Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 220972 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War Part 2 - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #750 on: February 01, 2018, 04:06:36 AM »
> Quietly wonder if this version of Neil Armstrong has some sort of science fiction weirdness associated with him. His story couldn't be true, could it?
> A lot of follow-up questions could stem from this, but he's obviously short on time. Settle on this one:
> "What do you think it wants to do?"

>You don't know. Can there be "versions" of someone who lived so recently?
>"It's watching us, recording every little thing," he says. Much of his body has vanished now. "Like the notebook of God Almighty. And...it's seen our doom before, and knows it will come again. We have to be ready for that, and we aren't! We aren't even close!"

> Is it possible to take Masterhood 'control' of Neil away from Eileen and save him?

>Not at this point, you think. You're pretty sure this is due less to Eileen dying, and more Archer's handiwork as he tried to restore her in the last moments.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #751 on: February 01, 2018, 04:25:32 AM »
> Could we heal him?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #752 on: February 01, 2018, 05:03:43 AM »
> "That's...uh...d-do you know how can we be ready?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #753 on: February 01, 2018, 05:54:25 AM »
> Could we heal him?

>You don't think so. His problem isn't blood loss, exactly. But, maybe? Who knows? This is pretty much uncharted territory as far as you know.

> "That's...uh...d-do you know how can we be ready?"

>"All I know is, whatever's coming is going to be overwhelming, enough to have destroyed the world long ago, so badly the archeologists can't find anything about it..."" he says, he voice getting a bit more strained now.

>_
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:55:58 AM by Purvis Black »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #754 on: February 01, 2018, 03:47:28 PM »
> "Is it even possible to prepare for something like that? We'd have to be ready to leave the planet, or something like that..."
> "But, I understand, I'll try to find out whatever I can about the moon."
> We could ask the Mage's Association about it, we guess. What kind of connections do we have, anyway?

(I'm not too keen on putting a lot of effort into trying to save Explorer while our own servant is bleeding out.)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #755 on: February 01, 2018, 04:29:53 PM »
> "Is it even possible to prepare for something like that? We'd have to be ready to leave the planet, or something like that..."
> "But, I understand, I'll try to find out whatever I can about the moon."
> We could ask the Mage's Association about it, we guess. What kind of connections do we have, anyway?

>"We just have to be ready," he says. "But, this isn't something you can just spread around, not right now. All that people with power are going to see is another resource to exploit. They aren't going to care about anything else. We aren't ready for something like this! That's why it didn't look at Buzz or Mike, it didn't need to..."
>Pretty much none at all. The Association's grip isn't quite so strong outside of Europe and Asia, nor are there many old magic families outside of there. So they are content to leave things be as long as there aren't problems, sometimes coming to pluck up this or that choice morsel.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #756 on: February 01, 2018, 05:47:17 PM »
> "Did you ever tell anyone else about this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #757 on: February 01, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
> "Did you ever tell anyone else about this?"

>"The others on the voyage, they knew," he says. "But...I couldn't trust anyone else...They wouldn't believe...or they would for the wrong reasons..."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #758 on: February 01, 2018, 06:38:01 PM »
> "What about Eileen? Did you two have any plans?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #759 on: February 01, 2018, 06:56:02 PM »
> "What about Eileen? Did you two have any plans?"

>"I couldn't trust her, not yet," he says. "I couldn't trust you, either, but this is where we are now..."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #760 on: February 01, 2018, 07:01:56 PM »
> "Well...if you were going to do something, what would you have wanted to do? Use the wish from the Grail to, uh, make everyone ready?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #761 on: February 01, 2018, 07:32:05 PM »
> "Well...if you were going to do something, what would you have wanted to do? Use the wish from the Grail to, uh, make everyone ready?"

>"That was the plan..." he says. Much of his body had dissolved away by this point.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #762 on: February 01, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »
> "...I wanted to wish for world peace or something like that, but if some kind of apocalypse is coming I guess I have no choice...okay, I'll remember what you said and try to do something about it."
> We still have some doubt about this, but if we can somehow get Buzz Aldrin or Michael Collin's phone number that would be all we need to confirm his story. (Fortunately, they ARE still alive.)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #763 on: February 01, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »
> "...I wanted to wish for world peace or something like that, but if some kind of apocalypse is coming I guess I have no choice...okay, I'll remember what you said and try to do something about it."
> We still have some doubt about this, but if we can somehow get Buzz Aldrin or Michael Collin's phone number that would be all we need to confirm his story. (Fortunately, they ARE still alive.)

>"I suppose I'll just have to trust that..." says Explorer, as he fades away.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #764 on: February 01, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »
> Leave Eileen to her fate and go back to Archer.
> "Did you hear all that? We might be in charge of saving the world now."
> Prepare our Staunch spell. "Let me see your wounds."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #765 on: February 01, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
> Leave Eileen to her fate and go back to Archer.
> "Did you hear all that? We might be in charge of saving the world now."
> Prepare our Staunch spell. "Let me see your wounds."

