Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211661 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2017, 02:00:43 AM »
>"....what ?"
>Did we just hear it right ? 30 million dollars for our command seals ?
>Have we heard of this Charles Koch ?

« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2017, 02:04:34 AM »
On the one hand, 30 million dollars is a lot of dollars. On the other hand, Charles Koch is rather low down my list of people I'd like to have command seals. (And dear LORD would Robin be a horrible fit for him - and thus a great cruelty to inflict upon HER). Though what I'd like to know is how he knew we were a master so quickly as to get here already. (And what he'd plan to do with them, of course)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2017, 02:05:02 AM »
>"....what ?"
>Did we just hear it right ? 30 million dollars for our command seals ?
>Have we heard of this Charles Koch ?

>"Did I stutter?" he says.
>You apparently did.
>You are well aware of Charles Koch; multi-billionaire industrialist with a well known interest in advancing libertarian political causes, known for funding numerous fringe and mainstream right wing groups.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2017, 02:08:56 AM »
>"Well... this is quite the offer... how did you even find me ?"
>First this guy just randomly finds me, then he offers a fortune for my seals, what even...

« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2017, 02:11:28 AM »
>Er, I'd not actually say that to Robin under these circumstances. Also, the issue isn't how he found us - we're presumably in the phone book - but how he had any idea we were important to find in the first place.

>"My apologies. It's just... not at all the sort of conversation I was expecting."
>"How did you know I even had them?"

>Are we even aware of how we can give our seals to someone else?

I also should say here that, regardless of how tempting the money and 'not being a target in a contest for our own life' may be, binding Robin of all people to a figurehead for the 'more money means more right' faction is wanton cruelty.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2017, 02:15:05 AM »
>"Well... this is quite the offer... how did you even find me ?"
>First this guy just randomly finds me, then he offers a fortune for my seals, what even...
>Er, I'd not actually say that to Robin under these circumstances. Also, the issue isn't how he found us - we're presumably in the phone book - but how he had any idea we were important to find in the first place.
>"My apologies. It's just... not at all the sort of conversation I was expecting."
>"How did you know I even had them?"
>Are we even aware of how we can give our seals to someone else?

>"Why don't you tell me how your friend slipped in here instead?" he says. "It's not important how I know, what is important is whether or not you accept."
>"What!?" Archer's voice in your head squawks. "How did he-? But I-! You aren't seriously going along with this, right?"
>You know that the Church can remove them and transfer them in their role as overseer. There may be other ways to do it.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2017, 02:15:29 AM »
I mean, if i were Lily, I'd just have Archer kill him right then and now... But I'm not Lily and keeping him alive may get us further information on the plot, so hmmmmm.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2017, 02:19:22 AM »
If I were Lily I'd take the money, but then this wouldn't be much of a quest now would it.

I mean, $30mil is a lot of pizza!

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2017, 02:19:40 AM »
consume the rich, consume the rich

>"No, no I think it's important for me to know. Like you said, that 'thing' is out on the hunt right next to us, and what you want from me is what's keeping me safe."
>"And thirty million is chump change compared to the Grail."
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2017, 02:21:45 AM »
>Well... you remember those rich folks and nobles you opposed ? He is sorta like the modern version of them. So nooooooope, no chance.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2017, 02:26:33 AM »
//We aren't accepting the offer, naturally. Though it would be one of the fastest ends for a Quest.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2017, 02:31:38 AM »
>"No, no I think it's important for me to know. Like you said, that 'thing' is out on the hunt right next to us, and what you want from me is what's keeping me safe."
>"And thirty million is chump change compared to the Grail."

>"You will not get the Grail," he says flatly. "You do not have the drive, the power, the resources, or the knowledge to do so. And no, the grail is not worth 30 million dollars. That money will bring far more power into your life than any amount of magic trickery ever will. You will never obtain a chance to improve your life to this degree again."

>Well... you remember those rich folks and nobles you opposed ? He is sorta like the modern version of them. So nooooooope, no chance.

>"I am definitely getting that feeling," sends Archer. "But there's more than meets the eye here...I think I'm a little too far removed from my element to tell you what."

>_
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:39:53 AM by Purji Costavis »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #312 on: July 27, 2017, 02:39:07 AM »
>"And yet you are offering me that money in exchange for the chance at the grail even though you said it is not worth it, and how do you know if i have the drive or the resources or the knowledge ?"
>Just what is he even planning ?

« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2017, 02:42:54 AM »
>Hang on a sec. The command seals have value even outside of contending for the grail, so we can't assume this is what he wants them for.
>(And Archer certainly can't know what he's planning - she doesn't even know who he IS)

I also feel like mentioning, for those who seem in favor of killing Koch here, that he was able to track us down as having command seals almost before we knew this ourselves, can somehow see through a noble phantasm (at least partially) and still has a living brother with presumably comparable access to whatever resources Charles is using. We might prefer not to give him reason to kill us just yet.

