Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71249 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #480 on: June 17, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
>Like the entity that was in Satori, sorry.

>That big black evil thing? she yells suddenly, very awake. Another one? Where?

« Reply #481 on: June 17, 2016, 07:26:55 AM »
>It hasn't been unleashed yet, don't worry. This isn't an emergency, just trying to deal with things before they potentially become one. If our information is the correct, the person it's inside is currently at the Mana Tombs. We're planning to meet up with the others there in a little over an hour.

« Reply #482 on: June 17, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »
>It hasn't been unleashed yet, don't worry. This isn't an emergency, just trying to deal with things before they potentially become one. If our information is the correct, the person it's inside is currently at the Mana Tombs. We're planning to meet up with the others there in a little over an hour.

>Mana Tombs? Isn't that something out of a game?

« Reply #483 on: June 17, 2016, 07:49:03 AM »
>It's a graveyard in the southeast end of the city.
>Provide appropriate addresses

« Reply #484 on: June 17, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »
>It's a graveyard in the southeast end of the city.
>Provide appropriate addresses

>I'll be there as fast as I can. She's all business now.

« Reply #485 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:34 AM »
>The others won't be there before at least an hour, so there's no need to rush any faster than that. Just so long as you get there.

« Reply #486 on: June 17, 2016, 08:11:50 AM »
>The others won't be there before at least an hour, so there's no need to rush any faster than that. Just so long as you get there.

>She pauses, then says in a lighter tone, Thanks. I, uh, needed a minute or two anyway.

« Reply #487 on: June 17, 2016, 08:13:48 AM »
>I'm very sorry to pull you away from more pleasant things.

« Reply #488 on: June 17, 2016, 08:33:52 AM »
>I'm very sorry to pull you away from more pleasant things.

>Yeah, well, we're heroes now. Comes with the job, right?

« Reply #489 on: June 17, 2016, 08:46:14 AM »
>It's the things like this we fight to keep safe.

« Reply #490 on: June 17, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »
>It's the things like this we fight to keep safe.

>Big time.  Uh, but, uh.... Do you think I... might have time to stick my head in the shower? I'm kinda sweaty.

« Reply #491 on: June 17, 2016, 09:21:05 AM »
>So long as you think you can get there by an hour and fifteen minutes or so, it's all fine.

« Reply #492 on: June 17, 2016, 09:43:58 AM »
>So long as you think you can get there by an hour and fifteen minutes or so, it's all fine.

>Oh yeah, no problem, boss.

« Reply #493 on: June 17, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
>Then I shall see you there.
>And don't forget to give the lucky girl a good luck kiss before you go!

« Reply #494 on: June 18, 2016, 01:44:53 AM »
>Then I shall see you there.
>And don't forget to give the lucky girl a good luck kiss before you go!

>Lily giggles. No way I'd forget that.

« Reply #495 on: June 18, 2016, 03:03:40 AM »
>See you soon.
>Explain any parts of the plan to Rin that we need to and make our way to the Mana Tombs. Use whatever means of transit will get us there in the appropriate length of time. No need to rush, but don't be late either.
>And let's try to meet up at a far enough distance that Motormaster's crew couldn't actually see us, in case they're paying attention or even care

« Reply #496 on: June 18, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »
>See you soon.
>Explain any parts of the plan to Rin that we need to and make our way to the Mana Tombs. Use whatever means of transit will get us there in the appropriate length of time. No need to rush, but don't be late either.
>And let's try to meet up at a far enough distance that Motormaster's crew couldn't actually see us, in case they're paying attention or even care

>At the moment, the fastest and most convenient means of conveyance appears to be flight, and since Rin's discs seem better suited for the job than yours, you and your kasha board one of her flying discs and take off into the sky.
>The journey is not entirely uneventful. After about ten minutes or so, as the two of you are drawing near to one of the four main roads of the city, Rin happens to glance back over her shoulder, and her eyes narrow. "We're being followed."

« Reply #497 on: June 18, 2016, 04:53:23 PM »
>Follow her gaze. Can we recognize anyone? Sense anything?

« Reply #498 on: June 19, 2016, 12:42:10 AM »
>Follow her gaze. Can we recognize anyone? Sense anything?

>Some distance behind you, but almost certainly following your flight path, is a humanoid figure with black wings. You can't be sure at this range, but your guess would be a tengu. A normal tengu at that, since she doesn't appear to possess any kind of supernatural aura.

