Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 12 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 218303 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 12 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: August 02, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #541 on: August 02, 2017, 07:34:32 PM »
> "Very well. I have another idea I can pursue in the meantime. It seems that extra millennium of research has served you well, by the way. See you later."
> Exit Alice's lair, time-stop-passing by the guard again as needed, return the lamp to its proper place, and rendezvous with Flan back in the library.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #542 on: August 02, 2017, 09:41:06 PM »
> "Very well. I have another idea I can pursue in the meantime. It seems that extra millennium of research has served you well, by the way. See you later."
> Exit Alice's lair, time-stop-passing by the guard again as needed, return the lamp to its proper place, and rendezvous with Flan back in the library.

>She doesn't say anything, but you assume she heard.
>You make your way back up after a brief encounter with the guard and a trip out of time. Making your way back to the library, You find Flandre at the same corner as before, with a large, flat box laying in front of her.
>"So, how is she doing?" says the vampire.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #543 on: August 02, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »
> "She needs more time. I have another idea of what to do in the meantime. After this, of course."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #544 on: August 02, 2017, 10:11:11 PM »
> "She needs more time. I have another idea of what to do in the meantime. After this, of course."

>Flandre nods and gestures toward the box. "I'm a little embarrassed to say, I completely forgot about this until...just a couple hours ago, while I was going the junk in the sub basement. "Sister left it for you. Be careful, it weighs a ton."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #545 on: August 02, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »
> Adopt a curious expression.
> Open the box.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #546 on: August 02, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »
> Adopt a curious expression.
> Open the box.

>You have to pull the box closer to yourself, and Flandre's warnings are correct, it much heavier than it looks. But you manage. The remains of a thick layer of dust remain on it; Flandre tried to wipe it off, but after so much dust builds up you need to do more than just wipe to remove it. "I...sort of put it somewhere out of the way, and completely forgot about it over the centuries..." Flandre says, with a nervous chuckle. "I'm really sorry."
>You undo the clap and open the lid to reveal...a broad, flat length of stone. For a brief moment, you are the opposite of pleasantly surprised, before you noted it is covered in writing.

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #547 on: August 02, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »
>Begin reading it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #548 on: August 02, 2017, 10:59:14 PM »
>Begin reading it.

>You begin to read it.
>"No doubt you are shocked to see this," it says. "But let us call this a message from the past. We, of course, have no idea where you might end up this time. Miss Kamishirasawa suggests you've been caught in some kind of cycle to ensure whatever is supposed to happen will happen, but We are...dubious. It doesn't seem so simple to us, and not even she has much faith in it. Regardless, I am writing this now because you have provided Us with a convenient loophole that We would exploit. No doubt, you have wondered long and hard about where We have gone. Well, We are under oath to tell no one among the living, but that hardly includes you are this time, does it? After all, you have vanished from the annals of history. So perhaps We are wasting our time? Or perhaps Flandre is being a naughty girl when We explicitly left instructions that this is for you only. Well, We cannot be blamed for that!"
>"Simply put, there is a place that needs Us, outside the Hakurei barrier. Miss Yukari told us, and showed us, quite a bit of it. Once it was a mighty empire, spanning nearly the entire planet. Yukari would have Us believe that it once posed a very real threat to Gensokyo, thus her interest. After some...actions on her part, it teeters at the brink of collapse. Perhaps she feels guilty for the fate of those whom this empire once ruled? Perhaps she simply wishes to make sure a steady hand guides it away from threatening Gensokyo once more? It does not matter, our sense of noblesse oblige will not allow us to turn a blind eye to the situation, and after much consideration We shall be leaving immediately to set things to rights. Perhaps, then, We may well journey back home and show that silly little republic that dare squat upon Our ancestral home exactly what we have to say about that."
>"Do not think for a moment it is coincidence that this tablet has found. We have specifically carved stone to make sure it will not fall prey to some clumsy faerie dropping wine or a candle on it. We intend it to survive the ages to reach you, because it will reach you. That is fate. As well, Sakuya, never forget that fate binds us. We shall find you once more, when you've stepped back into the annals of history. And, as a final note, should you find yourself back to your proper era, be so kind as not to mention these details to us? It has weighed heavily upon Us already, and we would rather not have that begin before its time! We are certain Yukari would rather you not mention its contents to anyone, but you're hardly bound by vows to her. Though We would ask that it be kept a strict secret from all if you should return to the mansion before We should leave."
>What follows is Remilia's signature, and a line of titles that largely make no sense to you.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #549 on: August 02, 2017, 11:08:47 PM »
Oh fuck you a thousand times, Canus.