>We presumably were not aware of either Koch brother having magi connections, right?

>"And if I decline?"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2017, 02:45:20 AM »
>The latter was more of an thought to the self.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2017, 02:45:51 AM »
>He kind of has a point. We ARE just a working-class Magus after all. But we also have better morals and a differing political compass than to take him up on his offer...
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2017, 02:47:05 AM »
"I have a Servant in the car, you've admitted you don't because you want my seals, and you really think this is negotiation is in your favor?"

I wanna go with this.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2017, 02:47:55 AM »
>Moreover, however much we might arguably benefit, it would mean binding Robin into the service of someone who stands for the very antithesis of her own ideals. Sure, we haven't known her very long, but how could we honestly conscience such a thing?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2017, 02:49:23 AM »
>Hang on a sec. The command seals have value even outside of contending for the grail, so we can't assume this is what he wants them for.
>(And Archer certainly can't know what he's planning - she doesn't even know who he IS)
>We presumably were not aware of either Koch brother having magi connections, right?

>"And if I decline?"

>There's always been rumors of big money players being dabbling into the occult underground, but nothing really ever seemed to come of it.
>"Then you will return to the mud," he says. "And you will shortly be slain by some other Master. You will die pitifully and alone, perhaps you'll be lucky enough not to have time to mourn your wasted life. I offer you not just a way out, but a way upward."

>He kind of has a point. We ARE just a working-class Magus after all. But we also have better morals and a differing political compass than to take him up on his offer...

>You hate to admit he has...something of a point. With that kind of money, you could easily set yourself up for life... But at the same time...

>Moreover, however much we might arguably benefit, it would mean binding Robin into the service of someone who stands for the very antithesis of her own ideals. Sure, we haven't known her very long, but how could we honestly conscience such a thing?

>People have done awful things for money all throughout history. Could you?

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2017, 02:52:26 AM »
//I had the urge to coerce him. Or at least, find a way for him to work for us.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2017, 02:57:25 AM »
That's a far away dream, we are no Yuri.

>We have also been getting along well too, actually, isn't she one of the few, if not the only one person, that we have an rather friendly relationship with irl ?
>"Well, it is true that i am but a simple worker that is also an Magus, i do not have vast amounts of money, nor manpower or certain knowledges... however... a certain someone showed me that i must have more confidence on myself, and that even if it does not go the way we planned, we just get up and do better, and i trust that person."

So ?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01:30 AM »
> Uh, no.

What on earth are you talking about there? Are you doing that thing again where you write up some flowery inspiring dialogue about stuff that ever actually happened? <_< Also that is way too verbose for such a tense situation, especially considering our lacking social skills. Double especially considering who our audience is.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:03:34 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2017, 03:05:58 AM »
>Okay, no offense taken, just got it outta the system.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2017, 03:19:31 AM »
>Nervously look towards the front seat, as if considering something, only for something to occur to you in doing so...
>Who's driving the car, anyway? Just some valet, or...?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2017, 03:21:08 AM »
>Nervously look towards the front seat, as if considering something, only for something to occur to you in doing so...
>Who's driving the car, anyway? Just some valet, or...?

>Unfortunately, your back is to the driver's seat, so you have no idea. You try to glance back discreetly and disguise it as a thinking motion, and see that there is a privacy screen up.

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2017, 03:29:23 AM »
> How much time has passed since the Grail War started? Or aren't we able to determine it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2017, 03:30:23 AM »
> How much time has passed since the Grail War started? Or aren't we able to determine it?

>You don't know, honestly. It could be upwards of a couple weeks?

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2017, 03:38:08 AM »
>"Um, with all due respect, Mr. Koch... why are you doing this? Surely a magus with your resources could do better than bribing someone like me..."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2017, 03:42:39 AM »
>"Um, with all due respect, Mr. Koch... why are you doing this? Surely a magus with your resources could do better than bribing someone like me..."

>"Because I'm a better class of person than that," he says. "I believe in opportunity. I believe in giving those with the proper spark the chance to shine where they will do their best. You will not do your best here; you will not do much at all. But you have come that far and I choose to recognize it."

>_

« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2017, 04:46:42 AM »
After extensive discussion on IRC, we seem to have agreement to verbally decline the offer. Whether we use this to segue into strong-arming him for more information/resources or actually just walk away with nothing remains to be seen based on how he reacts.

>"If you think I'd be flattered to be recognized by someone whose done as much as you have to take healthcare away from people, then think again. Maybe these seals are wasted on me, but that's still better than whatever it is you'd use them for - unless you'd care to inform me otherwise?"