Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 12 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 218188 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sakuya Quest 12 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #510 on: August 02, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »
> This isn't Juza herself, is it? Or maybe the wumpus/marchstepper?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #511 on: August 02, 2017, 02:37:26 PM »
>"Pardon me, I've had a very unusual day; but when was the last time I was here?"

>"You stayed overnight," she says. "Lady Scarlet only returned without you a little while ago."

> This isn't Juza herself, is it? Or maybe the wumpus/marchstepper?

>Definitely not in either case. She is much too old to be Juza, and nowhere near larger or savage-looking enough to be the wumpus; and thus probably not a marchstepper.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #512 on: August 02, 2017, 02:45:38 PM »
> Is it Amaya, perhaps? Or Elise?
> Frown.
> "I did? I thought I spent last night in the Hijiri Temple in Old Hometown."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #513 on: August 02, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »
> Is it Amaya, perhaps? Or Elise?
> Frown.
> "I did? I thought I spent last night in the Hijiri Temple in Old Hometown."

>Definitely not.
>"You most certainly did," she says. "Lady Scarlet even had us doll up your room a little a bit to make it bit more like the old mansion."
>You can kind of remember this, now. But you also very distinctly remember staying at the Hijiri Temple.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #514 on: August 02, 2017, 03:10:46 PM »
> Frown deeper.
> "...I must see her about this myself. Please excuse me."
> Head toward the library.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #515 on: August 02, 2017, 03:27:53 PM »
> Frown deeper.
> "...I must see her about this myself. Please excuse me."
> Head toward the library.

>"As you please," she says. "You'll always be welcome here."
>You head into the library. The spiderweb with Patchouli sitting in the center is no more, rather now it is arranged into a number of little reading areas with shelves around them. At a glance you can't make any sense of them, but you also remember seeing them before and learning that they are arranged roughly by subject. There are no grimoires quietly shifting themselves from shelf to shelf here, just a quiet repository of books. Several monks, both human and youkai, can be seen browsing the shelves or reading. You note, and remember, a marked increase in scrolls among the shelves from your era. The air is still dry as can be; Patchouli's legacy remains.
>This is completely unfamiliar to you, and also you are most certainly been here before. You remember it well, but you've never set foot in this place before today.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #516 on: August 02, 2017, 03:34:18 PM »
> Maybe our warnings to the past altered the future? So that we remember what we actually went through, but are starting to remember what we would have gone through assuming those alterations were already in place...
> Is the Young Mistress visible anywhere? If not, begin systematically searching by glancing down the aisles of shelves as we pass by.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #517 on: August 02, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
> Maybe our warnings to the past altered the future? So that we remember what we actually went through, but are starting to remember what we would have gone through assuming those alterations were already in place...
> Is the Young Mistress visible anywhere? If not, begin systematically searching by glancing down the aisles of shelves as we pass by.

>That may be so.
>You don't see her immediately, but a little wandering finds her near one of the corners, her nose in a book. However, she notices you just moments after you notice her and looks at you with a raised brow and nearly-pursed lips. "'Kuya?" she says, "What're you doing here? Didn't we send you back? Did Ran trick you?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #518 on: August 02, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
> Frown.
> "No, it worked. But whatever happened to me the first time happened again."
> Gesture around.
> "It is even stranger this time around. It would seem I have altered this time period through my warnings and messages to my present. The future I experienced yesterday had seen this building burn down many years prior."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »
> Frown.
> "No, it worked. But whatever happened to me the first time happened again."
> Gesture around.
> "It is even stranger this time around. It would seem I have altered this time period through my warnings and messages to my present. The future I experienced yesterday had seen this building burn down many years prior."

>"What're you talking about?" says Flandre. "You walked in here just yesterday."
>You remember that now...

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »
> We did? But didn't we also find the rubble of this building?
> ...Do we remember what happened to the Mistress over the years?

