Author Topic: Reitaisai 14 - 7th May 2017  (Read 28355 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Reitaisai 14 - 7th May 2017
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2017, 02:50:12 AM »
I will be traveling with my family in Tokyo during this time, and I have the 7th free to visit Reitaisai. This will be my first Reitaisai, is there anything I should know or do? I'm not too familiar with how actual cons in Japan work since I just grab stuff online usually.

Highlighting this since it wasn't approved until today.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2017, 04:24:26 AM »
So... Which stations are nearby the place of the jazz concert? It would be really nice to meet to yo together.

I'm now picking free wi-fi in a store. Apart from that, I only get to connect durint my nighr stays in a manga kissa in Akihabara, so I'd like to arrange the meeting as soon as we can!

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2017, 05:10:29 AM »
Dinner plans post Reitaisai just +1 for me! The additional spaces I asked for is just for the Jazz night haha. And yakiniku or whale is good for me as well!

@sinkboss pick up your Reitaisai catalog at any large-ish comic store before the 7th and check the timings there. There will be a time for general entry so go about an hour or two before that to join the main body queue for normal entry (be extra early if you are rushing for Zun's releases). When they annouce the entry you can just listen to directions/go with the crowd and once you are inside it is free rein. I also highly reccomend you get the map of the circle spaces so you can sort of mark out which circles you want to hit and their locations. Abit of prep saves you alot of hassle and wasted time trying to figure out where is what.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
The station closest to the jazz venue is called Shimokitazawa. I normally take the Inokashira Line from Shibuya to get there, but you can also take a different line from Shinjuku.

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2017, 06:15:19 AM »
@CenturyEgg Thanks, I'll head down and prepare for it now. I imagine it's gonna be pretty crazy when it comes to queueing and rushing for the popular releases.

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
Are the RTS catalogues available yet? I haven't spotted any, but that could be just me not noticing them. I'm pretty good at missing stuff.

N-Forza

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2017, 03:08:43 PM »
You have to go to places that sell Touhou/doujin stuff like Animate, Gamers, Akiba-Hobby, Melonbooks, Toranoana, etc. Some might stop selling in the next day or two with the event so close.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »
@CenturyEgg Thanks, I'll head down and prepare for it now. I imagine it's gonna be pretty crazy when it comes to queueing and rushing for the popular releases.

Zun sells out in hour or hour half. This may be even faster considering there are two demos released this reitaisai. Also, I need to mention that the catalog, despite being the size of a small phone book, is your entry ticket into the Reitaisai hall (and when moving between halls as well) so do not discard it at any point or leave i in your hotel room.

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2017, 04:38:23 AM »
Ok, station: Shimokitazawa. And the place's name...? I'm sorry if you already put it, but I'm now connected to the wi-fi of a McDonald's and I don't want to be here looking for it...

Thank you!

SEI

• Constantly uncomfortable.
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2017, 06:06:19 AM »
Okay, so let's start making plans for dinner after Reitaisai. I need a head count and a consensus on cuisine so I can choose where and when to meet. Here's what I have so far. Post with updates and I'll work them in. Don't worry too much about budget.

Me (+1) - Yakiniku, buffet-style or whale
CenturyEgg (+1) - Yakiniku or whale
Yukari's Glove - Whale
Urotsuki -
jaytii -

Yakiniku or whale for me please!

N-Forza

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »
The jazz venue is 下北沢(Shimokitazawa) Music Island O. I was going to try to organize a meet-up time at the station so no one would get lost. 5:15-5:30 would probably work since it starts at 6.

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2017, 08:14:10 AM »
I'm completely up for it! Which exit of the station? Thanks for all the help, Forza

EDIT: I was referring at which exit could we all meet.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:12:12 PM by Yukaris Glove »

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2017, 12:52:05 AM »
Hello, I've been silently lurking on this thread for days. I can't go to the next Reitaisai but I'm planning to visit the Autumn RTS this year. However I'm not sure if there's any difference that needs to be noted between the two. Can someone enlighten me?

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2017, 09:20:15 AM »
Sorry for missing this. Casting my ballot for whale if it is not too late.

Seems there will be a Touhou dance music festival on Sat 6th starting at 13:00 at 秋葉原MOGRA. Event is called "TOHO DANCE NATION Vol.1." There should be enough time for this and the jazz show. If anyone is interested, I'll gather more details.

