Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211724 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #600 on: August 05, 2017, 06:17:56 AM »
>Maybe if we head towards a place with more traffic, he'd need to stop the whole 'jumping over buildings' thing, which could give us a chance to slip out of sight, even if I'd have to go on foot, too. Maybe find a restaurant to slip out the back door of.

>Is it possible for Archer's invisibility cloak to mask our presence, too, if we sort of had her try to drape it around the two of us? Enough to slip past regular people in a non-combat situation without being noticed, anyway? Or does it strictly only work for her?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #601 on: August 05, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
>Maybe if we head towards a place with more traffic, he'd need to stop the whole 'jumping over buildings' thing, which could give us a chance to slip out of sight, even if I'd have to go on foot, too. Maybe find a restaurant to slip out the back door of.

>Is it possible for Archer's invisibility cloak to mask our presence, too, if we sort of had her try to drape it around the two of us? Enough to slip past regular people in a non-combat situation without being noticed, anyway? Or does it strictly only work for her?

>"I guess even a monster like that would want to keep a low profile," Archer sends, just before leaping to another roof. The limousine swings around the house you were just on and starts to follow, smashing through a barbecue as it speeds up.  "What's the best way to get there?"
>It only works for her and small objects in her possession.

>_

« Reply #602 on: August 05, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »
>Give her some directions, as best we know them

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #603 on: August 05, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »
>Give her some directions, as best we know them

>Which direction do you intend to go, North or south? Or perhaps chance it with another direction entirely?

>_

« Reply #604 on: August 05, 2017, 11:08:30 PM »
>The one in the most riverly direction, which means north, yes?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #605 on: August 05, 2017, 11:10:08 PM »
>The one in the most riverly direction, which means north, yes?

>Yes.

>_

« Reply #606 on: August 05, 2017, 11:35:28 PM »
>Er, that was a: give her directions towards the main roads to the north (unless I was mistaken about the direction)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #607 on: August 05, 2017, 11:43:04 PM »
>Er, that was a: give her directions towards the main roads to the north (unless I was mistaken about the direction)

>"Alright, just let me know if you have any ideas how to get this guy off our tail in the meantime!" says Archer, as she continues to run eastward. The limousine is starting to gain on the two of you.

>_

« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2017, 12:07:05 AM »
>Don't suppose there are any alleyways or other passages in sight too narrow for the limo to fit through?
>Other good Wall materials in sight we could maybe at least use for a distraction?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2017, 12:10:59 AM »
>Don't suppose there are any alleyways or other passages in sight too narrow for the limo to fit through?
>Other good Wall materials in sight we could maybe at least use for a distraction?

>There isn't much in the way of alleys here; too suburban.
>There are still some gravel driveways here and there, and you see a brick garden path a few houses ahead that might work.

>_

« Reply #610 on: August 06, 2017, 01:33:24 AM »
The Walls aren't really good to help get it off our tail unless used at closer range, though.... Otherwise it'll just jump over them.

>Any public buildings we could slip into?
>Any people in the distance whose attention we might be able to attract?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: August 06, 2017, 01:45:42 AM »
>Any public buildings we could slip into?
>Any people in the distance whose attention we might be able to attract?

>Unfortunately, this is an American neighborhood, and zoning tends to forbid having businesses and the like within low density residential areas. It's all houses here.
>No one is out right now that you can see.

>_

« Reply #612 on: August 06, 2017, 03:17:08 AM »
>As far as there is 'etiquette' when it comes to the use of magic in public, would there be some kind of penalty from the overseers of the war for deliberately attracting the attention of civilians to someone else?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #613 on: August 06, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »
>As far as there is 'etiquette' when it comes to the use of magic in public, would there be some kind of penalty from the overseers of the war for deliberately attracting the attention of civilians to someone else?

>You...don't know, actually. You don't know if anyone has tried it. You suppose it would come down to plausible deniability.

>_

« Reply #614 on: August 06, 2017, 04:01:34 AM »
>I can call the police. Tell them there's a limo swerving all over the place and trying to run people down. Maybe a few police sirens will get him to stop jumping over buildings for a little while.
>Try to pull out our phone and dial 911

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #615 on: August 06, 2017, 04:16:19 AM »
>I can call the police. Tell them there's a limo swerving all over the place and trying to run people down. Maybe a few police sirens will get him to stop jumping over buildings for a little while.
>Try to pull out our phone and dial 911

>"Okay, just try to keep an eye on things..."
>You pull out your phone and dial. There is a ring, then "What is the nature of your emergency?"

