Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211462 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #660 on: August 09, 2017, 06:11:57 AM »
>Take a moderately wide loop around and head back north, I think. Focus on keeping me out of sight more than moving quickly, until Koch makes another appearance.
>...which I hope won't be until after either the police get here or we make it to better terrain.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #661 on: August 09, 2017, 03:23:33 PM »
>Take a moderately wide loop around and head back north, I think. Focus on keeping me out of sight more than moving quickly, until Koch makes another appearance.
>...which I hope won't be until after either the police get here or we make it to better terrain.

>"North it is," Archer sends. "You never did answer me, by the way."

>_

« Reply #662 on: August 09, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
>Answer what?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #663 on: August 09, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »
>Answer what?

>"How are we going to hurt it?" Archer sends. "And really, didn't you already manage to do it it a little?"

>_

« Reply #664 on: August 09, 2017, 10:47:41 PM »
>Well, if we can sink it in the river or gas the interior, it doesn't matter if we hurt the car itself - it's moot without Koch. And... that wall of mine might have hurt it a little, but I'm not sure. I'd want stronger materials to make it out of and they dodged the last attempt the moment I threw the stone. I think they're expecting it now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #665 on: August 09, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »
>Well, if we can sink it in the river or gas the interior, it doesn't matter if we hurt the car itself - it's moot without Koch. And... that wall of mine might have hurt it a little, but I'm not sure. I'd want stronger materials to make it out of and they dodged the last attempt the moment I threw the stone. I think they're expecting it now.

>"So, we have to make it so they can't dodge," Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #666 on: August 10, 2017, 03:54:31 AM »
>Got any suggestions? They came straight for me the last time I tried to make a sinkhole and then skirted right around where I put it. I think one of them could detect what I was doing, so I don't know if I can catch them with that - at least not unless I used it while very far away from them.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: August 10, 2017, 04:52:45 AM »
>Got any suggestions? They came straight for me the last time I tried to make a sinkhole and then skirted right around where I put it. I think one of them could detect what I was doing, so I don't know if I can catch them with that - at least not unless I used it while very far away from them.

>"Hm, when are they not able to dodge something..." Archer sends, her mental voice almost muttering.

>_

« Reply #668 on: August 10, 2017, 05:14:43 AM »
>Well, they don't seem to be able to change direction mid-air, but they're too high up to- When they land! If I aim it for wherever they're going to land, they'll probably be forced to land right on top of it. But... that sounds dangerous. Every jump so far has either been out of range or poised to land on top of me. Hmmm....

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:41 AM »
>Well, they don't seem to be able to change direction mid-air, but they're too high up to- When they land! If I aim it for wherever they're going to land, they'll probably be forced to land right on top of it. But... that sounds dangerous. Every jump so far has either been out of range or poised to land on top of me. Hmmm....

>"Sounds worth trying..." says Archer. "Maybe when they're going over a house?"

>_

« Reply #670 on: August 10, 2017, 05:42:19 AM »
>We said we weren't certain if the Wall spell would still work if the stone was physically deflected before landing yet still landed on valid terrain, right? But it might?
>If so: How capable would you feel of hitting one of those Wall stones with an arrow before it hit the ground again and deflecting it to a specific area? Without destroying the stone itself in the process, that is?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #671 on: August 10, 2017, 05:59:53 AM »
>We said we weren't certain if the Wall spell would still work if the stone was physically deflected before landing yet still landed on valid terrain, right? But it might?
>If so: How capable would you feel of hitting one of those Wall stones with an arrow before it hit the ground again and deflecting it to a specific area? Without destroying the stone itself in the process, that is?

>It might, but you are not confident.
>"That's easy," Archer sends. "But sounds convoluted."

>_

« Reply #672 on: August 10, 2017, 06:11:43 AM »
>Well, I can only throw these things so far. You could probably launch them much further - far enough to reach the limo's landing zone while we were safely outside it. Might even make a good surprise that way.
>Only problem is that I'm not sure that this wouldn't disrupt the magic in it and prevent it from going off, so we've have to give it a test shot first - before attempting to actually hit them with it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #673 on: August 10, 2017, 06:22:49 AM »
>Well, I can only throw these things so far. You could probably launch them much further - far enough to reach the limo's landing zone while we were safely outside it. Might even make a good surprise that way.
>Only problem is that I'm not sure that this wouldn't disrupt the magic in it and prevent it from going off, so we've have to give it a test shot first - before attempting to actually hit them with it.

>"Just say when," she says.

>_

« Reply #674 on: August 10, 2017, 07:10:18 AM »
>Okay.
>Let's take out a stone, point out somewhere relatively unobtrusive but also outside our normal throwing range to Archer as the target, then give our signal and throw it. Let's see if this remote Wall deployment works.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #675 on: August 11, 2017, 02:10:00 AM »
>Okay.
>Let's take out a stone, point out somewhere relatively unobtrusive but also outside our normal throwing range to Archer as the target, then give our signal and throw it. Let's see if this remote Wall deployment works.