N-Forza

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2017, 09:31:06 AM »
That event runs well past the start time for the jazz show though, so if you're doing to do both, I would suggest leaving around 4:30 to give you enough time.

And as for the post-Reitaisai dinner, it might end up being yakiniku since Sedrife really didn't seem all that enthused about whale, heh.

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2017, 11:11:13 PM »
Another important question: do anyone know where exactly is the entrance of Reitaisai? I mean, I'm planning my route on the maps. I might stay in Odaiba overnight only to get first on the queue so I can get to ZUN's stand, so I really need to know this so it won't be all in vain.

Thank you!

And sorry if I'm a bit annoying or something, but if the station has many exits, I think we should decide in which one of them we're all going to meet.

N-Forza

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2017, 11:39:57 AM »
No problem about the exits, I meant to respond earlier but I haven't had much time to do a circle check much less anything else not related to more recent matters.

In any case, let's assemble outside of the South Exit at 5:15. I'll have my phone with me so if anyone if wi-fi enabled they can just PM me and I'll catch it. I'll be the ridiculously tall white guy in glasses and probably a blue shirt.

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2017, 04:02:47 AM »
Thanks for all the effort in putting this post-convention dinner together.
Please count me in for it as well.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2017, 05:26:40 AM »
Another important question: do anyone know where exactly is the entrance of Reitaisai? I mean, I'm planning my route on the maps. I might stay in Odaiba overnight only to get first on the queue so I can get to ZUN's stand, so I really need to know this so it won't be all in vain.

Thank you!

And sorry if I'm a bit annoying or something, but if the station has many exits, I think we should decide in which one of them we're all going to meet.
The entrance to the queue/event will be signposted at Big Sight. Look for the kanji 例大祭 and follow the arrows. Show the staff members your catalogue and they'll let you in. The closest stations to Big Sight are Kokusai-Tenjijo (JR Rinkai Line) and Kokusai-Tenjijo-Seimon (Yurikamome), and there's lots of arrows pointing you to Big Sight from there. If in doubt, follow the crowd.

I don't know if Reitaisai does this so someone will have to clarify, but be careful showing up super early for non-comiket events, especially before the first train. Sometimes event organisers punish people who arrive too early, or stay up all night, by roping off their section of the queue, and forcing them to wait while everyone else is let in before them. Most people I know aim for 8am, so I guess if you shoot for 7:30, you'll probably be okay. Probably. (Someone more experienced than me can probably give better advice tbh.)

N-Forza

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2017, 07:42:07 AM »
I'm about to head out to Shimokitazawa station to meet up with people, but I was doing some looking around for places to eat and noticed that probably due to the Golden Week holidays, there are a lot of restaurants have available space if we go early enough. So, how about we all meet up in Shibuya around the Hachiko statue by 6:00 and look for a place to eat? That should give everyone enough time to go back to their lodgings to drop stuff off and still give us a good chance at finding a nice place for food.

If you wanted to exchange contact info, just PM me over here or we can do something like swap Line/Twitter accounts at the concert.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2017, 08:39:58 AM »
That event runs well past the start time for the jazz show though, so if you're doing to do both, I would suggest leaving around 4:30 to give you enough time.

And as for the post-Reitaisai dinner, it might end up being yakiniku since Sedrife really didn't seem all that enthused about whale, heh.

Oh don't mind me about the whale.  It was a bit fatty but everyone should get to try it at least once.

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
What area did you have in mind for the dinner?
On Tabelog.com, for whale I found Umakuraumaya (旨蔵 うま八) next to Shimbashi Station and Taishuusakabatoritoku (大衆酒場 鳥徳) next to Shinagawa station.

N-Forza

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2017, 10:56:38 PM »
Like I said, meet up at Shibuya and we'll go from there. There are plenty of options in the area and I know it like the back of my hand.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2017, 04:01:57 PM »
Reitaisai is over but the buzz hasn't died down yet. I'm still in the midst of thanking people over twitter but it was really a blast! It was good meeting quite a few of the people from the forums and having the dinner hangout as well. Special thanks to Forza once again for handling reservations and being our dependable guide for the days on and off Reitaisai.

I really really hope I can make it for Reitaisai next year once again!

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2017, 04:18:02 AM »
That's right, thank you very much for all, Forza  :D

By the way, has anyone tried the demos already? I've just tried to play the demo of Antinomy of Common Flowers, but it just doesn't work, even running it in Japanese with Locale Emulator and Admin Rights. No way to play the game :(