Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220847 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #780 on: February 02, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »
> "Identification and anything magical. (And I guess there's no reason to not take her cash...)"

>"Got it," says Archer, as she begins to rifle through the woman's clothes.
>She quickly finds a variety of pockets, and produces a number of little vials full of strange substances, a few pieces of gaudy jewelry, and a couple of clutches.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #781 on: February 02, 2018, 04:23:26 PM »
> No ID?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #782 on: February 02, 2018, 04:32:07 PM »
> "Jewelry's no good...that kind of stuff will be easy to trace as soon as anybody knows she's missing..."
> Cautiously examine the reagents. From what we saw, the reactions are activated by magic, but some of it could be volatile regardless.
> Is there anything we know how to use?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #783 on: February 02, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »
> "Jewelry's no good...that kind of stuff will be easy to trace as soon as anybody knows she's missing..."
> Cautiously examine the reagents. From what we saw, the reactions are activated by magic, but some of it could be volatile regardless.
> Is there anything we know how to use?

>"I don't know," says Archer. "She's far away from home, and so are we."
>Some of these things you can identify pretty easily, basic elements and compounds. Others are more difficult; many appear to be either gaseous or paste-like, you find a reddish paste that you suspect was what she used for the spells she cast. You would need a lab to really examine them, but you can guess at some of them with reasonable confidence.
>The basic compounds are useful in an abstract sense, in that you can find a use for them while at home. But in the right now sense, that isn't really the case. The more complex things are completed spells, you are certain, and are useless to you. Though you do feel a kind of draw toward a couple vials of yellowish powder, as you examine them. Something just resonates with you.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #785 on: February 02, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »
> No ID?

>Not out in the open, at least. She does have a couple of clutches, and you imagine things would be stored in those.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #786 on: February 02, 2018, 05:39:11 PM »
> "I suppose...but I still don't know anything about selling jewelry. It's really suspicious to just walk into a pawn shop and dump this kind of stuff on the counter."
> Keep the yellow powder vials! We'll study them later.
> Also see if we can find the stuff she used to counteract her blindness. That would also be useful if we could figure it out.
> Beyond that, just grab any expensive basic compounds we think we could find a use for.
> Pick out the clutches. "Here, help me go through these. I just want to find something with her full name on it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #787 on: February 02, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »
> "I suppose...but I still don't know anything about selling jewelry. It's really suspicious to just walk into a pawn shop and dump this kind of stuff on the counter."
> Keep the yellow powder vials! We'll study them later.
> Also see if we can find the stuff she used to counteract her blindness. That would also be useful if we could figure it out.
> Beyond that, just grab any expensive basic compounds we think we could find a use for.
> Pick out the clutches. "Here, help me go through these. I just want to find something with her full name on it."

>You obtain: Vial of Yellow Powder x2
>That one is more difficult, at a glance, nothing she has seems to shout anything about curious maladies at you. You'll have to look at it all in more detail.
>There's a few that are on the pricier side, you help yourself.
>You obtain: A Collection of Expensive Compounds
>Archer takes one with a nod. You open the other, and find it has some money in it; american money even; some slips of paper, and few cards.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #788 on: February 02, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »
> Take the cash! How much?
> Look over the rest of it for her name and nationality, and any membership cards of note.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #789 on: February 02, 2018, 07:25:38 PM »
> Take the cash! How much?
> Look over the rest of it for her name and nationality, and any membership cards of note.

>You obtain $159
>Looking over the rest, you can only kind of guess what the cards are, none of them are in English. She's from some place where a lot of the vowels have fancy hats.  You do find something that looks like a driver's license, you think, identifying her as one Eileen Yggdmillenia. Hmm, you've head that name before. Some magus family that's decided to toss out some of the traditional borderline-inbreeding the others favor.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #790 on: February 02, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »
> "Eileen Yggdmillenia. I don't think it's a major house, but I've heard of it."
> "I don't suppose you recognize this language, Archer?" Show her anything legible.
> Briefly peruse the rest, looking for a passport in particular. Any other clues?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #791 on: February 02, 2018, 09:06:29 PM »
> "Eileen Yggdmillenia. I don't think it's a major house, but I've heard of it."
> "I don't suppose you recognize this language, Archer?" Show her anything legible.
> Briefly peruse the rest, looking for a passport in particular. Any other clues?

