Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 12 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 218363 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 12 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #570 on: August 03, 2017, 02:46:22 PM »
> "Oh, I doubt she tried to mislead us or anything. It is more that we, perhaps, did not think to ask her the correct questions."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #571 on: August 03, 2017, 02:53:02 PM »
> "Oh, I doubt she tried to mislead us or anything. It is more that we, perhaps, did not think to ask her the correct questions."

>"Okay, now I'm just puzzled," she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #572 on: August 03, 2017, 02:55:31 PM »
> "Don't worry about it too much. I will do my best to be back when I can."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #573 on: August 03, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
> "Don't worry about it too much. I will do my best to be back when I can."

>"Hm. Well, alright," says Flandre. "Is there anything you'll need?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #574 on: August 03, 2017, 03:15:27 PM »
> "I do not believe so off the top of my head. Though, I suppose, if Meiling returns, it would not hurt to ask her to stay here a bit and wait for me as well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #575 on: August 03, 2017, 03:28:09 PM »
> "I do not believe so off the top of my head. Though, I suppose, if Meiling returns, it would not hurt to ask her to stay here a bit and wait for me as well."

>She nods. "Sure, I can do that."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #576 on: August 03, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »
> "Thank you. Farewell until I return, Young Mistress. And, ah, you can return that box to where you found it."
> Exit the library and the mansion-temple altogether.
> Then make the long trek/flight to the mountain, up the mountain by cart thingy, and then straight up into the sky, to return to Bhava-agra.
> Dwell on that message while we travel. Would this qualify as abandonment/abdication, or perhaps a simple release of contract? Is our employment at the mansion even that simple, given the personal circumstances surrounding Remilia and ourselves?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:40:15 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #577 on: August 03, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »
> "Thank you. Farewell until I return, Young Mistress. And, ah, you can return that box to where you found it."
> Exit the library and the mansion-temple altogether.
> Then make the long trek/flight to the mountain, up the mountain by cart thingy, and then straight up into the sky, to return to Bhava-agra.
> Dwell on that message while we travel. Would this qualify as abandonment/abdication, or perhaps a simple release of contract? Is our employment at the mansion even that simple, given the personal circumstances surrounding Remilia and ourselves?

>"Well, good luck," says Flandre. "If it looks like things are going to get hairy, don't hesitate to come back. I'll help fight on your side just as much as you need."
>You depart, and begin the long trek to Bhava-Agra. Little of note happens along the way, giving you plenty of time to dwell on that message. Honestly, it's not terribly certain whether or not this completely frees you, or if it simply transfers your services to Flandre. You suppose you haven't seen anything more in terms of payment than a place to sleep and perhaps a meal or two, but those are really more gifts than payment, you feel. On the other hand, you haven't done much in the way of service for her, either, so it is up in the air. That said, it seems as though Remilia has indeed abdicated, or so it seems at first glance. As you think on it, you suppose Remilia herself would argue that she simply moved her capital. There would be precedent in history for that, if you recall correctly. Then again, there has been no contact for...quite a long time. Could the Scarlet Devil Mansion, or you suppose the Lake Temple, be considered independent through simple neglect and subsequent self sufficiency? In the end, you suppose it will come down to how you decide to see it, given Remilia is not around to provide her input.
>You barely even notice the crowd in the cable car as you rest and ponder these matters. The trip from the mountaintop to Bhava-Agra is comparatively short, and you soon find yourself approaching the familiar floating island.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #578 on: August 03, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »
> Is anyone visible on it, Suika or otherwise?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #579 on: August 03, 2017, 05:09:25 PM »
> Is anyone visible on it, Suika or otherwise?

>It's not a small place, but you don't see anyone at first glance.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #580 on: August 03, 2017, 05:10:11 PM »
> Head to where we found Suika several hours ago.
> If Suika is not there, begin systematically combing the island aerially, looking for anyone that may be on it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #581 on: August 03, 2017, 05:14:37 PM »
> Head to where we found Suika several hours ago.
> If Suika is not there, begin systematically combing the island aerially, looking for anyone that may be on it.

>You make your way toward the lake, and are both pleased and not at all surprised to see Suika hasn't budged an inch. She is also snoring like an avalanche.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #582 on: August 03, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »
> Wonderful.
> Well, whatever. She who hesitates is lost! And clearly she who gallivants off into the vast blueness of the sky has no chance of getting lost. Take flight and head northeast; hopefully the palace and its island are large enough that we'll see them even if it's moved from where it was a few hours ago.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #583 on: August 03, 2017, 05:34:58 PM »
> Wonderful.
> Well, whatever. She who hesitates is lost! And clearly she who gallivants off into the vast blueness of the sky has no chance of getting lost. Take flight and head northeast; hopefully the palace and its island are large enough that we'll see them even if it's moved from where it was a few hours ago.

