Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71241 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #900 on: September 09, 2016, 07:06:58 AM »
>"I wanted to give you a chance to live your life free from the grip of the abyss - free from the voices and the darkness. What you choose to do with that life is up to you; I understand if that might take a little while to figure out."
>"Of course, if there's anything I can do to help...."

>"Do ya ride?" Drag Strip asks you.

« Reply #901 on: September 09, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »
>"I myself don't, but one of our number is fairly experienced at it."

« Reply #902 on: September 09, 2016, 10:06:54 PM »
>"I myself don't, but one of our number is fairly experienced at it."

>"Damn."
>"Damn?" Wildrider asks her.
>"Yeah, damn. Was kinda hoping we could trade in Motormaster for her. Ditch that jackass tyrant, pick up a bombshell babe with kickass magic?" Drag Strip gives her partner an enthusiastic thumbs up. "Major win!"
>Wildrider considers that, then nods. "I think I agree with you, for once."
>"And we could teach ya!" Drag Strip offers you. "Never be as good as me of course, but we can get ya mighty close!"
>"Excuse me." White Rose interjects. "Are you asking Lotus to take over your gang?"
>Drag Strip gives her a puzzled look. "Ain't that what I said?"

« Reply #903 on: September 09, 2016, 10:21:56 PM »
>"I, um... I'm flattered at the offer, but I'm not sure I'm really cut out for the job. Besides, I have people I'm responsible for already."

« Reply #904 on: September 09, 2016, 11:24:14 PM »
>"I, um... I'm flattered at the offer, but I'm not sure I'm really cut out for the job. Besides, I have people I'm responsible for already."

>"Aw, come on." Drag Strip persists. "We need a new boss, and Breakdown here ain't gonna be it. Sorry, BD. You might still outrank us, but that don't make you a leader."
>"No, I know." the blue-haired biker says with a nod. "I never wanted to be Queen, and I still don't."
>"'sides, we can take orders." Drag Strip assures you. Then she glances at the one called Vice. "Well, most of us. And since you fixed us, you probably won't even have to crack any heads in the process!"
>"Or pay for our bad habits." Wildrider muses, checking out your arms. "Have you two noticed that none of us are high anymore?"
>"We're not?" Drag Strip gapes as Breakdown checks out her own arms. "Fuck me, you're right, I'm not. And I don't feel like something's missing, either." She whistles. "Damn, girl, now I want you in charge even more!" The other two bikers nod their agreement.

« Reply #905 on: September 09, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »
>"Do you even need someone to give you orders? Motormaster's tyranny wasn't the only reason you were together, was it? And, even if it was, that era is over; you're your own persons."

« Reply #906 on: September 10, 2016, 12:32:28 AM »
>"Do you even need someone to give you orders? Motormaster's tyranny wasn't the only reason you were together, was it? And, even if it was, that era is over; you're your own persons."

>"Every gang's gotta have someone in charge." Wilrider points out reasonably. "Breakdown doesn't have the drive for it, I don't have the know-how, and Drag Strip couldn't lead ants to a picnic."
>"Oy!"
>Ignoring Drag Strip's protest, Wildrider continues, "So why not the woman that made us what we are. Plus you DID beat Motormaster. We owe you for that if nothing else."

« Reply #907 on: September 10, 2016, 12:42:20 AM »
>"If you owe me anything, there is no way I would rather be repaid than for you to live a good and honest life."
>"To be honest, I wouldn't even know the first thing about leading a motorcycle gang. I don't even know what you do."

« Reply #908 on: September 10, 2016, 12:51:18 AM »
>"If you owe me anything, there is no way I would rather be repaid than for you to live a good and honest life."
>"To be honest, I wouldn't even know the first thing about leading a motorcycle gang. I don't even know what you do."

>Drag Strip falters. "Well... Neither do I, now. I mean, I don't know everything you did to us, but I don't think we're criminals anymore. And we're not drug addicts anymore."
>"Well, what do you do?" Breakdown asks. "I mean, you don't spend all your time going out and changing Blackbloods into Heartsbloods."

« Reply #909 on: September 10, 2016, 01:03:48 AM »
>"We protect this city and the people in it from supernatural threats."

« Reply #910 on: September 10, 2016, 01:13:45 AM »
>"We protect this city and the people in it from supernatural threats."