>Archer puts you down, and you take out a stone and cast the spell. You don't really see what she does, but the stone definitely skips in midair as something hits it, lands about 145 degrees from where you aimed. You can feel the mana drain from you, and dirt kind of rises and and starts to twist into a kind of vertical shape, then it all collapses. It doesn't feel like it  has drained as much mana as it normally would have.

>_

« Reply #676 on: August 11, 2017, 03:55:06 AM »
>So basically: it misfired? And this plan therefore seems unusable?
>Assuming so: Well, we learned something, anyway. I guess we'll just have to be closer to them for this to work than I'd like.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #677 on: August 11, 2017, 04:25:03 AM »
>So basically: it misfired? And this plan therefore seems unusable?
>Assuming so: Well, we learned something, anyway. I guess we'll just have to be closer to them for this to work than I'd like.

>This seems to be the case. You would need to improve your own skills before this is viable, you think.
>"So it seems. But we have something now," Archer sends. "So, where now?"

>_

« Reply #678 on: August 11, 2017, 04:49:05 AM »
>Keep moving north, I think. Slower and more cautiously, since we don't know where they are and they mightn't know where we are, either. I mean, I'd be happy to take a surprise attack if we can spot them first. And if not, well... here's hoping we can still give 'em a surprise regardless.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #679 on: August 11, 2017, 05:08:57 AM »
>Keep moving north, I think. Slower and more cautiously, since we don't know where they are and they mightn't know where we are, either. I mean, I'd be happy to take a surprise attack if we can spot them first. And if not, well... here's hoping we can still give 'em a surprise regardless.

>"Right," Archer sends, and picks you up again and continues north.
>As you come to the edge of the block, you notice flashing red and blue lights to the west.

>_

« Reply #680 on: August 11, 2017, 06:01:00 AM »
>Do they seem to be moving? If so, coming closer or moving further away? Can we hear sirens?
>How close do they seem to be, for that matter?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #681 on: August 11, 2017, 06:15:59 AM »
>Do they seem to be moving? If so, coming closer or moving further away? Can we hear sirens?
>How close do they seem to be, for that matter?

>You can't tell at the moment, you haven't quite passed by the house to see. No sirens at the moment.
>Reasonably, though you can't see at this split second.
>Archer stops before passing the edge of the house. "Oh hell," she sends, "What is that damn aristocrat's Servant doing now?"

>_

« Reply #682 on: August 11, 2017, 07:04:46 AM »
>Can you see the limo? Those lights are from the police, though; it would be best if we didn't get spotted by them either, or there'll be awkward questions for me to answer, but they shouldn't be trying to kill us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #683 on: August 11, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
>Can you see the limo? Those lights are from the police, though; it would be best if we didn't get spotted by them either, or there'll be awkward questions for me to answer, but they shouldn't be trying to kill us.

>"Oh, got it," Archer sends as she immediately reverses direction. "Aren't they supposed to be on our side, though? What should I do?"

>_
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:58:03 PM by Purji Costavis »

« Reply #684 on: August 11, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
>They're more or less on our side, but I can't be caught using magic where ordinary people can see it, nor having you carry me over rooftops. And I'd just rather not have to try and explain why Koch is trying to kill us or have my name plastered all over news stories about this.
>Put me down for a sec and take quick look at what's going on on the other side of this house.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #685 on: August 11, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
>They're more or less on our side, but I can't be caught using magic where ordinary people can see it, nor having you carry me over rooftops. And I'd just rather not have to try and explain why Koch is trying to kill us or have my name plastered all over news stories about this.
>Put me down for a sec and take quick look at what's going on on the other side of this house.

>Archer puts you down. You assume she disappears without a word. After a moment, she sends, "There's a mostly white car with those bright lights on top of it, just going down the road at a slow speed. The driver looks really bored and irritated."

>_

« Reply #686 on: August 16, 2017, 12:05:03 AM »
>Probably thinks this was just a prank call. But at least he's here, I guess.
>Keep an eye out and let me know when it's safe for me to cross to the next house without being spotted.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #687 on: August 16, 2017, 12:55:50 AM »
>Probably thinks this was just a prank call. But at least he's here, I guess.
>Keep an eye out and let me know when it's safe for me to cross to the next house without being spotted.

>"Okay, he's going across that house you're beside now," Archer says after a few moments, as the lights become brighter and more obnoxious. "Circle around back, and just walk across"

>_

« Reply #688 on: August 16, 2017, 01:01:25 AM »
>Do as she suggests

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #689 on: August 16, 2017, 01:03:35 AM »
>Do as she suggests

>You follow her suggestions, doing your best not to stumble over a garden hose that has been left out, and pass behind the neighboring house with no difficulties.

>_