

>"I guess it does," says Archer, frowning slightly. "I never thought about it, but I guess I knew that already."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #911 on: February 09, 2018, 04:12:22 PM »
> "Oh, geez, don't worry about it, just enjoy it."
> Finish the peanuts.
> "Ready to go?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #912 on: February 09, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
> "Oh, geez, don't worry about it, just enjoy it."
> Finish the peanuts.
> "Ready to go?"

>Archer nods, having finished her meal.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #913 on: February 09, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
> Leave and head over to the hotel.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #914 on: February 09, 2018, 09:19:49 PM »
> Leave and head over to the hotel.

>You make your way back to the hotel, where a bored clerk checks you into a third floor room. The main lobby is not very exciting; carpeted and trying to look home-like in a sort of stereotypical magazine picture way. The halls are narrow, and making your way upward there is a kind of smell that makes you think of burnt stew. But the price is alright, 98 dollars a day.
>Your room is a one-bedroom place with a TV, a chest of drawers, and a table and chair. There is a picture of some boats over the bed.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #915 on: February 09, 2018, 09:49:57 PM »
> Did we sneak Archer in? Or is she electing to hang around outside?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #916 on: February 09, 2018, 10:29:04 PM »
> Did we sneak Archer in? Or is she electing to hang around outside?

>You snuck her in. Not that it'll be difficult to keep her hidden.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #917 on: February 09, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
> "I'm gonna take a shower. If any assassins show up, kill them."
> "...That's the joke I want to make, but it's literally the situation I'm in now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #918 on: February 11, 2018, 06:28:09 AM »
> "I'm gonna take a shower. If any assassins show up, kill them."
> "...That's the joke I want to make, but it's literally the situation I'm in now."

>"Don't worry, they won't get past me," says Archer.
>And indeed they do not, as you get your first shower in awhile. And it's surprisingly refreshing, though it helps the shower here is markedly better than your own. A lot of the day's tensions flows away, and you feel tremendously better for it. You're still a bit sore after the fight today, but still in one piece. You linger a bit longer than necessary, then a bit more than that. But eventually you get out, and find that the towels here are pleasantly fluffy.
>Making your way to the room, you find Archer sprawled out on the bed. "I was starting to wonder..." she says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #919 on: February 11, 2018, 06:47:15 AM »
> "Eh, I didn't want to get out."
> Grab a bottle of water from our pack.
> "Unless you think I'm gonna get attacked in the next fifteen minutes, you could take one yourself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #920 on: February 11, 2018, 07:35:13 AM »
> "Eh, I didn't want to get out."
> Grab a bottle of water from our pack.
> "Unless you think I'm gonna get attacked in the next fifteen minutes, you could take one yourself."

>"How does it work?'" Archer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #921 on: February 11, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »
> "Oh, uh...there's two knobs, one for hot water, one for cold. You adjust the balance until you get the temperature you prefer. Then the knob in the middle transfers the flow from the lower faucet to the shower head up above. When you're done, you just turn them all off."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #922 on: February 11, 2018, 08:02:40 AM »
> "Oh, uh...there's two knobs, one for hot water, one for cold. You adjust the balance until you get the temperature you prefer. Then the knob in the middle transfers the flow from the lower faucet to the shower head up above. When you're done, you just turn them all off."

>"That sounds easy enough," says Archer, as she rolls off the bed and heads into the bathroom.
>You can hear her get things prepared, then a sudden squawk about a moment after water stops pouring out of the lower faucet. After that, things seem to go smoothly. You're pretty sure she's lingering quite a bit as well. That's realistically a bad thing, but perhaps she feels it is safe enough to let her guard down a bit? Hopefully not for too long, though. >Still, she emerges after a good fifteen or twenty minutes, having switched back to her more medieval garb. "You didn't tell me comes out of the shower ice cold at first!" she says, giving you a look.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #923 on: February 11, 2018, 11:29:22 AM »
>Try not to laugh, and succeed for the most part.
"Oh, whoops, I'm just so used to the habit of it that I kind of forget that part."
"Uh, so, anyway, After that it was smooth sailing, I'm assuming, so it's not all that bad, right?"
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #924 on: February 11, 2018, 08:55:10 PM »
>Try not to laugh, and succeed for the most part.
"Oh, whoops, I'm just so used to the habit of it that I kind of forget that part."
"Uh, so, anyway, After that it was smooth sailing, I'm assuming, so it's not all that bad, right?"

>You get away with a snerk.
>"I can definitely see what took soon long," says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #925 on: February 11, 2018, 09:59:01 PM »
> "I'm sure it beats washing up in the river."
> Get out our phone.
> "Well, time to see if I can get those phone numbers." Continue research in an attempt to get in contact with either of the Apollo 11 astronauts.
> "You can watch TV if you're bored."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #926 on: February 11, 2018, 11:29:36 PM »
> "I'm sure it beats washing up in the river."
> Get out our phone.
> "Well, time to see if I can get those phone numbers." Continue research in an attempt to get in contact with either of the Apollo 11 astronauts.
> "You can watch TV if you're bored."

>"I did the other day," says Archer. "Didn't get what the big deal was."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #927 on: February 12, 2018, 12:13:39 AM »
> "...Yeah, I don't watch it much either these days."
> "I'm not sure what else there is to do, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #928 on: February 12, 2018, 12:18:58 AM »
> "...Yeah, I don't watch it much either these days."
> "I'm not sure what else there is to do, though."

>"I'll manage," says Archer. "Worse comes to worst, I'll go patrol around a little bit."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #929 on: February 12, 2018, 12:37:52 AM »
> Nod, and get to work.