>You decide to let sleeping oni lie and head toward the northeast. You fly through empty sky, and it is hard not to worry that you've gone the wrong way by just a bit. More minutes pass, and you become more and more certain that you've made a mistake until finally you can see the massive palace ahead. Apparently it is currently drifting away from the island you were just on.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #584 on: August 03, 2017, 05:37:24 PM »
> Phew!
> Make for the palace and retrace our steps to the Yakumo room.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2017, 06:28:17 PM »
> Phew!
> Make for the palace and retrace our steps to the Yakumo room.

>It takes a bit longer to retrace your steps to the Yakumo home, but they are easy and stress-free steps.
>As you approach the little building atop the arcade wall, you can see Chen is sitting on the roof, one leg folded and the other dangling off the roof. "Aren't you supposed to be gone now?" she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »
> "Your master's efforts succeeded and I went back to my proper time period, if that is what you mean. To answer your question, though, it would seem fate thinks that no, I am not supposed to be gone. I suspect your master and I solved the wrong problem; I am here to try to solve the correct one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »
> "Your master's efforts succeeded, if that is what you mean. To answer your question, though, it would seem that fate thinks that no, I am not supposed to be gone. I suspect your master and I solved the wrong problem; I am here to try to solve the correct one."

>She flicks her tails. "Huh. Well, I guess she'll be willing to at least hear it out."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2017, 06:37:19 PM »
> Nod.
> "Thank you."
> Head to the door and knock.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #589 on: August 03, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
> Nod.
> "Thank you."
> Head to the door and knock.

>"Do come in," comes Ran's muffled voice.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #590 on: August 03, 2017, 06:42:32 PM »
> Open the door and step inside!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #591 on: August 03, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »
> Open the door and step inside!

>You step inside.  Ran has moved her table and such back to where it was, and is sitting there as she has been the previous times you've been here.
>"Something happened," she says, gesturing to a cushion. "Tell me what it was."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #592 on: August 03, 2017, 06:53:29 PM »
> Have a seat where indicated.
> "Your work was successful, but it would seem fate has other ideas. I have unwillingly been dragged back here accordingly, after feeling rather like I was having a heart attack."
> Frown a bit.
> "I have reason to believe we solved the wrong problem. I need you to bring me to the place beyond the barrier where my Mistress resides."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #593 on: August 03, 2017, 06:55:06 PM »
> Have a seat where indicated.
> "Your work was successful, but it would seem fate has other ideas. I have unwillingly been dragged back here accordingly, after feeling rather like I was having a heart attack."
> Frown a bit.
> "I have reason to believe we solved the wrong problem. I need you to bring me to the place beyond the barrier where my Mistress resides."

>"Come again?" she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #594 on: August 03, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »
> "My Mistress currently inhabits some region, beyond the barrier, that your former Mistress guided her to. Apparently it was a potential threat to Gensokyo before your former Mistress pushed some buttons and pulled some strings and left it in chaos? The reason my Mistress disappeared from this land is because your former Mistress showed her that land with the intent of installing her as its new leader, in order to stave off societal collapse, and my Mistress agreed that she was needed there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #595 on: August 03, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »
> "My Mistress currently inhabits some region, beyond the barrier, that your former Mistress guided her to. Apparently it was a potential threat to Gensokyo before your former Mistress pushed some buttons and pulled some strings and left it in chaos? The reason my Mistress disappeared from this land is because your former Mistress showed her that land with the intent of installing her as its new leader, in order to stave off societal collapse, and my Mistress agreed that she was needed there."

>Ran frowns thoughtfully, and there is some silence.
>"...Oh," she says at length.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #596 on: August 03, 2017, 07:24:02 PM »
> Grimace just a tiny bit.
> "...You...were aware of this, yes?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #597 on: August 03, 2017, 07:40:24 PM »
> Grimace just a tiny bit.
> "...You...were aware of this, yes?"

>"I was aware of this place you speak of..." says Ran.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #598 on: August 03, 2017, 07:42:22 PM »
> "...Can you travel there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #599 on: August 03, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »
> "...Can you travel there?"

>"I am not sure," she says. "But I also have no interest in finding out."

>_