>"I got the gist of it, I think," Archer says.
>She shows you her hip wound, the worse of the two. You aren't exactly a doctor, but it does seem deep enough to be worrisome in the long term. She'll be able to handle that herself, though it will tax your mana slightly. Administering your own first aid like this is more efficient.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #766 on: February 01, 2018, 09:11:15 PM »
> Do so.
> "Sorry that dragged out so long. It was just bad luck that he was able to counter your abilities like that, but if I had a gun or something I would've had plenty of opportunities to finish off Eileen..."
> "I think I need to be more prepared to do my own dirty work."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #767 on: February 01, 2018, 09:22:10 PM »
> Do so.
> "Sorry that dragged out so long. It was just bad luck that he was able to counter your abilities like that, but if I had a gun or something I would've had plenty of opportunities to finish off Eileen..."
> "I think I need to be more prepared to do my own dirty work."

>You catch the spell, and her bleeding slows, then stops.
>"You did have that spray stuff you got from the wall market," says Archer. "Honestly, I think splitting up was probably the bigger blunder we made."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #768 on: February 01, 2018, 09:40:25 PM »
> "Really? Well, you might not be wrong, since a strong enough distraction was what we needed to beat him..."
> "I thought of trying to count his bullets and getting him while he was reloading, but the situation kept changing..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #769 on: February 01, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
> "Really? Well, you might not be wrong, since a strong enough distraction was what we needed to beat him..."
> "I thought of trying to count his bullets and getting him while he was reloading, but the situation kept changing..."

>"I was thinking more like those walls you like to make might have really put him off guard for a second if put into the wrong place," Archer says. "And yeah, counting th ebullets might have been a good idea too."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #770 on: February 02, 2018, 12:26:19 AM »
> "Oh, the walls, I'm glad I spent so much time practicing throwing those. Otherwise Eileen would've gotten me right off the bat."
> As we finish up with Archer, check how many of those we have left. We burnt a lot of ammo in this fight.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #771 on: February 02, 2018, 01:15:45 AM »
> "Oh, the walls, I'm glad I spent so much time practicing throwing those. Otherwise Eileen would've gotten me right off the bat."
> As we finish up with Archer, check how many of those we have left. We burnt a lot of ammo in this fight.

>"You're definitely good at them, I just assumed they were your specialty," says Archer.
>You have five left.

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #772 on: February 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM »
>How long does it take us to prepare more Walls?

Also, do we want to give any info to our maybe-ally, Lancer?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #773 on: February 02, 2018, 01:41:01 AM »
>How long does it take us to prepare more Walls?

>Once you find a suitable rock, you just need time enough to inscribe the proper letters on it. You can usually prepare several in an hour.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #774 on: February 02, 2018, 01:49:37 AM »
Also, do we want to give any info to our maybe-ally, Lancer?
Well, I think we should tell them not to tell anyone else about Koch being a master, since Eileen's response to that made me a little nervous. But we can have that conversation in a bit. I guess we could tell him about beating another master but that'd probably just come across more as bragging than anything. (Though this is not necessarily a reason not to do it :V )

> Look over at Eileen, grimace.
> "Well, let's get this over with. She definitely knew something, and we won't know what her deal was if we don't check."
> Head back over to her. Is she dead yet? Please say yes.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #775 on: February 02, 2018, 02:23:01 AM »
>Once you find a suitable rock, you just need time enough to inscribe the proper letters on it. You can usually prepare several in an hour.

>Let's try to make five to ten more when we get some downtime.

Well, I think we should tell them not to tell anyone else about Koch being a master, since Eileen's response to that made me a little nervous. But we can have that conversation in a bit. I guess we could tell him about beating another master but that'd probably just come across more as bragging than anything. (Though this is not necessarily a reason not to do it :V )

We can phrase it kind of vaguely if we don't want to give away too much, something like "You may want to keep the info on Rider's master to yourself, another master just tried to kill me for it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #776 on: February 02, 2018, 04:14:17 AM »
> Look over at Eileen, grimace.
> "Well, let's get this over with. She definitely knew something, and we won't know what her deal was if we don't check."
> Head back over to her. Is she dead yet? Please say yes.

>Archer nods.
>You look her over. She's not moving at all, if there was a window to save her, you're sure it has passed.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #777 on: February 02, 2018, 05:11:00 AM »
> Gesture towards the body. "Um, could you..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #778 on: February 02, 2018, 05:42:30 AM »
> Gesture towards the body. "Um, could you..."

>She nods. "Is there anything you need me to look for in particular?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #779 on: February 02, 2018, 02:02:45 PM »
> "Identification and anything magical. (And I guess there's no reason to not take her cash...)"