Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211678 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #450 on: July 29, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »
>Well, let's dash around the nearest corner of this house and out of sight of the limo first
>As we're running: Think you can get me across the street and behind a different house before it spots me again? If so: do it!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #451 on: July 29, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »
>Well, let's dash around the nearest corner of this house and out of sight of the limo first
>As we're running: Think you can get me across the street and behind a different house before it spots me again? If so: do it!

>"I don't know!" Archer sends, as you hear the Limousine correcting itself behind behind you. Then you're suddenly drug off of your feet and hurtling forward!
>"Sorry," she sends as you are sped across the street, carried around the waist. "I don't think we're gonna get that far! They're coming!"

>_

« Reply #452 on: July 29, 2017, 09:10:53 PM »
>Don't suppose there's a pile of bricks or stones in sight, is there?
>If not: Another rooftop! And try to use its forward momentum against it so it can't leap after us; you can change direction faster than it can!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #453 on: July 29, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »
>Don't suppose there's a pile of bricks or stones in sight, is there?
>If not: Another rooftop! And try to use its forward momentum against it so it can't leap after us; you can change direction faster than it can!

>Not that you can see at this split second.
>Archer doesn't answer, instead she juggles you into a princess carry as she dashes across the street and into someone's lawn, then hops into the roof. You can hear the limousine some distance behind you.
>"What's the plan?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #454 on: July 29, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »
>If we can find some stones or bricks to work with, I might be able to beach it with that Wall spell. Either that, or lose sight of it for long enough to prepare a proper trap. Can't do that on the run.
>Are we anywhere near a body of water, by any chance?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #455 on: July 29, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »
>If we can find some stones or bricks to work with, I might be able to beach it with that Wall spell. Either that, or lose sight of it for long enough to prepare a proper trap. Can't do that on the run.
>Are we anywhere near a body of water, by any chance?

>"I can try to get away from it," Archer sends as she runs across the roof.
>You can't see one, but one or the other Calumet Rivers should be a few blocks to the north, they can't have carried you that far away. Or at least the prairie and marsh conservancy.

>_

« Reply #456 on: July 29, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »
>Do we know of any place in the general area that might have an abundance of hard Wall materials to work with?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #457 on: July 30, 2017, 03:56:58 AM »
>Do we know of any place in the general area that might have an abundance of hard Wall materials to work with?

>No. This isn't really your area at all.

>_

« Reply #458 on: July 30, 2017, 04:09:32 AM »
>North! Towards the river!
>And let's keep our eye out for suitable Wall materials while we go

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #459 on: July 30, 2017, 04:27:40 AM »
>North! Towards the river!
>And let's keep our eye out for suitable Wall materials while we go

>"Any preference on how we get there?" Archer sends as she crests the roof, and you start to descend the other side of it. It is very difficult to shake the feeling that you're going to fall.

>_

« Reply #460 on: July 30, 2017, 04:35:33 AM »
>Whatever you think is safest for both us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #461 on: July 30, 2017, 04:42:21 AM »
>Whatever you think is safest for both us.

>"Right, Hold on!" Archer sends, as you hear the limousine getting much closer! A moment later it flies just past you, spinning to realign itself in midair. Watching it land is kind of fascinating, , it seems to have some kind of suspension system that extends down from the main undercarriage to absorb the shock of the landing.
>Then you're suddenly in midair yourself as Archer leaps off the edge of the roof. The fall has some shock to it, but it's not enough to really hurt, though it does leave you feeling that she's just about to drop you as she dashes across the yard and around the front of the neighboring house. Then you're back at the intersection where this all started, Archer dashing across the road without pausing and into the yard of another house.

>_
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:47:00 AM by Purji Costavis »

« Reply #462 on: July 30, 2017, 04:48:41 AM »
>The limo was realigning itself in midair, but not actually showing signs of being able to propel itself or shift momentum in midair, right?
>Hang on and keep eyeing our surroundings

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #463 on: July 30, 2017, 04:51:54 AM »
>The limo was realigning itself in midair, but not actually showing signs of being able to propel itself or shift momentum in midair, right?
>Hang on and keep eyeing our surroundings

>Correct.
>You hang one, which does wonders for your stability while leaving the sensation you're clinging onto hard air. Archer runs past this house, then another, then one with a gravel driveway. You see no sign of the limo.

>_

« Reply #464 on: July 30, 2017, 05:15:14 AM »
>Nowhere? At all? Surely we can't have outsped it entirely, can we?
>Can we hear it at all?

« Reply #465 on: July 30, 2017, 08:14:39 AM »
So, if this game gets ahead of me while I'm asleep, I just thought I should say that a tentative idea for using the river was freezing the surface of it enough to supports ourselves and luring the limo onto the ice in pursuit of us, where its weight would break the ice and cause it to sink. (Could then possibly freeze over the top of it again for good measure?). Of course, this depends on the level of control we have over our Freeze spell and the time involved and probably a few other things. And of course we have to reach the river, too.