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2017, 03:52:01 PM »
>Wait... what date is it ? If we can even recall it.
>If this is the future, shouldn't we be dead ?
>Examine ourselves carefully.
>How old are we based on the memories that seemingly appeared on our mind ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »
> We did? But didn't we also find the rubble of this building?
> ...Do we remember what happened to the Mistress over the years?

>Yes. You did find rubble. And you came here yesterday...
>You're quite certain she vanished.

>Wait... what date is it ? If we can even recall it.
>If this is the future, shouldn't we be dead ?
>Examine ourselves carefully.
>How old are we based on the memories that seemingly appeared on our mind ?

>You don't know.
>You would probably be dead if you just sat there for about a millennium. But you aren't sure that happened. At a glance you don't look or feel any older, and you're one of the rare people who knows what looking or feeling younger or older is really like.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2017, 04:09:37 PM »
> Do we still have that silver bell from the shinigami?
> What happened during our encounter with Tenshi in Bhava-agra?
> What happened during our encounter with Shuuei in Kourindou?
> What happened during our encounter with Euphemia in the underground room below Kourindou?
> Where did we leave Dreamy Sky?
> Where did we find Alice?

> "Like I said, it would seem I have altered the future. Some of what I experienced yesterday seems to have never actually happened for you and everyone else here."
> Shake our head.
> "But that does not matter. What does matter is getting to the bottom of this. We have established it is possible to send me back to my proper time, but there is no reason to do so again unless we can make sure I won't just be yanked back here afterward."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:11:14 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2017, 05:12:32 PM »
> Do we still have that silver bell from the shinigami?
> What happened during our encounter with Tenshi in Bhava-agra?
> What happened during our encounter with Shuuei in Kourindou?
> What happened during our encounter with Euphemia in the underground room below Kourindou?
> Where did we leave Dreamy Sky?
> Where did we find Alice?

> "Like I said, it would seem I have altered the future. Some of what I experienced yesterday seems to have never actually happened for you and everyone else here."
> Shake our head.
> "But that does not matter. What does matter is getting to the bottom of this. We have established it is possible to send me back to my proper time, but there is no reason to do so again unless we can make sure I won't just be yanked back here afterward."

>You do.
>You seem to recall it happening twice about the same way.
>...You don't recall meeting Shuuei more than once.
>You recall not only going through Kourindou, but also having to root around to find a hidden entrance around a particular spot.
>You recall leaving her at the Hijiri Temple. You also recall leaving her here...
>You found Alice...oh wow, that's going to take a moment to untangle. The images are jumbled.
>"Are you okay? You just made  a face," says Flandre as you go over the last one.
>"That's very odd," says Flandre, frowning. "Are you alright? Please, have a seat."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #525 on: August 02, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
> "...Thank you. Please give me a moment, Young Mistress..."
> Sit down in the most immediately convenient location.
> Who was at Kourindou, if not Shuuei?
> Go over our recollections of where we found Alice.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:26:14 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #526 on: August 02, 2017, 05:52:09 PM »
> "...Thank you. Please give me a moment, Young Mistress..."
> Sit down in the most immediately convenient location.
> Who was at Kourindou, if not Shuuei?
> Go over our recollections of where we found Alice.

