Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 10 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 157249 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 10 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #570 on: June 11, 2017, 01:35:33 AM »
> Nod.
> Have a seat in the overstuffed chair closest to the door we just came through.

>"Thank you."

>Ellen closes the door and sets a bar into place. "I'll need to go find her," she says. "Would you mind waiting here?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #571 on: June 11, 2017, 01:41:01 AM »
> "Certainly."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #572 on: June 11, 2017, 01:43:46 AM »
> "Certainly."

>"Okay, because if you're not here when we get back, Effie will be really mad and I won't try and stop her," says Ellen, as she disappears down one of the corridors, leaving you alone.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #573 on: June 11, 2017, 02:00:03 AM »
> Sit and wait for someone to come see us.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #574 on: June 11, 2017, 02:09:41 AM »
I just noticed, nice Banana-style hair Purvis.

>Await, checking on our current condition in the meanwhile, how are our clothes ? Any injuries ? How tired are we ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2017, 02:28:20 AM »
> Sit and wait for someone to come see us.

>You wait.

>Await, checking on our current condition in the meanwhile, how are our clothes ? Any injuries ? How tired are we ?

>Your clothes are going to need a wash when you get home. You are happy to sit down, but you're not really tired. It isn't even noon yet. You have only one injury, the one you got yesterday from the wumpus. The salve you've applied to it has healed it quite a bit, it's just a scabbed-over scratch across your stomach now.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2017, 02:30:31 AM »
> Keep waiting for...about twenty minutes for someone to appear.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #577 on: June 11, 2017, 03:17:47 AM »
> Keep waiting for...about twenty minutes for someone to appear.

>You settle in to wait. Your eyes are drawn to the pictures of sheep, who are depicted with exceptional detail and who all look to be ripe for the sheering.  You can't find any source of fire for the lights, and the give off no heat. Perhaps they are magical things? The clay tiles on the ground are very nice, you wonder if they were made here, or if they were imported by the merchant above, or perhaps Rinnosuke himself? It was interesting to find that he eventually came back to the shop...
>It's hard not to get a little antsy waiting for someone to come. Part of you wants to pace, but you feel that would be a poor showing on your part and stay put.
>Eventually, as you start to reach your breaking point, you hear footsteps down one of the halls, the one opposite of the one Ellen disappeared down! They draw steadily closer, until a tall woman in green robes steps out. A pair of impressive horns extend from her temple, reaching up nearly a foot and a half and making the tall woman seem even larger. You find yourself comparing her to Iratsume, but aside from her horns and being on the tall side, they have little in common. This woman is slender, with long grass-colored hair that follows behind her. There is something about the way that she carries herself that reminds you of a deer, a sort of feeling that she might run at any moment.
>The woman regards you with red eyes, then says, almost too quiet to hear, "How did you find me?"

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2017, 03:41:35 AM »
>"I requested the aid of the shopkeeper, do not worry, your secret will be safe with me, i will not inform anyone else about your location."
>Nod.
>"I assume you are the current hakutaku, Miss Effie ? The name is Sakuya Izayoi, former Chief Maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, i was an acquaintance of your ancestor."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2017, 04:09:06 AM »
>"I requested the aid of the shopkeeper, do not worry, your secret will be safe with me, i will not inform anyone else about your location."
>Nod.
>"I assume you are the current hakutaku, Miss Effie ? The name is Sakuya Izayoi, former Chief Maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, i was an acquaintance of your ancestor."

>There is a long, painful silence as she makes her way toward toward a chair and sits. Even then, she doesn't seem to relax, you have the feeling she could be on her feet and running in an eyeblink.
>"...I am more disappointed in her than reassured," she says. "But for now, we'll leave it at that."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2017, 09:13:12 AM »
>"Indeed."
>Nod.
>"Anyways, i was told that the hakutaku of my era, Keine Kamishirasawa, had a premature death, through illness if i recall correctly, and that her full recovery wasn't possible at the time because of the lack of the right medicine, is that correct ?"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:23:25 AM by Vampy-chan Lover »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
>"Indeed."
>Nod.
>"Anyways, i was told that the hakutaku of my era, Keine Kamishirasawa, had a premature death, through illness if i recall correctly, and that her full recovery wasn't possible at the time because of the lack of the right medicine, is that correct ?"