>_

« Reply #616 on: August 06, 2017, 04:22:44 AM »
>"I'm near [some nearby street we know of]. There's a black limo swerving all over the road here; they've nearly run someone over twice now!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #617 on: August 06, 2017, 04:26:51 AM »
>"I'm near [some nearby street we know of]. There's a black limo swerving all over the road here; they've nearly run someone over twice now!"

>"Are you or anyone else hurt?" says the operator after you name a Buffalo street that you saw on one of the signs; she sounds like a middle-aged woman.
>The limo is gaining on you. Archer starts making her way toward the peak of the roof while running forward. "This is gonna help now, right?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #618 on: August 06, 2017, 04:32:05 AM »
>"I'm fine, I think, but someone's gonna get killed at this rate. It's heading north."
>I sure hope so.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #619 on: August 06, 2017, 04:39:28 AM »
>"I'm fine, I think, but someone's gonna get killed at this rate. It's heading north."
>I sure hope so.

>"Is anyone in danger right now?" says the operator. "Can you describe the driver?"

>_

« Reply #620 on: August 06, 2017, 04:44:43 AM »
>"I can't see them; the windows are tinted. And yes! I think they're actually trying to run someone over."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #621 on: August 06, 2017, 04:47:38 AM »
>"I can't see them; the windows are tinted. And yes! I think they're actually trying to run someone over."

>"Police are on the way, and we'll have a paramedic there shortly," says the operator. "In the meantime, just try to stay hidden."
>Archer crests the roof while you talk, and a moment later, the Limousine comes soaring over it, slowly turning in midair!

>_

« Reply #622 on: August 06, 2017, 04:54:11 AM »
>"Thank you!"
>Er, does this mean the limo is currently above us? Or just 'really damn close behind'?
>Useful Wall terrain nearby?
>Or other sorts of cover or usable elements?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #623 on: August 06, 2017, 05:05:46 AM »
>"Thank you!"
>Er, does this mean the limo is currently above us? Or just 'really damn close behind'?
>Useful Wall terrain nearby?
>Or other sorts of cover or usable elements?

>The operator hangs up.
>A bit of both!
>There is all kinds of dirt on the ground.
>You're on a roof, there is no cover.

>_

« Reply #624 on: August 06, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »
>Will shingles or whatever roofing material this house is made from work for a Wall?
>As far as we can tell in an instant, does it seem like the car is poised to land on us or still somewhat behind us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #625 on: August 06, 2017, 05:16:51 AM »
>Will shingles or whatever roofing material this house is made from work for a Wall?
>As far as we can tell in an instant, does it seem like the car is poised to land on us or still somewhat behind us?

>You doubt the shingles would work, after all the processing and such they've been through. It removes them too far from their native element.
>You aren't immediately sure. It could hit you, or go just past you.

>_

« Reply #626 on: August 06, 2017, 05:19:22 AM »
>Well, so long as it's definitely not going to land behind us....
>Double back! Off the roof!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #627 on: August 06, 2017, 05:26:22 AM »
>Well, so long as it's definitely not going to land behind us....
>Double back! Off the roof!

>Archer does not respond. She doesn't waste the time, doing precisely what you say.
>The limousine sails past you by not quite a yard. There is a sound, and suddenly something explodes out from the hubcaps with a distinct sound of metal on metal. You can feel something pass just under you. Archer grunts, but doesn't waver and keeps moving. The limousine lands in the front of the house that you are on, angled to keep going the direction that you were moving a moment ago. You can see it now, long blades extend from the vehicles tires; they retract as it starts moving again.

>_

« Reply #628 on: August 06, 2017, 05:42:35 AM »
I feel like I may be misunderstanding some of what just happened here.

>Clarify: if the limo passed over us, how did the blades extending from the hubcaps pass under us?
>Does this mean that the limo is now on the opposite side of the house that we landed on? As in, there is now a house between the two of us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #629 on: August 06, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
I feel like I may be misunderstanding some of what just happened here.

>Clarify: if the limo passed over us, how did the blades extending from the hubcaps pass under us?
>Does this mean that the limo is now on the opposite side of the house that we landed on? As in, there is now a house between the two of us?

>It passed by you, not over. It was on a descending arc.
>Yes, though you got to see it land before Archer jumped.

>_