« Reply #499 on: June 19, 2016, 01:15:51 AM »
>Could it be Hatate? She was recording us the other day, and tried to accost us for an interview before that. It wouldn't be so strange if she tried to chase after us, either.
>Or is it just plain too far away to tell that?
>Can we think of any magic we have at-hand that would let us get a better visual look from this distance?

« Reply #500 on: June 19, 2016, 04:18:36 AM »
>Could it be Hatate? She was recording us the other day, and tried to accost us for an interview before that. It wouldn't be so strange if she tried to chase after us, either.
>Or is it just plain too far away to tell that?
>Can we think of any magic we have at-hand that would let us get a better visual look from this distance?

>This tengu's hair appears to be too light a shade for it to be Hatate.
>You could attempt to simply 'magic' your eyes directly, though you'd rather not try that on the move if you could help it. Alternatively, you could get creative with your Sapphire Light. A little judicious rejiggering of that light could produce a lensing effect. You could construct a sight-enhansing tool for yourself, such as a spyglass or binoculars.

« Reply #501 on: June 19, 2016, 04:20:53 AM »
>Let's try that lensing thing if it's not too hard and take a closer look

« Reply #502 on: June 19, 2016, 05:38:51 AM »
>Let's try that lensing thing if it's not too hard and take a closer look

>Having never done anything quite like this with your light before, it takes a couple of whacks to put anything useful together, but on the fourth attempt, a blue hard-light construct of a telescope shimmers into being and, with a look through the small end, this one appears to do the job you want it to. You make a note to study more on lenses later, in the event you need a better scope. And to try different colors, since the use of this one puts the tengu you're looking at in a fairly strong blue filter.
>Despite the discoloration, you can now make out enough of the tengu's features to recognize her. It is not Hatate, but it is one of her fellow tengu that works with her on the school newspaper. If you're right, she handles the interviews moreso than photography. Her, shall we say, ample tracts of land and know-how on how to use them help her in getting her questions answered. She is a pretty girl, and under normal circumstances might make an amusing diversion, but this is hardly the time.

« Reply #503 on: June 19, 2016, 05:54:12 AM »
>"It's one of Hatate's associates. So nothing sinister, though I'd certainly prefer she not be around for the coming confrontation."

« Reply #504 on: June 19, 2016, 06:06:41 AM »
>"It's one of Hatate's associates. So nothing sinister, though I'd certainly prefer she not be around for the coming confrontation."

>Rin looks around. "I can try to lose her, but I don't know if I can. I don't know if I can fly as good as someone born with it."

« Reply #505 on: June 19, 2016, 06:23:47 AM »
>"I don't really think that would be helpful. Besides, I imagine we're only going to look more interesting if we start fleeing. Let her look, I guess; we can't hide from the public all the time, no matter what we do. If she gets too close for her own safety later, we can figure something out then."
>Carry onward

« Reply #506 on: June 20, 2016, 07:18:39 AM »
>"I don't really think that would be helpful. Besides, I imagine we're only going to look more interesting if we start fleeing. Let her look, I guess; we can't hide from the public all the time, no matter what we do. If she gets too close for her own safety later, we can figure something out then."
>Carry onward

>"Understood."
>The blonde tengu does a good job of keeping pace with you, though after she draws a little closer to you and Rin, she maintains her distance from the two of you. Exactly why she does so is unclear, but trying to keep your mind on the task at hand, you chalk it up as a problem delayed.
>Once you and Rin draw close to the Mana Tombs, you see that your map was accurate, it is a very large place, with a large number of structures hinting at subterranean constructs as well. Before looking for your target, you and Rin examine the areas outside the graveyard for a suitable rendezvous point. You spy two possibilities. There is a western-style church to the west of the graveyard, with a stand of trees around and behind the building, enough to provide cover and concealment. The other is a garage to the southeast of the graveyard that appears to be abandoned.

« Reply #507 on: June 20, 2016, 07:27:33 AM »
>Can we get a general sense of whether the graveyard has other people milling around/inside it currently?
>How are we doing for time?

« Reply #508 on: June 20, 2016, 07:44:45 AM »
>Can we get a general sense of whether the graveyard has other people milling around/inside it currently?
>How are we doing for time?

>There's only one person in sight: A man standing just inside the south gate to the graveyard, wearing what you guess is a security guard's uniform.
>You appear to have been the first couple to arrive. You estimate at least ten to fifteen minutes before the others start to arrive.

« Reply #509 on: June 20, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »
>Do we have a clear enough view of the place from here to see that Motormaster and crew are not visible from the air? Or are we still too far away?
>If we have 10 or 15 minutes at least, are there any cafes or other very mundane places nearby where we could drop in for a few minutes and maybe bore the tengu into leaving?