>"There was nothing for it, no," says the hakutaku.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »
>"Well you see, i am from a time period before her illness, but i was driven forwards in time by an unknown force during an attempt to rescue her from a fire that happened on the now defunct Scarlet Mansion and taken to this time period, hundreds of years later."
>Wait a bit for her to assimilate it all.
>"Now that i heard all about what happened to her, i wish to change that and help her have an full recovery."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2017, 10:01:44 AM »
>"Well you see, i am from a time period before her illness, but i was driven forwards in time by an unknown force during an attempt to rescue her from a fire that happened on the now defunct Scarlet Mansion and taken to this time period, hundreds of years later."
>Wait a bit for her to assimilate it all.
>"Now that i heard all about what happened to her, i wish to change that and help her have an full recovery."

>She takes a moment to absorb all of that, then says, "What's written is written."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2017, 10:53:32 AM »
> Frown a bit.
> "I'm sorry?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »
> Frown a bit.
> "I'm sorry?"

>She shakes her head. "There's no point in trying to save her. What was written is written."

>_

« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2017, 09:11:16 PM »
>"Ah, I forgot to mention. I am going to be returning to my time, most likely today. Part of why the shopkeeper trusted me I'm sure, seeing as I'm not going to be around to tell your secret even if I had wanted to."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2017, 09:19:11 PM »
Just like Ran said.

>"Since i can go back to that time, i can deliver the right medicine for her recovery, what is written can still be erased and rewritten."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2017, 09:21:04 PM »
Ugh, no elegance whatsoever.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2017, 09:25:12 PM »
Uhm... i may halt it and redo it if you wish so.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: June 11, 2017, 09:36:47 PM »
>"Ah, I forgot to mention. I am going to be returning to my time, most likely today. Part of why the shopkeeper trusted me I'm sure, seeing as I'm not going to be around to tell your secret even if I had wanted to."

>"Still, keep it to yourself," she says. "I would much prefer it not linger through the ages. No one needs know we ever met."
>"Since i can go back to that time, i can deliver the right medicine for her recovery, what is written can still be erased and rewritten."

>"Are you saying you have something that the great sage of the moon did not?" says the hakutaku. "Not that it would matter."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2017, 09:43:15 PM »
>"One can always try, it has been so long ever since those events after all."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »
> "But I was more saying that it was presumably written that I vanished from my era, as that is established fact in this current era, and yet I have secured a way to return to my era regardless. So it would seem that what was written can indeed be changed."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2017, 11:03:15 PM »
>"One can always try, it has been so long ever since those events after all."

>"It wouldn't matter," she says.

> "But I was more saying that it was presumably written that I vanished from my era, as that is established fact in this current era, and yet I have secured a way to return to my era regardless. So it would seem that what was written can indeed be changed."

>"Even if you could save her, it would simply happen again," she says. "I wish not to speak ill of her, but she was very careless for one of her position."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »
>Frown.
>"How so ?"
>Do we recall any events that portrayed this supposed carelessness ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2017, 11:55:44 PM »
>Frown.
>"How so ?"
>Do we recall any events that portrayed this supposed carelessness ?

>You can't recall anything...other than perhaps the time she tried to keep people from going after Mokou?
>"She lived out in the open, heedless to the danger to herself. She walked among the dangerous and the hostile with little concern. And then she died before her time, and there was no one to set the passage of history," says the hakutaku. "She had barely seen a handful of decades by that point, even if she were saved, it is doomed to happen again."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2017, 12:11:56 AM »
>"And you consider that carelessness of her part ?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2017, 12:17:50 AM »
>"And you consider that carelessness of her part ?"

>She nods. "I won't stop you from trying, but I don't think it will change anything in the long run. I know I must sound awful, but please understand I benefit from hindsight."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »
>...what do we know about her work at the Human Village ? Of Keine's.
>"I see... but what will you stay here doing then ?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2017, 12:47:15 AM »
>...what do we know about her work at the Human Village ? Of Keine's.
>"I see... but what will you stay here doing then ?"

>You know that she teaches children there; and tutors Flandre when time permits. She also serves as a kind of first line defense against troublemakers, at the least holding the line until someone more experienced than come.
>"As I always do," says the Hakutaku. "I shall set history into its place. And, when I'm not, I'm happy to stay spend time with my wife."

>_