Alternatively hoping we might find a pile of bricks or cinderblocks on the way so that we could try the Wall trick again with a harder barricade. Who knows what other logistical problems might present themselves in the meantime, of course.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2017, 01:59:49 PM »
>Nowhere? At all? Surely we can't have outsped it entirely, can we?
>Can we hear it at all?

>Can't imagine you have...
>You don't hear anything, but then again you know it can run surprisingly quiet.

>_

« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »
>Well, keep a close eye out for it and don't limit ourselves to the direction we last saw it in. Maybe it's trying to cut us off, somehow. Be ready to bark a warning to Archer if she doesn't notice first.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2017, 08:10:26 PM »
>Well, keep a close eye out for it and don't limit ourselves to the direction we last saw it in. Maybe it's trying to cut us off, somehow. Be ready to bark a warning to Archer if she doesn't notice first.

>You look around as Archer dashes though yard after yard. You catch a glimpse of some old cinder blocks stacked in someone's back yard.

>_

« Reply #469 on: July 30, 2017, 08:22:28 PM »
>Enough to make a whole Wall from?
>What's the surrounding terrain like? How spacious and what kind of cover does it offer?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #470 on: July 30, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »
>Enough to make a whole Wall from?
>What's the surrounding terrain like? How spacious and what kind of cover does it offer?

>Should be.
>You're suburban hell. Which is to say, the land is pretty flat, gentle hills at the very most. Trees are minimal, houses are plentiful. The street plan should be relatively grid-like, from what you've seen. Yards tend to be open, houses are probably about fifteen feet apart on average. Pretty much everything here is one story.

>_

« Reply #471 on: July 30, 2017, 10:04:40 PM »
>And how close to the river are we now? Approximately how much percentage of the distance have we covered?

Debating which of the two general strategies to pursue at the moment. Wall was the original plan, but the river might be a better one anyway? Actually...

>Can we control the thickness of ice produced by our Freeze spell, to a degree?
>Knowing the river in this city, what effectiveness/thickness would we expect with our Freeze spell as applied to it?
>How quickly would it freeze once we magicked it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: July 30, 2017, 10:32:08 PM »
>And how close to the river are we now? Approximately how much percentage of the distance have we covered?
>Can we control the thickness of ice produced by our Freeze spell, to a degree?
>Knowing the river in this city, what effectiveness/thickness would we expect with our Freeze spell as applied to it?
>How quickly would it freeze once we magicked it?

>Not much closer. You've only passed by several houses at this point.
>A little bit, but only to a small degree. It's less about controlling thickness and more about controlling width or length to create more thickness. If you can attach it to two different shores, you can keep it from expanding out until it's only a millimeter thin sheet that melts instantly.
>Some parts are narrow enough you can make a worthwhile bridge that you can cross.
>Almost instantly.

>_

« Reply #473 on: July 30, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »
>So we could create a bridge across the river that would support us but almost certainly not a limousine?

That being said, if this option's that much closer, we might as well try it

>There's some cinder blocks over there I could use.
>Point them out
>Where's the limo gone?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #474 on: July 30, 2017, 11:08:13 PM »
>So we could create a bridge across the river that would support us but almost certainly not a limousine?
>There's some cinder blocks over there I could use.
>Point them out
>Where's the limo gone?

>Almost certainly the bridge wouldn't support the limo, unless it can negate its own weight...
>"I don't know," Archer sends. "Want me to head for them?"

>_

« Reply #475 on: July 30, 2017, 11:12:23 PM »
>Closer than the river, so I think it's worth a try.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #476 on: July 30, 2017, 11:28:48 PM »
>Closer than the river, so I think it's worth a try.

>She cuts around the house in question, a white one without an attached garage. The backyard has an empty plastic kiddie pool and a small bike with training wheels on a patio. A football sits in the grass, which has about a week and half's worth of growth. The cinderblocks are piled near a tree; you aren't certain what they're intended for; maybe edgign a garden?
>"What's the next step?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2017, 12:09:37 AM »
>It really feels kinda mean using some poor person's backyard for this....
>If I can get it to drive over those cinder blocks over there, I might be able to pull the wheels off the ground and strand it for a bit. Then you can try going to town on the underside. But I'm... a bit nervous that we seem to have lost track of it so quickly....

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2017, 12:14:55 AM »
>It really feels kinda mean using some poor person's backyard for this....
>If I can get it to drive over those cinder blocks over there, I might be able to pull the wheels off the ground and strand it for a bit. Then you can try going to town on the underside. But I'm... a bit nervous that we seem to have lost track of it so quickly....

>You would hope they don't mind...
>"Would it just drive over a pile of carved up stones like that?" Archer sends. "And, I don't know where it went...maybe it was trying to head us off?"

>_

« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2017, 12:30:27 AM »
>Well, it hasn't seemed to pay much mind to what it was driving over. If it was chasing me, it might just ignore them.
>Go see if you can spot it from the rooftop.