>"No idea," says Archer as she glances at it.
>Looking through the rest of the things, you don't find a passport but you do find something that looks kind of a like a passport, with blank paper in it. You also find what looks kind of like a foreign bank card, you think. It has a chip, at least. And some other card you just can't identify. There are also a few small bottles of something gaseous and white than you can't identify.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #792 on: February 02, 2018, 10:01:16 PM »
> Stealing her credit cards would probably be a bad idea, so them being foreign at least removes the temptation.
> Examine the passport-ish thing more closely. Do we get any sort of magic vibe from it, or does it just seem the papers are blank because it's fake?
> Were the bottles of white stuff separate from the rest of her reagents? If so, examine them a little more closely too.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #793 on: February 02, 2018, 11:00:44 PM »
> Stealing her credit cards would probably be a bad idea, so them being foreign at least removes the temptation.
> Examine the passport-ish thing more closely. Do we get any sort of magic vibe from it, or does it just seem the papers are blank because it's fake?
> Were the bottles of white stuff separate from the rest of her reagents? If so, examine them a little more closely too.

>Taking a closer look at the passport-like thing, you feel it may have some magic around it.
>Examining the bottles, you can't tell anything about them. They are almost certainly magical. The contents look something like a cloud of flour dust, only it should clearly be settled rather than floating about like that.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #794 on: February 02, 2018, 11:25:29 PM »
> Keep the passport-esque object for later examination.
> Do we have any means to ID the substance? Would opening one of them help? (What is the likelihood that this is a horrible idea?)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #795 on: February 02, 2018, 11:36:50 PM »
> Keep the passport-esque object for later examination.
> Do we have any means to ID the substance? Would opening one of them help? (What is the likelihood that this is a horrible idea?)

>You obtain: Passport?
>You might learn what they do that way. There's a very good chance you will regret doing this.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #796 on: February 02, 2018, 11:45:27 PM »
As much as I want to throw one at a tree, Lily probably has had enough lab safety lessons in her life to know better.

> "Okay, I think that's enough. I don't know what the rest of these do, and I'm not going to fool around with the reagents of a madwoman who throws around murderous poison clouds."
> "You can keep the jewelry if you want."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #797 on: February 03, 2018, 12:57:26 AM »
> "Okay, I think that's enough. I don't know what the rest of these do, and I'm not going to fool around with the reagents of a madwoman who throws around murderous poison clouds."
> "You can keep the jewelry if you want."

>"Think I will," says Archer, as she gathers them up. "I'm sure there will be someplace I can sell them."

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #798 on: February 03, 2018, 12:57:41 AM »
Yggdmillenia

Aw shoot

>Are we able to find our way back to the ATV Eileen used to get out here? There might more loot if it has any sort of storage.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #799 on: February 03, 2018, 01:12:33 AM »
>Are we able to find our way back to the ATV Eileen used to get out here? There might more loot if it has any sort of storage.

>You might have some trouble, but you doubt Archer would.

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #800 on: February 03, 2018, 01:51:27 AM »
>"If you think there's nothing else here, we can check the vehicle Eileen rode in on. It's been hectic though, can you point me in the direction it came from?"

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #801 on: February 03, 2018, 02:16:44 AM »
Aw shoot

if the name has significance I'm not aware of, please share! i haven't actually played anything fate related.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #802 on: February 03, 2018, 02:18:09 AM »
>"If you think there's nothing else here, we can check the vehicle Eileen rode in on. It's been hectic though, can you point me in the direction it came from?"

