Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211636 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #900 on: August 24, 2017, 02:57:12 AM »
>"Well, I assumed that much. I don't suppose you can tell from this whether the gun itself was a noble phantasm or just a regular gun?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #901 on: August 24, 2017, 03:07:01 AM »
>"Well, I assumed that much. I don't suppose you can tell from this whether the gun itself was a noble phantasm or just a regular gun?"

>"If the gun isn't," says Archer, "Then drawing it definitely was. There's no question a noble phantasm was involved. So, are we done here? I really want to be done before the police show up."

>_

« Reply #902 on: August 24, 2017, 03:15:05 AM »
>"Yes, let's go."
>Let's head back to pick up our car and have a much-deserved delayed freakout

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #903 on: August 24, 2017, 03:38:21 AM »
>"Yes, let's go."
>Let's head back to pick up our car and have a much-deserved delayed freakout

>You make your way back to the car, taking a few side streets to keep away from the main road for the time being. This works to your advantage as you hear police cars race down it with sirens blaring when you are but a couple blocks from it. Archer is silent the whole time, having dissolved back into an intangible state. Your thoughts race the whole time; three other servants already, and one is out of the running already. Frankly, you're dead tired and running mostly on fading adrenaline at this point. You've never seen someone die before today; even in the occult underground things tended only break into private violence, away from prying eyes and recriminations. Not only that, one of the more harmful people in the western world... You're going to have nightmares about that sound that Ford made with Archer shot him, you know it. And both Berserker and Assassin are still out there...
>You get back to your car and find it is still there and still intact. There is no sign of the fog. You waste little time in leaving, going back the way you came and resolving to take the long way back home, well away from the battlefield. Archer is still quiet and unseen in the passenger seat. You aren't sure if she's brooding or nervous, or perhaps disappointed in you somehow.

>_

« Reply #904 on: August 24, 2017, 03:47:17 AM »
>"Hey, Archer, I just wanted to say... thanks. I didn't really get the chance while everything was busy going crazy. You're the only reason I'm still alive here and sure, maybe that's just part of the bargain, but that doesn't mean I'm any less grateful for it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #905 on: August 24, 2017, 04:10:49 AM »
>"Hey, Archer, I just wanted to say... thanks. I didn't really get the chance while everything was busy going crazy. You're the only reason I'm still alive here and sure, maybe that's just part of the bargain, but that doesn't mean I'm any less grateful for it."

>Archer materializes again, sitting in her seat. "You did alright yourself," she says. "Good enough to deal with that car, anyways. And good enough to figure out who was driving it, that definitely helped. Calling in the constables wasn't a bad idea, either. It definitely changed the tide of the fight and put them off guard. Rider would have been way more dangerous if he weren't desperate."

>_

« Reply #906 on: August 24, 2017, 04:22:53 AM »
>"Thanks. I guess I... did do pretty okay for someone whose idea of 'danger' is usually limited to playing games on company time."
>Nervous chuckle
>"...although I admit that I'm mostly running on leftover adrenaline by this point."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #907 on: August 24, 2017, 04:33:51 AM »
>"Thanks. I guess I... did do pretty okay for someone whose idea of 'danger' is usually limited to playing games on company time."
>Nervous chuckle
>"...although I admit that I'm mostly running on leftover adrenaline by this point."

>"Yeah, I imagine," says Archer. "Though don't let it go to our head, there's places to improve."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #908 on: August 24, 2017, 04:38:00 AM »
> "Okay. We can go over everything in the morning, I guess. By the way, how's your wound?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #909 on: August 24, 2017, 04:50:52 AM »
> "Okay. We can go over everything in the morning, I guess. By the way, how's your wound?"

>"It hurts a bit, but nothing too bad," she says. "It should be better by morning."

>_

« Reply #910 on: August 24, 2017, 05:02:56 AM »
>"Good, good. ...do you still think we should leave town tonight?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #911 on: August 24, 2017, 05:08:44 AM »
>"Good, good. ...do you still think we should leave town tonight?"

>"I think that depends on just how bad the constable response is going to be," says Archer. "Leaving in the middle of the night would definitely be suspicious if they saw us. So I guess that choice is up to you, you know them better than I do."

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #912 on: August 24, 2017, 05:27:46 AM »
>"Hmm, good point. Let's go back to the house, at least for a little bit. Besides, maybe I could find something out about this thing we found if I looked online..."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

« Reply #913 on: August 24, 2017, 05:39:36 AM »
>"Honestly, the biggest problem is that I'm growing too exhausted to drive us out of town. I would be very happy if I could have a good night's sleep in my own bed before getting into any more of this craziness."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #914 on: August 24, 2017, 05:50:42 AM »
> Assess fatigue...
> ...
> Assess everything of ourselves, actually. Maybe we are missing some limbs and we aren't noticing, nor Archer thinks it's the big deal to tell us! This has been a brutal day, dammit!
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #915 on: August 24, 2017, 06:08:16 AM »
>"Hmm, good point. Let's go back to the house, at least for a little bit. Besides, maybe I could find something out about this thing we found if I looked online..."
>"Honestly, the biggest problem is that I'm growing too exhausted to drive us out of town. I would be very happy if I could have a good night's sleep in my own bed before getting into any more of this craziness."
> Assess fatigue...
> ...
> Assess everything of ourselves, actually. Maybe we are missing some limbs and we aren't noticing, nor Archer thinks it's the big deal to tell us! This has been a brutal day, dammit!