>"Certainly," she says.
>You try to remember...
>There's wasn't a Kourindou. You never saw it or even gave it much thought. But comparing your memories, you think that when you hunted down the stairway leading to Euphemina's lair, it was about where Kourindou would have been.
>The Alice situation is complicated. Now that you think on it, you remember that Juza had snuck into the temple and crept into a basement that had been sealed off some ages ago, searching for relics that had been hidden away. Now that you think of it, you recall that Flandre told you they had sold off most of them over the years to keep things afloat, then to fund the transition into a proper temple. Juza had been coming and going for awhile, both in disguise and in secret, quietly casing the the place. When she finally broke into that basement, she discovered the way to Alice's hideout by accident, and ran afoul of the wooden automaton that she had left to guard the entrance. You found Juza partially by accident while poking around yourself, and from there found Alice. You were quite a bit more irate at the Warlord's Minion that time, it took Flandre to convince you to let her go and return in dishonor. Conversely, Flandre was not happy to find a secret entrance facility connected to her Temple, which Alice made some mea culpas for, though you don't think they were wholly sincere.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »
> Sigh.
> "Okay, I think I have an idea or two."
> Look to Flan with a frown.
> "Young Mistress, do you know if Alice ever cast the locator spell to find my pocketwatch?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2017, 05:56:41 PM »
> Sigh.
> "Okay, I think I have an idea or two."
> Look to Flan with a frown.
> "Young Mistress, do you know if Alice ever cast the locator spell to find my pocketwatch?"

>"I...honestly don't," says Flandre. "She crept back into her secret lair, and I've not heard anything from her."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #529 on: August 02, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
> Stand back up.
> "Then we go find out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #530 on: August 02, 2017, 06:02:46 PM »
> Stand back up.
> "Then we go find out."

>Flandre nods. "Alright. But are you sure you don't need a few more moments?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #531 on: August 02, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »
> "Yes. I have started to figure some things out. I should not need to brace myself in such a way again, unless there are more unexpected changes."
> Leave the library and head to Alice's secret lair.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #532 on: August 02, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
> "Yes. I have started to figure some things out. I should not need to brace myself in such a way again, unless there are more unexpected changes."
> Leave the library and head to Alice's secret lair.

>You make your way back to the main hall, and down into the basement. The stairs come to an end all too soon, and you recall that Flandre had the basement extended back when she was trying to make a hotel out of the mansion so that more rooms could be opened up for other uses. The way to the basement chamber where she used to live to live had been converted into a place where very old things had been stored, things Flandre herself had largely forgotten about over the centuries. She stops as you reach that door. "Oh, there's something important I forgot," she says. "Meet me at the library when you're done. I have something big to show you."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #533 on: August 02, 2017, 06:17:27 PM »
> Nod.
> "Understood."
> Head through the door and onward to Alice. If her guard gives us problems, time-stop past it as we did before.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #534 on: August 02, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
> Nod.
> "Understood."
> Head through the door and onward to Alice. If her guard gives us problems, time-stop past it as we did before.

>The door, you notice, has a sign very specifically warning there is a monster down there and instructs running from it to the stairs. There is also a detachable lamp nearby, which you grab.
>You head down the stairs, and into a storage room full of various objects, some you recognize and some that you don't. A few artworks from the gallery, some nightstands, an old range that you are certain was in use in your era... It is dust as all get out here, though you can see the dust has been heavily disturbed lately; remnants of the battle you remember having with Juza. Part of the wall is still missing, you march right through it. Within moments, you hear and then see the guardian charging. Stepping out of time, you go right around it and toward...another source of light. Curious.
>Entering into Alice's lair proper, you can see she has moved all of the furniture and the like, to make room for a large series of shapes exactly like those that she drew on Mitsu's floor. Alice herself rests in the middle of it, kneeling and concentrating.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #535 on: August 02, 2017, 06:57:41 PM »
> "How goes the search?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #536 on: August 02, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »
> "How goes the search?"

>"...Why are you still here?" she says. Her voice is...not like before. No, it's exactly like before.  Argh, you are going to have to find a way to sort out these conflicting memories. She sounds more natural now.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #537 on: August 02, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
> Does she look more natural than 'before' as well?
> "Whatever pulled me here once did it again. I am currently thinking I need to find that pocketwatch to properly end this nonsense for good."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #538 on: August 02, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »
> Does she look more natural than 'before' as well?
> "Whatever pulled me here once did it again. I am currently thinking I need to find that pocketwatch to properly end this nonsense for good."

>It's hard to tell.
>"Hm," she says. "I am searching."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #539 on: August 02, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »
> "Need more time?"