Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211596 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »
>"If you think I'd be flattered to be recognized by someone whose done as much as you have to take healthcare away from people, then think again. Maybe these seals are wasted on me, but that's still better than whatever it is you'd use them for - unless you'd care to inform me otherwise?"

>"Why, it's quite simple," he says. "I'm going to shut the whole thing down. Can you tell me that anything good would come of allowing such an unfettered force running wild, where just anyone can change the world at their whim? There's nothing else for it but to remove it and allow us to be free of such meddlesome forces."

>_

« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2017, 04:12:06 PM »
>Of course he's in favor of Small Grail.
>"How... can that be accomplished?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
>Of course he's in favor of Small Grail.
>"How... can that be accomplished?"

>"Turn its own power against it, of course," he says. "If it can grant any  wish, then you need only wish for it never to do so again. And then we are free. If that won't work, other methods can be considered."

>_

« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2017, 05:40:31 PM »
>"Do you intend to buy everyone's command seals, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2017, 05:43:12 PM »
>"Do you intend to buy everyone's command seals, then?"

>"If they are willing," he says. "And if I don't deem them too dangerous to approach."
>"Master," Archer's voice echoes in your thoughts. "I'm liking this less and less. I've been trying to investigate this car, and...something's off. I can't tell what. I don't know if its magecraft or magic or what, but there's something going on."

>_

« Reply #335 on: July 27, 2017, 06:04:49 PM »
>"Less interested in the master of... whatever that is skulking around the neighbourhood, then?"
>'Going on'? So not just that the car is warded or enchanted, but that something is happening?
>Can we see out the window? Where do we appear to be going?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2017, 06:08:57 PM »
>"Less interested in the master of... whatever that is skulking around the neighbourhood, then?"
>'Going on'? So not just that the car is warded or enchanted, but that something is happening?
>Can we see out the window? Where do we appear to be going?

>"That one, we haven't found just yet," he says.
>"I...think so?" she sends. "There's some kind of background thing going on, I think?"
>You glance out the window, and see an unfamiliar neighborhood. You think you're probably not too far from where you parked, though. A couple blocks, maybe?

>_

« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2017, 06:17:38 PM »
>Do you think whatever it is presents an immediate danger to us?
>Out of curiosity, how quickly can we reshape ground with Forbidden Zone? Could we theoretically use it to make the ground beneath us jagged enough to puncture the tires of a vehicle we were currently riding in?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #338 on: July 27, 2017, 08:34:47 PM »
>Do you think whatever it is presents an immediate danger to us?
>Out of curiosity, how quickly can we reshape ground with Forbidden Zone? Could we theoretically use it to make the ground beneath us jagged enough to puncture the tires of a vehicle we were currently riding in?

>"I don't know,"  Archer sends to you. "It doesn't feel like, but I'm, not sure what it does feel like."
>It takes a few moments at best. Maybe if you were stopped?

>_

« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »
>So our range isn't long enough to reshape the area ahead the car before it reaches it?

Honestly, the bad vibes here make me kinda want to just bail post-haste even if there's still more questions I'd like to ask (not that we can really expect honest answers either). Tradeoff between trying to figure out what this oddity might be and putting some distance between us and it (I mean, provided Koch doesn't attempt to do something if we say negotiations are over).

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #340 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:48 PM »
//If Archer's worried, we shouldn't take the risk. We have to take into account and be extremely cautious at Koch's reaction at us leaving the negotiations.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #341 on: July 27, 2017, 11:14:39 PM »
>So our range isn't long enough to reshape the area ahead the car before it reaches it?

>You have to be in the area you are affecting.

>_

« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2017, 11:42:36 PM »
>Yes, but what's the approximate radius of what counts as 'in the area'? Could we reshape something at the furthest extent of it in the length of time it might take a car moving at town speeds to reach it?
>I'd still like to know what he knows, but if you're creeped out, that goes double for me.
>"Then perhaps you'd be better served by looking for them. Who knows, they might even be a libertarian."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #343 on: July 28, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »
>Yes, but what's the approximate radius of what counts as 'in the area'? Could we reshape something at the furthest extent of it in the length of time it might take a car moving at town speeds to reach it?
>I'd still like to know what he knows, but if you're creeped out, that goes double for me.
>"Then perhaps you'd be better served by looking for them. Who knows, they might even be a libertarian."

>That's an interesting question. The few times you have used it, it spread out from where you were, placing you in the middle.
>"It's sort of like trying to pick out one conversation out of a market," Archer sends. "I'm becoming sure he has some kind of thing on him, though."
>"Oh, everyone's a libertarian in the end," he says, "I've watched just about any kind of person you can name acknowledge it over the years. But that's beside the point, this war doesn't have anything to do with ideologies, does it? A bunch of treehuggers will fight it out just the same."