>"Like us?" Breakdown asks, a bit self-deprecatingly.

« Reply #911 on: September 10, 2016, 01:25:48 AM »
>"To be honest, you were the first Blackbloods I'd ever personally encountered. We were here for Motormaster. But... yes."

« Reply #912 on: September 10, 2016, 01:31:43 AM »
>"To be honest, you were the first Blackbloods I'd ever personally encountered. We were here for Motormaster. But... yes."

>"Well hell, we can do that!" Drag Strip boasts. "We're still the toughest gang in town."
>"Well, we're up there." Wildrider counters.

« Reply #913 on: September 10, 2016, 01:46:47 AM »
>"There's more to this job than applying force in the direction of dangerous beings, but I have no doubt that those powers of your could do a lot of good if used for the right cause."

« Reply #914 on: September 10, 2016, 01:50:04 AM »
>"There's more to this job than applying force in the direction of dangerous beings, but I have no doubt that those powers of your could do a lot of good if used for the right cause."

>"That's up to you, boss." Drag Strip replies with that sharp grin of hers.

« Reply #915 on: September 10, 2016, 01:51:14 AM »
>"You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?"

« Reply #916 on: September 10, 2016, 02:21:21 AM »
>"You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?"

>"I never do."
>"She means it." Wildrider observes. "You want to get rid of her, you need to challenge her to something."
>"And I never lose!"
>The dark-haired Wildrider draws herself to reply, but Breakdown holds up her arm. "Just let that one pass, for now. Please?" Then she turns back to you. "But I think you're right, Lotus. I think we do have the power to do some real good. And for the first time, that doesn't sound like a joke to my ears. But we're a gang. That means we know all about the strength in numbers, and we know the value of strong leadership." She looks between Lily and White Rose. "I don't know you well yet, but I think you are a strong leader."

« Reply #917 on: September 10, 2016, 02:41:30 AM »
>"I try my best. And even if this situation is new to both of us, I'm certainly willing to offer whatever guidance I am able. But I do have full-time commitments elsewhere that I can't step down from."

« Reply #918 on: September 10, 2016, 04:29:51 AM »
>"I try my best. And even if this situation is new to both of us, I'm certainly willing to offer whatever guidance I am able. But I do have full-time commitments elsewhere that I can't step down from."

>"Okay fine, then I challenge you." Drag Strip declares, pointing her finger at you. "I win, you're our boss. You win, we find someone else."
>"What kind of challenge?" White Rose asks warily.
>"You said one of your guys is a biker, right? We'll have a race."

« Reply #919 on: September 10, 2016, 04:41:28 AM »
>"She's also injured and worn out, and I still need her help to heal Offroad. That's hardly a fair challenge."

« Reply #920 on: September 10, 2016, 05:22:34 AM »
>"She's also injured and worn out, and I still need her help to heal Offroad. That's hardly a fair challenge."

>"I can give ya an hour."

« Reply #921 on: September 10, 2016, 05:33:31 AM »
>"Well, you'll have to ask her yourself, when she gets here. I don't speak for her in these sorts of matters."

« Reply #922 on: September 10, 2016, 05:41:13 AM »
>"Well, you'll have to ask her yourself, when she gets here. I don't speak for her in these sorts of matters."

>"Oh yah? Where's she at?"
>"Here." Reisen's voice comes from the stairs. The rabbit and Chrysanthemum are making their way back down into the crypt. Whether she was using Dancer or not above ground, she has changed Spectrums to Caster once more. "Apologies, Lotus. That took longer than anticipated."
>You do, though. she adds telepathically. You do own me now, and I don't mind you speaking for me. Believe me, far worse than you have.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:11:04 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #923 on: September 10, 2016, 05:59:05 AM »
>That may be so, but giving you a real say in your own life again is one of the reason I freed you from Madame Knowledge in the first place. I'm not about to ask you to race someone over a matter like this, if you didn't want to yourself.

« Reply #924 on: September 10, 2016, 06:15:36 AM »
>That may be so, but giving you a real say in your own life again is one of the reason I freed you from Madame Knowledge in the first place. I'm not about to ask you to race someone over a matter like this, if you didn't want to yourself.