> Close the box with a sigh.
> Was Flan able to read the message given where she was positioned while it was open?
>If she was not: "Young Mistress, have you ever opened this box yourself?"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:11:53 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #550 on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:13 PM »
> Close the box with a sigh.
> Was Flan able to read the message given where she was positioned while it was open?
>If she was not: "Young Mistress, have you ever opened this box yourself?"

>You close it. "Is everything okay?" she says.
>When you ask, she simply shakes her head.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #551 on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:56 PM »
> "I...honestly don't know."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #552 on: August 02, 2017, 11:30:47 PM »
>"Things just seem to be even more complicated than they seemed before."

« Reply #553 on: August 02, 2017, 11:34:12 PM »
So, I'm guessing this is relating to a past Z-Machine Adventure?

>What did we learn about what happened to the SDM in this timeline after our second departer to the future?

>What massages have we not sent yet to the people of the present?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #554 on: August 02, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »
Only tangentially. It is not as though we can follow Remilia, and even if we could, the details of that game wouldn't really help at all.

« Reply #555 on: August 02, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »
I understand, but I don't see why you can't tell me which game it was for those who are just interested in understanding the lore more?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #556 on: August 02, 2017, 11:50:31 PM »
Because then parts of that other game would refer to yet another previous game, which would lead to you having to read that one first, then the same thing happens again.

Purvis is one hard working parser, he has more quests under his belt than inches, and all of them are connected in some sort of lore web.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »
Oh, sure, yeah. It's the Kisume game.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #558 on: August 03, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »
There was a Kisume Quest??

Man I don't even remember that one being a thing. I thought the last ones were like... Miko Yukari Iku Maribel Utsuho Reisen in some order... oh god there's so many

edit:Wait Miko was just Sword Quest wasn't it, it was miko -and- youmu and it swapped? ...I'm getting disconnected, here

>Recall if the meeting with the Hakutaku went much differently between the two timelines, apart from the matter of actually finding her.

(oh wait I shouldn't be editing in commands like 10 minutes later derpderp. I'll just repost it after if it's missed)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:11:25 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #559 on: August 03, 2017, 12:44:40 AM »
> "I...honestly don't know."

>"I see..." she says.

>"Things just seem to be even more complicated than they seemed before."

>She nods, clearly not pressing you.

>What did we learn about what happened to the SDM in this timeline after our second departer to the future?
>What massages have we not sent yet to the people of the present?

>Things went mostly the same, you think, but they managed to catch that fire. You don't believe that- Flandre said Meiling was alive.
>You got most of them, you think.

>Recall if the meeting with the Hakutaku went much differently between the two timelines, apart from the matter of actually finding her.

>Not that you recall...

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #560 on: August 03, 2017, 12:47:39 AM »
> Wait, Meiling's alive? Did Flan say where she was?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: August 03, 2017, 01:22:53 AM »
> Wait, Meiling's alive? Did Flan say where she was?

>She was out wandering somewhere, you think...

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #562 on: August 03, 2017, 01:44:32 AM »
>Do we know why ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #563 on: August 03, 2017, 01:45:30 AM »
>Do we know why ?

>Habit, from what you gathered.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #564 on: August 03, 2017, 02:47:36 AM »
> "Well, this rather eliminated my time-killing idea. I suppose we now simply wait until Alice finds something."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #565 on: August 03, 2017, 03:35:54 AM »
> "Well, this rather eliminated my time-killing idea. I suppose we now simply wait until Alice finds something."

>"What you you thinking about doing?" says Flandre.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #566 on: August 03, 2017, 11:21:32 AM »
> "Investigating the Mistress's whereabouts. Though, in thinking about it, I believe I have a new lead worth investigating."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:35:45 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #567 on: August 03, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »
> "Investigating the Mistress's whereabouts. Though, in thinking about it, I believe I have a new lead worth investigating."

>"Go on?" she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #568 on: August 03, 2017, 02:34:56 PM »
> "I'm going to go see Ran again. I think she may know more than what she has shown us."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: August 03, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
> "I'm going to go see Ran again. I think she may know more than what she has shown us."

>"Well," says Flandre. "That sounds kind of ominous."

>_