Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211523 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2017, 03:27:30 AM »
>To contact other masters and possibly gain their command seals, you mean?
>Also: can you tell how far away we are from Berserker?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2017, 03:31:30 AM »
>To contact other masters and possibly gain their command seals, you mean?
>Also: can you tell how far away we are from Berserker?

>"Just in general, really," Archer sends, as the limousine speeds away and turns a corner. "And, well, there's no fog anymore, so pretty good distance, I imagine."

>_

« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2017, 03:36:02 AM »
>I don't like it, either, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he had some kind of ace up his sleeve - otherwise you'd have to be insane to sound that confident when you knew there was a Servant sitting right next to the person you were goading. I mean... wouldn't you?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2017, 03:38:07 AM »
> Look around. Where are we exactly?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2017, 03:44:14 AM »
>I don't like it, either, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he had some kind of ace up his sleeve - otherwise you'd have to be insane to sound that confident when you knew there was a Servant sitting right next to the person you were goading. I mean... wouldn't you?

>"It's why I held back," she says, aloud now. Her voice comes from your left.

> Look around. Where are we exactly?

>You don't know precisely. You're in some neighborhood. Presumably part of the one you were just in, but you have no idea where.

>_

« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2017, 03:45:55 AM »
>"I guess you'd have wanted to put an arrow or two in him otherwise?"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2017, 03:47:10 AM »
> "I'm sorry you had to watch in action such a disgusting type of person."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2017, 03:53:02 AM »
>"I guess you'd have wanted to put an arrow or two in him otherwise?"

>"Or knives. Whatever's quickest," she says.

> "I'm sorry you had to watch in action such a disgusting type of person."

>"He's not the first," she says. "Let's just get back to your car already. It's this way."

>_

« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2017, 03:57:27 AM »
>"Right."
>Let's head back.

>"You know, there's something I'd been meaning to ask. When I first summoned you, you said you had a bone to pick with the grail or something, right? Would it be prying to ask what you meant?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2017, 04:01:41 AM »
>"Right."
>Let's head back.

>"You know, there's something I'd been meaning to ask. When I first summoned you, you said you had a bone to pick with the grail or something, right? Would it be prying to ask what you meant?"

>You start heading back.
>"Huh?" she says. "Oh, that. It was just a little joke. I want it as much as anyone. Though, I am wondering something. Just what do you want it for?"

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2017, 04:03:26 AM »
> Have we ever wished for something that badly?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2017, 04:04:10 AM »
> Have we ever wished for something that badly?

>Have you?

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2017, 04:09:06 AM »
> "... Honestly, I didn't thought about that until now."

« Reply #373 on: July 28, 2017, 04:21:03 AM »
>"I-"
>Stop, shake our head, and then snicker sheepishly
>"This is probably just going to me me sound stupid, but I... don't really know what I'd wish for. I mean, the grail wasn't something I'd ever planned to seek. I just woke up one morning, knowing that the grail was calling to me - that I'd been chosen by it somehow. And that frankly makes no sense to me at all, even now - I don't have any family connection to it, I'm on the other side of the world from where every other grail war was fought. The way I heard it, they weren't even expecting there to be another Grail War. What magus could resist investigating a magical mystery on that scale?"
>"I mean, that probably doesn't sound like much to risk your life on and maybe it isn't, but I just knew that if I let this pass me by, I'd spend the rest of my life wondering what might have been. And the wish itself is nothing to sneeze at, either."
>Awkward chuckle, then sigh again
>"Honestly, the wish itself is almost too enormous a thing to decide upon so quickly. I want it to count for something - to matter in the grand scheme of things, somehow."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #374 on: July 28, 2017, 04:42:17 AM »
> "... Honestly, I didn't thought about that until now."
>"I-"
>Stop, shake our head, and then snicker sheepishly
>"This is probably just going to me me sound stupid, but I... don't really know what I'd wish for. I mean, the grail wasn't something I'd ever planned to seek. I just woke up one morning, knowing that the grail was calling to me - that I'd been chosen by it somehow. And that frankly makes no sense to me at all, even now - I don't have any family connection to it, I'm on the other side of the world from where every other grail war was fought. The way I heard it, they weren't even expecting there to be another Grail War. What magus could resist investigating a magical mystery on that scale?"
>"I mean, that probably doesn't sound like much to risk your life on and maybe it isn't, but I just knew that if I let this pass me by, I'd spend the rest of my life wondering what might have been. And the wish itself is nothing to sneeze at, either."
>Awkward chuckle, then sigh again
>"Honestly, the wish itself is almost too enormous a thing to decide upon so quickly. I want it to count for something - to matter in the grand scheme of things, somehow."

>"I guess I can see-GET BACK!"
>Invisible hands roughly grab you by the shoulders and pull you back as you start to cross a street, a moment before something large and black rumbles past you! Was that a car?! Why weren't its headlights on? You could barely even see it!
>Tires screech just past you. You can see it moving in the darkness now, large and black and pulling a a surprising turnaround despite its mass!

>_

« Reply #375 on: July 28, 2017, 04:45:46 AM »
>"The hell?!"
>Is it actually a car? Like, an ordinary honest-to-goodness car? Can we sense anything strange afoot?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #376 on: July 28, 2017, 04:49:19 AM »
>"The hell?!"
>Is it actually a car? Like, an ordinary honest-to-goodness car? Can we sense anything strange afoot?

>It's an actual car. Or rather, as you look at in in what weak light there is available, it seems to be a black limousine. You would almost say a familiar black limousine, but you are certain it didn't have tires like that, beforehand! Nor did it have what seems to be several large spikes attached to the grill and front bumper! It pulls out of its spin, having pulled a neat 180.
>"Master! Orders!" Archer shouts.