>Reisen smiles faintly. When we have the time, we're going to have to talk about the things you would feel comfortable ordering me to do. Then she says aloud, to Drag Strip, "I am called Poppy. And I'm surprised it took you this long to challenge my leader, Drag Strip."
>The biker seems proud. "You've heard of me. Not surprised."
>"I know about all of you. But not everything. There's one thing I need to ask you, before my leader and I can help Offroad."

>As she speaks to the bikers, Kiku contacts you on a private channel, I realize these are unexpected circumstances, Lotus, but perhaps you should consider their offer. I can think of a number of benefits to such an arrangement.

« Reply #925 on: September 10, 2016, 06:23:06 AM »
>I know they might be useful allies, and that they could probably benefit from some direction with their 'new lives', but I have to admit that this all feels a little out of my depth. And can I really have time to 'lead' a gang while I've still got Lotus work and ideally some kind of 'normal' life besides?

« Reply #926 on: September 10, 2016, 06:48:46 AM »
>I know they might be useful allies, and that they could probably benefit from some direction with their 'new lives', but I have to admit that this all feels a little out of my depth. And can I really have time to 'lead' a gang while I've still got Lotus work and ideally some kind of 'normal' life besides?

>I suspect that may depend on how independant these women are. But I don't know if that will be a problem. Consider what we know of the Motormaster we fought. Did they seem like the type who would have tolerated company all the time? They may have demanded obedience from their gang, but that doesn't mean they wanted their gang around them all the time. And I think at least the two called Breakdown and Wildrider will want to spend some time on their own, now that they are changed people. She pauses, then adds dryly, Though Drag Strip might pose something of a problem. He is... challenging.

>"And what's that?" Breakdown asks Poppy.
>"Did she come to you people on her own?" the rabbit asks her. "I know she used to be a champion, before she fell in with you. I just don't know why she did."
>"Vice." the biker answers quietly. "You probably heard he's a dealer. He caught her in a weak moment."
>"He always was good at finding people like that." Drag Strip adds with profound distaste. "Guy was a coward. I'd have stuck a knife in him ages ago, if Motormaster wouldn't have gutted me for it."
>Reisen sighs and lowers her head. "I suspected. But I had to be sure."
>And talking of the devil, the Green Jeweled Vice begins to stir as Reisen turns back to you. "When you're ready, Lotus, I will help you." There are some of the bikers I would not have done this for. she admits privately. But I will do this for Offroad. I always wondered if she was with Motormaster by choice. Now I know.

« Reply #927 on: September 10, 2016, 06:52:21 AM »
>"Thank you."
>Let's get down to it and transmute the last of them

« Reply #928 on: September 10, 2016, 09:18:18 AM »
>"Thank you."
>Let's get down to it and transmute the last of them

>Lily and Rin move to join you, Reisen and Kiku. Five of you to change the easiest one seems like overkill, but it is the best way to handle things, you judge. More hands make for lighter work, as they say. The Blue-Jeweled Offroad is clad in dull grey and blue biker's leathers, her thick, greasy hair an unhealthy shade of green, and a fairly nasty looking hatchet belted at the back of her waist, right over a bag of a white powdery substance. You wonder what she'll look like once you've finished.
>Drag Strip and Wildrider draw closer as you being your spell, their faces pictures of curiosity. They've felt the procedure, but they've never witnessed it before. And judging from what you're sensing from within Offroad, you're doing her a favor in more than one way. You can sense the drugs in her system. You're not sure, but you suspect that if she didn't have her Jewels providing her body with extra resilience, that amount of narcotics would have killed her. The combined power of the five of you magical girls not only expunges the evil from Offroad's essence, it also cures her body as it did with all the others, though none was so badly needed as hers. She had the weakest Jewles and had consumed the most drugs. You get the uncomfortable feeling this was not abnormal for her. This woman had been victimized by more than just the circumstances of her birth.

>The addition of Poppy makes the process even less energy consumptive than it otherwise might have been, another plus. Not that you'd refuse a chance for a nap once you get through here. Your power has cleaned the woman's hair as well as her soul. Her thick hair now appears freshly washed, and is a darker, more vibrant shade of green than it was before. The blue in her clothing is now a brighter hue as well, and, peculiarly, the shaft of her hatchet, formerly dull black, is now a glossy blue, the same shade as her Jewel.

« Reply #929 on: September 10, 2016, 09:33:59 AM »
>Well, that's one way to clear your hair.
>Let's give ourselves another moment to rest and see what, if anything, is going to come of this race business