Author Topic: [ART] LONG-MAO ART  (Read 7623 times)

[ART] LONG-MAO ART
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:30:30 PM »

★[tumblr]☆[picarto]★[deviantart]☆[pixiv (NSFW)]★

Hello! My name is Mao and this is really my first interactions with the forums. I?m a commission artist who has done a number of commissions for members of this forum, and I figure posting them is as good of a way as any to get my foot in the door. All images are separate with thumbnails, so feel free to click away!

I?m also currently putting some effort into a commission for a forum member right now.

As far as art goes, I plan on finishing up my current batch of commissions and taking some time to focus on personal projects focusing on Touhou, so I look forward to using this thread as an update ground as I make progress as an artist! I look forward to sharing my work with you all!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:10:57 PM by Mao »

★[tumblr]☆[picarto]☆[deviantart]★

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: [ART] LONG-MAO ART
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »
Hi Mao =[

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:33:34 AM »
Oh! I've seen Kilga reblog some of your stuff on Tumblr. Nice to meet you!
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 04:16:49 AM »
There's only one person in the world who would commission for girls in scuba gear and certain aquatic creatures around here. I see you were enabling their odd fetish :V
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
Hi Mao =[
I have been told the best response to this is: :[
 But no, hey! It's a pleasure. Please take good care of me here, haha.

Oh! I've seen Kilga reblog some of your stuff on Tumblr. Nice to meet you!

Thank you! It's nice to meet you, too! Kilga is pretty much my biggest supporter, so he is always very generous about reblogging my art. It's really exciting to see that someone remembers it from that.

There's only one person in the world who would commission for girls in scuba gear and certain aquatic creatures around here. I see you were enabling their odd fetish :V

Ehehehe,  whoever could it be? Such a mystery~~

Actually, as soon as Cirno and penguins were mentioned, I immediately got excited and talked to them about Little Blue Fairy Penguins, so I think I've blown right past "Enabling" and into "Encouraging." It's been a blast to work on though, all daily stressors aside.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »
I have been told the best response to this is: :[
 But no, hey! It's a pleasure. Please take good care of me here, haha.

Correct!

I shall defeat at least two opponents upon request.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
Correct!

I shall defeat at least two opponents upon request.

You know exactly who to start with, ufufufu.♥

But actually, going back  to the art--

Once I finish this current batch of commissions, I'm planning on starting working on what will be prints of various Touhous. I don't want to just draw my favorites and quit because I've lost interest, so I'm totally taking suggestions to help me balance out who I want to draw with who other people want to see.

There's a catch, though! If  you're going to make a suggestion, please give me a sort paragraph explaining why you like the character! It's so much more interesting to know why people want it instead of just getting a name!  Also, its probably worth mentioning that I plan to make these as A4, 350dpi size canvases with backgrounds-- it's probably gunna take a few weeks per request, and its 100% confirmed I won't do all of them because I just don't have that much free time.

So yea, please feel free to help a sister out and give me some suggestions! The excitement of others gets me all powered up, so be passionate!!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: [ART] LONG-MAO ART [Now with Requests!]
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 02:29:08 AM »
HOKAI!

Kisume: She is lives in a bucket. This automatically makes her superior. BUT THERE IS MORE! As she carries her home with her, it can be said with complete accuracy that she is a hobo, and indeed is the hobo queen of gensokyo. Her clothing is pleasing simple, and she has both green hair AND twintails. We know she attacks people at random, and given her hobo nature is is almost certainly to mug them. This gives her a lovely bandit charm on top of it all.

Unfortunately, I am literally the only Kisume Fan and I am too poor to afford prints.

Shizuha: While she has insufficient buckets and thus cannot be the best, she is still The Shiz. Easily one of the most overlooked characters out there, it has become a meme that needs to be defeated. The Shiz has a lot of potential: she is the painter of leaves; a figure loved for a short time, then seldom thought about until her time comes again; an entity of decay and slow, gentle decline. Her leaf pattern dress is neat, and she has a head leaf! AH GOD DAMN HEAD LEAF!

There might actually be three fans of the Shiz, maybe even five, so there's a infinitely greater chance of this one getting bought!

Hina: Lacking both Buckets and Shizness, Hina is the third most powerful. But the power of third is not to be taken lightly! She has a neat dress, and her hair almost looks like a dainty beard, for extra dwarf power! Furthermore, everyone loves Hina. She has shipping possibilities with pretty much all of the MoF Crewe! And she has lovely boots, Everyone likes lovely boots. Not to mention her smile is so infectious it became a meme.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 02:12:14 AM »
Cirno gone get bit doing that =[

That's real pretty, I like the under the ice effect.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 01:26:59 PM »
*Fidget*

Um.... is this limited to Touhou only ?

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 04:21:31 PM »
*Fidget*

Um.... is this limited to Touhou only ?

Well, my focus is to build up something of a portfolio for Touhou in specific. I'll definitely hear out other requests, but I can't say I'll put a focus on them unless they really catch my eye.

And, oh my goodness, thank you for the interest!

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »
*Nod*

Well um... i have two in mind.

My first one would be... Daiyousei i guess, i really like how cutesy she seems and acts in what i read and see, the fact she is a fairy (Fairies are people too !), and how she mustered that will to go face a shrine maiden/magician with no spellcard or anything. (Besides, warping is a cool ability.)

The second one... isn't really Touhou but wait !

Well, this is Lily, no, not our Lily, but quite inspired on her, she is a young (About 12 or 14 years old) girl that controls ice and searches for a place with the purest spring for her kind (Which is also unknown what kind it is), she also behaves cutely and is really worrisome, the fact she was travelling all alone on her quest in a vast and undiscovered world shows her bravery.

You can see what i value in people from this, ehm.... so.... will you try any of them ?

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 09:46:48 PM »
Are we limited to our most favorite characters, or can we request whatever the hell we want?

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
I'll start up a list of characters submitted sometime soon. I'm admittedly v. bad about checking here regularly.

Are we limited to our most favorite characters, or can we request whatever the hell we want?

I mean, if you make a compelling enough argument for whatever the hell you want, I'd still be willing, ahaha. I just wanna know why people like who they do.

Also, did an art trade recently!

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 03:27:44 PM »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 04:40:01 PM »
Weird indeed. :D

Looks great too, nice work !

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 04:11:46 PM »
It's time for a dump. It's been a long time, but I did draw some touhous in the mean time:

Kasen/Reimu

MikoToji

HecaJun

AyaMomi

A Kappa

Real life decided to completely eat me so I haven't really had time for much in way of anything outside commissions, which I then had to close. Whoops.