>"Yeah, that's easy enough," says Archer. "It's this way."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #803 on: February 03, 2018, 02:50:00 AM »
> Let's-a go!
> "So, there's more than the seven standard classes...I can see why, though. It doesn't make sense for Niel Armstrong to be anything other than a Rider. But if Ford was summoned first, he'd have to get a different class, so I guess a new one gets made up rather than a servant getting shoehorned into a class that doesn't fit them."
> "So I guess if someone got an Archer before I summoned you, you might've come out as...I dunno, Robber or something..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #804 on: February 03, 2018, 03:23:26 AM »
> Let's-a go!
> "So, there's more than the seven standard classes...I can see why, though. It doesn't make sense for Niel Armstrong to be anything other than a Rider. But if Ford was summoned first, he'd have to get a different class, so I guess a new one gets made up rather than a servant getting shoehorned into a class that doesn't fit them."
> "So I guess if someone got an Archer before I summoned you, you might've come out as...I dunno, Robber or something..."

>"Maybe," Archer says as she walks along. If that hip wound bothers her, she sure doesn't show it. "I've never heard of it before. I don't know if there's extras because there's too many people, or if this particular war was supposed to have that class as well. Given how many other things seem to have gone wrong, I could believe it... Then again, I also have no idea just how late or early any of us were drawn in. I'll say this much, Explorer sure was different that what I would expect of a lot of people to get drawn into this."

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #805 on: February 03, 2018, 03:30:46 AM »
>Let's check if we can read anything on Explorer now that we've beaten him. Something's still bothering me, we never got rid of that text that "something doesn't feel right" when talking about him.

if the name has significance I'm not aware of, please share! i haven't actually played anything fate related.

The Yggdmillennia isn't actually a single magus bloodline family, but a loose collection of outcast families (weak or failing bloodlines, new bloodlines without standing in the Mage's Association in London, and even those that the Association has put a bounty on) that has grown enough to maintain themselves despite being based in Europe alongside the Association. The thing is that with Fate/Nasuverse's multiple world lines, their status could be very different in this game; they're at the height of their power in Apocrypha, but in Strange/Fake they're stated as having been in decline for 50 years. Both of those stories are also about grail wars that differ from the norm; the Yggdmillennia are the instigators and initially in control in Apocrypha, but from Eileen's confusion and lack of information, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Also, Eileen may have gotten a name change on her documents, so we'd need to find something with her middle name (it being her original bloodline) to find something on her family. At the same time, the kind of families that join or are absorbed into the faction probably wouldn't have a lot of information out there for our American character to know.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #806 on: February 03, 2018, 03:53:54 AM »
Thanks Jana!

> "Since he was a part of really recent history, I'm sure Eileen knew what her catalyst was. She must have chosen him on purpose. Who knows why."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #807 on: February 03, 2018, 03:59:36 AM »
>Let's check if we can read anything on Explorer now that we've beaten him. Something's still bothering me, we never got rid of that text that "something doesn't feel right" when talking about him.

>You check over the information, and don't find anything new. But it still gives a sense of eerie incorrectness when you review it...

> "Since he was a part of really recent history, I'm sure Eileen knew what her catalyst was. She must have chosen him on purpose. Who knows why."

>"Suppose we can't ask now," says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #808 on: February 03, 2018, 04:18:56 AM »
> "Maybe this Grail War is weird because of outside interference? It's really strange that Koch got a chance to summon a servant with an artificial mana source before an actual magus from a known family did."

« Reply #809 on: February 03, 2018, 05:17:35 AM »
... I'm sure Eileen knew what her catalyst was....

>Examining the bottles, you can't tell anything about them. They are almost certainly magical. The contents look something like a cloud of flour dust, only it should clearly be settled rather than floating about like that.

Maybe the strange white powder is moondust?

Also I guess I'm participating now? As one humble cog in the Z-Machine.