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #344 on: July 28, 2017, 12:09:51 AM »
>We kind of understand what he's trying to say here; this could affect Americans/Magi from all directions on the compass. We won't readily admit that though.
>"Well, with all due respect, I've hugged quite a few proverbial trees in my time. Mr. Koch. A-a-and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

« Reply #345 on: July 28, 2017, 12:14:57 AM »
>Er, not to quibble on wording too strongly, but even I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say to him right there?

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #346 on: July 28, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
//She's respectful-skeptical-awkwardly telling him that she's one of those tree hugging types he's talking about. This is a socially awkward person we're playing here, after all. We tend to talk like that.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

« Reply #347 on: July 28, 2017, 12:22:52 AM »
I mean, I guess so. But on the other hand, if there was ever a time NOT to fumble over ourselves, it's now. We can blubber all we want afterward. But no matter, I guess.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2017, 02:01:07 AM »
>We kind of understand what he's trying to say here; this could affect Americans/Magi from all directions on the compass. We won't readily admit that though.
>"Well, with all due respect, I've hugged quite a few proverbial trees in my time. Mr. Koch. A-a-and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon."

>"You say that," says Charles, a little grin on his lips. "But you've already entered yourself in a bloody free for all. Not very treehugger of you, is it? I daresay you agree with me more than you want to acknowledge already. Well, perhaps save for the key point that I am trying to reduce bloodshed and you apparently are not."

>_

« Reply #349 on: July 28, 2017, 02:15:42 AM »
>"If you really cared that much about keeping people from dying, you'd have put that money of yours behind making healthcare cheaper instead of the opposite. Whatever death toll will come out of this war is a drop in the bucket by comparison."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #350 on: July 28, 2017, 02:23:27 AM »
>"If you really cared that much about keeping people from dying, you'd have put that money of yours behind making healthcare cheaper instead of the opposite. Whatever death toll will come out of this war is a drop in the bucket by comparison."

>"Of course I am doing just that," he says. "But it is a shame that people do all in their power to have the government shield them from market forces. I'm sure you're quite happy with rising medical costs buoyed by the guarantee of government payment taken from the hands of the poor, aren't you? But that's beside the point, isn't it? It's odd you'd try to assume moral superiority when you're supposedly ready to kill with your own hands. Not that you actually can, of course."

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #351 on: July 28, 2017, 02:25:55 AM »
>"My Servant's in this car, too, you know. Would you like them to test out that theory, Mr. Koch?"
Did you bring a light?
...No...

« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2017, 02:34:43 AM »
>"You sound awfully sure that I wouldn't."
>Although if he's that confident with a servant in the car with him, something tells me we ought not to test it just yet.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2017, 02:39:55 AM »
>"You sound awfully sure that I wouldn't."
>Although if he's that confident with a servant in the car with him, something tells me we ought not to test it just yet.

>"You think that you would," he says. "You think that you ready. But you haven't been in that position yet. You've never been in a proper fight, I would guess. And you certainly don't have discipline, none of your generation does. We were too kind to you, I suppose. You aren't ready to kill, and you will never find yourself in a position to do so, in any case. You should be thrilled with the kindness I have offered you."
>"If he's bluffing," Archer sends to you, "Then he's one hell of a bluffer. I really hope he is, though. I really do."

>_

« Reply #354 on: July 28, 2017, 02:55:03 AM »
>"Under other circumstances, perhaps I would be, but - if I'm honest - I don't really trust you and I'm not interested in binding someone to your service against their will. So now, if you could stop the car and let me get out, that would be great."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #355 on: July 28, 2017, 03:01:46 AM »
>"Under other circumstances, perhaps I would be, but - if I'm honest - I don't really trust you and I'm not interested in binding someone to your service against their will. So now, if you could stop the car and let me get out, that would be great."

>"If you're certain," says Charles. "Though I warn you, you are forsaking a much greater power for a lesser one. This will only bring you bitter frustration and ruin."
>The limousine begins to slow.

>_

« Reply #356 on: July 28, 2017, 03:03:47 AM »
>"Well, if I change my mind, I'm sure I can figure out how to contact you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #357 on: July 28, 2017, 03:18:08 AM »
>"Well, if I change my mind, I'm sure I can figure out how to contact you."

>"I'm afraid not," he says. "I won't have time to come find you again. You only have this opportunity now."
>The limousine stops, the door opens on its own.

>_

« Reply #358 on: July 28, 2017, 03:20:30 AM »
>Take a look outside and assuming everything seems fine, step out
>"Then I guess I'll have to live with my decision."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #359 on: July 28, 2017, 03:25:50 AM »
>Take a look outside and assuming everything seems fine, step out
>"Then I guess I'll have to live with my decision."

>He says nothing as you step out.
>The door closes behind you a few moments later, and the limousine begins to drive away.
>"Should we be leaving him like this?" Archer sends to you.

>_