>You are largely unhurt, just kind of exhausted and frazzled. Your face does hurt from having been tackled onto that roof, but it's nothing to worry about.
>"Are we still doing that pizza thing, then?" Archer says.

>_

« Reply #916 on: August 24, 2017, 06:16:32 AM »
>Grin
>"You know what? I think we are."
>Let's get some pizza and try to squeeze a little normalcy into the rest of the night

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #917 on: August 24, 2017, 06:19:20 AM »
> We jumped from roof to roof, escaped from an acrobatic car and did a bunch of things more. Sure, let's act like nothing happened for the rest of the night.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #918 on: August 24, 2017, 07:15:46 AM »
>Grin
>"You know what? I think we are."
>Let's get some pizza and try to squeeze a little normalcy into the rest of the night

> We jumped from roof to roof, escaped from an acrobatic car and did a bunch of things more. Sure, let's act like nothing happened for the rest of the night.

>"Good," says Archer. "I've earned a treat."
>You don't know about normalcy, but...
>You didn't jump nowhere, you had Archer carry your ass around like a sack of potatoes.
>You take the long way around to get home. Thankfully, you don't run into any particular police-related issues along the way, though does seem to get kind of nasty going other way. It is nearly closing time when you finally get to Danello's Pizza, about five blocks from home. Frankly, they aren't very happy with the last minute order, but seeing a regular customer softens the blow a little bit. Archer remains immaterial for this visit and mostly quiet, though you can't shake the sense she is prowling behind the counter and perhaps out the door from time to time. Honestly, just waiting in a booth for the deed to be done and idly browsing Twitter for shitposts is fairly relaxing; even if the store radio seems to be playing nothing but The Eagles.
>After getting your food, you head back home and all but collapse onto your couch. Archer follows you in, and has a seat nearby. "So," she says as she eyes the box. "What's the plan for this evening? Right to bed?"

>_

« Reply #919 on: August 24, 2017, 07:30:25 AM »
>How long do we think it would take to do at least an initial analysis of that item we got from Koch? Is this something we could reasonably fit in between pizza and bed without pushing ourselves too much?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #920 on: August 24, 2017, 07:36:44 AM »
>How long do we think it would take to do at least an initial analysis of that item we got from Koch? Is this something we could reasonably fit in between pizza and bed without pushing ourselves too much?

>That is entirely dependent on just how hard this thing is to read. It could be an all-nighter, or it could be fifteen minutes and a google search.

>_

« Reply #921 on: August 24, 2017, 07:45:39 AM »
>"I think the plan is pizza, then try to figure out that thing we got from Koch, and then bed. Well, I don't think I have the energy to go plumbing the depths for info on this item tonight, but I'll at least see if brief search can turn up something."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #922 on: August 24, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »
> "Who knows? Maybe I can even use this thing to my favor if It's safe and such."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #923 on: August 24, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »
>"I think the plan is pizza, then try to figure out that thing we got from Koch, and then bed. Well, I don't think I have the energy to go plumbing the depths for info on this item tonight, but I'll at least see if brief search can turn up something."

> "Who knows? Maybe I can even use this thing to my favor if It's safe and such."

>Archer nods. "Alright. I'll keep watch after we're done here. I don't think we'll have to worry about the likes of Assassin tonight, but I am worried about Berserker showing up again. Still, three others were here..."

>_

« Reply #924 on: August 24, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
>"Yeah, I honestly don't know what to make of that given that the grail didn't feel like it was here. And I've always been pretty sure that I was the only magi in this whole city - it's not really a big or important place. Koch coming here of his own initiative I could believe if he had info that I was a Master, but for so many people to be drawn here? Surely it can't be a coincidence."
>We're still getting that sensation that the grail is eastward, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #925 on: August 24, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »
>"Yeah, I honestly don't know what to make of that given that the grail didn't feel like it was here. And I've always been pretty sure that I was the only magi in this whole city - it's not really a big or important place. Koch coming here of his own initiative I could believe if he had info that I was a Master, but for so many people to be drawn here? Surely it can't be a coincidence."
>We're still getting that sensation that the grail is eastward, right?

>"Hm," says Archer. "If I recall what that upjumped merchant said correctly, he was chasing after Berserker when he found us, right? And, I'm convinced Assassin was tailing him."
>The sensation of the grail's direction has not changed at all.

>_
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:18:45 AM by Purji Costavis »

« Reply #926 on: August 24, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »
>"You think it might have effectively been a conga line of people pursing each other as they passed through?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #927 on: August 24, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »
>"You think it might have effectively been a conga line of people pursing each other as they passed through?"

>"Maybe so," says Archer. "Whatever Assassin did was intentional as could be."

>_

« Reply #928 on: August 24, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »
>"I wonder if he was following us the whole fight. It's possible he might not have had a good way to get through Rider's noble phantasm to get at Koch until we took care of it for him."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #929 on: August 24, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »
>"I wonder if he was following us the whole fight. It's possible he might not have had a good way to get through Rider's noble phantasm to get at Koch until we took care of it for him."

>"Or he was just content to let us die first," says Archer.

>_