>_

« Reply #377 on: July 28, 2017, 04:52:50 AM »
>Did it come from the same direction the limo departed from earlier? Not that it matters, perhaps....
>What do our surroundings here look like? In terms of building and terrain.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #378 on: July 28, 2017, 04:56:02 AM »
>Did it come from the same direction the limo departed from earlier? Not that it matters, perhaps....
>What do our surroundings here look like? In terms of building and terrain.

>No, but it could have gone around the block, maybe?
>You are currently at an intersection in a residential neighborhood. All around you are various houses, mostly of the one story variety. There are no streetlights, and not a lot of light in general as a result. There are some cars parallel parked on the road, but not too many. Some of the yards are fenced in on some sides, some of those on all sides, while others have no fences at all.

>_

« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2017, 05:00:50 AM »
>Presumably there is no high ground to stand on that isn't the roof of someone's house?
>Are we capable of using Wall at our own feet to get a quick altitude boost? If so, how quickly does the wall form?
>The limo is pointed back at us again, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2017, 05:03:33 AM »
>Presumably there is no high ground to stand on that isn't the roof of someone's house?
>Are we capable of using Wall at our own feet to get a quick altitude boost? If so, how quickly does the wall form?
>The limo is pointed back at us again, right?

>There are some cars you could jump onto. Otherwise, not that you can immediately see.
>You've never tried it, but Wall tends not to be very thick unless you pour a good amount of Mana into it, and have a lot of loose material onhand.
>Yes.

>_

« Reply #381 on: July 28, 2017, 05:19:54 AM »
>How well does asphalt work for Wall material? Not loose enough to be usable?
>Could Forbidden Zone create 'pillars' beneath ourselves or are those not hazardous enough to fall under its purview? (Also, how long would that sort of thing ordinarily take?)
>What do we know about the special capabilities of Archer's bow?

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #382 on: July 28, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »
>Everything, that's how it works.

The smartest thing is to have Archer cover us as we get the fuck away, not waste our own resources. Get on the car roof or something.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #383 on: July 28, 2017, 08:20:22 AM »
I don't think a car roof is going to be high enough to matter for this. I'd thought about having Archer hoist us onto the roof of a house, but then I have terrible images of the car just barreling into the house and maybe getting a bystander killed. Still, I'm not certain anywhere that's safer.

(Honestly, the first call that comes to mind in the situation is to have Archer try to take out the driver, but I have a very strong suspicion we may be dealing with Rider here which wouldn't make that altogether easy.)

Also, I realize that Lily should know the bow's capabilities, but I wanted them listed explicitly for the purposes of this game, which is certainly a more reliable resource for what we can do with it here than the Fate wiki is.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »
>Have Archer do a quick assessment of the souped-up combat limo. Is it a Servant?

//Probably one of the things we should be trying here is that. As for bystanders, well, A.) Considering it's Nasuverse night, no one is probably even home, and B.) Collateral damage happens in these sorts of situations. We should be trying to save ourselves here, and hope the risk doesn't come into play.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
>How well does asphalt work for Wall material? Not loose enough to be usable?
>Could Forbidden Zone create 'pillars' beneath ourselves or are those not hazardous enough to fall under its purview? (Also, how long would that sort of thing ordinarily take?)
>What do we know about the special capabilities of Archer's bow?

>Loose or broken asphalt is good. Asphalt from a road doesn't really work unless there's no other options available. Then it creates a weak wall.
>You could directly it to so, but it would not on its own.
>You are aware that she can apply poison to her arrows without any effort on her part, though she then needs to let it rest for a moment before she can do it again. She may also use it to intensify the effect of any poisons within a target's system. Finally, she may use it to cloud an area about the size of a city block in poisonous gas, though as long as that is in effect, it hampers the other abilities of her bow.

>Everything, that's how it works.

>Are you trying to make some sense? Start making some sense!

>Have Archer do a quick assessment of the souped-up combat limo. Is it a Servant?

>This will take a couple moments on her part, you imagine. Which you also imagine this thing can exploit in the meantime. So you might wanna plan for more than just that.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »
>"Archer, get us to higher ground or a rooftop now! Try and get us on top of the garage, though, if it goes through the building to get to us it'll be less risky to any residents."
>Get Archer to try and assess the evil limo while we look around for anything on the street we can make use of for our spells one we're up there. Do we see anything with good potential?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »
>"Archer, get us to higher ground or a rooftop now! Try and get us on top of the garage, though, if it goes through the building to get to us it'll be less risky to any residents."
>Get Archer to try and assess the evil limo while we look around for anything on the street we can make use of for our spells one we're up there. Do we see anything with good potential?

>"Got it!" Archer sends back.
>You look around, and see there are a couple of gravel driveways around. There may be other things, if you want to take the time to look around more.

>_

« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
>If one of those ones with a gravel drive is about as near as any other and presents a good garage, point out that one to Archer as where we should go. Otherwise just pick whichever looks closest and most suitable
>And if it keeps on coming once we're out of the way, try to take out the driver!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2017, 06:27:04 PM »
>If one of those ones with a gravel drive is about as near as any other and presents a good garage, point out that one to Archer as where we should go. Otherwise just pick whichever looks closest and most suitable
>And if it keeps on coming once we're out of the way, try to take out the driver!

>"One thing at a time!" Archer sends back, as you feel an invisible arm slip under your arm and around your lower ribs, before you're jerked off your feet and forcefully drug toward one of the gravel driveway houses. Then there's a sudden jerk and a weightless sensation, and a definite feeling you're about to fall, before your feet touch on a strange surface and you have to balance.
>The limousine simply sits in the street as you're jerked away. Then, once you land on the roof, it starts to pick up speed, angling off of the road and starting to cut through a yard to make a beeline toward your position.

>_